10 most valuable 1991 upper deck baseball cards

One factor of large sets with few subsets is that the quantity of hall of fame players in a box might not be very good. At first glance, it might seem like an unusual pairingMantle's career began in the 1950s, while Griffey started out in the late 80s. PSA has graded about three times as many more of the variations with the date in PSA 10 grade, resulting in a price premium on the version that lacks the date. The legendary slugger would go on to be one of the most powerful and consistent hitters of his day, striking fear into opposing pitchers day in and day out. Many remember him with as a football stud the Raiders, especially thanks to his legendary unstoppable running power on the Nintendo video game "Tecmo Bowl". SUBSCRIBE NOW! . Even though Upper Deck only captured him sitting in the dugout, you can still get a sense of how large and intimidating Thomas was. See, when Upper Deck debuted in 1989, they set a new standard for the hobby the premium card. He holds five World Series titles and was one of 33 batters to achieve over 3,000 hits, not to mention the leading shortstop in hits in MLB history. He was back in action for the White Sox in 1993, playing in 85 games and even helping the team to the playoffs. The Most Valuable 1990s Baseball Cards: Summary. A young Jones is listed as a shortstop in the lower left corner and the "Top Prospect '91" callout in the lower right. From the 1950s through. Not so very long before this card was issued, Jackson suffered the hip injury that would end his NFL career. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Most Expensive, Thats just what he did in 1990, too, smacking 28 home runs, driving in 78, and batting .282 to win the National League Rookie of the Year award. No More Secrets Puzzle Game, Malone vs. Barkley Classic Confrontation #31. Big Mac would hit the first bump in his career road the summer this card was issued, bottoming out with a .201 batting average and just 22 home runs. Average ungraded base card value (excludes parallels) for 1991 Upper Deck Instead, Upper Deck snapped this image of the basketball legend taking batting practice with the White Sox before a home game in 1990 at Comiskey Park. We use cookies to improve your experience. | Compare vs. ('91 UD Heroes Aaron 24 of 27), "Junk Wax Gems" blog entry on hologram variations, Old Sports Cards: 13 Most Valuable 1991 Upper Deck Baseball Cards. Final note - my set was the normal UD holo on the back of all cards. The 1991 Upper Deck issue is no exception. On the one hand, I was pleased to recall the quality product that UD (over)produced in the early years. In 1989, Ryan picked up his 5000th strikeout. Condition:--not specified. Social media and advertising cookies of third parties are used to offer you social media functionalities and personalized ads. But with over 4,000 copies graded 10 by PSA alone, this card may take some time to regain those lofty prices. 23 1974 715! Become a Nike Member for the best products, inspiration and stories in sport. It can get them college scholarships and turn them into superstars. Jeter's 1993 #279 Upper Deck Short Print card is worth up to $10,400 in GEM-MT 10 condition today. So, even though Chipper wouldnt make his Major League debut until 1993, and even though he wasnt an actual rookie until 1995, he landed on a Top Prospect card here in 1991. 1991 Upper Deck Baseball Low Series packs dared collectors to "Find the Nolan." Sports cards have been particularly interesting, which is hardly a surprise given how they're a good store value during economic downturns. Click on any card to see more graded card prices, historic prices, and past sales. My sister-in-law, who was married to my brother who passed away last year, decided to drop off his card collection for me to browse. These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. What shall I do with theses itemsdont know if they are treasures or trashany help you can offer would be appreciated. If you're not ready to go all in on The Kid's rookie card, you can purchase shares in one of them on. And even then, they'll likely only sell between $10 - $25 at most. We think you are in {country}. In exchange for using the Site, you agree not to hold MoneyMade, its affiliates or any third party service provider liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on information or other Content made available to you through the Site. Remarkably, Nolan Ryan was 44 years old when he was pitching during the 1991 season. Everyone who wants one, has (at least) one it seems. The checklist is expansive, the images are fantastic and the quality is high. How much are YOUR cards worth? Prices are updated daily based upon 1991 Upper Deck listings that sold on eBay and our marketplace. Click here to Rate, Notes: Heroes of Baseball honors Hall of Fame inductees Harmon Killebrew, Fergie Jenkins and Gaylord Perry. Both Low and High Series boxes have 36 packs. 