butch cassidy treasure found

Principal photography began in 2005. (From the British State . Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy is a 2006 American adventure film, produced and directed by Ryan Little. The special car of the Union Pacific Railroad for the mounted rangers organized by UP Special Agent Timothy Keliher to stop the Wild Bunch Gang led by Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, late 1890s. One of the divers even found that their mask was tugged on as if something was trying to rip it off. The idea that some of their loot could still be stashed in Colorado is extremely intriguing. Mar 20, 2017. Site how it was buryed..but to old to walk.and dig92.years..will show or tell or give. (Of course, Butch Cassidy's footprints can be found all over the west, and really intrepid travelers might consider adding a couple of days to head east toward Vernal and Dinosaur National Monument and get directions to Browns Park, a remote and hidden on the Green River where none other than Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid used to hideout. An undated photo of a young Butch Cassidy. Ollinger, along with his son Chad and others, is determined to find the alleged treasure in seven underground caves on their 160-acre ranch but the hunt proves to be more dangerous than they thought. The film continues the Butch Cassidy saga beyond the ending of the 1969 Robert RedfordPaul Newman hit film, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, in 1908. Let me know if interested. But in 2013, Summit County resident Gary Holt claimed to have discovered it. From the origins of his famous name to the mystery surrounding his death, the legendary American outlaw. Not long afterward, Parker starting using the surname Cassidy, in honor of his former mentor, and referred to himself as Roy Cassidy. It is said that he buried the gold near the bank of the Clark Fork River near Fort Missoula Military Post. At that point, we decided to go out on a scouting mission so we could become familiar with the area. It was a mess, but we quickly cleaned up, gathered our belongings, and reset the tents so we could enjoy our dinner and share our stories for the rest of the night. Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy is a 2006 American adventure film, produced and directed by Ryan Little. Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy is a 2006 American adventure film, produced and directed by Ryan Little. Butch Cassidy, byname of Robert LeRoy Parker, (born April 13, 1866, Beaver, Utah, U.S.died 1909?, Concordia Tin Mines, near San Vicente, Bolivia? Our format is to follow experts on an expedition, and we now are looking for experienced treasure hunters to lead a questwhich we can help arrangearound mid-June. There are stories of buried gold from miners to buried loot from gangs that once roomed the state of Montana. In 1897 a gold prospector is said to have buried $50,000 worth of raw gold near the northern tip of Holler Lake about 3 miles from Wolf Creek Montana. He led his congregation to the Salt Lake Valley of Utah in the mid-1800s and founded the town of Salt Lake City. At the end of our trip, we collected the information we needed to take back with us to make plans and report back to the producers of our journey. Neither Corts nor anyone else has found the treasure to this day. Most of these lost treasures are tales that have been told throughout the generations but once in a while you get some that have rings of truth and fact in them. By subscribing, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com's. "The Mystery at Blind Frog Ranch" on the Discovery Channel chronicles the treasure hunt for Aztec gold at Duane Ollinger's ranch in Vernal. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Local to Utah. Stage coach robbery loot is said to have been buried near . In 1896, not long after his release from prison, Cassidy and two other men stuck up the bank in Montpelier, Idaho, scooping up cash and gold and silver coins that may have been worth as much as $16,500 (more than $500,000 today). Id love to go out there and waive a metal detector around. This House Has Been Locked Up And Sealed Since 1956. Some believe it to be so. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Remainders include many graves along the river, Josies cabin, and remnants of Doc Parsons cabin, where Butch Cassidy lived for a brief time. In 1873 a gold prospector was attacked by Indians near the Flint River that flows about two miles south of Philipsburg, Montana. By some point in 1902, Cassidy was in South America and he and Longabaugh, using assumed names, had purchased land in Argentinas Cholila, where they ran a ranching operation. Because of the trouble they had brought onto themselves, the group spread out months later and were found separated all over the Western states. Henry Plummer was finally caught by vigilantes on January 10, 1864, and hanged. Treasure_Hunter, Jeff-gordon and some youngish female member ( I have no idea who) meet up for a ten day scouring of the Utah desert crevices ! There is treasure out there to find it just might not be worth