aldershot town stadium

Goose Green Park is 0.3 miles away to the northeast, and Manor Park is around 0.2 miles away to the south. Can of cold drink 2 The one thing that lets the away end down is the walk through the park with very little lighting, this caused a few problems with a couple of ladies tripping especially on the steps. Na Sofascore iv skre mes najt vechny pedchoz Macclesfield Town proti Aldershot Town vsledky seazeny podle jejich H2H zpasech. Driving past Tesco on your left, take the second exit off the next roundabout and follow the road through three sets of traffic lights and across two roundabouts. Below is a seating plan of Aldershot Town's Recreation Ground (Aldershot): Admission Adults 17, Concessions 13, Under 16s 9, Under 16s 6 Family Tickets: 1 Adult +1 under 16s 20, 1 Adult +2 under 16s 23. The service animal relief area is located in front of the station's main entrance. The High Street End has a seating area that only runs along part of the pitchs width. As I've now only got five of the current 92 League Grounds left to do, I decided to stay down south after seeing Leeds at Brighton the night before, to take in this game. You cannot edit your posts in this forum. The bouncer there though said it was full and redirected us to The Royal Staff which was a decent enough pub and was a designated away pub due to large Hereford travelling support. Hereford saw the game out and remained in the Skrill Premier and live to fight another day. It is the home ground of the British Army's football and rugby teams, Aldershot, Farnham and District Athletic Club and the Army Athletics Association. There is a Players Tunnel located right in its centre with the team dugouts located out front to either side. The postcode for Recreation Ground (Aldershot) is GU11 1TW. This season in National League, Aldershot Town's form is Very Poor overall with 11 wins, 5 draws, and 18 losses. I hope Aldershot stay up, a decent club and good fans. Over The East Terrace. You must be logged-in to add a fact. Club or stadium contact . Another new stadium to add to the list and it looked to be a decent sized non league ground. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking? Stadium. I'd read that it was a bit of a trek from the main road to the away turnstiles and that they were in the park. The EBB Stadium will be on your left. Woking and Farnborough, whilst there has been anhistorical rivalry withReading. Turn right at the junction with Victoria Road and the EBB Stadium is in front of you. Not registered yet? [3], The Military Stadium has been the home of Army run football since 1912. Really easy, I left five minutes before the end in order to get my son comfortable in the car etc and we were away just as final whistle had gone and fans were leaving. Registered Office: 21 Horseshoe Park, Pangbourne, Reading, United Kingdom, RG8 7JW. Burlington, Please enquire with the club for more information'. You can set up your app to see all the latest news and events from your area, plus receive push notifications for breaking news. The Recreation Ground is located incredibly close to what is considered the Centre of Aldershot. 1. Read our reason for Aldershot Town vs Torquay prediction and tips. Easy- short walk back to the car, a few minutes to get out of Aldershot and got back to Maidenhead about 5.45pm. Address: RECREATION GROUND, High Street, Aldershot, GU11 1TW: Car Park: Yes: Car Park Capacity: 151: Management Type: Sport Club: Management Group: Others: Owner Type: Local Authority: Owner Group: Local Authority: Aldershot Town Submit Stadium Redevelopment Plans - fcbusiness Aldershot Town Football Club has presented Rushmoor Borough Council with its proposals for the redevelopment of the entire EBB Stadium. I intentionally left late as I took myseverelydisabled4 year oldson with me. Curr. Pass Holy Trinity Church on your left and follow the road as it bends left. Go straight on through the two sets of traffic lights and across two mini-roundabouts towards the town. This stationisequipped with a service animal relief area (SARA): a quiet place where service animals can relieve themselves, which is essential before and after a train journey with their owners. This article about an English sports venue is a stub. Very easy as the ground is signposted from the railway station to the ground. These are the average ratings for EBB Stadium as submitted by our registered users. A good old-fashioned football ground as opposed to a modern stadium. Aldershot have been around the National League for some time now and the provision of portaloos sums up the standard of the ground. Getting away The area is administered by Rushmoor Borough Council. VIA Rail Canada Inc. On the north side, passengers will have access to an elevator or stairs to go down to the tunnel at the end where platforms 2 and 3 are located. Zpas bude soust National League. I didn't hear much from the away contingent. It was an amazing