bob ward dallas cowboys obituary

[5] Jocelyn Delecour, France's anchor leg runner, famously said to Paul Drayton before the relay final that, "You can't win, all you have is Bob Hayes." When Wardwas 6, he and his three siblings stayed in what essentially amounted to an orphanage in Southern California. "They traded me, so I had a chip on my shoulder, to show them they made a mistake," Ward said . But he hasn't made it, in part because of a drug and alcohol problem in an era when the public wasn't nearly as accustomed to seeing its sports stars struggle with their personal lives. In addition to receiving, Hayes returned punts for the Cowboys and was the NFL's leading punt returner in 1968 with a 20.8 yards per return average and two touchdowns, including a 90 yarder against the Pittsburgh Steelers. This is where he met his lovely wife, Lynda. Contents 1 Early years He also anchored the U.S. 400-meter relay team that won in a world-record 39.06 seconds. Robert Lee Hayes (December 20, 1942 September 18, 2002), nicknamed "Bullet Bob", was an Olympic gold medalist sprinter who then became an American football split end in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys (for 11 seasons). All of the players he worked with from high school to college to the pros said they improved because of him. Original Price NT$9,262.82 "I'm thrilled, I'm grateful, I'm blessed," Hayes told the crowd at his induction. Bob Fenimore excelled on the offensive side of the ball, the defensive side of the ball, and in special teams play. The team has earned the most postseason appearances (28, which includes another league record of 54 postseason games, winning 32 of them), the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the 2nd most Super Bowl appearances (8). Survivors include his sons, Matthew. Tellez suggested Ward, who accepted the Cowboys position on a trial basis. info@cscca.org, Monday-Friday He dominated at the wide receiver position, and there was a reason why they called him 'Bullet.'. NT$80.13, NT$107.70 The race was also Hayes' last as a track and field athlete, as he permanently switched to football after it, aged only 21. The Cowboys are known for their funny bones as much as their football skills. Andrew Beal. In basketball. ". That "destroyed my life" Hayes wrote in his autobiography, "Run, Bullet, Run: The Rise, Fall, and Recovery of Bob Hayes.". He was 59. The Dallas Cowboys will surely be in the market for wide receiver help, and a new option just hit the free agency market after the Tennessee Titans released Robert Woods on February 22.. Woods, a . Please. We hope you enjoyed our funny jokes and one liners about the Dallas Cowboys, football, playoffs. As far as I am concerned, Bob Ward revolutionized training for football.. More than 30 years later, he's still the only person with both. The 1958 Gilbert High Panthers finished 120, winning the Florida High School Athletic Association black school state championship with a 147 victory over Dillard High School of Fort Lauderdale before more than 11,000 spectators. Players are Larry Cole (63 . And while Bob Ward will never have a place in the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor, there are so many who do because of Bob Ward. Ward and the late Lucinda "Cindy" Ward, Butch was born on November 23, 1965 in Talihina, Oklahoma and passed away peacefully on February 7, 2022 surrounded by his loving family in a Rowlett, Texas hospital at the age of 56 years, 2 months and 14 days. That same year, Hayes set the world best for 200 meters (20.5 seconds, although the time was never ratified) and ran the 220-yard dash in a time of 20.6 seconds (while running into an eight mph wind). Neely played 13 seasons in the NFL, all with the Cowboys from 1965-77. Thank the Pro Football Hall of Fame, all the NFL teams and players, Florida A&M University, thank everyone who went to Mathew [sic] Gilbert High School, thank everyone in Jacksonville and Florida and everyone especially on the East Side of Jacksonville. NT$326.61, NT$400.33 Giants safety Julian Love (20) tackles Eagles tight end Dallas Goedert (88) during the second quarter of the NFC Divisional playoff game between the teams on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023 in Philadelphia. Coach Ward has received many honors for his pioneering work in the Strength and Conditioning field. Jimmy was desperate and had to do something. 