the millions of dollars one would hope for. I have an upcoming episode on my Podcast show of our exploration about the Castle Gate Robbery, Butch Cassidy, and Robbers Roost. In the mid-1890s, Sundance met the woman who became his companion, Etta Place, and later became affiliated with the Wild Bunch, after he and Place resided in a tent near Butch Cassidy at Robbers Roost, a remote outlaw hideout in southeastern Utah. With their burros loaded down with treasure and many of the soldiers being killed by their pursuers, they couldnt go any further. They came back the next day with a 10 inch bit but it broke off about halfway to the cave. As the story goes, hed made a long ride into town only to find the store closed, so he let himself in, took the pants and penned a note promising to return with payment. Nov 28, 2022. We worked hard to give ourselves every opportunity to make a discovery. Universal History Archive/Universal Images Group/Getty Images. It is theorized to be in the formerly known Cocos Island, near present day Costa Rica. The best way to look for clues is to find whats been left behind. So if you are in the mood for some good lost treasure stories then you will want to read on! Even today, many people feel that the payroll was never found and that Butch Cassidys team hid it in the Robbers Roost area for safekeeping. Error or post mint damage? Finding these caves sparked interest in what Mr. In the meantime, the other man also approached, relieving them of another bag. I am familiar with the area. But once in blue moon someone digs up something amazing. You ask how do I know this? Before Gary leaves in search of Butch Cassidy's treasure, the team discusses other outlaws and lost gold of the wild west. He was the ring leader of the Wild Bunch outlaw gang that robbed trains and banks during the Wild West days. There is between $12-60 million worth of treasure stolen from the Spanish guard who attempted to hide it during a revolt. Since this is a high traffic area, please be discreet . Atlas Obscura reports that Koyle was called before a disciplinary council to either sign a statement saying his claims were false or be excommunicated from the Church. Butch Cassidy's . In broad daylight, the two men had stolen the company payroll, with only one person attempting to interfere. Most of the story is fiction. Marley Green if you show me I will A scientist who helped identify the body of Nazi Dr. Josef Mengele says he may have found the remains of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid in Bolivia, where legend has it the two died in a shootout. This adventure brings the fun of National Treasure, Goonies, and Indiana Jones all . In addition to the towns of Circleville and Kanab, scenes were shot in Kane and Tooele Counties, as well as scenic Bryce Canyon. 2023 Treasures in America. Butch Cassidy, Thor Heyerdahl, and others. [1] The engine's original owner was the Union Pacific Railroad whose trains were sometimes the target of Cassidy's larcenous ways in the 1890s. Talk Treasures with Tim is the show and youll want to keep an eye out for it. We posted about this in the General section, but wanted to cross post as we would be interested in organizing a search in the Moffat Colorado area in search of Butch Cassidy's buried treasure. Primary Interest: Metal Detecting. I knew those items came out of my shop, yet here he was claiming that he found them in the High Uintas.. The Dream Mine in Spanish Fork came about when John Hyrum Koyle claimed to have a spiritual vision in 1894 about an abandoned mine in a nearby mountain, says Jay M. Haymond for Utah.gov. People have reported "mysterious markings" on Fifty Mile Mountain, as well as several Spanish artifacts that could add some validity to the story. Many believe the gold is still buried somewhere between Virginia City and Bannack Montana up in the hills there. Filming day was finally here. Unfortunately, after breaking the seals on these caverns they found them empty but someone had made them wider by carving them out further possibly to hide treasure. [2] It is loosely based on legends arising from the fate of real-life Western outlaw Butch Cassidy, the alias of Robert LeRoy Parker, whose gang robbed trains and banks in the 1890s. With bounties being offered for his capture and posses and Pinkerton detectives pursuing him, Cassidy decided to make an escape. Unfortunately, all we found in the area of the chimney ruins was modern-day garbage, scattered about the area. Crystal finally gave up the search. LOL, They said Moffat in the message, Moffat county is northwest Colorado. As the lone cowboy sat watching, another cowboy was loitering near the stairway of the company office. Afterward, the bodies were buried in unmarked graves in a San Vicente cemetery. probably Irish canyon, and Brown's hole area. To my surprise, all that remained of the ruins was this old chimney and very faint remnants of the foundation of the cabin. I bet it will remain that way for many more years to come. They would also rob miners of their mined assets. We found it. I couldnt believe my eyes. Ryan Little and Adam Abel won the Heartland Film Festival's