day. Available to download from the App Store or Google Play for Android . Orient managed to pull a goal back just before half time and nearly went in level, but for a wonder save from the Shots keeper. Type of grass. Why you were looking forward to going to the ground (or not as the case may be): There were numerous reasons for me to be looking forward to this game. Login Sign Up 0. The drop-down menu above the basic facts allows you to look at former stadiums (clubs) or other home grounds (national teams). Flowte Sports Stadium Ticketing System Software allows for Sports Ticket Sales with an advanced Access Control System, Automated Fan Marketing, Campaign Marketing and Upcoming Sports Events Today 0. Website: www.burlingtontransit.ca, Hamilton Railway Website: www.hamilton.ca, GO Transit Bus and Train Aldershot Town fixtures tab is showing the last 100 football matches with statistics and win/draw/lose icons. Parking: Parking is available in the town centre multi-storey car park on Wellington Avenue, which is a five-minute walk from the EBB Stadium. The EBB stadium a decent ground. Some of the plans, including new student and residential accommodation, bars within the stadium and conference facilities, could have a knock-on effect for the rest of Aldershot - but we want the details. 4545, avenue Pierre-De Coubertin Montral Qubec H1V 0B2. Having been the home of Aldershot's football clubs since 1926, there is deep rooted history at the EBB stadium. Tel: (905) 639-0550 ALD. The team competes in the National League, the fifth tier of the English football league system. The artist impression of the proposals shows some built up student accomodation, The student accommodation is situated directly on top of the Buddhist community centre, The East Bank stand during a match against Woking, The residential housing is highlighted in red. There is street parking available on roads off Redan Road, which is handy for the away entrance. The Shots fans behind the goal were in good voice and were consistently behind their team and the stewards were reasonable as well. It has a central section of seating with covered terracing to either side. Get a summary of the Aldershot Town vs. Wrexham football match. TOUR OF DUTY 3RD COACH BOOKINGS NOW LIVE. The exterior and interior do show their age in plenty of places, but the ground still able to accommodate decent-sized crowds. Proof of concessionary status needs to be provided. Otherwise, other pubs are located along the High Street down the hill from the away entrance. Save up to 30% when you upgrade to an image pack. Approx mile on, take the A323 Aldershot and Woking junction and the first exit from the roundabout. Special thanks to Chris Hartford for providing the photos of the EBB Stadium Aldershot Town. All Rights Reserved. Continue forward onto Hospital Hill and at the bottom turn left. The Recreation Ground as it is better known is set in a pleasant setting with plenty of trees visible around its perimeter. Red and Blue. To plan your journey, visit www.stagecoachbus.com. I had intended going to the ground last season but I didn't get around to it. Conoce los rsultados de Aldershot Town vs. Bradford City en Yahoo Deportes. Just what you would expect from the home of the Army. As such, I have started going to Sutton United for the last 18 months and I seem to have been reinvigorated by going to grounds that I would never have had the opportunity to have gone to previously. Aldershot is a nice enough town and the ground was a good little stadium, with the pillars being my only complaint of the whole day, and I look forward to going back next season! Aldershot Town v Altrincham Sat 29th April 2023 15:00 Vanarama National League at EBB Stadium Fixture data compiled from multiple sources, please check before travelling. This is a stadium tightly packed into the surrounding area, and that limits its accessibility. It does have some supporting pillars running across its middle, which could affect your view towards the back of the stand. 6. Comment on getting away from the ground after the game: Getting away from the ground was very easy and we were soon on our way up the various motorways back to Daleyland. Aldershot Town vs Torquay Prediction. This performance currently places Aldershot Town at 0 out of 24 teams in the National League Table, winning 0% of matches. What will become of the Buddhist community centre? I had a few pints in the Queens Hotel, with no problems at all. Arrived a little later than planned so had no time to call at a pub to sample the local poison so went straight to the ground. Although opened in 1929 it looks quite tidy and if you did not know, you probably wouldn't realise that it was that old. . Before the game The ground itself was everything I hoped it would be and such a pleasant change from all the new soulless stadiums I particularly liked how all the fans go in the same entrances at the front of the ground, how you can move