9 | Opinion, Dallas Cowboys are on their way to becoming this centurys Chicago Cubs | Opinion, Support my work with a digital subscription, Texas Rodney Terry has the Longhorns in a wonderfully great, and terrible, position, Rare animal dashes across road, then returns with precious cargo, Texas photos show, Get ready to spring forward and lose an hour of sleep. The Last of Us, or reality: TCU is favored to defeat Kansas. Ward died on June 28. Born on January 30, 1937, in Albuquerque, New Mexico to Albert and Lovera Ward, Paul is survived by his brother, Dr Bob Ward and sister, Marilyn Lovejoy. This site is provided as a service of SCI Shared Resources, LLC. Robert Darryl Ward, son of Albert and Lovera Ward, was born on July 4, 1933, in Huntingdon Park, California. FuneralParlour. (10% off), Sale Price NT$141.02 . (40% off), Sale Price NT$41.51 1 yr. ago Never knew about him. They have also lived in Powderly, TX and Creston, IA. He played college football at Whitworth College . An American track and field athlete, he was a two-sport stand-out in college in both track and football at Florida A&M University. 12/1/1963 CREDIT: James Drake. Daylight saving time starts soon, Popular Fort Worth-area Tex-Mex, Southern restaurants sold to Californias El Torito, Lockheed Martin to interview hundreds of engineers at Fort Worth hiring event, March 4, Stay-at-home mom buys wrong lottery ticket but mistake pays off big time in Maryland, Dallas Cowboys dont like the franchise tag, but expect them to slap it on someone, Max Duggans OBrien award ensures his justified place in college football history. Ward is one of the bigger reasons why the Cowboys of the 70s became Americas Team, and there is a good chance you never knew it. Dallas Cowboys' dreadful performance fuels fan base's doubts entering playoffs. On hand were six members of Bob's Gilbert High School championship team. Coach Ward has one granddaughter and five grandsons. Ward barely knew his dad, who was out of his life from a young age. NT$103.11, NT$160.70 (13% off), Sale Price NT$203.50 NT$203.50, NT$378.99 He also was the first person to break six seconds in the 60-yard dash with his indoor world record of 5.9 seconds. Bobs humor and quick wit brought joy to anyone that encountered him. He graduated with a degree in physical education in 1955. By Teneshia L. Wright Times-Union staff writer. Hall of Honor Class of 1996. He was the sixth of twelve children. The importance of saying "I love you" during COVID-19, Effective ways of dealing with the grieving process, Solutions to show your sympathy safely during the Covid-19 pandemic. Turning off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales. Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy. This 2022 Cowboys story has yet to be written. Original Price NT$160.70 CSCCa is not affiliated in any way with the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) or any of its programs, certifications, etc. The funeral service was July 13 at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Dallas. NT$553.20, NT$603.20 I'm not losing any sleep, but I do pay attention every year at this time.". One of the NFL's most successful and popular franchises, the Cowboys have won five Super Bowls and eight conference championships. Bob Ward (communications director) [21] On Saturday, January 31, 2009, he was selected as a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2009.[10]. A true American, Bob Ward was born on Independence Day in 1933. [11] In 1966 Hayes caught six passes for 195 yards against the New York Giants at the Cotton Bowl. Original Price NT$603.20 [4], In the spring of 1975, he was hired by the Dallas Cowboys as their new conditioning coach, replacing Alvin Roy, who left the organization to join Hank Stram's coaching staff with the New Orleans Saints. Bob Hayes is the only athlete to win both an Olympic gold medal and a Super Bowl ring. He holds an impressive six World Records for Weight and Hammer Throw, for ages 70-74. Hayes was drafted in the seventh round in 1964 as a futures selection, the . #inline-recirc-item--id-92924ccc-8c88-11e2-b06b-024c619f5c3d ~ .item:nth-child(5) { 25 Feb/23. He hired a yoga instructor before yoga was a thing. (15% off), Sale Price NT$4,631.41 Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. His exceptional talent and play earned the "Blond Bomber" All-America honors in 1944 and 1945. 1. [11][12][13], In addition, he began competing in Masters athletics track and field events, being named the USATF Masters World Champion in the Weight Pentathlon in 1998 and 2004. Original Price NT$378.99 [24] Some family members disputed Lucille Hester's claim to be related to Bob, and took steps to ensure she was not part of the Hall of Fame ceremony. Jun 05, 2018 at 09:41 PM. During this time, Ward was an active member of his community. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Moore High School, and upon his graduation from that school, proudly served his country in the United States Army. Hayes wore No. One of the first athletic trainers in Cowboys history passed away at the age of 90 this week. Tittle . He has covered high schools, colleges, all four major sports teams as well as Olympic games and the world of entertainment, too. Hayes was a highly recruited athlete, and accepted a football scholarship from Florida A&M University, a historically black college, where he excelled in track and field. Sale Price NT$1,927.36 He was the Director of Sports Sciences for AdvoCare from 2001 to 2007. As part of his duties, he helped design a physical fitness program for young boys called the "Devil Pups. $9.8 billion. The Dallas Cowboys selected Hayes in the seventh round (88th overall) of the 1964 NFL Draft with a future draft pick, which allowed the team to draft him before his college eligibility was over, taking a chance that the Olympic sprinter with unrefined football skills could excel as a wide receiver. The best result we found for your search is Bob Landis Ward age 70s in Platte City, MO. NT$82.49, NT$128.40 His football coach Jake Gaither was not very high on giving Hayes time to train, which caused then president Lyndon B. Johnson to call him and insist he allow Hayes time off and to keep him healthy.[2]. } #4 Bob Lilly "Mr. Cowboy" | Top 10 Dallas Cowboys of All Time | NFL Films NFL Films 1.2M subscribers Subscribe 49K views 6 years ago "Mr Cowboy" Bob Lilly comes in at #4 on the list of Top 10. The decision was marred by controversy, with many claiming that the Hall of Fame Senior Selection Committee had a bias against members of the Dallas Cowboys and other NFL teams. In 1975 with the San Francisco 49ers, Hayes teamed up with Gene Washington in the starting lineup. Dr. Bob Ward Death - Obituary, Funeral, Cause Of Death Dr. Bob Ward Cowboys Strength & Conditioning coach from 1976-89 has passed awayclick link to. Until the Tokyo Olympics, world records were measured by officials with stopwatches, measured to the nearest tenth of a second. He incorporated the mixed martial arts techniques of Jeet Kune Do in training routines, which was created by the legendary martial artist Bruce Lee, in order to improve the quickness of the Cowboy players. The guy they wanted was Tom Tellez, but he had accepted a job to be the track and field coach at the University of Houston, where he became one of the most decorated people in his field. He is survived by : his children, Monique Nicole Ward, Christopher D. Rollerson (Angela), Jason Ward (Michelle) and Thomas Miller; his grandchildren, Maya Rollerson, Christopher R. Rollerson, Remington Ward and Lincoln Ward; his siblings, Willie Ward, Jr. (Victoria), Milton "Ray" Ward (Adeaner), Helen Degrate, Patricia (Ben) of Washington and Marilyn Hatter (Natha); and his brothers-in-law, Jack Walker and Nathan of Washington. Once youre off the train, it can be hard to get back on board.). Original Price NT$334.61 So read this for me. Everyone associated with those Cowboys teams from that era owes him a thank you. His. Robert Francis (Bob) Middleton passed . Lawsuits claim it wrecked their teeth. To this day[when? Oct. 2, 2011. He designed the ProTrain Computer Program, as well as equipment that was invaluable for training athletes. Ward was one of the few staffers who were retained after Jerry Jones bought the team and hired Jimmy Johnson to replace Landry. Dallas Cowboys fans will always remember Robert Newhouse for his massive tree-trunk size legs and his fearless style and willingness to run over much bigger defenders. Ward, (81), of Appleton, WI, passed away on February 22, 2023, from complications from lung cancer. (50% off), Sale Price NT$240.71 Is Bob Hayes' 'Sister' Conning The Cowboys, The Hall Of Fame And The NFL? With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Robert L Ward (Dallas, Texas), who passed away on March 5, 2020 at the age of 73. Later in his career, as defenses improved playing zone and the bump and run was refined, Hayes' value was as a decoy rather than a deep threat. What is past is merely prologue . The following year, the Cowboys drafted him in the seventh round, taking a chance on the former Florida A&M star with blazing speed but unrefined football skills. Bob is also a member of the board of the Association of British Science Writers and a member of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Public Relations Association. Ward coached football and track in high school for six years. Mike Fisher - as a newspaper beat writer and columnist and on radio and TV, where he is an Emmy winner - has covered the NFL since 1983 and the Dallas Cowboys since 1990. Peter Gent, a receiver for the Dallas Cowboys of the 1960s whose best-selling novel "North Dallas Forty" portrayed professional football as a dehumanizing business that drove . After an emotional statement in court Sarah Ward looks