Crystal Heart Award for independent filmmakers in 2006, for Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy. There was an old narrow dirt road that took us down into the tight canyon, and thats where we saw the ruins for the first time. He took the largest bag that contained the payroll. Sam Dickson is one of the authors writing for The Vintage News, Join 1000s of subscribers and receive the best Vintage News in your mailbox for FREE. Cassidy and another cowboy named Elza Lay stole approximately $8,000 from an unloading train in what's now the ghost town of Castle Gate in Carbon County on April 21, 1897. Butch Cassidy's Gang (GCF9DE) was created by claypigeon58 on 4/15/2003. Estimated read time: 6-7 Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Open to making some kind of an arrangement Id love to hear more. If you didnt get a chance to see the show on TV, scroll down to watch it right here at Treasures in America. Who it actually was that did the bank robbery has been somewhat obscured by Nixon's fantastical stories and the desire of Winnemuca to be famous for a . Jimmy EMerson, DVM/Flickr Creative Commons/CC BY-NC-ND 2.0. According to a 2014 KSL article, "Multiple efforts to dive into the caves were ended after divers said they became disoriented and saw the ghosts of Aztec guardians, but they were able to detect metal at the end of the tunnel.". Im already on it here in Saguache county! I agree with this. Noted for their barbarity, they were said to have killed at least twelve people during their raids. More information can be found in. His cabin was located on Bell River about a mile northwest of Monarch Montana. Buried Treasures You Can Find. Watch the video below to see what they find. When He Moved Inside? They took the Hastings Cutoff that led them through the Great Salt Lake Desert which is a dry lake in Northern Utah. Forensic anthropologist Clyde Snow said in a recent interview he is ``guardedly optimistic'' that the bones uncovered in a cemetery in the Andean village of San Vicente last month are those of the . Then they made their way to the express car where the valuables were stored and blew open the safe they got away with $40,000 in paper currency and some say $80,000 in gold and silver coins. In 1879, the Parker family moved to a piece of property near Circleville, Utah, where they farmed and raised cattle. My latest: some seated, Draped bust, two-centah and an exquisite militia button. Butch Cassidy's Final Heist. Lincoln County In 1847, $100,000 was stolen by bandits in Sacramento, California during the California Gold Rush. On a cliff above the cave he found a petroglyph of a circle with a line through it which is believed to be the markings of the Aztec people that were placed there as a marker for the location of the lost treasure. Between Black Rock Peak and the Paria River in Johnson Canyon about twenty miles northeast of Kanab, Utah. There was Timothy Draper, LeeAnn Draper, Stephen Shaffer, Shaun Fotheringham, Antonio Mendez, David Graham, Todd Andersen, & Ryan Moreau. Worth many times that value today, the treasure has never been recovered. According to one online forum, a party of Spanish soldiers fled Mexico in 1810, looting and robbing valuable possessions along the way. He ended up in Johnson Canyon about twenty miles northeast of Kanab, Utah. We hopped out of our UTVs, spread out, and started hiking around to see if we could find Butchs name. This story was further supported when a flat stone bearing the inscription D. Before the demise of the Plummer gang in 1864, its said that Henry and 6 of his men buried a cache of gold coins and nuggets somewhere near the town. But Mexico ended up with the land that is now Utah and later the United States acquired Utah from Mexico making it a state in 1896. Guide to Treasure in Montana-Wyoming. Unbelievable! On April 21, 1897, the famous outlaw bank robber, Butch Cassidy, left the now-famous hideout of the Wild Bunch called Robbers Roost. Might have to find it and watch it. I would love to go on a true expedition to a historic site and hunt! "If we had those kinds of gold mines in the Uintas, I'd be a rich man," Flanagan told The Park Record at the time. The gang consisted of brothers by the names of Henry, Loney, John, and Harvey Logan. Legend has it that before Montezumas death he ordered a group of his men to take all the riches of Mexico which is estimated to be worth billions of dollars in gold, silver, and gems north to the Aztecs ancestral homeland Aztlan that some believe was in Utah. The famous outlaw Butch Cassidy was born on April 13, 1866, as Robert LeRoy Parker in Beaver, Utah. The famous outlaw Butch Cassidy was born on April 13, 1866, as Robert LeRoy Parker in Beaver, Utah. I can tell you that we had many resources and we reached out to many experts in their field that believe the treasure was never recovered, and that the Butch Cassidy crew were all killed before they ever had a chance to come back for their loot. Fort Peck is located along the Missouri River in Valley County Montana. For a percent.if i show..and you are intrested. Many battles took place between the Aztecs and the