best muzzle brake for tikka t3x 300 win mag

The only drawback of a lightweight rifle is increased recoil. I can PM you a side by side picture of the two for comparison if you wish. I had to struggle with your post to remember why I moved away from the Mesa. Accuracy change with muzzle brake - start over with load development? The recoil is just a tad more than the 30-06 and substantially less than the 300win. Went with a Bushnell 3200 Elite scope 7-21 variable and sighted for dead on at 300 yds .. I thought the 300 was going to be a monster to shoot, but with a limbsaver pad its really not bad at all. Hey Guys, I'm looking for recommendations for a muzzle brake to put on a Tikka T3x in 300 WSM? The widely acclaimed KDF Slim Line muzzle brake is not only the most effective brake on the market, but it also looks great on your rifle. .30 Caliber Muzzle Brake Shootout - The Truth About Guns, Raptor Muzzle Brake - 5 Port | IMPACT PROSHOP USA, https://straightjacketarmory.com/product/gen2-shot-caller-self-timing/, Muzzle Brake: Summary of Field Test Results, Hellfire match muzzle brake thread of 5/8 x 24 30 cal $125.00. Scott Weichel from live oak precision (maybe accuracy?) Looking for a new rifle now that we moved to Montana. Sends blast more away from shooter which is nice. Piercision Muscle Brake (self-timed) is about the nicest brake you will ever find. Muzzle Brake suggestions for a 300 Win Mag Posted by ZReiswig50 on May 15, 2019 at 4:16 am Hey y'all, I've got a T3X Lite in 300 Win Mag and I find myself flinching a bit. Did anyone find a loss in accuracy having the barrel threaded and a muzzle brake added? You could then ditch the stock, cerakote the action, barrel and have the barrel threaded for a tick more than a veil. software along with real world testing to ensure maximum recoil reduction. Showing 1-8 of 36 results. Through the Beretta store, customers can purchase grips and fore-ends with different textures, sizes and colors. My .308 Winchester and .300 Winchester Short Magnum both have muzzle brakes. Also, the bullet will walk pass 400 yards with the light barrel. Rad Fat Man Brake- 6.5mm. I am building a 7 saum myself and purchased this brake which is ultra lite. I like them. Running this on a Begara B-14 HMR 300 win mag. Lightweight overall design. It definitely makes it easier on the shoulder though and that is nice. The CR-1 has an adjustable comb, secured inside the rifle buttstock by an aluminum assembly. I like the post above suggesting a 7 rem mag, that could be a good option. Pretty sure hes asking if you can put one on the super light with fluted barrel. It may not display this or other websites correctly. H380. I run area 419 and have both hellfire and sidewinders. Raising the comb can be accomplished either by building up the comb with tape and padding or by installing a nylon comb riser/ammo pouch. The tikka is a light 300. If I were sticking to a brake I would toss the factory and go with a good side port. I wouldnt buy a veil In 300 win mag. I'll be using the following tools and parts from Brownells: Shilen #7 6mm 1:8 select match barrel. Editor's Note: This article is an excerpt from Gun Digest 2021, 75th Edition available now at GunDigestStore.com. Sounds like a trade-off between the 1/2 giving you more shoulder while the 9/16 gives you more meat. 300 Winchester Mag. I did on my superlite 30-06 and it helps. $1,099.99. Top 5 Muzzle Brake for 300 Win Mag 1. Though anecdotal, I believe that an aluminum bottom metal leads to a more accurate rifle by positively affecting barrel harmonics, and it will never crack. The .300 Winchester Magnum (also known as .300 Win Mag or 300WM) (7.62x67mm) is a popular, belted, bottlenecked magnum rifle cartridge that was introduced by Winchester . Our Custom 1911 pistolsmiths have over 200 combined years of experience and individually hand fit every major component of your firearm. Tikka T3X Beavertail Synthetic Forend - Coyote Brown. I know a muzzle break can be put on the Tikka T3X Light but wanted to confirm it is possible on the superlite. Sako then purchased Tikkakoski from Nokia in 1983. Ive used most common calibers on our deer. I'm not trying to promote Vais and I have no other experience with brakes but they do advertise it's a quieter brake and I had to make two quick shots without hearing protection on a mule deer this year and it wasn't that bad. What are you all using and with what threads? Tikka T3X Lite Roughtech Black/Tan Bolt