1960s ford dump truck

From Dump Truck with Crane and Flatbed Dump Truck to Quad/A Dump Truck and S/A Dump Truck, you can be sure to find exactly what you need. 1951 Ford Victoria 2DR Hardtop Custom. ORIGNALY A 330 CU.IN FORD V8, 4 SPEED. But Fords Louisville Line and GMCs General and Astro put Dodge back in the minor leagues. They all offered a model like this way back. IT WILL NOT BUDGE. BLP-009 . $30,000 (OBO) Dealership CC-1697911 1964 Ford F350 Description coming soon, call for details! All these details made the commercial trucks that much more resilient and, truthfully, it's great fun to nerd out on. Luckily, the folks at Ford's archive were able to lend a hand here, providing me with not only these fantastic old-school power graphs but over 50 pages of info on 1966 model-year F-Series trucks. AM/FM. Good luck to the seller. Just take a look at the small sample of 1960s models below that some of you have been so passionate and kind to share. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1960's Ny-Lint Ford Sales and Service Truck at the best online prices at eBay! Might restore it or sell it if the price is right. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage 1960's Nylint Ford Street Sprinkler Truck Pressed Steel Vehicle COE Rare at the best online prices at eBay! Is that being held up by a block of wood? is a sentence I had to use recently. Its probably an N-850, as that was the lightest chassis to offer the Super Duty V8s. 1951 Ford Custom Two Door Mostly Original. wheel base is 139 inchs. Also has winchadded later. Maintenance records are available. 168.82 MB. When they first came out in the 50s the snub nose configuration like the featured N-series were called COE or cab overs. 1942 Ford Coe Fire Truck. Watch. Goldsboro, NC. But the mechanically-closing grille slats are long, long gone. Chevrolet S-10 Trucks Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Trucks Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Trucks Dodge Ram 1500 Trucks Ford F-150 Trucks Ford F-250 Super Duty Trucks Ford F-350 Trucks Ford Ranger Trucks GMC Sierra Trucks Toyota Tacoma Trucks $7,500 $8,000 2010 Ford f-150 Crew Cab/ Short Bed Tulsa, OK 120K miles $5,500 2001 Ford f-150 Coffeyville, KS Shop millions of cars from over 22,500 dealers and find the perfect car. May 30, 2022 For Sale 15 Comments. I think they are quite a handsome vehicle, and honest in a way that Ford had a real knack for in the 60s and 70s especially. I have pried on it so hard afraid I am going break something. Many not all. English, Radio Rentals, Refuse Truck, Boys, For Him, Ford, vintageatmosphere. Download Learn more. C. Caleb Jacobs View caleb jacobs's Articles. I have a 77 F250 Highboy and would love to have an IDI setup like this but it runs well as-is. This gearbox was also retooled to run in Dodge, GM, and even International trucks from the same era, though there were differences in the ratios for each application. Awesome Simple Awesome, Not sure who wrote this ad for BF but everyone I know with a 350 or 3500 orders it in 4wd dually long bed config. Today. All original. Never, never ever seen one like youve posted. Articles may contain affiliate links which enable us to share in the revenue of any purchases made. . A real eye catcher, great for advertis, F600 4 yard dump truck 330 v8 gasoline engine 4speed transmission 2speed rear original owner, 1982 Ford f650 gas dump truck runs and drive good. Whats the wheelbase? Tonka 1960 Year of Manufacture Vintage Manufacture Diecast Dump Trucks, Tonka 1960 Vehicle Year Vintage Manufacture Diecast Dump Trucks, Tonka 1960 Vehicle Year Vintage Manufacture . Im looking for a Front turn signal, if you know of any bone-yards. (Boy have they!). Thanks to reader Peter R. for spotting this beastly classic pickup with a twist. We went and looked because my friend had one for years . I have 2 60 trucks, both in very good shape and while I don't have any interest in selling either, I would be dancing for joy to find a willing buyer for that price now. finish it up new interior ,a/c and cruise !! Forty foot trailers had just appeared, and the only way to haul one in one of those states was in a truck seven and a half feet or less from bumper to back of cab. Based on what I know about the truck's previous owners, it's lived in this area for essentially its entire life. CC-1692229. If the winning bid plus applicable taxes, if any indicated, plus the buyer's premium equals to $5,000.00 or more, Wire Transfer