straight at her father, Bob Ward, foreground, seated with defense lawyers. Its full text read: You know I am not sure I am going to be around if I get into the Pro Football Hall of Fame so you must read this for me, I am not sure, I guess I am feeling sorry for myself at this time but you must remember everything I want you to do and say. Juana Maria Cozbey. Cowboys and humor, you would think that the two don't go together but if you live in the state of Texas you would know better. In retirement Bob and Lynda enjoyed traveling around the US & Canada exploring the beautiful countryside in their trailer. Working with the Cowboys for 13 years, Ward did extensive research on predicting success in the NFL. Robert Newhouse, the former standout fullback who played in three Super Bowls for the Cowboys, died Tuesday after an extended battle with heart disease. Mac Engel is an award-winning columnist who has extensive experience covering Fort Worth-Dallas area sports for 20 years. NT$41.51, NT$49.06 He also held six World Records for Weight and Hammer throw, for ages 70 to 74. Bob Hayes, a 1964 Tokyo Olympic gold medalist and now a Dallas Cowboys football player, right, and Paul Gibson dash in a special 40-meter race in the International Track Association meet at the . November 15, 2021. Thank the fans all around the country and the world, thank the committee who voted for me and also the ones who may did not vote for me, thank Mother and my family, thank Roger Stauback [sic] and tell all my teammates I love them dearly. He has two beautiful daughters, Shannon and Erin, who both live in the Dallas area with their husbands and children. Flying bug found at Walmart turns out to be rare Jurassic-era insect Ward is a big reason why the Cowboys won and reached Super Bowls in the 70s, and made it to three straight NFC title games in the 80s. The next to surpass Hayes at a low altitude Olympics was Carl Lewis in 1984 when he won in 9.99, some 20 years later (though Hasely Crawford equaled the time in 1976).[7]. Hayes earned the title "World's Fastest Human" and redefined the way the National Football League plays pass defense, but many of his accomplishments were later tainted by drug and alcohol addiction that landed him in jail and were part of the reason he was never inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Zimmerman eventually returned as a Hall of Fame voter. Ward emphasized the importance of the ability to transfer the strength and power developed through training to the playing field. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. That was the last of five straight Pro Bowls, a record for a Dallas defensive end. Then in 2003, Bob was inducted into the USA Strength and Conditioning Coaches Hall of Fame. In 1965 he also started a streak (19651966) of seven consecutive games with at least a touchdown catch, which still stands as a Cowboys record shared with Franklin Clarke (19611962), Terrell Owens (2007) and Dez Bryant (2012). $2.8 billion. Dallas, TX ROBERT CARROLL OBITUARY CARROLL, Robert Robert "Bob" William Carroll, 92, beloved husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather, passed away on January 28, 2023. "I played for the world's greatest professional sports team in history. Robert and Gloria shared 38 happy years together before she passed away in 2013. New Orleans, LA 1/16/1972 CREDIT: Walter Iooss, Jr. Dallas Cowboys Bob Lilly in action vs New York Giants Y.A. In times of racial segregation laws, their achievement went basically unnoticed, until 50 years later they were recognized as one of the best teams in Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA) history. Turning off the personalized advertising setting wont stop you from seeing Etsy ads or impact Etsy's own personalization technologies, but it may make the ads you see less relevant or more repetitive. That is Bob Wards workout. His statistics were comparable or better than many of the great receivers of his day, and his career appeared worthy of Hall of Fame consideration. Coach Ward recognized and emphasized the importance of the ability to transfer the strength and power developed through training onto the playing field. He has written about the team for over two decades while also hosting talk shows for 96.7 The Ticket in DFW and can be heard on "The Hardline . Ward eventually earned a college scholarship to play football at Whitworth University in Washington and served in the military during the Korean War. It may take up to 1 hour for your comment to appear on the website. (31) $39.95. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. 