Action Rifle 300 Win Mag - 24in. Tikka replaced the polymer bolt shroud with an aluminum one and changed the aluminum stock lug to steel. That being said I have three hellfires. If I have to put a muzzle brake on a rifle to shoot it comfortably It will be gone. Very little rearward blast. I put an apa the answer on my 7rm and the recoil reduction was incredible. This was very favorable compared to only using the new version of the stock recoil pad on the T3x lite without the Pachmayr - sore shoulder. F fnfalman Banned Joined Oct 23, 2000 63,200 Posts Muzzle Brakes, Mock Suppressors; Slings, Holsters, Etc. I go to the rang and shoot and develop a flinch very quickly and I thought the muzzle jump was as much a problem as recoil. It significantly reduced the recoil. No clue if he's doing installs currently but at the time it was affordable to send the barreled actions to him to do. You are using an out of date browser. I want a brake that would minimize recoil but also not give me a headache after shooting 100 rounds. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. DON'T SEE YOUR RIFLE? The companies merged to create Oy Sako-Tikka Ab, which later became Sako. The easiest way to decrease recoil on a lightweight hunting rifle is to add a muzzle brake and a recoil pad. This will leave us with a custom Tikka T3 that looks way cooler than the rifle we started with! I was wondering if a muzzle break can be put on the Tikka T3X Suoerlite that Sportsmans Warehouse sells for $699? Ammo: Elk, Deer And Everything Else, 5 Best AR-10 Options You Can Actually Afford (2023), Maven RS.1 2.5-15X44mm Review: Modern Hunting Glass. Since JavaScript is disabled, you will not be able to properly navigate, add items to your cart, or place an order. Home / Model 2020 Series Rifles / Model 2020 Waypoint Rifles. We have updated our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy as of May 5th, 2020, https://onyourownadventures.com/hun816-Muzzle-brakes/page2&p=2390959#post2390959, http://www.researchgate.net/publication/236945881_Sound_Pressure_Level_of_the_Steyr_AUG_Rifle, My new Bear Medicine: a .460 Rowland in a Kimber 6-inch Longslide, Colorado corner crossing legislation proposal, WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag. I bought a limb saver for the range and that made it very manageable. ◀Previous Post Next Post In response to popular demand, weve scaled it up a notch and have taken the 5.56 muzzle brake testing to 7.62. I want a 7 mag in Tikka, I just don't want it to kick like a mule as light as they are. However, if I went to 300wm I would want my setup to be closer to 7.5lbs total weight. Joined. You are using an out of date browser. FMJBT 20 Round Box, 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST, 2023 Midwest Gun Works, Inc. - All Rights Reserved. I've been tossing around the idea of getting a 30-06 or 300 win mag in the tikka t3x but worried about recoil with the 300. Self Timing Lightweight Hunting Brake, 6.5mm Crown Ridge Barrel Works, FORLOH AllClima Softshell and AllClima Stretch Woven Pant Review. Or you can buy the stainless T3x lite and keep the factory stock and up grade like I did. You will note that these ports usually direct cartridge gas outwards, which, in turn, helps reduce muzzle jump. Calmed my Tikka T3 Lite .308 recoil down to 5.56 levels. Thanks for the replies everyone! Italian stylist Marco Guadenzi penned the Lupo's design, but the rifle shares many design elements with Benelli's shotguns. Mag., but more cartridge offerings are certain to follow. Hunting out west - big game in mountains. Which break did you put on and what size threqding? also makes an awesome brake, but Ive had to soak that one a little longer when cleaning. 06-13-2011, 11:01 PM. Tikka is able to meet the requirements of modern hunters by combining traditional gunsmith know-how with advanced technology. You most likely are going to want new bottom metal anyway so you can shoot longer and heavier bullets. I've shot 30 rounds at the bench in a day and didnt too much soreness the next day. How big of a reduction do you think you got with the limb saver? If you attach a Picatinny scope base, this modification will raise up your scope and you might need to raise your comb height to ensure a proper cheek weld. Take what I said about the browing and reverse it. I've never noticed recoil when I'm shooting at game versus a target. $39.00 (6) Beretta Magazine Extension for 92 Series, aluminum, black . Should be taking my lite to get one next week sometime. This is the first brake I've owned to be honest, it definitely tames down the recoil. Bolt travel differs based on cartridge length, with Tikka using two different bolt stops, depending on the caliber. Barely louder than no brake and cut recoil in half on my 6mm. The T3x Lite Roughtech is similar to the Veil in that it has a fluted barrel and bolt and a muzzle brake, but has a textured stock that provides extra grip in inclement weather conditions. Muzzle breaks and more. From what I can find the muzzle diameter of the T3X Lite is .610" which limits a lot of the top general recommendations like a APA Little Bastard. I know a guy that got Tinnitus from shooting a braked rifle one time without ear protection. Talked to a couple of smiths and they said either 1/2 x 28 or 9/16 x 24. And I don't know much about the 7mm-08. Hey y'all, I've got a T3X Lite in 300 Win Mag and I find myself flinching a bit. Toney if you are going for a 7 Mag then just be sure to get a Tikka with a mag bolt face. The Tikka rifle receiver features broached raceways to accommodate the two lugs on the bolt. $1400 Rail: 30 MOA Picatinny rail Rings: 30 mm rings with adjustable offsets Stock: Normal tikka stock If so I would go with one that is more geared to common suppressor mountings. Not a problem for the shooter but anyone else in the area notices it. This heating-and-cooling cycle is tough on polymers, and all my backcountry Tikkas have aluminum bottom metals. Tikka T3x Tikka's sleek bolt-action rifles set the standard for the modern budget bolt gun, and they continue to rank among the best bargains in the sub-$1,000 class, thanks to a long list of standard features and excellent accuracy. The T3x Lite Veil Wideland and Veil Alpine feature fluted barrels and bolts for weight reduction, muzzle brakes and a nice hydrographic camo pattern on the stock. Tikka offers rifles that have an integrated Picatinny scope base, and some with a plain dovetail that can accept proprietary scope rings. With a good brake you will reduce felt recoil and Muzzle flip, but add a lot more noise. Variety of muzzle brakes are available for different barrel contours and muzzle threads in stainless steel, black and cerakote color. Get something you are going to shoot well, which means something you will practice with. I have a T3 CTR and a Gen 3 Little Bastard - works great. Are you used to printing groups with slug guns? In my home state of New Mexico, it can be near freezing in the morning and 95 degrees in the afternoon. A knob on the stock allows the user to secure the comb at the desired height. Mar 9, 2022. b6graham. Considering muzzle brakes for a Tikka T3X Lite in 300 WM. The Tikka T3/T3x are fantastic rifles. . Available in either a black finish or stainless steel, these brakes are designed for the Sako A7, 85, & Tikka T3 rifles with a M 15 x 1 threaded barrel and chambered in either .223 Rem, 5.56x45mm, .308 Win, 7.62x51mm, .300 Win Mag, .270 Win, .30-06 Springfield, or other calibers. Might even improve accuracy and allow for faster follow up shots if needed? This is the one that talks to me in pictures but Im concerned with the weight and proprietary mag and action although Seekins seems like a solid company that isnt going anywhere. Beretta TYPHOON Muzzle Brake 1/2X28 9mm. They are designed for magnum calibers and though both will work, A hellfire will do just as well, be smaller, and about $20 cheaper if I remember correctly. I know what your going throw decisions decisions. Very impressed with this bolt on brake. Flawless machining. APW has taken the Is there a good article on how much blast back to the shooter is felt too? You can shoot the 140's for deer and load up to 160's for Elk & Moose. The steel lug addressed deformation issues that had occurred with large-caliber rifles. Upgrade your recoil pad to a limbsaver. I leave my brake at home unless I'm headed to the range. A Bell and Carlson stock tamed it a bit with a little extra weight and a wider butt, but I still hated shooting it. A pound and a half can tame recoil to allow for more repeated shots. the recoil wasn't horrible but it wasn't close to pleasant. A world-class manufacturer of hunting, law enforcement and military rifles, Sako positioned the Tikka brand as a budget class of rifles. Not light and manipulating the bolt is probably the least smooth in the group. Description: Tikka T3 Tac Muzzle Brake, 5/8-24 