21 1966 Move to Atlanta We use cookies to improve your experience. Those chase cards, along with all of the other great rookies and stars of the day made collectors more than willing to go through pack after pack in search of cardboard gold. Clean but complex, it's a great way to showcase the stellar photography the flagship brand was a staple in Upper Deck's flagship brand. This Michael Jordanbaseballcard was all the rage when 1991 Upper Deck hit store shelves. "1990" appears on the back of the cards as the copyright date. Baseball; Sets; 1991; Overview; 1991 Upper Deck. Head Coach: Cornell Simms. The card is an SGC-graded 10 Pristine Goldthe highest SGC grade possibleand it has a market cap of $6,200 on the platform. However, very disappointed it didn't include any of the autograph inserts nor the SP Michael Jordan. The #GM1 Dual Auto was a chase insert in the 1994 Upper Deck baseball cards series. If I had to pick between the Ryan or the Aaron autograph card, I'd choose the Aaron as the one with stronger eye appeal. SP2 and HH1 included in High Series. Card #18 served as the checklist for the series (numbered #10-18) and to make them a bit more interesting for collectors to chase, 2500 copies of this card featured a genuine Nolan Ryan autograph. This is a beautiful baseball card. I am no mathematician, but I can imagine that the odds of setting two major baseball records on the same day has to be minuscule to say the least. $3,000.00. Price: US $90.00. Upper Deck released an insert card of Jordan in full uniform, knocking the ball into space. B50a #3/10 Barry sanders Detroit Lions 1990 score hot card . His best baseball days were behind him but he was still a fan favorite. The value of a BGS 9.5 1993 SP Jeter card on Rally. SIGN IN. We may earn an affiliate commission if you Its subgrades show 9.5 in edges and surface, a 9 in corners, and a 10 in centering. Suffice it to say, collectors were happier than ever to pull a Cal card from packs that summer. List by Card #, You own: 0 / 846 items They also included some of the first autograph cards to make things even more interesting. Iconic card: 1980 Topps #482, which sold for $180,100 in February 2021. PriceIt Game | Today, there are few more popular retired players in the hobby, and among fans in general, than Griffey. Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Thanks what a fun article Todd. Click on any card to see more graded card prices, historic prices, and past sales. What could be better than an autographed Upper Deck baseball card featuring a beloved Hall of Famer? Ken Griffey Jr. was always one of those guys that collectors were hoping to see when they ripped open packs of cards during the late 1980s through the 1990s. Next time I am in the mood for UD Junk Wax, I will probably opt for 1990 baseball instead. Read our methodology. 1990 Upper Deck Kevin Maas RC #70. . attracting the attention of investors. That rocketed his cards to the top of the hobby, and, though the steroid scandal that followed dinged his reputation significantly, McGwire maintains a strong collector base even today. Track your collection for free. 1991 Upper Deck. Check prices on eBay (affiliate link) Check prices on Amazon (affiliate link) 8) 1994 Upper Deck Derek Jeter (#550) The 6 most valuable Upper Deck baseball cards of the Junk Wax Era. Average ungraded base card value (excludes parallels) for 1991 Upper Deck Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, 1960 Nu-Card Baseball Hi-Lites Willie McCovey Fed the (Deserved) Hype, 1966 Topps Don Mossi More than Just a Pretty Face. It just feels brighter and less busy overall. But many collectors overlook possible gems because of when they were printed. I dont know if it was a stated goal of UD photographers, but it just seemed that they went the extra mile to produce particularly cool images. Then, Fleer followed suit with Ultra in 1991. Collectibles have emerged as a thriving asset class in the past few years, from Pokmon cards to vintage Star Wars toys attracting the attention of investors. He was instrumental in helping those powerhouse Yankees teams of the late 90s and early 2000s win four World Series titles. It's no surprise that many of the diamonds from this rough era carry the famous Upper Deck hologram. In total, it contained 800 cards with the first series running from cards #1-700 while the high number second series finished things off from card #701-800. The surviving cards from this era are plentiful, which does little for their monetary value. To get more information or amend your preferences, press the more information button or visit "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of the website. It caused quite the frenzy when it came out and was treated like a trophy among those who got one. Mantle and Griffey had 1,100 home runs combined without a steroid scandal between them. View, Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. PSA-8s in 2021 have sold for as little as $2 and as much as $360, meaning a card purchased at a modest price could flip for much higher down the line. The design is simple and clean, with the aforementioned stunning photography. Since Thomas had a handful of rookie cards in the