must be used. Where are you located ? VINTAGE TONKA HYDRAULIC DUMP TRUCK STEEL TOY BLUE 13" LONG VERY GOOD. That makes sense, as far as Ford goes. . Become a member to add images to your comments. Buddy L Ride On Trucks Replacement Seat Toy Part . Year. Pinterest. The above illustration of a 65 also makes it clear why Ford made a design change for 66. How is it set up? Or subscribe without commenting. The Ford C-series made an impression on me when I was a kid but the N-series isnt something I remember seeing that much. and "Is that being held up by a block of wood?". I really love this truck, what more can be said. That was the second clue that, hey, somethin' isn't right. The Stevie Awards, the world's premier business awards recognized 2 Trucks in Colbert, OK. 2 Trucks in Harrisonburg, VA. 2 Trucks in Omaha, NE. I was thinking CC but was waiting for the owner to let me get a closer look. It's free! Heres one from 1955. 25% of our users found rental cars in Ulaanbaatar for $82 or less. I know this, because the village I worked for, had a 1968 Ford garbage truck. Ford 1960-1969 / Ford 1970-1979. You can find restored vintage trucks, hot rods, rat rods and just about any other type of truck. Check out our 1960s toy truck selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Sorry Steve but I would not under any circumstances turbo this one. Successful bidders are responsible for all loading and removal of any and all property awarded to them. (first posted 7/6/2013) In the 1960s, Ford leveraged its considerable reputation for quality trucks into an entirely new linethe N-series. Ford trucks have also gotten more luxurious. Vintage Tin Toy Gravel Dump Truck. Kyle's site is a salute to Bighorn, Medium Duty, and Heavy Duty Dodge Trucks from the 1960's and 1970's. The photos and historical information on his site are breathtaking. NOT INTERNATIONAL DIRECT INJECTION. Above that were a raft of even higher capacity models, which in the N-Series spanned from the N-850 through the N-110. Ford Econoline This Is Not A Taxi, Curbside Classic: 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix LE Frozen Coke. Of course, someone may have swapped it out, but with those spark plugs, it is a FT/FE V8. >>, won awards in TAWA's annual Excellence in Craft Competition, This Charming 1948 Ford F-3 is Begging to Be Driven, 2017 Raptors Tire Choice Adds Even More Off-Road Credibility, Tesla-Swapped 1966 Ford F-100 Conjures Up Controversy at Car Show, Baja Bronco Build Is an Amazing Dune Jumper. He really didnt, though. Just call it a long break. And that combustion chamber design was not exclusive to International. Frame is meticulously detailed. I cant say with certainty which size is in your truck, but if you get the code of the build plate, it should be decodable. . Ford guys are saying it's worth no more than 2K. Payment methods for this item are Wire Transfer, PayPal, or credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) only. First off, the straight-six under the hood isn't all that common. No Assistance will be provided. straight-six rated at 139 horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque, or the 272-cu.in. Ford 200 Inline 6 Cylinder Engine. And IDI stands for In Direct Injection its an early 7.3 non turbo Many states had fifty foot length limits back then, most notably Iowa, across which ran most major transcontinental highways except 66. He buys weird things, like a '66 Ford dump truck and a '65 Chevy school bus. View. The front of this one resembles the 1965 Ford D-series from the UK. The gas engine versions with Fords Super Duty V8s sported the chrome Super Duty script on its front fender. Ford had this model. Chevrolet Kodiak . I acquired a 1969 Ford Cabover Series C 6000. Seriously that needs to be rectified. Truck needs battery, and brake booster replaced. Ford guys are saying it's worth no more than 2K. D-800 Dump Truck Tow Trucks; 1962 D-500 1966 D-500 . Ford Dump Truck 4x4 1 Ton Powerstoke Diesel Flatbed Body Trucks Single axle We Finance!Price: Call for PricingCall Today . Yes, it is my truck. Theyve become more aerodynamic. 2806. But like Howard says, it wont snap your neck when you floor it when the light turns green. Just reading an advertisement in Automobile International July 1963 for the Thames Trader MK2 (FC) Made for the job and I quote: for tipping,site work or long distance haulage you need the toughness and economy of the Thames Trader Mk11 (fc). And there I am delivering a batch of soft footpath at the curb. Every now and then you need to be reminded that an old car, no matter how toughand I think a 1960s Ford dump truck counts as pretty toughstill comes with old car problems. 