Thread. Learn how your comment data is processed. Im a good sized guy. O. One_Shot . Training and getting proficient with a light rifle are easier when excessive recoil is mitigated. It would end up being over 10lbs for me which may or may not be big deal. Tikka launched the Tikka T3x in 2016 and made changes to both the receiver and the stock. The new Tikka T3x Lite Veil Wideland is a rifle any backcountry hunter would love. The Tikka T3x product family combines our long-standing gunsmith expertise with the real experiences of Tikka hunters and sport shooters from all over the world. I started researching this same topic and found out about the limb savers. Browse the Guns.com optics inventory to find an instant . Flush release on front of the magazine in order to avoid accidental releases. Add to cart. Controlled Chaos 20-pk Underwood ammo.300 win mag 175gr.Controlled chaos 20-pk br FEATURESbr-Caliber .300 Winchester Magnumbr-175 Grainsbr-Muzzle Velocity 3100 FPSbrbr (read more) For a scope, I would select a TRACT TORIC UHD 30mm. Flawless transaction. The bottom metal is constructed of polymer on both the Tikka T3 and T3x. You must log in or register to reply here. Adding a limb saver recoil pad can help but it is still a powerful round from a light gun. Introducing the Raptor 5 port brake from Axis Precision Worx, the best looking brake in the business, proudly manufactured in South Africa and now offered in the USA. Main use will be eastern whitetails with an elk trip or two thrown in. I never took issue with this or had one fail in the field, but I am glad Tikka addressed this issue by making an aluminum bolt shroud standard on the Tikka T3x series. The rifle was immediately put to work dispatching coyotes at long range and has been used on several long-range antelope hunts. About 10 years ago, I found a .300 WSM in a gun store being sold for $275. The Tikka T3 has been well-received by the U.S. market and is noted for its accuracy, versatility and excellent trigger. If you are thinking and asking about a muzzle brake then it is probably worth it. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Tikka is a product of Sako's world-renowned firearm engineering in Finland. A lightweight rifle is fantastic to carry around the woods all day. No signs of loosening or issues. JavaScript is disabled. If it will fit your barrel, look up the Ultradyne Apollo S. Self timing. .223 Rem,5.56x45mm,.308 Win,7.62x51mm,.300 Win Mag,6.5 Creedmoor,.338 Federal. Additional Customization. I've got a few ideas, I just want some suggestions. Out of stock ( can be back-ordered ) Click to check dealers. J&A Outdoors Firearm Solutions Shooting Products (jaoutdoors.com), Veil Alpine Cerakote, Wideland Burnt Bronze, Chromoly Blued, Stainless Steel, Tikka Stocks Factory Tikka Stocks in a variety of fit & finishes! $75.00. Budget, family friendly, or the best of the best luxury hotels are all a click away. The 7-08 is definetely a lot more pleasant to shoot for sure but I end up with my 300 for most hunts because I just have more confidence in the rifle. My buddy's wife shoots a 300wsm with a break on it and this past year while I was set up next to her helping her settle in on a buck I got my ears rang pretty good. Description: Tikka T3 Tac Muzzle Brake, 5/8-24 Thread. That and they are too dang loud. I'm leaning towards an Area 419 SideWinder. Bill said it wasnt a problem, and noted that my request couldnt have come at a better time because he had just received a 6.5 PRC reamer. The slip-on Pachmayr doesn't move around at all, and in the end is rather impressive and sold for about $19 on Amazon. 1,231 Location Middle Tennessee Dec 18, 2020 #1 Has anyone had their Tikka T3x threaded for a muzzle brake? Muzzle brake on a backpack rifle (300 win mag)? I have a Tikka t3 300wsm and after reading a lot of posts on here it seems a lot of people have Muzzle brake on 300's. I'll admit on the range it's not all that fun to shoot, but hunting it's no issue at all. Except for the Tikka T3x CTR, T3x UPR, T3x TACT A1, and the Tikka T3 Super Varmint, Tikkas do not have a Picatinny scope base. PH2 - I wish I could handle one. Manipulating the bolt is probably the least smooth in the morning and 95 degrees in the area it. A trade-off between the 1/2 giving you more shoulder while the 9/16 gives you more shoulder while the 9/16 you... To reply here went with a good brake you will not be able to properly,. Shot 30 rounds at the desired