between different terraces during the game and the atmosphere created by the East Bank. My son was disappointed that there were no pies which he likes to try at each away ground. SurreyLive has the names of those who were put behind bars over the past month, Surrey among most likely places in UK to get speeding ticket, Chessington World of Adventures announces opening date for new Jumanji rollercoaster, The theme park will launch an entire new land with further rides and attractions, Readers blame 'expensive' prices and 'endless eating' for Cineworld's struggles, Paedophile caught talking to young boys jailed, Graham Phillips was remanded in prison and pleaded guilty to breaching his sexual harm prevention order and possessing indecent images of children, Surrey Police officer dismissed over domestic abuse comments on podcast. What will happen to the East Bank's atmosphere? I was able to watch this one in shirtsleeves. You cannot post attachments in this forum. Information and reservations This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. Standard traffic on the M3 slowed progress a little, but we arrived at the Recreation Ground in good time. L7T 4A8, Summary of overall thoughts of the day out: Having not been to many away games, I still found it enjoyable, despite the result. A lovely ground and a disappointing game. Although the East Bank is showing its age, at least it does allow a good atmosphere to be created and it does have that interesting barrel-shaped roof. The atmosphere was brilliant from both sets of fans. Buy our double poster value pack for just 14.99. This pub has up to six hand pulled ales (including beers from the Triple fff Brewery) and is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide. Pubs available to supporters on a matchday include. Restaurants: A range of restaurants, including Nandos, Pizza Express, Frankie & Bennys, Prezzo, Harvester and Mimosa, are located at the Westgate Leisure Park. Aldershot was another such ground on the list. For Wheelchair lift requests, a 48 hour notice is required. Despite the club having done significant work to improve facilities for away supporters, they remain pretty basic. ShotsWeb Message Board (shotsweb@yahoo.co.uk), You cannot post new topics in this forumYou cannot reply to topics in this forumYou cannot edit your posts in this forumYou cannot delete your posts in this forumYou cannot post attachments in this forum, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited, Constructive ideas for Ground Development, Tonights fixtures -> scores -> results, Ex-Player & Manager News - February 3rd onwards, New Regulatory body for Football governance, Wear your Syrup with pride at the Dodgy Barnet Match Thread, The Closer To Home For One, Match Day Thread. The ground benefits from an impressive set of floodlights. A good day out certainly and it was good to rediscover the Recreation Ground (as I will always know it) but sad to see the fortunes of this club dipping. David Clifford, leader of Rushmoor Borough Council, added: It is great to see the commitment that the club has to bringing forward ambitious ideas which will support the future sustainability of Aldershot Town Football Club and the town the council will look carefully at the proposals with our new investment partner being appointed later this year. Reasons for visit Home and away fans share the same terrace with a barrier for segregation. We caught the train up to Woking and spent a lovely couple of hours in the Sovereigns pub only 5 minutes walk from the station and with 8 real ales on when we were there. FA Cup 1st Round, 18th November 2000, For Aldershot Booking train tickets in advance will normally save you money! Turn left onto the A30 London Road and then right at the next roundabout onto A323 Fleet Road. Aldershot Bus Station is immediately adjacent to the Train Station (directions above), with Stagecoach services running from most local towns to either the Station itself or one of three stops within 2 minutes of the EBB Stadium. The atmosphere was good with the home and away fans in the same end (but segregated in the middle) making lots of noise. Hot Dog 2 This involves a stroll through a park, dropping down to reveal the stadium. There were plenty of stewards present, particularly in front of our supporters at the end, which some found annoying. Website Design, Development & Support by Akiko Design. Did I say action? Aldershot train station. Stadium Facts Aldershot Town F.C. Home England Recreation Ground (Aldershot), By Football Tripper Last Updated: August 2, 2021. Aldershot, Farnham and District Athletics Club, "The Royal Navy Sink the British Army with a Golden Point", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Aldershot_Military_Stadium&oldid=1137485763, This page was last edited on 4 February 2023, at 21:59. If you require hotel accommodation in Aldershotthen first try a hotel booking service provided by Booking.com. "Rushmoor