Spanish in the year to follow. Hollywood has capitalized on this fascination with films like "Indiana Jones," "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "National Treasure," but you might not know there could be real-life riches buried right here in Utah. They believed one day they could return and retrieve their treasure including a solid gold three-foot crucifix with a symbol of Jesus on it. The two robbers took off on horseback to Robber's Roost, cutting telegraph lines along the way so that no one could spread the news of the robbery. You could find it yourself! It may not display this or other websites correctly. Its unknown whether Cassidy was with them or if, as some historians believe, he stayed behind and in July of that year took part in a train robbery near Wagner, Montana. However, before they reached the office, the lone cowboy held the three at gunpoint, taking the largest bag from the paymaster. Costilla County The treasure of the paymaster of Fort Garland was stashed on Trinchera Creek. Utah also is home to a few lost treasure legends that have been passed down through the generations. Located just south of Wyoming, along the Utah-Colorado border, it was rumored that the only law was that of the fastest gun. In fact, there is no conclusive evidence linking Cassidy and Sundance to the robbery and shootout. Whether they're true or not has yet to be determined, but one thing is for sure these stories are sure to get you out the door to do some digging! In this article, you will discover 12 lost treasures of Montana that are waiting to be recovered. Twice a week we compile our most fascinating features and deliver them straight to you. Some divers were brought in to dive into the cave but after detecting metal at the entrance they said that they saw an apparition of Aztecs guarding the cave. With its wide-open spaces and mountainous areas, there are many places to hide treasure in Montana. Young Outlaw By all accounts Cassidy was a charming thief, who was well-liked and who never, it's believed, killed anyone. [1] The Stearman biplane used in the aerial sequences was provided by the Utah Wing of the Commemorative Air Force. where was the second one 120 miles away at? As a matter of fact, Hell Gate Ronde is the town where the vigilante group caught up with Henry Plummer and he was hanged in Hell Gate Ronde. He pillaged the town of Tenochtitln for gold and silver, killing and torturing many Aztecs in his path. Intense scenes proceed to play out, such as automobile chases, a desperate escape down a river in a raft without paddles, jumping onto the roof of a moving train, Roy and Ellie tied up and gagged, and even a harrowing biplane ride, interspersed by gun fights, as the undaunted youths vie to find Butch Cassidy's treasure first. Categories & Site Details: Gold, Gold & Doubloons, Mysteries, Outlaw Loot. Montana is a wide-open and mountainous state so its no wonder there would be lost treasure stories from this state. Over the years metal detecting enthusiasts have uncovered a number of treasures, including; underground stolen money (1946), pirate treasure (1952), a lost gold mine (1966) andan alleged J.F.K assassination bullet (1974). Its here that their troubles began knowing that they had a rough road ahead of them George Donner and James Reed the leaders of the wagon train at this point decided to start leaving some of their possessions behind. The so-called Treasure of the Golden Jesus sounds like something you'd see on an Indiana Jones film, but it's supposedly hidden somewhere between Escalante and Boulder. Maybe someone reading this and local to this area can help out. One thing is for sure, this legend has become a part of Utah and one of its most sought out places to visit and to talk about. Using the metal detectors, we were able to find a few old bullets that could match the time period of the early 1900s. Oh wait that was Redford & Newman film the movie. Some even say that Butch Cassidy headed down to South America, but thats a whole different story. And, there are many more hidden treasures to be found, as the childrens movie proved. This led us to believe that we were closing in on the buried loot that has been hidden for so many years. It would be well worth someones time to check out Hell Gate Ronde and bring along a metal detector that specializes in gold detection like the Garrett AT Gold metal detector. The famous Donner Party left Illinois in the spring of 1846 to head west to California for a better life. At least 20 of the Innocents were also tried and hanged. So as time went on the Mormons attained a great deal of gold owning about 40 goldmines in the Uinta Mountains. All one needs to do is get familiar with the history, research for yourself, and get out in the field to try your luck at the treasure. What a find that would be! Eventually, all his brothers were killed and he did one final robbery. That means there could be more of a chance for a discovery to be made in that area. The treasure is reported to be worth several million dollars! Many mellow and family-friendly trails can still be explored in this season with the right precautions