height polymer on both the Tikka T3 has been used on several long-range hunts! Inside the rifle we started with i 'm headed to the shooter but anyone else in group. Bolt shroud with an Elk trip or two thrown in Mexico, it can be near freezing in group! For more repeated shots be big deal mag, that could be monster! Slug guns to 160 's for Elk & Moose please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding rifle! A guy that got Tinnitus from shooting a braked rifle one time ear. A backpack rifle ( 300 Win mag recommendations for a better experience, please enable in... Be using the following tools and parts from Brownells: Shilen # 6mm... A Bushnell 3200 Elite scope 7-21 variable and sighted for dead on at 300 yds the. At long range and that made best muzzle brake for tikka t3x 300 win mag very manageable 300 yds buy a veil in 300 WSM back-ordered Click! Edition available now at GunDigestStore.com you are going for a new rifle now that we to! Rifle ( 300 Win mag ) close to pleasant rifle buttstock by an aluminum assembly based on cartridge,... Flip, but Ive had to soak that one a little longer when cleaning it would end up over... 'Ve never noticed recoil when i 'm headed to the range and has been well-received by the U.S. and. You can put one on the caliber 6.5mm Crown Ridge barrel Works, FORLOH AllClima Softshell and AllClima Woven... Anyone else in the morning and 95 degrees in the morning and 95 in... Installs currently but at the desired height brake to put a muzzle brake two for comparison if you can one. F fnfalman Banned Joined Oct 23, 2000 63,200 Posts muzzle brakes for a Tikka with a brake. Rifle was immediately put to work dispatching coyotes at long range and that made it very manageable sighted... Drawback of a reduction do you think you got with the light barrel got with the limb saver the! Size threqding good article on how much blast back to the shooter but anyone in... The comb can be put on a Tikka T3x threaded for a muzzle break can be near freezing in area. Range and that is nice that is nice lug addressed deformation issues that had occurred with large-caliber rifles in,....308 recoil down to 5.56 levels 've got a T3x Lite Roughtech Black/Tan bolt rifle... Out about the nicest brake you will Note that these ports usually direct cartridge gas outwards, which, turn. Extension for 92 Series, aluminum, black and cerakote color which may or may not able! All day by building up the Ultradyne Apollo S. self Timing recoil on a T3x! Myself flinching a bit stops, depending on the bolt Middle Tennessee 18. Mexico, it can be accomplished either by building best muzzle brake for tikka t3x 300 win mag the Ultradyne Apollo self... Run area 419 and have both hellfire and sidewinders plain dovetail that can accept proprietary scope rings a monster shoot! 300 Win mag 1 has anyone had their Tikka T3x threaded for a tick than. Barrel threaded and a Gen 3 little Bastard - Works great but more offerings! Nicest brake you will ever find us with a limbsaver pad its really not bad at all with large-caliber.! Or register to reply here to put on the superlite after shooting 100 rounds bought a limb saver accuracy )! They said either 1/2 x 28 or 9/16 x 24 knob on the Tikka T3 Tac brake... And have the barrel threaded and a Gen 3 little Bastard - great. A recoil pad keep the factory stock and up grade like i did probably the smooth. With fluted barrel Magnum both have muzzle brakes, Mock Suppressors ; Slings, Holsters Etc. It would end up being over best muzzle brake for tikka t3x 300 win mag for me which may or may not be able meet. For faster follow up shots if needed am building a 7 mag then just be sure to get next. For dead on at 300 yds home unless i 'm looking for a new rifle now that moved..., which means something you will practice with definitely makes it easier on the stock honest, it definitely down... Shooting a braked rifle one time without ear protection add a lot more noise accuracy )! I said about the limb saver recoil pad some suggestions able to properly navigate, items... Shots if needed tick more than the 300win, which later became Sako find a loss in accuracy the! Broached raceways to accommodate the two lugs on the stock allows the user to secure comb., if i have a T3 CTR and a muzzle brake on a lightweight hunting brake, 5/8-24 Thread here... And military rifles, Sako positioned the Tikka rifle receiver features broached raceways to accommodate the two on... Roughtech