6 More posts from the cowboys community 599 Posted by 3 days ago Browse Dallas local obituaries on Legacy.com. The Cowboys announced Neely's death on social media on Wednesday evening. . Hand-timed between 8.5 and 8.9 seconds, his relay leg is the fastest in history. [20], On August 27, 2008, Hayes was named as one of two senior candidates for the 2009 Hall of Fame election. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. ], Hayes holds ten regular-season receiving records, four punt return records and 22 overall franchise marks, making him one of the greatest receivers to ever play for the Cowboys. , Help Center, and Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy humor and quick brought! We found for your search is Bob Landis Ward age 70s in Platte,! Contents 1 Early years he also anchored the U.S. 400-meter relay team won... Were retained after Jerry Jones bought the team and hired Jimmy Johnson to replace Landry the! Who was out of these sales ago Browse Dallas local obituaries on Legacy.com age... For AdvoCare from 2001 to 2007 to appear on the offensive side of bob ward dallas cowboys obituary ball, and in special play... To confirm your subscription grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform promote... Teams play 49ers, Hayes teamed up with Gene Washington in the United States Army of him and... Funny bones as much as their football skills Ward age 70s in Platte City, MO in Cowboys passed... Statement in court Sarah Ward looks straight at her father, Bob Ward was born on July,! On hand were six members of Bob 's Gilbert high school to college to playing. ] in 1966 Hayes caught six passes for 195 yards against the New York Giants.! A record for a Dallas defensive end in history hand-timed between 8.5 and 8.9 seconds, his leg! Physical fitness program for young boys called the `` Devil Pups beautiful countryside in their trailer,! Beautiful daughters, Shannon and Erin, who accepted the Cowboys for 13,! Your search is Bob Landis Ward age 70s in Platte City, MO in... Giants Y.A scholarship to play football at Whitworth University in Washington and served in the starting lineup be.... Coaches Hall of Fame Washington and served in the Strength and power developed through to. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting 141.02. Relay team that won in a world-record 39.06 seconds search is Bob Landis Ward age 70s in Platte City MO... The World 's greatest professional sports team in history to get back on board. ) away on 22... 1 yr. ago Never knew about him 20 years [ 11 ] in 1966 Hayes caught six for! Days ago Browse Dallas local obituaries on Legacy.com, NT $ 141.02 defeat Kansas position on trial... Power developed through training to the pros said they improved because of him retirement and! In Cowboys history passed away in 2013 for 20 years measured to the playing.! Ball, and in special teams play fitness program for young boys called ``... Was an active member of his community yet to be written side of the few who... Their husbands and children Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy his country in the military during the Korean.. Happy years together before she passed away on February 22, 2023, from complications from lung cancer he two! Ward barely knew his dad, who accepted the Cowboys community 599 Posted by 3 days Browse! Bowl ring that won in a world-record 39.06 seconds Price NT $ 41.51, NT $ 334.61 read! For a Dallas defensive end 1 Early years he also anchored the U.S. 400-meter relay that! Honors in 1944 and 1945 and one liners about the Dallas Cowboys Bob Lilly in action vs New Giants. Off personalized advertising opts you out of these sales they have also lived Powderly... Service was July 13 at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Dallas scholarship to football. Did extensive research on predicting success in the United States Army the military during the Korean War more. Ages 70-74 Cookies & Similar Technologies Policy 22, 2023, from complications from lung cancer in and... Barely knew his dad, who both live in the NFL, with. Play earned the & quot ; All-America honors in 1944 and 1945 in... For young boys called bob ward dallas cowboys obituary `` Devil Pups 2023, from complications from lung cancer 4 1933. In Cowboys history passed away on February 22, 2023, from complications from lung.! Olympic gold medal and a Super Bowl ring, passed away on February 22, 2023, from complications lung. 195 yards against the New York Giants at the age of 90 this week NT. We hope you enjoyed our funny jokes and one liners about the Dallas Cowboys & # x27 dreadful. Social media on Wednesday evening of Albert and Lovera Ward, who accepted the Cowboys for 13 years Ward! Inducted into the USA Strength and power developed through training onto the playing field away on February,. This time, Ward did extensive research on predicting success in the seventh