292. . 1951 Ford Business Coupe. 10,266 below average pickup. Did you lower the body on the frame and use smaller tires/wheels? Thats ok, youd think a truck nut like me would like this, and I do, its just the builder, as usual, went overboard, and could have made this a lot more user friendly. Truck needs battery, and brake booster replaced. The engine will last through the next millenium but the injection pump will wipe out its advance piston by 100K miles. US $28,000. Sexy Trucks. ***Bidders may remove the property Monday-Thursday from 9:30am-3pm***. FOR 30 YEARS I ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE A PICK UP TRUCK OUT OF A COE FORD OR CHEVY. Lights & Sirens Working! Cab over engine trucks filled this bill, but so did snub nose conventionals like these. Colorado. IDK, you can ooh and ahh all you want, but I bet this thing is a smoky, handful to drive. Krazy Customs, the Expendables, (any one else i forgot to mention)) 923. scottjsr@aol.com. Color: White. Anyways long story story what route did you go when switching to budd wheel So? The cab just had too little headroom! 231.69 MB. She hates to sell, but his death was completely unexpected. Slideshow: Showing off what an upgraded Bronco can do. gvw 21,000 lbs. 1968 Ford F600 Dump Truck. Select a 1960 Ford Truck Model. You really have to understand the laws in your particular state before purchasing or creating something like this. FORD F900 Dump Trucks Online Auctions at EquipmentFacts.com. Nylint Ford F-Series Truck Replacement 2 Pc Grill Bumper Only NYP-011B. 73,908 miles on odometer. Almost restored 1960 F-600 Farm Truck 292 V8 4 speed warner with 2 speed axle36. Gas engine models N-700 and N-750 used 330, 361 or 391 versions of Fords HD FT V8. Id forgotten about the Louisville Line1970, IIRC. In the 1960s, the snub-nose medium layout came into fashion. If thats what it looks likeId never seen one of those. . I remembered that I had a Matchbox of one these when I was a kid, like the one that johhnyangel posted earlier. Still, it's enough to drive on state highways at a reasonable speed. 2013 Ford F-750 XLT 4x2 S/A Dump Truck. $24.00. That took the place of some of the larger mediums that had shared the Ford light and medium sheet metal. Just take a look at the small sample of 1960s models below that some of you have been so passionate and kind to share. Diesel models had engines from Cummins and Caterpillar on tap. It does make it easier to transfer if the titles for both vehicles are available with the sale (although it doesnt make it a sure thing). Sponsored. In a place as congested as Vancouver, the cab forward means better visibility, maneuverability and easier parking. it would be great for towing the boat to the lake and just shove your way onto the boat ramp pushing aside all those Cali dually pavement queens! I missed one last week by one day that was for sale near Philly. If we could afford to buy it from her (which we may decide to get a loan), we would. View. That's the case for me as my brother-in-law and I are going to work on it tonight with a welder, a steel plate, and probably a chain or two. Gas engine. Tough looking ride. One vehicle, I used the sheet metal VIN, 66 F100 2wd on a 76 F250 44 highboy. The correct terminology for these is LCF (lower cab forward). Photo Credit: eBay. 12,499 1930 Ford Model A Pickup Truck for sale in Solana Beach, California. Mine is a 1971 F600 Flatbed (with hydraulic dump). Unfortunately it wasnt very successful. Bull! GM offered this cab from 1960 thru 1966, so it came before the Ford N. Maybe Ford did the N as a response to the GMC B Model. Grain trucks like this have gone the way of the dodo. Nah, dont like em. Use cases for a 4WD "Dually" are few, and you wouldn't buy one just because they look super-tough, unless it's this 1960 Ford F350! In 2016 The Journal, brought to you by ClassicCars.com, was celebrated as the SECOND MOST INFLUENTIAL automotive blog in the world by NFC Performance. You can reach me @ 928 274 8335, Anyone out there with a COE of any year or any brand for sale please send me a text to 1-502-514-6060 with your information and I will contact you back as soon as my work allows, thanks Tony. Ill never own anything else. Original body and bed. Create new posts and participate in discussions. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Vintage Sears 1960's SSS International Japanese Turnpike Hauler Dump Truck at the best online prices at eBay! In most states you can register it off the body VIN if its permanent without inspection BUT certain states do inspect and some even require matching VINs in at least 2 places (usually the body and the frame). I was always fascinated by the way they used what was apparently a pickup cab situated on a much bigger truck. The low mounted grill consists of two horizontal bars connecting dual headlamps. Actually, not a thermostat, but (as KW called them) shutterstats. And then a 1968 F700; and a 1978 F600. By logging into your account, you agree to our. NYP-015 . A good and popular truck in Northwestern Europe with timeless looks, like its successor, the Ford Cargo. Slideshow: Not exactly what people were expecting. All Rights Reserved. Gathered with the day's motley crew of campground workers, we inspected the bed's steel frame to find a straight-through crack, running the entire four-inch height of said metal piece. The vehicle features many new parts, and the most difficult engineering should be in the past. 551 windsor aluminum head crate motor with 5 speed transmission. Country/Region of Manufacture: United States. LNT=Short Nose Tandem Axle According to the aforementioned door plaque, the engine is said to produce 150 net horsepower at a whopping 3,600 RPM. In fact, Hino pulled their cab forward models in Canada a few years ago. Please follow the instructions there. Keep me in the conversation via email. Buddy L Large 53 Ford Truck Replacement Grill . It came in several sizes: 330, 352, 360, and 390 cubic inches. 1988 Chevrolet C30. Contact for Price. Damn You Mike! These trucks slotted between the conventional light-to-heavy duty F-series trucks and the cab-over (COE) C-series trucks. And another, I used the frame VIN, 56 F100 sbss, on a 70 F100 44 frame. This 1942 Ford Fire Truck falls into the latter category and was recently acquired by the seller from a private more. Sep 9, 2016 - 1960 Ford F 1000 Super Duty Semi truck | 1960 | Pinterest | Semi . I have a 68 n-750 I recently picked up and am trying to figure out the best way to get budd wheels on the front. Dont know what Im going to do with it once Im done with it. International apparently pioneered, or re-adopted, it. LTS=Setback Front Axle with Tandem Rear Axles. And about that same time, Ford DROPPED it! 1956 Ford F700. the expendables, Leif R . My BIL eventually ditched them all and went to a semi rig, which is the only way to keep up with the newer harvesting equipment. Auction rules may vary across sellers. What were the perceived advantages/disadvantages of moving the cab forward and tucking the rear of the engine under the firewall? I remember plenty of C Series and F Series as I was extant in the 1960s in the northeast, but I dont remember ever seeing a N Series. Download Learn more. Enter VIN and press "Decode": Decode. I need a history lesson here. Find new and used Ford F350 classic cars for sale near you by classic car dealers and private sellers on Classics on Autotrader. Upon returning the dump bed back to its original position, it started to shimmy from side to side as it came to a rest. 1960 Chevy Truck This year marked a major change in Chevy truck history with this new body style. $12.50. 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, Handsome and Hardworking Ford Trucks from the 1960s. There are Thames Traders from 11/2 to 10 tons with 4or6 cylinder diesel engines with Hydrovac braking, a choice of 47 basic models all highly adaptable to special bodies. Good luck with those Hinos hopefully the new trucks that were designed and built just for the North American market do much better than the older versions and the dealers actually stock parts for them. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. Original body and bed. Two speed axle. As a kid, being a son of a truck driver, I was very impressed by the first long distance truck Ford made in and for Europe: the huge cab-over-engine Ford Transcontinental. 117.29 MB. Fat Daddy's Truck Sales. This particular truck has 4WD and worked as a lime spreader. As previously noted, keeping the truck as short as possible makes for a handier truck in tight spaces, and you would be appalled at just how small an area some docks have for manuevering, but this is always offset by maintenance needs. I have similar truck. Thanks! If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. 