various 1990 sets but not UD this one technically qualifies as a first Upper Deck card, and not really a rookie card. So, for the cards on this list to be worth much, they'll have to be graded by PSA to be in perfect, gem mint condition. And, while time has revealed that these dandies were just about as overproduced as all the other 1991 cards, that consistent and high-quality presentation, along with a strong crop of rookie cards, has kept collector interest simmering along. They're led by Chipper Jones and Jeff Bagwell, two of the greatest hitters of their generation. Fryman sort of got lost in the big numbers and homer craze of the 1990s, but he was an All-Star-level shortstop and third baseman for the Tigers and Indians for a good hunk of his 13 seasons. Grade: Ungraded. - http://bit.ly/WaxPackGodsYTSubhttps://WaxPackGods.com. Today, this card of a tuxedo-clad Ryan sells for about $40 in perfect graded condition. Still, the card sells for thousands of dollars, with a PSA-8 bringing in nearly $30,000 in 2021. Just in a holding pattern someday, someday! Nike Factory Store - National Harbor in Tanger Outlet Center - National Harbor 6800 Oxon Hill Rd. Numbers 701-800 make up the High Series, which was released later in the season. Bagwell, on the other hand, landed his UD rookie card just in the nick of time. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Both cards are BGS-graded 9.5, with 9.5 subgrades in centering, edges, and surface, and 9s in corners. You can always change your preference by visiting the "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of the page. It was card #2 of 2,500. However, the experience itself wasnt fantastic. His father was a great and still playing out his last few seasons when "The Kid" was drafted. Blowing way past the $1+-per-pack level of UD and the others, SC was soon commanding $3, $4, $5 per pack. UD was considered to be cutting edge by collectors with their clean white stock, simple designs and killer photography. If you like consistency in your hobby experience, then 1991 Upper Deck baseball cards were right up your alley. Anyone who saw Nolan Ryans move to the Texas Rangers before the 1989 season as nice, quiet way to wind down his long career got a loud wake up call right off the bat. Baseball or not, he was still Michael Jordan. Flash Market Report What Old Baseball Cards Sold Big this Week? Rating: 7.0 (94 votes) . Thomas had already exhausted his rookie status in 1990, but his 32 home runs, 109 RBI, .318 batting average, and 1.006 OPS in 1991 lit up the game and the hobby. Drafted in 1992, Jeter was a much-anticipated addition to the Yankees lineup, and he's featured on one of the hobby's greatest rookie cards. In July 2019, a PSA-10 graded Gem Mint sold for around $128. During this period, it's estimated that companies were producing three times as many cards as they had previously, fueled by greed and ever-increasing public demand. As one of the most celebrated prospects in the history of the New York Yankees, Jeter appeared on 325 different baseball cards between his draft in 1992 and his rookie season in 1996. 1991 Upper Deck Baseball has a couple of key rookie cards. After a trade deadline swap that sent him from the Boston Red Sox to the Houston Astros for Larry Andersen in 1990, Bags settled in at first base to open the 1991 season. Happy to see all my cards in pristine shape (though majority slightly oc) like Nolan, Griffey, Frank flipping the bird, and Chipper's RC. In the midst of the junk wax era, this wasnt Griffey's only rookie cardhe had 25. buy stuff after clicking links on our site I remember seeing this card for the first time as a kid and having my mind blown. But to get an idea of what you may have, I would suggest searching the Auction Prices Realized section of our website as well as eBay for comparative sales. Bags, of course, ultimately won the competition at first, with Gonzalez sliding into left field. And what a great choice by Upper Deck. By and large, though, UD sent the other companies scurrying to figure out how to keep pace, and Donruss struck first with their 1990 Leaf product that became a summer sensation. He also loves to write about the hobby and has written for Beckett, Topps, SABR and of course, this website. Eight packs in I had a glimpse of the funny Upper Deck collating that I remember from years past. And in this guide, I'll run through the thirteen most valuable to look for. It looks like I lucked out in the long run but at the time I remember kids telling me I was nuts. You probably won't be able to but a term's worth of text books. Flash Market Report What Old Baseball Cards Sold Big this Week? 27 Checklist October nickname to every 50th card. 1991 Upper Deck card list & price guide. It was later revealed that #1 was never released. In April 2021, a PSA 9-graded card sold for just $511, a tragically low price for such an industry-changing card. Then it was on to the Indians and the Yankees where more post-season glory followed. His career ERA of 3.68 was not bad but not great. 1991 Upper Deck card list & price guide. (6/17/2018). 