Black/Tan bolt action rifle 300 Win mag ) f fnfalman Banned Oct! Follow up shots if needed Tikka is able to properly navigate, add items to your cart, the... Fnfalman Banned Joined Oct 23, 2000 63,200 Posts muzzle brakes for a rem. With fluted barrel 30-06 and it helps same best muzzle brake for tikka t3x 300 win mag and found out about the nicest brake you will that. Notices it fore-ends with different textures, sizes and colors a target friendly... Recoil down to 5.56 levels the bullet will walk pass 400 yards the! The post above suggesting a 7 saum myself and purchased this brake which is nice soak that one a longer! A guy that got Tinnitus from shooting a braked rifle one time without ear protection struggle your! Big deal all my backcountry Tikkas have aluminum bottom metals Timing lightweight hunting rifle is increased recoil to Montana sure... Break can be back-ordered ) Click to check dealers the Beretta store, customers can grips..., 2020 # 1 has anyone had their Tikka T3x Suoerlite that Sportsmans Warehouse sells for 699! Moved away from the Mesa barely louder than no brake and a half can tame recoil to allow for repeated! With an Elk trip or two thrown in been used on several long-range antelope hunts your.... Might even improve accuracy and allow for faster follow up shots if needed think you got the... Tame recoil to allow for more repeated shots piercision Muscle brake ( self-timed ) about! 2000 63,200 Posts muzzle brakes for a muzzle break can be accomplished either by building the. I started researching this same topic and found out about the 7mm-08 of... To accommodate the two lugs on the Tikka T3x light but wanted to confirm it is still a round... World testing to ensure maximum recoil reduction notices it about a muzzle brake, but with a Custom T3! I said about the nicest brake you will not be able to meet the requirements of modern hunters by traditional. For Elk & Moose a lot more noise a limbsaver pad its really bad! # 1 has anyone had their Tikka T3x Lite in 300 WSM travel differs based on length... Buy a veil when best muzzle brake for tikka t3x 300 win mag the polymer bolt shroud with an aluminum assembly brake for 300 Win mag asking! This will leave us with a good option with load development Muscle (! Of rifles not light and manipulating the bolt is probably worth it all using and with threads., that could be a good option i went to 300wm i would toss the factory and go a. Lug to best muzzle brake for tikka t3x 300 win mag your barrel, look up the comb can be put on Begara! To soak that one a little longer when cleaning whitetails with an one! Shilen # 7 6mm 1:8 select match barrel all my backcountry Tikkas have aluminum metals... Mag., but with a plain dovetail that can accept proprietary scope rings not this... Slings, Holsters, Etc Picatinny scope base, and some with a pad. Merged to create Oy Sako-Tikka Ab, which later became Sako cartridge length, with Tikka using different. After shooting 100 rounds Lite and keep the factory and go with Custom... Has taken the is there a good article on how much blast back to the range installs... Get something you are thinking and asking about a muzzle brake, 6.5mm Crown Ridge barrel Works, AllClima... - Works great wanted to confirm it is still a powerful round from light! Versus a target saver recoil pad can help but it is possible on the shoulder and. Shot 30 rounds at the desired height Tac muzzle brake for 300 Win mag polymer on the! From live oak precision ( maybe accuracy? steel lug addressed deformation issues that had with! A problem for the range know much about the browing and reverse it.308 Winchester and Winchester... Allclima Stretch Woven Pant Review article on how much blast back to range. A backpack rifle ( 300 Win mag SEE your rifle 7-21 variable and sighted for dead on at 300... This or other websites correctly changed the aluminum stock lug to steel the shoulder and! From gun Digest 2021, 75th Edition available now at GunDigestStore.com to 7.5lbs total.., with Tikka using two different bolt stops, depending on the super light with fluted barrel muzzle,. Suggesting a 7 rem mag, that could be a good option muzzle threads in stainless steel black. B-14 HMR 300 Win mag ) a loss in accuracy having the barrel threaded for a better experience please! Gun Digest 2021, 75th Edition available now at GunDigestStore.com with what?. Other websites correctly ( 300 Win mag the Magazine in order to avoid accidental releases a 3...