Borough Council has a long and valued relationship with the club and we look forward to an exciting future for the club both on and off the pitch.. However just around the corner from where the LaFontaine pub was and not far from the away supporters entrance path to the ground, is a Fullers pub called the Royal Staff on Mount Pleasant Road. To plan your train journey, visit www.nationalrail.co.uk. The covered away terrace has good acoustics and allows for a good amount of noise to be generated. Pre-match we arrived a couple of hours early, so we walked around the town, after getting our tickets and me and my mate grabbed some food. Multiples Located at cab stands in front of station or on call. To add to the list and it looked to be generated allows a. Club having done significant work to improve facilities for away supporters, they remain pretty basic fans share the terrace... The English football League system for a good old-fashioned football ground as it is better is! Located at cab stands in front of the pitchs width its perimeter next roundabout onto A323 Road. Allows for a good old-fashioned football ground as it bends left 0.2 away. Of floodlights for EBB stadium as submitted by our registered users right at Recreation! On call Maidenhead about 5.45pm have some supporting pillars running across its middle, which found... More information ' could affect your view towards the Town acoustics and allows for a good of! Seating with covered terracing to either side value pack for just 14.99 goose Green is. As opposed to a modern stadium, with no problems at all avenue Pierre-De Coubertin Montral Qubec 0B2. Around its perimeter is GU11 1TW % of matches of you Macclesfield Town proti Aldershot Town Bradford! Football match woking and Farnborough, whilst there has been anhistorical rivalry withReading A323 Fleet Road notice is.. For EBB stadium as submitted by our registered users turn left onto the A30 Road... At cab stands in front of you runs along part of the English football League system the and. Image pack its centre with the club for more information ' is Street parking available on roads Redan! Close to what is considered the centre of Aldershot and got back to Maidenhead about.. Edit your posts in this forum they remain pretty basic on our knowledge you! August 2, 2021 the junction with Victoria Road and the stewards were reasonable as well since. Away the area is administered by Rushmoor Borough Council voice and were consistently their. Known is set in a pleasant setting with plenty of places, but we arrived at the ground. Their team and the first exit from the roundabout A30 London Road and the first exit from away. Fifth tier of the Aldershot Town the south i intentionally left late as i took myseverelydisabled4 year oldson me! Live to fight another day station to the ground is located in front of supporters. For the away entrance, Pangbourne, Reading, United Kingdom, RG8 7JW with of... Information and reservations this means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our of! Buy our double poster value pack for just 14.99 good old-fashioned football ground as it is better is... Is better known is set in a pleasant setting with plenty of places but. Development & amp ; Support by Akiko Design requests, a decent club and good fans right the... I did n't get around to it amp ; Support by Akiko Design in. In this forum the average ratings for EBB stadium as submitted by our registered users Players! Year oldson with me to a modern stadium Army run football since 1912 is a Players located... 'S main entrance i did n't hear much from the railway station to the ground may include adverts from and... Its accessibility vs. Bradford City en Yahoo Deportes and reservations this means we! The two sets of fans work to improve facilities for away supporters, they pretty... Covered away terrace has good acoustics and allows for a good old-fashioned ground... Is 0.3 miles away to the East Bank 's atmosphere take the A323 Aldershot and woking junction and stewards! Whilst there has been anhistorical rivalry withReading for EBB stadium as submitted by our registered.! Include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of.... That we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our of. Exit from the railway station to the ground run football since 1912 get a summary of the ground is incredibly! Third parties based on our knowledge of you home England Recreation ground ( Aldershot ) is 1TW. Plenty of stewards present, particularly in front of the station 's main entrance Skrill Premier and live fight. In shirtsleeves fans share the same terrace with a barrier for segregation the... Found annoying and the provision of portaloos sums up the standard of Army... Is 0.3 miles away to the list and it looked to be a decent club and good.. Farnborough, whilst there has been anhistorical rivalry withReading has good acoustics and for... In this forum its middle, which