bexar county district judge candidates

210-405-1000 } They have shut down our businesses, our churches, our childrens schools and have implemented executive orders which have all proven to be disastrous! SAN ANTONIO Democrat Peter Sakai rode an early-vote advantage to victory in the Bexar County judge race, defeating Republican Trish DeBerry Tuesday night. padding-left: 16px; You may make your request by E-filing, Mail or in person. .results_row td { Yolanda Uresti, Did not make the ballot: The following candidates ran in the Democratic primary for Bexar County District Clerk on March 1, 2022. border-bottom: 1px solid grey; County Clerk's webpage for marriage information, Jury Services webpage for more information. Click here to contact us for media inquiries, and please donate here to support our continued expansion. Our greenway trails are multi-use trails that are adjacent to our transit centers and provide multimodal access to employment centers and hospitals. He ran as a Republican in 2010 for a state House seat in El Paso. And finally, a third step should focus on enhancing communication platforms. Next, there should have never been mask mandates or fines to businesses for not complying with the mandate. .non_result_row th { color: #888; Dan Patrick wants Texas version of Floridas Dont Say Gay law, Texas comptroller abandons plan to hide details of controversial tax break program, Glenn Hegar sent letters to firms demanding their stances on oil and natural gas use, Trump wades deeper into Texas politics, with endorsement in land commissioner race, Land commissioner primaries extends to May as Buckingham, Westley, Martinez and Kleburg advance, Wayne Christian slams Engie for boycotting Texas gas due to drillers reckless practices, Preyor-Johnson: Stogners education, expertise are assets worth flashing, Democrats to have runoff for Board of Education spot, Texas board recoils from middle school textbooks with lessons on gender identity, abortion, Lt. Gov. Bexar County also contains a county court and the following judicial districts: District 37, District 45, District 57, District 73, District 131, District 144, District 150, District 166, District 175, District 187, District 224, District 225, District 226, District 227, District 285, District 288, District 289, District 290, District 379, RELATED: Election 2022 | Longtime children's advocate Peter Sakai on why he's running for Bexar County judge, A former New Mexican who works as a carpenter by trade, Coyle says he decided to run for Bexar County judge "after seeing the detrimental impact of the (pandemic-era) lockdowns, handed down by local government.". Around 8:25 p.m., DeBerry spoke to supporters and all but explicitly conceded the race. Underlying each issue is the realization that continued success means we work in coalition and partnership with local entities, nonprofits, neighborhoods and the broader community. Garcia is making her first run for office with the backing of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, for whom she worked as deputy state director. Sakais campaign reported $299,066 cash on hand as of Dec. 31. Please reload the page and try again. SAN ANTONIO Democrat Peter Sakai rode an early-vote advantage to victory in the Bexar County judge race, defeating Republican Trish DeBerry Tuesday night. Families can access these trailways and the connecting parts at no cost. position: relative; The coronavirus pandemic exposed cracks in the city/county joint response, communications and health infrastructure. Peter Sakai defeated Ina Minjarez in the Democratic primary runoff for Bexar County Judge on May 24, 2022. Our deputies are the lowest paid in the state (per capita) and that needs to change. } .mw-body #mw-content-text th.votebox-results-cell--text { .results_row td:first-child { border-radius: 50%; The top three issues to focus on in my first year as county judge will be: Are you interested in continuing Bexar Countys spending on capital projects? 2023 Nonprofit journalism for an informed community. .votebox_legend .non_result_row {

How do I check if I'm registered to vote? Due to a change in the statue, participating jurisdictions may elect to turn over their delinquent business property taxes to their delinquent tax attorneys for collection on April 1st of the year the taxes became delinquent, and are also subject to an additional collection penalty of 15 or 20% of the taxes, penalties and interest due. It might mean that we simply havent gotten the file uploaded yet. Republican candidate for Bexar County judge, @trish4judge, congratulates Judge Peter Sakai and said Democrats had a big turnout locally. padding-top: 5px; Early Voting Clerk1103 S. Frio St.Suite 200San Antonio, TX 78207-6328. Correction of Affidavit This month marks the start to finding his successor; early voting for the primary election kicks off Feb. 14. } Bexar County Judge Candidate Votes % Peter Sakai (D) 301,728 57% Trish DeBerry (R) 207,569 39% 100% of Precincts Reporting (302 / 302) View All Candidates Copyright 2022 by KSAT - All. background-color: #003388; Maria Diaz, Stephanie R. Boyd(i) Propertyassessment at significantly lower than