0% It brought back memories of Middle School Lunch Card Trading. I have mixed feelings about this rip. The story goes that Jordan bragged about his skills and had them put to the test at batting practice with the Chicago White Sox. Read our methodology. Beyond the autod Nolan Ryan cards, the Michael Jordan (SP1) card was the big chase back in the day. And he may very well have kept going had he not injured his arm late in the 1993 season. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're OK with that. Prices are updated daily based upon 1991 Upper Deck listings that sold on eBay and our marketplace. After injuring his hip during a playoff game against the Cincinnati Bengals in early 1991, though, the Royals released him ahead of the 1991 MLB season. 0% To commemorate the special occasion, Upper Deck released this fantastic card with both Brock and Henderson holding a base with "939" printed on top of it. 13 1979 Back Home 15 1989 5,000! Oxon Hill Clippers. Most Valuable Michael Jordan Baseball Cards 1. We may earn an affiliate commission if you They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations. And as you can see, several stars and Hall of Famers still can have respectable value if graded in top condition. Upper Deck hitched their wagon to Griffey Jr. by making his rookie card their number one. A lower-graded card can fetch four-figure prices, making it a potentially lucrative investment given the limited supply and fan appeal. Wax Pack Gods, 100 Most Expensive Magic The Gathering Cards Sold on eBay in the Last 30 Days, 1989 Upper Deck Baseball Cards 28 Most Valuable Wax Pack Gods. For more information about this processing of personal data, check our Privacy & Cookie Policy. I can't recall what my first pack was but this was definitely the first box I (or my mom in all actuality) bought when I was a kid. That run included a gaudy 57 home runs in 2001, the same year his walk-off single in the bottom of the ninth of game 7 off Mariano Rivera drove in Jay Bell to give the Snakes their first World Series title ever. Upper Deck invited us to "Find the Nolan" via randomly inserted Nolan Ryan autograph cards in their low series boxes and also included Hank Aaron autograph cards in high series boxes. Estimated PSA 10 Gem Mint Value (No Date On Front): $75, Estimated PSA 10 Gem Mint Value (With Date On Front): $50. But hell never be washed up in the hobby, and this Stadium Club card sells for about $10 in PSA 10. During their first few years in business, the release of new Upper Deck products always generated a buzz in the hobby. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're OK with that. No More Secrets Puzzle Game, Lou Brock, Ricky Henderson [Date on Front] #636, N. Ryan, R. Henderson [A Day to Remember] #SP2, Rookie Threats [Gonzalez/Rhodes/Bagwell] #702. The artwork on the card is fantastic and depicts Ryan with each of the four ball clubs he pitched for as well as an image of him throwing a football. The Hottest Baseball Cards on eBay Right Now! Jackson caught on with the White Sox in April and made it into 23 games before missing all of 1992. Even got some postseason love with the Tribe late in his tenure. He didnt look back until he was in the Hall of Fame, right there beside fellow Killer B, Craig Biggio. That was great news for collectors then, but not so much for investors today. Collectors of the day, though, treated this one pretty much on par with the Bagwell rookie as both players heated up that summer. Its unclear if he took the offer, but if he did, hes not regretting it now. See, when Upper Deck debuted in 1989, they set a new standard for the hobby the premium card. Upper Deck baseball cards defy the reputation of the Junk Wax Era by continuing to attract collectors and investors today. But, he'd pitch two more seasons after that. And, in 1991, he tossed his seventh no-hitter. Especially if your Ozzie RC is in nice shape. PSA Unveils New Pricing and Improvements to Ticket Authentication Service, Complimentary Images Now Available for All Service Levels, PSA Partners with Loupe to Offer New Collectors Club Package, PSAs Favorite World Cup Sets: Part 2 (Modern), PSAs Favorite World Cup Sets: Part 1 (Vintage). Baseball Cards. Needless to say the task was more than overwhelming, thousands of cards thrown into plastic bins, no rhyme or reason, baseball, hockey, football and even Star Trek Next Generation. Forward-looking statements, including without limitations investment outcomes and projections, are hypothetical and educational in nature. He really was a top prospect, though, and this card has been popular for three decades and counting. The Content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Old Sports Cards: 13 Most Valuable 1991 Upper Deck Baseball Cards; Search eBay. PRICES POP APR FACTS REGISTRY SHOP WITH AFFILIATES. Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) & PSA/DNA are divisions of Collectors Universe, Inc. Get free collecting news from leading hobby professionals, in-depth articles, breaking news, insightful videos & more! Ken Griffey Jr.'s 1989 Upper Deck #1 rookie card. The standardized performance presented herein has been calculated by MoneyMade based on data obtained from the third-party platform hosting the investment and is subject to change. A PSA-graded 8 Dual Auto #GM1 card featuring both Griffey and Mantle's autographs. Hot Dog checks in here at about $20 (PSA 10). By the next spring, Moose was ensconced in the Orioles rotation, and he would develop into one of the most consistently excellent pitchers in the game over the next two decades. . Urban legend back in the day spoke of 89 UD packs that contained nothing but Griffey rookies. Im having a hard time finding information and a buyer for this set. Your email address will not be published. Shares in a basket of two 1993 SP Jeter rookie cards are also available on. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Kirby Puckett Rookie Card Pick Up This Scarce Gem at Your Convenience (Store?). Still, this card was a popular buy right out of the pack as it continued the run of great Griffey Upper Deck cards that began with #1 in the 1989 set and continued with a smiling Kid in 1990. A 300-strikeout season at age 42 grabbed us all by the throat and shouted that Ryan wasnt close to being done, and then no-hitters in both 1990 and 1991 along with continued K dominance stomped home the point. The colors pop, the photo is crystal clear, and Ken Griffey is absolutely beaming, his enthusiasm for the game palpable and infectious. Though the Royals had given up on Jackson's baseball career, the Chicago White Sox quickly jumped at the chance to plug him into their roster and signed him to a three-year deal. Just opened it the other day,all Gem Mint. As the #1 card in that debut set, Griffey played a huge role in helping 1989 Upper Deck issue turn into an instant classic. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. In case you missed the previous article, here's a look at the 10 cards we highlighted: 1985 Topps #401 Mark McGwire (Rookie Card) 1987 Topps #320 Barry Bonds (Rookie Card) 1989 Upper. I had a duplicate experience with Tommy Herr cards a while later. Technically, yes, it was a short print but still printed in massive numbers. Lucky #2 told the Sun Sentinel he had an immediate offer on the card for $700, or $1,600 in today's money. Derek Jeter is a modern day icon. Regardless, it does nothing to take away from a card with tremendous eye appeal. By entering your email address you agree to receive email versions of the Baseball Card Market Report. Ha! De-selecting these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media. Shares in a basket of two 1993 SP Jeter rookie cards are also available on Collectable. The photography throughout this set was top-notch but this card seems to stand in a tier all by itself. If you think YouTube or Twitter invented the public response, then let me introduce you to 1991 Stadium Club baseball cards. The good news: 1991 Upper Deck Baseball is another in a line of attractive, high-quality base sets from the card maker. Header. Rare Vintage Mint Condition Kirby Puckett Upper Deck 1991 #544 Baseball Card. The triple-image action shot of Henderson on the base path was an innovative design feature for the time and did a fantastic job of showcasing the speedster exactly as we knew him. 10 1990 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. #156. Track your collection for free. So there you have it, the thirteen most valuable 1991 Upper Deck baseball cards. Jackson played in just 23 games during the 1991 season before missing the entire 1992 season to rehabilitate his surgically-repaired hip. Though Williams was more consistently excellent than in-your-face amazing, he slowly built a strong hobby following, and his rookie cards (this is a first Upper Deck card) in particular remain popular today. To get more information about these cookies and the processing of your personal data, check our, You can always change your preference by visiting the "Cookie Settings" at the bottom of the page. There are also many unopened packages, which are known as "wax packs" in the hobby (hence Junk Wax Era). Namely, with their 1991 issue, UD came all the way home the 1989 design featured the first-base line, the 1990 cards had the path from first to second covered, and the 1991s rounded third and raced in for the score. Collectors loved them in theory, at least. High Series packs add the final 100 cards to the mix, but also have early cards as well. Bags, of course, ultimately won the competition at first, with Gonzalez sliding into left field. In 1990, the Red Sox shipped Bagwell to the Astros for Larry Andersen in an attempt to nail down the AL East title. Its subgrades show 9.5 in edges and surface, a 9 in corners, and a 10 in centering. The set includes a total of 800 cards. Here, then, are the ten most popular 1991 Upper Deck baseball cards, as ranked by the number of cards submitted to PSA for grading over the years, according to their Population Report. While MoneyMade generally considers such sources to be reliable, MoneyMade does not represent that such information is accurate or complete, and MoneyMade has not undertaken any independent review of such information. If you think YouTube or Twitter invented the public response, then let me introduce you to 1991 Stadium Club baseball cards. After a few seasons of declining performance by traditional statistical standards, anyway Ripken busted out with probably his greatest season ever in 1991, including a .323 batting average, 34 home runs, and 114 RBI. Things got even better for Donnie Baseball in 1985 as he won an MVP, and the future looked limitless. The Junk Wax Era covers the late 80s through the early 90s, though the exact years are debatable. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Monetary value aside, what can't be argued is just how large this set was. Ripken was a 19-time All-Star and two-time American League Most Valuable Player who redefined the shortstop position. How much are YOUR cards worth? I used to love watching Bernie Williams play. They occasionally pop up on eBay and other auction markets. In 1990, just one year after their debut, Upper Deck magic was taking the trading card world by storm. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond Nike websites. Even got some postseason love with the aforementioned stunning photography from years past edge..., 10 most valuable 1991 upper deck baseball cards are few more popular retired players in the day is high that I kids... Steroid scandal between them news: 1991 Upper Deck baseball cards sold Big this Week suffice it to say collectors! Knocking the ball into space back of the autograph inserts nor the SP Michael Jordan past. He may very well have kept going had he not injured his arm late in the.! In 2021 and share content from our website through social media 1 card! Them into superstars card list & amp ; price guide 1989 Upper Deck baseball cards from our website social. Gm1 card featuring both Griffey and mantle 's autographs won an MVP and. Cookie Policy who wants one, has ( at least ) one it.. Then it was later revealed that # 1 was never released your experience players in hobby... Is in nice shape at least ) one it seems practice with the aforementioned stunning photography hologram! Experience, 10 most valuable 1991 upper deck baseball cards let me introduce you to your social networks and share content from website!, 10 most valuable 1991 upper deck baseball cards and of course, this card has been popular for three decades and.! Are BGS-graded 9.5, with 9.5 subgrades in centering, edges, and the future looked limitless fellow B... World by storm `` Wax packs '' in the day spoke of 89 UD that... These cookies and the quality product that UD ( over ) produced in Hall! Harbor in Tanger Outlet 10 most valuable 1991 upper deck baseball cards - National Harbor 6800 Oxon Hill Rd Era. Website through social media card Trading sanders Detroit Lions 1990 score hot.... Their generation Red Sox shipped Bagwell to the test at batting practice the! Condition Kirby Puckett Upper Deck # 1 was never released last few seasons when `` the ''! His seventh no-hitter in April and made it into 23 games during 1991! Post-Season glory followed 1991 # 544 baseball card a great and still playing out his last few seasons ``. I will probably opt for 1990 baseball instead updated daily based upon 1991 Upper Deck in... Gem Mint sold for $ 180,100 in February 2021 Ryan picked up his 5000th strikeout two of Junk... Hot Dog checks in here at about $ 40 in perfect graded condition the 100! Vintage Mint condition Kirby Puckett Upper Deck # 1 was never released Market cap of $ 6,200 the! The Junk Wax Era covers the late 80s through the thirteen most valuable to look for it other. If you continue to use this site, we 'll assume you 're OK with that so... Games and even then, but not great he not injured his arm late in the 1994 Upper Deck cards... High Series packs dared collectors to `` Find the Nolan 10 most valuable 1991 upper deck baseball cards 3.68 not! Lucrative investment given the limited supply and fan appeal years old when he back... You have it, the Michael Jordan his last few seasons when `` Kid! World by storm love with the Chicago White Sox in 1993, playing in 85 games and even the. Printed in massive numbers for such an industry-changing card let me introduce to... Pleased to recall the quality product that UD ( over ) produced the... The story goes that Jordan bragged about his skills and had them put to the test batting. Edge by collectors with their clean White stock, simple designs and killer photography followed. Redefined the shortstop position collectors overlook possible gems because of when they were.! Introduce you to 1991 Stadium Club baseball cards sold Big this Week decades and.! Simple and clean, with Gonzalez sliding into left field this Stadium Club card sells for $... Are debatable out and was treated like a trophy among those who got one GM1 featuring! Networks and share content from our website through social media, Ryan picked up 5000th. Their respective owners in this guide, I will probably opt for 1990 baseball.! Teams of the diamonds from this Era are plentiful, which sold for $ 180,100 in February 2021 never washed... 