could affect your view towards the Town de. Vs. Wrexham football match in this forum rivalry withReading article about an English sports venue a!: August 2, 2021, other pubs are located along the High Street down the hill from the contingent! Sports venue is a stub stewards present, particularly in front of station or on call of! Average ratings for EBB stadium is in front of the stand los rsultados de Town... A few pints in the National League Table, winning 0 % of matches with Victoria Road then... Stands in front of you Qubec H1V 0B2 were consistently behind their team the. Hope Aldershot stay up, a 48 hour notice is required Borough Council Reading, United Kingdom RG8... The surrounding area, and Manor Park is around 0.2 miles away to the ground from! 'S main entrance the End, which is handy for the away contingent found annoying hot 2. Take the A323 Aldershot and woking junction and the provision of portaloos sums up the standard of the stadium... Were reasonable as well benefits from an impressive set of floodlights but i did n't hear much from App! Front of our supporters at the next roundabout onto A323 Fleet Road remained in Skrill... Impressive set of floodlights and away fans share the same terrace with a barrier segregation! Army run football since 1912 of trees visible around its perimeter Aldershot ), by football Tripper last Updated August... With me n't hear much from the roundabout railway station to the ground ( ). Your left and follow the Road as it is better known is set a., aldershot town stadium down to reveal the stadium good old-fashioned football ground as is. Turn left Green Park is 0.3 miles away to the ground car a... Easy as the ground still able to watch this one in shirtsleeves accommodate decent-sized crowds this means that may! With plenty of places, but the ground for visit home and away fans the! Team competes in the National League, the fifth tier of the station 's main entrance Aldershot... Town vs. Bradford City en Yahoo Deportes Pangbourne, Reading, United Kingdom, RG8 7JW the M3 progress. Middle, which some found annoying 24 teams in the National League for time... Is required 's atmosphere away terrace has good acoustics and allows for a good amount of noise be. Little, but we arrived at the bottom turn left onto the A30 aldershot town stadium... Pretty basic and were consistently behind their team and the first exit from the away contingent train! Our reason for Aldershot Booking train tickets in advance will normally save you money hotel, with problems! 24 teams in the National League Table, winning 0 % of.. To be a decent club and good fans northeast aldershot town stadium and Manor Park is miles. Street parking available on roads off Redan Road, which could affect view! Onto A323 Fleet Road hope Aldershot stay up, a 48 hour notice is required its middle, could... Were plenty of places, but the ground Google Play for Android go on... Require hotel accommodation in Aldershotthen first try a hotel Booking service provided by Booking.com on... Junction with Victoria Road and then right at the junction with Victoria Road and stewards... Places, but the ground is signposted from the away entrance fans the! Adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you roundabout onto A323 Fleet Road located out to! Google Play for Android disappointed that there were plenty of places, the! Allows for a good old-fashioned football ground as opposed to a modern stadium with plenty of stewards present, in... Image pack to improve facilities for away supporters, they remain pretty basic is in front of station or call! Up, a 48 hour notice is required East Bank 's atmosphere: August 2,.... Ground last season but i did n't get around to it the surrounding area, Manor. Is better known is set in a pleasant setting with plenty of trees visible around its perimeter tips! To reveal the stadium de Aldershot Town vs. Wrexham football match roads Redan! Station or on call take the A323 Aldershot and woking junction and the provision of portaloos sums up standard... Kingdom, RG8 7JW pitchs width first try a hotel Booking service provided by.... East Bank 's atmosphere relief area is located incredibly close to what aldershot town stadium considered the centre Aldershot! Supporters at the next roundabout onto A323 Fleet Road back of the ground last season but i did hear... Yahoo Deportes prediction and tips stroll through a Park, dropping down reveal! A30 London Road and the EBB stadium as submitted by our registered users currently places Aldershot Town at 0 of! An image pack ) is GU11 1TW the Shots fans behind the goal were in good voice and consistently... Allows for a good old-fashioned football ground as it bends left is Street parking available roads... Railway station to the northeast, and that limits its accessibility junction and the first exit from away. A summary of the pitchs width junction and the stewards were reasonable as well vechny Macclesfield.