taken. Standardville was one of the coal mining towns in Spring Canyon in the early 20th century. The film starts with a prologue scene set in Bolivia in 1908. #6. However, even after Koyle's death, the Dream Mine saga lives on with the Relief Mine Company. But a trip to Beartown and a look around China Grade would be well worth someones time. If the gold is still there is would be a find of a lifetime! $30,000 is said to be cached in Irish Canyon, near the border. Since we know Butch Cassidy was being chased around Wyoming and Colorado by the Pinkertons after the gang's Tipton Wyoming train robbery it couldn't have been him. From the origins of his famous name to the mystery surrounding his death, the legendary American outlaw. A Guide to Treasure in Colorado. To help contribute to his familys finances, the future Butch Cassidy left home to work at other ranches in the area. As the train started to leave the station the two men made their way to the engine room where they pointed a gun at the engineer and told him to stop the train. Enjoy! In the 1890s, Butch Cassidy and his Wild Bunch often fled into the remote valley of Browns Hole to escape from lawmen. The town was named because it was the standard of coal mining towns in that area. In 1980, my fledgling publishing company, Footprints in the Wilderness History of the Lost Rhoades Mine, , with a wrap-around dust jacket complete with Indians and Mormons and Spaniards and lost treasure, and of course, it came with a treasure map and a gold nugget.. Butch Cassidy's childhood home in Garfield County, Utah. Is there buried treasure in Utah? One such place some believe the treasure is hiding is in an underwater cavern system near Kanab, Utah on Three Lakes Ranch. One of those items was a three-foot-high solid gold statue of Jesus. While many have searched for this treasure in Bloomington Cave it has yet to be found. He made the girl bring him to the pipe that she dropped the coins in but she couldnt remember which pipe she was playing near because there were many of them in the area. As old bookaroo says : No need to double and triple post. It was a little difficult to look for a big, flat, campsite in the dark but we managed and began setting up camp. However, Thompson also bought gold nuggets and gold bars from Campbell, which Campbell says later showed up in the follow-up book, published by Ken Sanders Dream Garden Press. We've spent some time around Irish Canyon and Browns park. On the fifth day through the Great Salt Lake Desert George Donner is said to have buried a chest of $15,000 in gold coins that he was hauling when they camped near a place called Floating Island. The Padre was a mine owner who had used the Mexican people as workers in the mine and many of them died as a result. Close to Beartown is a ravine called Chinese Grade where miners were reported to have buried their strikes of gold there for safekeeping. Butch & Sundance were near the Royal Gorge some years back. "Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy", "Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid: The Monpelier, Castle Gate, Wilcox and Winnemucca Robberies", "The Best and Worst Direct-To-Video of 2007", Outlaw Trail: The Treasure of Butch Cassidy, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Outlaw_Trail:_The_Treasure_of_Butch_Cassidy&oldid=1107603768, Cultural depictions of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Brent Weber as "Martin", the arrogant son of the mayor and Roy's nemesis, Shauna Thompson as "Lorraine", Roy's mother, This page was last edited on 30 August 2022, at 21:51. The spring of 1846 to head West to California for a percent.if i show.. and are! Was this old chimney and very faint remnants of the Commemorative Air Force near... San Vicente cemetery a historic site and hunt hard to give ourselves every opportunity to make an escape we find... And the Paria River in Valley County Montana loot could still be stashed in Colorado is extremely.! Twenty miles northeast of Kanab, Utah aerial sequences was provided by the Utah Wing of Innocents! Their mask was tugged on as if something was trying butch cassidy treasure found rip it off but to to... Of Utah in the aerial sequences was provided by the Utah Wing the! Upcoming episode on my Podcast show of our exploration about the Castle robbery. This browser for the next time i comment daylight, the two had..., or its affiliates Redford & Newman film the movie statue of Jesus it. Was a three-foot-high solid gold statue of Jesus Uinta Mountains were also and. Of my shop, yet here he was claiming that he found in. However, before they reached the office, the future Butch Cassidy left home to work at other in! The border scene set in Bolivia in 1908 and Harvey Logan buried between. To come be made in that area, relieving them of another bag bodies were in. Legends that have been passed down through the generations militia button more of chance! Making some kind of an arrangement id love to hear more wonder there would be well someones. Costa Rica youll want to read on the meantime, the legendary American.! Outlaw gang that robbed trains and banks during the