the purchase price makes for communities upside-down in value, often preventing earned equity and ability to move up. 210-771-8943 Beckley and Collier are competing in the runoff for a chance to face Republican powerhouse Lt. Gov. Both entrances are ADA accessible. Greenway trails benefit our region and add to the quality of life for all residents. U.S. President | Source1Source2. Find out which precinct you live in here. Cesar Garcia, Yolanda Huff(i) It is up to we the people to decide! Nonprofit journalism for an informed community. That is a waste of resources and tax dollars. View persons arrested in the past 24 hours at the Magistrates Office Search Website. font-size: 1.25em; I would also seek input from all relevant stakeholders, especially the rank and file. School districts | Throughout the pandemic, local leaders were making decisions during challenging times without a playbook to follow. Reyes, a home builder, jumped into the Senate race this year after very narrowly losing the 2020 GOP primary for the 23rd Congressional District. position: absolute; } } If someone wants to go and receive any vaccine, that is up to the individual, their family and their doctor. GOP State Sen. Buckingham of Lakeway claimed the most votes of the eight Republican contenders in a packed primary race for this seat left open as incumbent Land Commissioner George P. Bush runs for attorney general. Nonprofit journalism for an informed community. Mary Lou Alvarez(i) Here are the 2022 candidates running for Bexar County judge, criminal district attorney, Commissioners Court and district and county clerk. Click here to see whos running in your district. I think people are sick and tired of what is going on," she said back in February. 100, San Antonio, Texas 78207. Larry Ricketts advanced from the Republican primary for Bexar County Commissioners Court Precinct 4 on March 1, 2022. judgescottwalker.com, michael@votedrstevens.com font-size: 12px; Veronica Legarreta, Milton Fagin I have the proven experience to build on the momentum and solid foundation Judge Wolff has laid. } The pandemic affected all sectors of our local economy leading to unemployment, small businesses shutting down and people unable to pay their rent, utilities and groceries. Democratic primary election Democratic primary for Bexar County Judge Peter Sakai and Ina Minjarez advanced to a runoff. color: #6db24f; My first job was at KENS-TV, where I worked as a reporter and producer for eight years. .votebox { 2023 Nonprofit journalism for an informed community. Overreach of our local government: Since the pandemic has started, we have seen the current county judge (commissioners as well) rule with an iron fist. Pay to play will most certainly come to an end! Results for Sakai, DeBerry and Coyle below. The San Antonio Report submitted questions to each of the Republican and Democratic candidates about their background, experience, and views on issues facing Bexar County. Candidate information comes from Texas Secretary of State data, the candidates and other sources. We must do a deep examination into inmate and officer safety, as well as seek innovative measures to help reduce the jail inmate population. Thirty years later, the programs continue in place and help people change their lives. Whoops! Copyright 2023 KSAT.com is managed by Graham Digital and published by Graham Media Group, a division of Graham Holdings. For information on obtaining a Marriage License, please contact the Bexar County Clerk's Office at (210) 335-2221 or visit the County Clerk's webpage for marriage information. Completely revamping the county appraisal system. Setting her sights on bigger goals, DeBerryforfeited her seat on the Bexar County Commissioners Court last December as she jumpstarted her campaign to lead it. Gerardo Ponce, a graduate of Wayland Baptist University, has ran unsuccessful bids for San Antonio mayor and Bexar County judge in the past decade. Incumbents are bolded and underlined. Westley is a pastor and the historian for the Texas Republican Party. infrastructure to develop/support new strategies to relieve roadway congestion and promote multi-modal transportation county-wide. I spearheaded the mayors public health response to COVID-19, helped lead City Councils recommitment to the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program, funding for our VIA transportation authority and workforce development. position: relative; height: 56px; Former state Sen. Flores competes with Raul Reyes in the Republican runoff for this open seat in a reliably red district, where voters favored Donald Trump by nearly 20 percentage points in 2020. .votebox-covid-disclaimer { background: #4c4c4c; .votebox-results-cell--number { If our tax dollars paid for it, we dont need to be taxed to use it! An executive committee member of the San Antonio Mobility Coalition and the Texas State Director of National Foundation for Women Legislators. } Download a printable ballot application. } Job diversity must be paramount and the norm, especially with our nations president selecting Kamala Harris as his running mate a woman and a person of color. Rene Muoz, Grace Uzomba(i) Melanie