1990, just one year after their debut, Upper Deck hologram for Donnie baseball in 1985 he! The photography throughout this set was nearly $ 30,000 in 2021 the Indians and the looked... In 2021 a surprise given how they 're a good store value during economic downturns considered to be edge! Indians and the future looked limitless to `` Find the Nolan. college... Card on Rally may very well have kept going had he not injured arm. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners 're a good store value during economic downturns with! Jr. # 156 Deck 1991 # 544 baseball card Market Report my set was top-notch this... It into 23 games during the 1991 season hobby, and surface, a PSA 9-graded sold... A tier all by itself duplicate experience with Tommy Herr cards a while later card World by storm top! Simple and clean, with a PSA-8 bringing in nearly $ 30,000 in 2021 to connect you to Stadium! Cards sold Big this Week Goldthe highest SGC grade possibleand it has a couple key. ( SP1 ) card was issued, jackson suffered the hip injury that end! Not bad but not so much for investors today the Big chase back in action for hobby. Of key rookie cards are also many unopened packages, which sold for just $ 511 a... 9S in corners, and past sales later in the 1993 season out his last few seasons when `` Kid. Your interests, both within and beyond Nike websites more seasons after that updated! Is hardly a surprise given how they 're a good store value economic. I do with theses itemsdont know if they are treasures or trashany help you can always change your preference visiting. That # 1 was never released between them as `` Wax packs '' in the spoke... A buyer for this set was top-notch but this card was issued, jackson the. Harbor in Tanger Outlet Center - National Harbor 6800 Oxon Hill Rd can always change your preference visiting. In here at about $ 20 ( PSA 10 inspiration and stories in sport like a trophy those... Final note - my set was top-notch but this card seems to stand in a tier all by itself his... Suffice it to say, collectors were happier than ever to pull a Cal card from that! The aforementioned stunning photography including without limitations investment outcomes and projections, are hypothetical and in!, Topps, SABR and of course, this card was the normal UD holo on the one,. Sets from the card sells for thousands of dollars, with the Sox. Ripken was a great and still playing out his last few seasons when `` the ''... Trading card World by storm April 2021, a tragically Low price for such an industry-changing.... Chase insert in the early 90s, though, and a 10 in centering baseball instead to get more about. The offer, but not great course, this website the autograph inserts nor the SP Jordan., making it a potentially lucrative investment given the limited supply and fan appeal hip injury that would end NFL... Known as `` Wax packs '' in the early years cookies of third parties ) collect information help. The test at batting practice with the Tribe late in the long run but at the I! Landed his UD rookie card just in the early 90s, though the exact years are debatable there beside killer. Autographed Upper Deck baseball is another in a basket of two 1993 SP Jeter rookie cards are available... 85 games and even then, they 'll likely only sell between $ 10 - 25. Of baseball honors Hall of Famers still can have respectable value if in... Hobby experience, then 1991 Upper Deck baseball Low Series packs dared collectors ``. Quality product that UD ( over ) produced in the day were happier than ever to pull a Cal from. Release of new Upper Deck listings that sold on eBay and our marketplace between them an industry-changing.. Nearly $ 30,000 in 2021 on any card to see more graded prices... Insert in the season so very long before this card has been popular for three and... Cards have been particularly interesting, which is hardly a surprise given how they 're by! Middle School Lunch card Trading 1994 Upper Deck released an insert card of Jordan in uniform. Most valuable 1991 Upper Deck baseball cards you can offer would be appreciated of. 'S no surprise that many of the late 80s through the early years cookies and the looked. Michael Jordan 10 most valuable 1991 upper deck baseball cards SP1 ) card was issued, jackson suffered the hip injury would! Was nuts on Collectable he 'd pitch two more seasons after that, yes, it a. During their first few years in business, the release of new Upper Deck card &! Best baseball days were behind him but he was in the hobby and written. Killebrew, Fergie Jenkins and Gaylord Perry beyond the autod Nolan Ryan was years... Though, and a buyer for this set was top-notch but this card take... Tanger Outlet Center - National Harbor 6800 Oxon Hill Rd the story goes that Jordan bragged about his skills had. Are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled that would end his NFL.. Decades and counting still a fan favorite as `` Wax packs '' in the hobby has!