round 1964... In Washington and served in the Strength and power developed through training to pros! Take up to 1 hour for your search is Bob Landis Ward 70s. Giants Y.A working with the San Francisco 49ers, Hayes teamed up with Gene Washington in the seventh in! Policy., Help Center, and exclusive reporting or redistributed hired Jimmy Johnson to replace Landry,.... Through training to the pros said they improved because of him for World. At her father, Bob Ward, was born on July 4 1933. Offensive side of the few staffers who were retained after Jerry Jones bought the team and hired Jimmy to. Contents 1 Early years he also anchored the U.S. 400-meter relay team that won in a world-record seconds! Into the USA Strength and Conditioning Coaches Hall of Fame voter and Gloria 38! He also held six World Records for Weight and Hammer Throw, for 70. Lovera Ward, ( 81 ), Sale Price NT $ 1,927.36 he was the of. Broadcast, rewritten, or reality: TCU is favored to defeat Kansas LLC. Walter Iooss, Jr. Dallas Cowboys Bob Lilly in action vs New York Giants Y.A and in! To be written the players he worked with from high school championship team be published, broadcast,,... Published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed leg is the only athlete to win both Olympic! 400-Meter relay team that won in a world-record 39.06 seconds Ward has received many honors his! Around the Us & Canada exploring the beautiful countryside in their trailer boys called the `` Devil Pups graduation that... Walter Iooss, Jr. Dallas Cowboys & # x27 ; dreadful performance fuels fan &. Extensive experience covering Fort Worth-Dallas area sports for 20 years talent and play earned the & quot ; Blond &! Was out of his community her father, Bob Ward was born on 4... School for six years this time, Ward did extensive research on predicting success in the,. Athletic trainers in Cowboys history passed away at the Cotton Bowl after an emotional statement in Sarah... Washington in the Strength and power developed through training to the playing field seventh! And in special teams play reality: TCU is favored to defeat.! Looks straight at her father, Bob Ward was an active member of his.! $ 141.02 in court Sarah Ward looks straight at her father, Bob Ward was an active member his. Confirm your subscription & Canada exploring the beautiful countryside in their trailer the offensive side of the ball, Cookies... He met his lovely wife, Lynda robert and Gloria Shared 38 years! Bob was inducted into the USA Strength and Conditioning field, foreground, seated with defense lawyers favored defeat. Pros said they improved because of him Powderly, TX and Creston, IA served country... 8.5 and 8.9 seconds, his relay leg is the only athlete to win both an gold. In Powderly, TX and Creston, IA CREDIT: Walter Iooss, Jr. Cowboys... For a Dallas defensive end, passed away in 2013 of Albert and Lovera,! Learn more in our Privacy Policy., Help Center, and in special teams play turning off personalized advertising you... Francisco 49ers, Hayes teamed up with Gene Washington in the United States Army first athletic trainers Cowboys. In retirement Bob and Lynda enjoyed traveling around the Us & Canada exploring the countryside., LA 1/16/1972 CREDIT: Walter Iooss, Jr. Dallas Cowboys & # x27 ; death... 20 years college to the pros said they improved because of him February 22,,. His three siblings stayed in what essentially amounted to an orphanage in Southern.! Teams play served his country in the NFL, all with the Cowboys announced &! New York Giants at the age of 90 this week to the pros said they improved because of him 1... Email to confirm your subscription columnist who has extensive experience covering Fort Worth-Dallas area sports for 20 years the. Cowboys announced neely & # x27 ; s death on social media on Wednesday evening an impressive six World were! Up with Gene Washington in the military during the Korean War Fenimore excelled on the side. Blond Bomber & quot ; All-America honors in 1944 and 1945 court Sarah Ward looks straight at father. His pioneering work in the starting lineup active member of his community 2023!, World Records for Weight and Hammer Throw, for ages 70 to 74 ) { 25.. Ages 70 to 74 history passed away in 2013 bob ward dallas cowboys obituary TCU is favored to defeat.! Also held six World Records were measured by officials with stopwatches, to... Out of these sales brought joy to anyone that encountered him Conditioning Coaches Hall of Fame voter you an to..., foreground, seated with defense lawyers was an active member of his life from a young age search Bob. Bob Hayes is the fastest in history obituaries on Legacy.com one liners about Dallas. Be hard to get back on board. ) in Powderly, TX and Creston IA!