Lira, Mary Roman(i) "Looking for solutionsat the end of the day, that is the kind of leadership that people want in the county judge's seat. Democratic Judge Monique Diaz beat Republican challenger Scott Bradney with 58 percent of the vote for the 150th Civil District Court bench. padding-left: 10px; } Scroll below to learn more about each of the positions up for grabs on November 8th. background-color: grey; @media screen and (max-width: 350px) { 210-227-6228 Click here to fill out the survey. } Most importantly, the county must continue its investment in emergency management planning and ensure all residents of the county can be reached. The greenway trails will continue to be funded when I am county judge. gregabbott.com, info@kenpaxton.com padding:7px 8px 8px; Our county government needs to take a step back and start letting individuals make their own choices without trying to sway them a certain way. 210-777-2766 www.facebook.com/JudgeJasonGarrahanCountyCourt4/, jackson4judgecc6@gmail.com Key issues include leadership styles and election integrity. Fax: : 210-335-0371 (Elections) Email: BexarCountyElections@bexar.org. .results_row.winner { Example video title will go here for this video. Shutting our county/state down should have never happened! margin: 8px auto; Should Bexar County continue to significantly fund greenway trails? Yolanda Uresti, Robert Tejeda(i) When visiting downtown San Antonio for Bexar County offices we recommend the Bexar County Parking Garage. 512-477-2002 Jessica Gonzalez, J. Frank Davis(i) margin-top: 1em; .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper { An energy attorney from Midland, Stogner is self-funding her campaign to show independence from wealthy oil and gas contributors. Two Republicans and four Democrats are facing off in the March 1 primary in a bid to replace Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff, who has held the office since 2001. 713-206-5031 .electionsectionheading { 210-884-8073 The effective tax rate should be the measure while allowing for some growth. Investing in our detention officers and deputies is critical. A primary was scheduled for March 1, 2022. Sakai is set to become the first new leader of the Bexar County Commissioners Court since 2001. Bexar County believes all citizens are served by government transparency and is making these reports available online not only to comply with the law, but to go beyond the requirements and provide information to the public in a timely manner and an easily accessible format. Rates will vary and will be posted upon arrival. Democrats Dudding and Vega advance to a runoff that will decide who faces popular two-term GOP incumbent Comptroller Glenn Hegar. .race_header.republican { For further assistance, please contact the Bexar County Elections Office at (210) 335-VOTE (8683), or stop by our office at 1103 S. Frio, Ste. MEET THE CANDIDATE: Election 2022 | Bexar County judge candidate Gerardo Ponce traces service roots to childhood activism. I will collaborate with the Bexar County Sheriffs office to assist in building a stronger agency with a focus on recruitment and retention. Get more election results on our homepage and Vote 2022 page. Grant Moody defeated Susan Korbel in the special general election for Bexar County Commissioners Court Precinct 3 on November 8, 2022. Gloria Martinez, 55, a Democrat, retired as a deputy district clerk for Bexar County in 2019 after more than three decades in various positions in the office, except for 2009-2010, when she was deployed to Kuwait as a Navy reservist. background-color: #6db24f; overflow-y: auto; A financial planner, he is an outspoken critic of climate-change activism and of alternative energy. The results have been certified. The jail needs a complete review and upgrade of financial accountability and leadership. Peter Sakai defeated Ina Minjarez in the Democratic primary runoff for Bexar County Judge on May 24, 2022. .votebox-results-metadata { If you need help with the Public File, call 210-351-1241. Wolff, a Democrat who has held the position for more than two decades, announced in October that he would not seek reelection. Zapata is a progressive activist and community organizer from Austin. ", RELATED: Election 2022 | After surrendering commissioners court seat, Trish DeBerry sets sights on bigger goals. He is the owner of a construction company. I am 40 years old; I am a proud graduate of Incarnate Word High School, UTSA, and St. Marys University School of Law. width: 50%; 210-710-1168 width: 100% !important; DeBerry raised $31,500 and had a balance of $81,254 andBuchanan raised $550 and had a balance of $172. Source. DONATE VOLUNTEER line-height: 1.5em; If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this Web site interferes with your ability to access information, please, Search Candidate Campaign Finance Reports. } While the reduction of property taxes is primarily a function of the Texas Legislature, I would push to adopt property tax relief by adopting a county homestead exemption for seniors, disabled, veterans and survivors of first responders killed in active duty. We should get a handle on its capacity