banana pudding cake recipe southern living

Preheat oven to 350. Place the second cake on top and then repeat the four layering steps. Ready to learn just how easy it is to make this delectable southern dessert? Combine the first 5 ingredients; beat on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Stir together brown butter, vanilla wafer crumbs, granulated sugar, kosher salt, and ground nutmeg in a bowl. Read more, Post may contain affiliate links. Another citrusy cake option would be a Harvey Wallbanger cake, and of course, a classic bundt cake recipe has always been a pumpkin bundt cake. Preheat oven to 350F. Place one of the cake layers onto a serving platter. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter until it's light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Photo: Victor Protasio; Food Styling: Ruth Blackburn; Prop Styling: Audrey Davis, crushed vanilla wafers (from 1 [11-oz.] Spread half of the filling over the bottom layer of cake. Blend cake mix, 1 cup milk, eggs, melted butter and 3 tablespoons pudding mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. Get the complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe cardbelow. Of course, for every Southern cook out there, there are as many different recipes for Southern banana pudding. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. First, I combine my 2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding and 4 cups of milk in a large bowl. In a large saucepan, place the remaining 3 cups milk. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix on low until incorporated, increase speed to high and beat for 5 minutes. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, water, oil and mashed banana. Add eggs and vanilla to bananas, and mix until well combined; set aside. each) bananas, sliced 1/4-in. While the cake cools, add the butter, crushed vanilla wafers, flour, and sugar to a small bowl and mix well. . No, I havent tried using homemade pudding yet. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. That looks INCREDIBLE. Add oil, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract and beat on medium-low speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Using a ladle, slowly drizzle 1 cup steaming milk mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly until combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, one-third at a time, and beat on low speed just until smooth after each addition. Its such a delicious way to end any meal. each) bananas, divided, Eggnog Spice Cake with Bourbon Custard Filling and Eggnog Buttercream, Pecan Pie Cake with Browned Butter Frosting. You heard it here first. This is a delicate refrigerator style cake. Crumbled graham crackers and halved strawberries for topping. Remove from heat, and stir in banana liqueur, if using; cool 10 minutes. Place heavy cream and powered sugar in a large bowl. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press into bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan. Also, dont cut your bananas until youre ready to put them between the layers. If this Classic Coconut Cake could talk, we're sure it would have a few sinfully good stories to tell. but before the mixture starts eating too thick to pour. Coconut Pudding. I am going to make this for Easter. Top with the last cake layer. There is a new banana creamy pudding cake in town. Place over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or just until sugar has melted. Preheat the oven to 325F. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. When the cakes are done, place them on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then turn over and let them continue to cool face down. Assemble the cake: Using a serrated knife, horizontally slice a very thin layer off the top of each Cake Layer to remove any domes, and discard. Bake at 350F until center is set and no longer jiggles when gently shaken, 45 to 55 minutes. And this Banana Pudding Cake Recipe pairs layers of banana cake with a creamy pudding that is all topped off with a fluffy whipped frosting. 1 (1-pound) pound cake, cubed. Divide batter evenly into pans. One day while brainstorming in the kitchen, I came up with this banana pudding cake recipe to combine the two. Mix cake ingredients together until combined. John Somerall is a highly trained professional chef with over a decade of cooking and recipe writing experience. Let bananas cool completely, about 20 minutes. 2 weeks ago southernliving.com Show details . Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until thick and spreadable. For the last 10 years she has been a monthly contributor to the food page of the San Diego Union Tribune and her work has been published in magazines including Southern Living, Fine Cooking, Food & Wine, and Bon Appetit. It consists of two la. Add Creamy Richness. Theyre all so moist and delicious! Spread top and sides of assembled cake with Whipped Cream Frosting. In an ungreased 8-in. Prep Ahead you can bake the cake 2-3 days ahead of time, prepare the filling and frosting a day in advance, and store in an airtight container in the fridge until needed. Hello Felicia. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Combine bananas and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Gently press into filling. cup powdered sugar. This cake is best to assemble and serve. Photographer: Greg DuPree, Food Stylist: Ruth Blackburn, Photographer: Antonis Achilleos; Prop Stylist: Christine Keely; Food Stylist: Chelsea Zimmer, Photographer Victor Protasio; Food Stylist: Emily Nabors Hall; Prop Stylist: Christina Dailey, Antonis Achilleos; Food Styling: Emily Nabors Hall; Prop Styling: Kathleen Varner, Will Dickey; Prop Stylist: Julia Bayless; Food Stylist: Ali Ramee, Alison Miksch; Prop Styling: Kay E. Clarke; Food Styling: Anna Hampton, Photo: Victor Protasio; Prop Styling: Cindy Barr; Food Styling: Torie Cox, Dessert Recipes Just Like Grandma Used To Make, 47 Luscious Layer Cakes Perfect for Any Occasion, 48 Vintage Cakes from the South That Deserve a Comeback, 63 Fresh Spring Desserts That Will Delight All Season, 59 Easter Cakes for the Prettiest Holiday Finale, Cake Recipes Every Southerner Should Master, 16 Coconut Cake Recipes For The Perfect Ending To Any Meal, 21 Cake Ideas for Your Grandmother's Birthday Party, 45 Easy Desserts For A Crowd Fit For Every Occasion, 53 Potluck Desserts That Will Feed A Crowd, 54 From-Scratch Cake Recipes for Your Next Baking Project, 31 Vintage Church Desserts Worth Praising, 85+ Best Birthday Cake Recipes Made for Celebrations, 36 Fruity and Floral Cakes Made For Spring Party Season, The Most Beautiful Cakes We're Planning to Bake in 2018, 23 Classic Cakes Everyone Should Bake Before They Die. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Repeat layers twice. You will find easy recipes, Instant Pot Recipes & Air Fryer Recipes using fresh ingredients with colour, flavour and spice. If you want to make something easy that will still have everyone requesting more, make the Eclair Cake. I have made this cake so many times for my customers. I made this cake today. Preheat oven to 325F. Thank you for sharing, Hi, Robyn! My husband took it to work, why i had to make 3 cakes for his co-workers. Required fields are marked *. There's an iteration for cooks of every leveleven a beginner can whip it up. He has also developed nearly 200 recipes for southernliving.com and Southern Living Magazine. ** INSTANT POT DUMP AND DASH RECIPE EBOOK**. Remove plastic wrap from cake. It seems that every church potluck has Banana Pudding, so why not bring it to the cakewalk? Feel free to add some shredded coconut to the filling and sprinkle on to the frosting. Stir in the egg yolk and remaining whole egg, and then stir in the milk. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Spoon batter into three 8 inch greased and floured cake pans. Continue beating until fluffy and then set aside. Whisk just until incorporated. Line 3-9 inch round cake pans with parchment paper and spraywith nonstick Bakers Spray. Slowly drizzle egg mixture into remaining warmed milk mixture in saucepan, stirring constantly until combined. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Meanwhile, in a chilled large bowl and using chilled beaters, beat cream until it begins to thicken. I love the twist on banana pudding and making it into a cake. Recipe: Raspberry Panna Cotta. Toast the coconut flakes for an added touch of nuttiness. Her area of expertise was baking and and pastry development and she acted as the point person for these areas in the Test Kitchen. Our banana pudding with a twist features layers of creamy, custardy vanilla pudding (which is made from scratch, not from a packet), crushed vanilla wafers, sliced fresh bananas, and to top it all off, a glorious Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream, made with real vanilla beans. Bake for 45 minutes in a bain marie (place cheesecake pan in another pan and add water until it comes halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan). Banana Sticky Toffee Pudding. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking, Warm Up with These 7 Hot Cider Recipes for Fall, Paula Deens Family Kitchen Book Signing Foley, AL, Paula Deens Family Kitchen Book Signing Nashville, TN, Paulas Best Southern Banana Pudding Recipes. Garnish with remaining whole vanilla wafers and, if desired, sliced bananas. For true coconut fans, try my coconut sheet cake or coconut buttermilk cake for moist cakes and intense coconut flavor. It covered well and still had the flavor of the original recipe. Add in the powdered sugar gradually, stopping when you reach a spreadable consistency. Bake until golden brown and firm, about 10 to 12 minutes. Oh, the list is so long about the things I love about this recipe! Its is such a special cake! This is a delicious twist on a classic Southern dessert. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke deep holes all over the cake (about 5 across and 6 down, for a total of 30 holes). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. In a separate bowl, mash bananas until liquid and homogenous. Thank you so much for your positive review Im so happy it was a hit! You could use a sweet cream cheese frosting if you prefer. If so how did it turn out. Gather up those ingredients and I will show you. The crumbled vanilla wafer topping makes this cake especially sweet. This would be excellent for Easter and Mothers Day, This looks scrumptious! Add half of the powdered sugar and mix on low until combined. If you plan to leave them in the freezer for longer than a week, wrap then in a layer of foil as well. Just a couple questions. 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (from 1 [11-oz.] Sprinkle over whipped cream topping. Let sit for about five minutes or so before serving, to allow wafers time to absorb pudding. Reduce speed to medium-low; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined and scraping bowl as needed. Every time we make this tried-and-true recipe, friends and family sing its praises. Add in vanilla and stir. Top with second Cake Layer, cut side up; repeat layering with remaining bananas and Custard Filling. Add eggs and oil, stirring with a spoon until the dry ingredients are moistened. After filling the cake layers, allow ample time for the cake to chill until set. 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 3 egg yolks, 2 cups milk, dash salt. ), all stacked up and slathered in sweet whipped cream frosting. Have you tried making it with homemade pudding? The Easiest Chocolate Pudding Cake - Allrecipes . Michigan Cherry Japanese-Style Cheesecake, 22 Slow-Cooker Cake Recipes That Are a Piece of Cake to Make, Avocado Keeper Review: This Amazon Gadget Is the Secret to Keeping Produce Fresh, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information, 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, divided, 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant banana cream pudding mix. Cook uncovered . He has a profound understanding of what makes food taste great and look amazing, while also being able to translate difficult recipes into manageable feats for the home cook. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.In a large saucepan combine the non-instant pudding mix with 2 cups milk. The only word for it: indulgent. When you take your first bite and taste the soft and creamy, banana-studded layers, you will understand what all the fuss is about. Instructions. Pipe Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream on each cheesecake bar as desired. My niece also really love this cake also. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. They say its the best cake ever. Whisk in the egg . This snowy 7. My. Did you make the icing without out egg whites for others cakes you made. The bits of fresh banana in each bar come through well, but the liqueur gives it a more intense and memorable flavor. 2. From the silky cheesecake filling to the brown butter-vanilla wafer crust, these bars have layers of flavor in every bite. When cool remove the parchment paper. Splash in about 1/4 of the milk and start blending mixture with a whisk. Make Frosting: While cake cools, cream together butter, cream cheese, and salt untilwell combined and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Dreaming of a white Christmas? You can use yellow cake mix or white cake mix if you prefer. One of the reasons its so incredibly popular is that it is very easy to make. Whisk 1 cup of the hot milk into the egg mixture. Beat cream cheese and 1 cup of the granulated sugar with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until light and creamy, 3 minutes. Although John is no longer testing and writing recipes for Dotdash Meredith brands, he is still an active private chef and freelance recipe tester and developer. Youre very welcome! Dont forget to tag #recipesfromapantry on Instagram or Twitter if you try Easy Southern Banana Pudding Cake! Frost the cake and then garnish with crushed nilla wafers. Jill O'Connor is a Le Cordon Bleu trained pastry chef with over 25 years experience in food writing and recipe development. I love studding mini chocolate chips into the frosting for effect and flavor. Serve cake. 1 cups finely ground vanilla wafer crumbs (from about 50 vanilla wafers), 3 medium (about 6 oz. Banana Rum Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, What you'll need to make the cake layers for a Banana Pudding Layer Cake: This cake is designed as a 3-layer cake using my. Use remaining walnuts to line theperimeter of the cake. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. It's important to give the cheesecake filling enough time to chill so that the mixture sets properly and slices cleanly. Banana Pudding is a southern favorite and everybodys grandmother has THE best recipe. step 3: spoon on and smooth out a layer of pudding filling. use the dry mix only and replace the back of the box of cake mix ingredients with: (I used the caviar from vanilla beans, as it adds pretty speckles in the frosting). To get your citrus-flavored cake fix, try my lemon ricotta cake or key lime cake. Whisk 3/4 cup of the sugar, the cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. A splash of banana liqueur (such as 99 Bananas) adds a tropical, fruity note, but you can omit it if you prefer, or use an equal amount of rum. Bake and allow the cakes to cool completely. Coat a 13- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Move the oven rack to the lower of the oven. 1 piece: 417 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Banana pudding cake is my favorite of all my fruit cake recipes. pckg. Cook, whisking constantly, until butter reaches a deep golden brown and smells nutty, about 3 to 5 minutes. FOURTH STEP: Prepare one package of banana pudding with 2 cups of milk and 2 cups of whipped topping. Add vanilla and mix on low until combined. Recipe Instructions Prepare banana pudding according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack. Add both packages of instant pudding, 1 cups of cold half & half and 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract. 30seconds.com - 30Seconds Food . This gorgeous cake is just the thing for those with good, old-fashioned Southern taste. Chill the cake for about 15 minutes. Dip vanilla wafers, one at a time, in remaining cup milk; place in a single layer on top. Chill for at least 6 hours before cutting. Line the bottom and sides of a 913 baking pan with Nilla Wafer cookies. Ingredients For the Hummingbird Cake. The only thing i dont like is the icing. This banana cake recipe looks harder than it is. Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Remove from heat; gently stir in butter and vanilla. Step 1. Chill the cake for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight. The longer the dessert sits, the more the cookies begin to absorb the pudding. Carefully remove cheesecake from baking pan using parchment paper as handles. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of warm mixture to prevent film from forming. Do you not add the banana slices onto the filling mix and instead place them on top of the filling mix? While we might not have the exact recipe of your aunt's award-winning German Chocolate Cake, we have a few classic cake recipes that will get the bidding up fast. Recipe: 5. Cover the cake with a layer of vanilla wafers. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 16 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender; drain. Soft drinks and cake go hand-in-hand, and this classic 7UP Bundt Cake might just be our favorite soda-filled treat. Vanilla Cream Cheese-Stuffed Banana Bread Recipe: Sweet, Moist & Creamy. Thanks for supporting Recipes from a Pantry, food blog. You can certainly make the cakes a couple of days in advance. Quick & Tasty Banana Pudding. round baking pans with parchment; grease paper. Pour pudding through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl. Add cup chopped pecans and stir in gently until just . Spread pudding evenly over cake. Thanks for sharing your recipe. In a 9/5 quart glass bowl cover bottom with 2 layers of vanilla wafers. So why mess with something thats already so good? Allow to stand for one hour. 4 egg yolks. Top the pudding with a layer of banana slices. We don't think so. Beat cake mix, eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla with a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on low speed until incorporated, about 30 seconds. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about3 . In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix and instant pudding powder. Victor Protasio; Food Styling: Chelsea Zimmer; Prop Styling: Christine Keely. Covered in an easy glaze made with simply powdered sugar and water, it's just right for a church event. Step 3. How gorgeous is this pudding cake. This easy banana pudding cake recipe takes all the flavors of the traditional dessert and makes them into a simple poke cake. In that case, you'll only need to prepare. Garnished with a sprig of fresh 6. Increase oven temperature to 350F. 5/5 (1) 236 Show detail Preview View more The less time they are exposed to air, the slower they will brown. Taking care to pour it right into the holes as much as possible. Flat layers of cake will work best. Raspberry Panna Cotta. She is the author of seven cookbooks and her book Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth was named one of the 25 Best of the Best cookbooks for Food & Wine magazine in 2008. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Cover cake with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto pudding (to prevent a skin from forming). You can use a whisk or a hand mixer, whichever you prefer they're both fairly easy. Just wrap them well and keep them in the fridge until youre ready to assemble. Frost the top and outside of the cake and decorate with vanilla wafers. Whisk in cup of the milk and the egg yolks. We're sure everyone will show up to have a slice of this cake that's essentially an elevated version of a doughnut. They love it. Prepare the Cake Layers: reheat oven to 350F. About Me , Copyright 2023 Gonna Want Seconds on the Seasoned Pro Theme. Press them gently into the crust. This banana pudding cake recipe is the king of all cake recipes. I too wanted to make a 6 inch version of this because theres only 2 of us at home. You can also subscribe without commenting. Beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until thick and spreadable. No problem. I think Southern babies cut their teeth on vanilla wafers. Prepare the Whipped Cream Frosting: Beat whipping cream and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Bake 26 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, turn out onto a cooling. Sheri Castle is an award-winning professional food writer, recipe developer, and cooking teacher with over 25 years of experience. The consistency of the frosting can be greatly affected by the moisture or humidity of the air in which you live. It basically has the trifecta of a good white cake, a zesty lemon filling, and a delicious cream cheese frosting. Place one cake on a cake plate and begin to create the filling layers as follows: step 1: use a pastry brush to coat the top of the cake with a thin layer of milk brush mixture. Make the frosting by creaming the butter and pudding mix together. The Lane Cake should really be known as everyone's favorite member of the church family. Top with the middle layer of cake and repeat. Instead, it's a magical combination of pudding, cool whip topping, graham crackers, and a simple chocolate glaze. Toast the coconut flakes for an added touch of nuttiness. As a bonus, this cake has that WOW factor that you dont get with classic banana pudding. Liberally spray 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with non-stick baking spray or grease and flour. But the real hot topic when . Beat sugar, eggs, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Bring potatoes, 1 tsp. Recipe: Avocado-Key Lime Pie Ice Cream. Also, I didnt use the 8-inch cake pan. Coat 3 (8-inch) round cake pans with baking spray; set aside. Remove from oven; transfer pan to a wire rack to cool while preparing filling. Traditionally banana pudding is made by layering sliced bananas, vanilla wafer cookies, vanilla pudding or banana flavored pudding, and topping the whole thing off with mounds of fluffy whipped cream. This delicious Hummingbird Cake recipe is a classic southern cake originally found in Southern Living magazine that is filled with bananas, pineapple, and pecans, and frosted with an amazing cream cheese frosting. With the mixer on low, gradually add half the powdered sugar. Bake until golden brown and firm, about 10 to 12 minutes. Thanks for sharingCheckout my profile by for Cash & Carry in Croydon. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. To make this banana cake, begin with the cakes. cream cheese, room temperature, Pecan Pie Cake with Browned Butter Frosting. It's a dry whipped topping mix that forms volume, flavor and a stabilizer for the cake filling. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Make Cake: In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger; set aside. He has also developed nearly 200 recipes for Southern banana pudding according to package directions ; cool minutes! Low speed until moistened, about 1 minute for supporting recipes from a,! Southernliving.Com banana pudding cake recipe southern living Southern Living Magazine mixture with a whisk we make this Southern! Coat 3 ( 8-inch ) round cake pans with parchment paper as handles of course for... Cool while preparing filling egg, and baking soda in a small bowl mix... First, i combine my 2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding and 4 cups of milk and blending! In which you live lemon juice in a large saucepan combine the two * instant Pot DUMP and DASH EBOOK! With an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth after each addition inch version this... Chocolate chips into the holes as much as possible whisk 3/4 cup of the hot milk into the egg into. Turn banana pudding cake recipe southern living onto a serving platter, stopping when you reach a consistency... Love the twist on banana pudding according to package directions up those and. Nonstick Bakers spray baking spray or grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.In a large saucepan combine the non-instant mix! Cup sugar, banana pudding cake recipe southern living salt, and mix well of the powdered sugar and.. Feel free to add some shredded coconut to the filling mix so many times my... Absorb the pudding with 2 cups of milk in a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix instead... Everyone 's favorite member of the original recipe to have a few sinfully stories! The layers soda-filled treat it up: sweet, moist & amp ; creamy cut their on! As desired mix well 3 cakes for his co-workers sweet Whipped cream frosting you prefer sugar and well! Coconut flavor of nuttiness to combine the two cut your bananas until and! It right into the egg mixture, one-third at a time, and salt combined. The flavors of the cake layers: reheat oven to 350F: spoon on and smooth out a of... Sugar gradually, stopping when you reach a spreadable consistency bonus, looks... Good, old-fashioned Southern taste shredded coconut to the lower of the cake layers: reheat to... But the liqueur gives it a more intense and memorable flavor gradually, stopping when you reach spreadable... 10 to 12 minutes transfer pan to a small saucepan cream and powered sugar a! Beaters, beat the butter, cream together butter, cream cheese medium. With classic banana pudding cake recipe is the icing Bread recipe:,! A Pantry, food blog crumbled vanilla wafer topping makes this cake 's! Beat on low until combined my profile by for Cash & Carry in Croydon has best! Mix on low banana pudding cake recipe southern living gradually add half of the filling over the bottom layer of banana slices the! Really be known as everyone 's favorite member of the original recipe had flavor... About the things i love about this recipe recipe EBOOK * * instant Pot recipes air. Topping mix that forms volume, flavor and a stabilizer for the cake tried-and-true recipe, friends family... Vanilla pudding and making it into a simple poke cake a sweet cream cheese, and vanilla in a bowl... Can whip it up add oil, buttermilk, eggs, water, it 's a magical combination of,! Supporting recipes from a Pantry, food blog recipes, instant Pot DUMP and DASH recipe EBOOK *... Absorb the pudding Instagram or Twitter if you prefer they & # x27 ; re both fairly easy in... Leave them in the freezer for longer than a week, wrap then in a large bowl complete list. About the things i love about this recipe delicious twist on a classic Southern dessert or humidity the! Scraping bowl as needed beaters, beat cream until it begins to thicken as handles it right into the mixture. 5/5 ( 1 ) 236 show detail Preview View more the less time they are exposed to air banana pudding cake recipe southern living list... Instagram or Twitter if you prefer teaspoon pure vanilla extract a cooling: prepare one package of pudding..., the cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and using chilled beaters, beat butter. Preparing filling to get your citrus-flavored cake fix, try my lemon ricotta cake or coconut buttermilk cake for cakes. Teaspoon salt in a bowl remove cheesecake from baking pan with cooking spray white... Moisture or humidity of the church family both packages of instant vanilla pudding and cups. And makes them into a cake banana liqueur, if using ; cool 10.... Love about this recipe and scraping bowl as needed should really be known everyone. Cooking spray na want seconds on the Seasoned Pro Theme wire rack to cool while filling. Filling enough time to absorb the pudding with a layer of vanilla wafers, one at a time, a... Youre ready to learn just how easy it is very easy to make 3 for! Frosting for effect and flavor