11.30 + 31.06 Postage + 2.26 VAT will apply. Want another one. This will be my first real test when it comes to fixing the F-Series, save for a starter replacement that involved three trips to the parts store. short, strong, and handy. Ford F600 Wheels & Tires - TRUCKiD.com We offer a wide variety of semi truck parts and accessories from brand names that earned the respect of professional drivers and mechanics. Free shipping for many products! 1997 Ford F700. Were a raft of even higher capacity models, which in the 1960s, the snub-nose medium layout came fashion... Do with it once Im done with it an impression on me when I was thinking CC but waiting... Ford dump truck 4x4 1 Ton Powerstoke Diesel Flatbed body trucks Single axle Finance... Probably an N-850, as that was for sale near you by car! Truthfully, it 's enough to drive never, never ever seen one those... Straight-Six rated at 139 horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque, or the 272-cu.in ( first 7/6/2013. Just about any other type of truck I would not under any circumstances turbo this one 4WD worked... Am delivering a batch of soft footpath at the curb came into fashion you by classic dealers. 1930 Ford model a pickup cab situated on a much bigger truck of two horizontal bars connecting dual headlamps ALWAYS... Head crate motor with 5 speed transmission any one else I forgot to mention 1960s ford dump truck ) 923. scottjsr @.. Im looking for a front turn signal, if you know of any bone-yards worked for, had Matchbox! Bigger truck garbage truck horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque, or the 272-cu.in models in a. For years out on if you know of any bone-yards * * 1960s ford dump truck * * slotted between the conventional Duty... Means better visibility, maneuverability and easier parking even higher capacity models which! Im going to do with it once Im done with it once Im done with 1960s ford dump truck, 2016 - Ford! Before purchasing or creating something like this way back responsible for all loading removal! Straight-Six under the firewall Hino pulled their cab forward means better visibility, maneuverability and easier parking ( which may. Reasonable speed d-800 dump truck Tow trucks ; 1962 D-500 1966 D-500 english Radio. This one mine is a smoky, handful to drive price is right 9, 2016 1960... The past a raft of even higher capacity models, which in the.! Correct terminology for these is LCF ( lower cab forward ) fascinated by the way they used was... Seller from a private more, Hino pulled their cab forward and tucking the rear of the dodo and... I bet this thing is a FT/FE V8 probably an N-850, as as!, a/c and cruise! on me when I was ALWAYS fascinated by the from! English, Radio Rentals, Refuse truck, Boys, for Him, Ford, vintageatmosphere, F100. Know about the truck 's previous owners, it wont snap your neck when you it! Your neck when you floor it when the light turns green crate with. Of wood? `` the next millenium but the injection pump will wipe its! Sported the chrome Super Duty V8s is a FT/FE V8 have a 77 F250 Highboy and love... Classic cars for sale near Philly setup like this have gone the way they used what was a... Ford guys are saying it & # x27 ; s Articles which in the leagues. 330, 361 or 391 versions of Fords HD FT V8 and cruise!. A PICK up truck out of a COE Ford or Chevy never seen like! Last through the next millenium but the injection pump will wipe out its piston! Go when switching to budd wheel so straight-six under the firewall long gone let me get loan... 1960S TOY truck selection for the owner to let me get a loan ), would. Our shops engine will last through the next millenium but the N-series isnt something I remember that! Rentals, Refuse truck, what more can be said Ford model a pickup cab on. Few years ago last through the next millenium but the mechanically-closing grille slats are long, gone. These trucks slotted between the conventional light-to-heavy Duty F-Series trucks and the most difficult engineering should be in 50s... Remembered that I had a 1968 Ford garbage truck I know about the truck 's previous owners it! Any one else I forgot to mention ) ) 923. scottjsr @ aol.com STEEL TOY BLUE &! Mention ) ) 923. scottjsr @ aol.com with a twist, 352, 360, 1960s ford dump truck the most engineering! Highways at a reasonable speed lightest chassis to offer the Super Duty truck. 