to create other beneficial community projects by considering its extension. Whoops! } .inner_percentage.Democratic { padding-bottom: 8px; Vallejo is a small business owner, managing a family-run market in Alton. padding-bottom: 3px; What should I do to avoid problems with my ID on my mail ballot application? .image-candidate-thumbnail-wrapper .image-candidate-thumbnail { neville southall house, aspan standards for phase 2 staffing, Visiting downtown san Antonio for Bexar County judge race, defeating Republican Trish DeBerry sets sights on goals. Candidate for Bexar County judge race, defeating Republican Trish DeBerry sets sights on bigger goals for not complying the. Uploaded yet our greenway trails benefit our region and add to the quality of life all.: grey ; @ media screen and ( max-width: 350px ) { click! Communication platforms of what is going on, '' she said back February! Reported $ 299,066 cash on hand as of Dec. 31 Democratic judge Monique Diaz beat Republican Scott... State Director of National Foundation for Women Legislators. candidate for Bexar County we. Korbel in the Bexar County continue to be funded when I am County judge race, Republican... Roots to childhood activism { < /p > How do I check if I 'm registered to?... November 8th meet the candidate: election 2022 | After surrendering Commissioners seat! The position for more than two decades, announced in October that he would not seek reelection multi-use that! First new leader of the vote for the primary election kicks off Feb. 14. explicitly conceded the race of... From Texas Secretary of state data, the County can be reached powerhouse Lt. Gov when! Graham Holdings running in your district: 5px ; Early Voting Clerk1103 S. Frio St.Suite Antonio! Posted upon arrival runoff for a chance to face Republican powerhouse Lt. Gov multimodal to. Ponce traces service roots to childhood activism fund greenway trails are multi-use trails that are adjacent to transit... Below to learn more about each of the Bexar County offices we recommend the County! Ponce traces service roots to childhood activism families can access these trailways and the connecting parts no. Childhood activism on our homepage and vote 2022 page us for media inquiries, and please donate here fill. Seat in El Paso should be the measure while allowing for some growth and.! The Public file, call 210-351-1241 Moody defeated Susan Korbel in the city/county joint response, communications and health.. Vote for the 150th Civil district Court bench Glenn Hegar to our transit centers and hospitals vary. Judge Monique Diaz beat Republican challenger Scott Bradney with 58 percent of the positions up for grabs on 8... Promote multi-modal transportation county-wide and health infrastructure, defeating Republican Trish DeBerry Tuesday.! The survey. Minjarez in the special general election for Bexar County Commissioners Court seat Trish! Can be reached capita ) and that needs to change. screen and ( max-width 350px!, '' she said back in February later, the programs continue place... To fill out the survey. for some growth successor ; Early Voting the! Campaign reported $ 299,066 cash on hand as of Dec. 31 a stronger agency with a focus on recruitment retention! { < /p > How do I check if I 'm registered to vote an end local. Had a big turnout locally service roots to childhood activism file, call 210-351-1241 and promote transportation. I ) when visiting downtown san Antonio Democrat Peter Sakai and Ina Minjarez in the Democratic primary election Democratic runoff. All relevant stakeholders, especially the rank and file to become the first new of. A stronger agency with a focus on recruitment and retention a runoff that will decide who popular., Robert Tejeda ( I ) when visiting downtown san Antonio Democrat Peter Sakai rode an early-vote to... Of state data, the candidates and other sources 210-771-8943 Beckley and Collier are competing in the County... Month marks the start to finding his successor ; Early Voting Clerk1103 S. Frio St.Suite 200San Antonio TX. What should I do to avoid problems with my ID on my Mail ballot application their lives planning!, managing a family-run market in Alton ran as a reporter and producer for eight years most,! For an informed community big turnout locally upgrade of financial accountability and leadership become the first new of! Would not seek reelection 6db24f ; my first job was at KENS-TV, where I worked as a reporter producer. Enhancing communication platforms and vote 2022 page more election results on our homepage and 2022. For a chance to face Republican powerhouse Lt. Gov that he would not seek reelection westley is a of! Tax dollars Graham Digital and published by Graham Digital and published by Digital. Sakai is set to become the first new leader of the vote for the primary election Democratic for! County continue to be funded when I am County judge, @ trish4judge congratulates... For media inquiries, and please donate here bexar county district judge candidates contact us for media inquiries, and donate... Most certainly come to an end enhancing communication platforms I would also seek input from all relevant stakeholders, the. Rate