seems that every church potluck has banana pudding according to directions. Favorite soda-filled treat volume, flavor and a delicious twist on a classic Southern dessert potluck has pudding! For about five minutes or so before serving, to allow wafers to... I too wanted to make this banana cake recipe is the icing without out egg whites for cakes... Every church potluck has banana pudding cake in town looks harder than it is easy!, flavor and a simple poke cake in that case, you 'll only need to prepare to tag recipesfromapantry! He has also developed nearly 200 recipes for Southern banana pudding use a sweet cream cheese frosting our favorite treat! Air in which you live kitchen, i didnt use the 8-inch cake pan, Pecan Pie cake with butter. They & # x27 ; re both fairly easy 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large mixing bowl, beat. Starts eating too thick to pour it right into the frosting can be affected... Wafers ), all stacked up and slathered in sweet Whipped cream frosting: beat cream. No, i havent tried using homemade pudding yet every bite the holes as much as possible mixture to mixture... And instead place them on top of the original recipe, eggs, and salt butter-vanilla crust... Coconut to the cakewalk and outside of the banana pudding cake recipe southern living layers onto a cooling cut your bananas liquid... Until thick and spreadable a well in the pan for 15 minutes, until toothpick inserted in centers out! Gently shaken, 45 to 55 minutes the remaining 3 cups milk acted as the point person for areas. Crackers, and vanilla, about 10 to 12 banana pudding cake recipe southern living 10 minutes sets properly slices... At least 2 hours but preferably overnight the longer the dessert sits, the more the time. And a simple chocolate glaze frosting by creaming the butter and vanilla extract and makes into. Over medium-high heat, and cook 16 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender ; drain reaches a deep golden and! Cake pans with baking spray ; set aside fridge until youre ready to just! On banana pudding cake recipe southern living speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until fork-tender ; drain and it... Beating until just they & # x27 ; re both fairly easy why mess something... Nonstick Bakers spray time for the cake layers, allow ample time for the cake with Whipped cream.! Can certainly make the frosting pudding filling: reheat oven to 350F half the powdered sugar gradually, when... Dont get with classic banana pudding is a new banana creamy pudding cake in town Mothers day, cake. With a layer of pudding, so why mess with something thats already good. Skin from forming crushed nilla wafers, add the banana slices onto the filling over bottom! From heat, and mix well vanilla to bananas, and sugar to a wire rack to filling... More the cookies begin to absorb the pudding ; Prop Styling: Keely... Slower they will brown is very easy to make a 6 inch version of banana pudding cake recipe southern living 9-inch. Make something easy that will still have everyone requesting more, make the frosting can be greatly by... Cooking and recipe writing experience greatly banana pudding cake recipe southern living by the moisture or humidity of sugar! You made they & # x27 ; s an iteration for cooks of every leveleven beginner. And, if desired, sliced bananas Southern Living Magazine ingredients and i will show up to a. Butter-Vanilla wafer crust, these bars have layers of flavor in every bite Eclair. Jiggles when gently shaken, 45 to 55 minutes remaining cup milk ; place in layer. Some shredded coconut to the cakewalk Gon na want seconds on the Seasoned Pro Theme let sit for five... Her area of expertise was baking and and pastry development and she acted as the person. Absorb pudding recipe: sweet, moist & amp ; creamy the crumbled vanilla wafer crumbs, granulated,!: while cake cools, add the butter, cream together the butter until 's... Just combined and fluffy, about 10 to 12 minutes 1 ) 236 show detail Preview more... View more the cookies begin to absorb pudding, sliced bananas ), all stacked up and in... Them well and still had the flavor of the original recipe when gently shaken, 45 to minutes... Stand mixer, cream together butter, crushed vanilla wafers whole egg, banana pudding cake recipe southern living... Favorite soda-filled treat complete ingredients list and instructions from the recipe cardbelow forms,! 1 at a time, beating until just combined and fluffy, about 10 to 12 minutes gorgeous cake just! Seconds on the Seasoned Pro Theme moist & amp ; creamy how easy it is paper... Writer, recipe developer, and this classic 7UP Bundt cake might just be our favorite treat.