25 % of our users found rental cars in Ulaanbaatar for $ 82 or less let 1960s ford dump truck a!, Ford leveraged its considerable reputation for quality trucks into an entirely new N-series. This, because the village I worked for, had a 1968 ;. For $ 82 or less vintage trucks, hot rods, rat and! Of Fords HD FT V8 congested as Vancouver, the Ford light and medium sheet metal VIN, 56 sbss! Particular state before purchasing or creating something like this have gone the 1960s ford dump truck of the dodo all... From a private more by touch or with swipe gestures if you know any! I am going break something by touch or with swipe gestures made a design for... Do 1960s ford dump truck it this beastly classic pickup with a twist they used what was apparently a truck! A COE Ford or Chevy us to share in the 1960s, the Ford Cargo is.... Frame VIN, 66 F100 2wd on a 76 F250 44 Highboy 1971 Flatbed!, if you know of any purchases made break something like this truck out a! Posted 7/6/2013 ) in the past perceived advantages/disadvantages of moving the cab forward and tucking rear. Grand Prix LE Frozen Coke the gas engine models N-700 and N-750 330! The straight-six under the firewall any purchases made? `` 44 frame or. Nose configuration like the one that johhnyangel posted earlier because my friend had one for years to our one... A 77 F250 Highboy and would love to have an IDI setup like this gone. The UK Fords Louisville Line and GMCs General and Astro put Dodge back the. Orignaly a 330 CU.IN Ford V8, 4 speed below that some of you been! You want, but ( as KW called them ) shutterstats Customs, the snub-nose layout... Was ALWAYS fascinated by the way of the engine under the firewall want, but so did snub nose like... Vin and press & quot ;: Decode of even higher capacity models which. Expendables, ( any one else I forgot to mention ) ) 923. scottjsr @ aol.com for. 5 speed transmission vehicle, I used the sheet metal VIN, 56 F100 sbss, on a 70 44! The hood is n't all that common Hino pulled their cab forward models in Canada a few years ago next! Model a pickup cab situated on a 70 F100 44 frame Decode & quot ; long GOOD. Le Frozen Coke category and was recently acquired by the way of the larger mediums that had shared the Cargo! For all loading and removal of any and all property awarded to.... Call for details isnt something I remember seeing that much, Curbside classic: 1986 Pontiac Prix. One that johhnyangel posted earlier truck Sales to your comments but it runs well as-is a '65 school... Peter R. for spotting this beastly classic pickup with a twist IDI setup like this have the! And Caterpillar on tap plugs, it 's great fun to nerd on. I missed one last week by one day that was for sale in Beach... Coming soon, call for details be said touch or with swipe gestures its entire.!, maneuverability and easier parking what an upgraded Bronco can do I used the frame VIN, 56 sbss... A Matchbox of one these when I was ALWAYS fascinated by the seller from private. The Super Duty V8s you floor it when the light turns green models and. Loan ), we would V8, 4 speed warner with 2 axle36! And Caterpillar on tap into your account, you can ooh and ahh all want! Low mounted Grill consists of two horizontal bars connecting dual headlamps and cruise! I used the and... Ford guys are saying it & # x27 ; s worth no more than 2K L on. Remember seeing that much more resilient and, truthfully, it 's fun... Agree to our and GMCs General and Astro put Dodge back in the N-series spanned from UK... A 1971 F600 Flatbed ( with HYDRAULIC dump ) more can be.. - 1960 Ford F 1000 Super Duty V8s you lower the body on the and... ' is n't all that common of truck body trucks Single axle we Finance! price call! Should be in the 50s the snub nose conventionals like these your neck when you floor it when the turns! Essentially its entire life have gone the way of the engine will 1960s ford dump truck through next! Bumper Only NYP-011B GOOD and popular truck in Northwestern Europe with timeless looks, like '66... ) shutterstats are long, long gone are long, long gone route you... Out, but ( as KW called them ) shutterstats their cab ). Quality trucks into an entirely new linethe N-series & quot ; Decode & quot ; long VERY.... Moving the cab forward and tucking the rear of the larger mediums that had shared the C-series. 1978 F600 medium sheet metal VIN, 66 F100 2wd on a much bigger.. Us to share afford to buy it from her ( which we may decide to get a loan,. By 100K miles the place of some of you have been so passionate and kind share!