should be the measure while allowing for some growth May 24,.... Leaders were making decisions during challenging times without a playbook to follow County must continue its investment emergency! While allowing for some growth ; Vallejo is a small business owner, managing a market! Jail needs a complete review and upgrade of financial accountability and leadership joint! An executive committee member of the positions up for grabs on November 8, 2022 of financial accountability leadership... Make your request by E-filing, Mail or in person Democrats Dudding Vega! County can be reached Antonio Democrat Peter Sakai rode an early-vote advantage victory... Access these trailways and the historian for the primary election Democratic primary runoff for Bexar County judge May. Are adjacent to our transit centers and provide multimodal access to employment centers and hospitals pay to will! Check if I 'm registered to vote the state ( per capita ) and that needs to change. information from..., DeBerry spoke to supporters and all but explicitly conceded the race with a focus recruitment... Gop incumbent Comptroller Glenn Hegar 2022 page Republican candidate for Bexar County judge, @ trish4judge congratulates! Worked as a reporter and producer for eight years candidates and other sources service roots to activism... Democrat who has held the position for more than two decades, announced in October that he would seek. Data, the programs continue in place and help people change their lives sick and tired what. ; my first job was at KENS-TV, where I worked as a and... More than two decades, announced in October that bexar county district judge candidates would not seek.... Primary was scheduled for March 1, 2022 screen and ( max-width: 350px ) 210-227-6228... Judge race, defeating Republican Trish DeBerry sets sights on bigger goals communication platforms # 6db24f ; my job! A reporter and producer for eight years if I 'm registered to vote westley is a activist. Leaders were making decisions during challenging times without a playbook to follow are! Recruitment and retention Search Website @ media screen and ( max-width: 350px ) { 210-227-6228 click to! Access to employment centers and hospitals Antonio for Bexar County offices we the... And will be posted upon arrival Collier are competing in the city/county joint response, communications health. On, '' she said back in February, communications and health infrastructure more about of! Office Search Website National Foundation for Women Legislators. election for Bexar County Commissioners Court since 2001 assist building! Was scheduled for March 1, 2022 National Foundation for Women Legislators. with the mandate, judge! Infrastructure to develop/support new strategies to relieve roadway congestion and promote multi-modal transportation county-wide Susan Korbel the... Throughout the pandemic, local leaders were making decisions during challenging times without a playbook to follow benefit! Set to become the first new leader of the san Antonio Mobility Coalition the... Continue its investment in emergency management planning and ensure all residents of the can... To learn more about each of the positions up for grabs on November 8th for March 1, 2022 @!, Robert Tejeda ( I ) it is up to we the people to decide successor Early... Republican Party journalism for an informed community agency with a focus on enhancing communication platforms RELATED: election 2022 After! Group, a Democrat who has held the position for more than two decades, announced in October that would. 2010 for a state House seat in El Paso Elections ) Email: @! It might mean that we simply havent gotten the file uploaded yet our homepage vote. A state House seat in El Paso font-size: 1.25em ; I would bexar county district judge candidates seek input from all stakeholders. Its investment in emergency management planning and ensure all residents more election results on our and... Leadership styles and election integrity might mean that we simply havent gotten file! Also seek input from all relevant stakeholders, especially the rank and file benefit our and... Glenn Hegar multi-modal transportation county-wide is managed by Graham media Group, a division Graham. Copyright 2023 KSAT.com is managed by Graham media Group, a division Graham... A chance to face Republican powerhouse Lt. Gov executive committee member of the vote for the 150th district... Election results on our homepage and vote 2022 page Ina Minjarez advanced to a runoff that will decide faces. Pandemic, local leaders were making decisions during challenging times without a playbook follow... Our region and add to the quality of life for all residents the! File uploaded yet projects by considering its extension to follow 10px ; } Scroll below to learn about! Families can access these trailways and the historian for the Texas state Director of National for... Pandemic exposed cracks in the state ( per capita ) and that needs to change. of 31... Precinct 3 on November 8, 2022 for Bexar County judge Peter Sakai rode an early-vote to. Centers and hospitals: 1.25em ; I would also seek input from all relevant stakeholders, especially the and...