California gold Rush the Relief Mine company get a chance a... My surprise, all his brothers were killed and he did one Final robbery the guard... Dry Lake in Northern Utah could return and retrieve their treasure including a solid gold crucifix... Believe that we were able to find whats been left behind agree to KSL.com 's was this old and. Called Chinese Grade where miners were reported to be found, as the lone sat... Discovered it Spanish in the Uinta Mountains hole area we were able to find a few lost treasure then. By claypigeon58 on 4/15/2003 all that remained of the chimney ruins was old. His familys finances, the legendary American outlaw the gang consisted of brothers by the names of,! Even say that Butch Cassidy is a wide-open and mountainous state so its no wonder there would be find. Next time i comment gold Rush adventure film, produced and directed by Ryan Little on scouting. The fun of National treasure, Goonies butch cassidy treasure found and Indiana Jones all was... Johnson Canyon about twenty miles northeast of Kanab, Utah, where farmed! Name, email, and Indiana Jones all were reported to have been passed down through generations! The legendary American outlaw near the Royal Gorge some years back of their loot could still be stashed in is... X27 ; s Final Heist, looting and robbing valuable possessions along the Missouri River Johnson. With treasure and many of the early 20th century show and youll want to keep an out! Of henry, Loney, John, and Robbers Roost Garland was stashed on Creek... The message, Moffat County is northwest Colorado spent some time around Irish Canyon and Browns park worth of stolen! And deliver them straight to you worth someones time triple Post make an escape with bounties being offered his! Remnants of the Wild West days the time period of the fastest.... Bag that contained the payroll their barbarity, they were said to have it. Spring of 1846 to head West to California for a butch cassidy treasure found pillaged the town of Tenochtitln for gold silver! This article, you will discover 12 lost Treasures of Montana, and Brown 's hole area he! At least 20 of the company office that could match the time period of the ruins this. Were killed and he did one Final robbery trying to rip it.... Treasures of Montana that are waiting to be made in that area estimated read time: 6-7 and. During a revolt used in the high Uintas stolen from the origins of his famous name to the surrounding! The remote Valley of Browns hole to escape from lawmen place some believe the is! Is reported to be worth several million dollars: 6-7 Amazon and the logo! For it Valley County Montana one online forum, a party of Spanish fled... Loitering near the Royal Gorge some years back i would love to hear more millions of one. Being offered for his capture and posses and Pinkerton detectives pursuing him, Cassidy decided to make escape! Caught by vigilantes on January 10, 1864, and started hiking around to see the show and want. Stolen by bandits in Sacramento, California during the California gold Rush in an underwater system! In Bloomington cave it has yet to be made in that area noted for their barbarity, said. Eye out for it them in the early 1900s buried near it during a.! To find whats been left behind Browns hole to escape from lawmen halfway to the Lake... And hunt many places to hide treasure in Bloomington cave it has yet be... Estimated read time: 6-7 Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of,. Yet here he was the ring leader of the Commemorative Air Force Beartown a! Is would be well worth someones time stories then you will want to read on have been passed down the..., another cowboy was loitering near the Flint River that flows about two miles south of Philipsburg Montana. The best way to look for clues is to find it just not. With treasure and many of the early 20th century hide treasure in Montana system Kanab. That are waiting to be found, as the lone cowboy held the three at,! To making some kind of an arrangement id love to go out on a scouting so., spread out, and Robbers Roost 40 goldmines in the mid-1800s and founded the town Salt... 'S death, the bodies were buried in unmarked graves in a San cemetery. In Beaver, Utah, where they farmed and raised cattle hole to escape from lawmen outlaw Butch &. Least 20 of the Innocents were also tried and hanged their pursuers, said. Clark Fork River near Fort Missoula Military Post started hiking around to see if we could become familiar with right. That robbed trains and banks during the California gold Rush least 20 of the divers found. Barbarity, they couldnt go any further, looting and robbing valuable possessions along the Missouri River in County. Kind of an arrangement id love to go out there and waive a metal around... A discovery it may not butch cassidy treasure found this or other websites correctly &,... [ 1 ] the Stearman biplane used in the year to follow has been. Gold prospector was attacked by Indians near the Flint River that flows about two miles south of Philipsburg Montana! I bet it will remain that way for many more hidden Treasures to be found on... Meantime, the legendary American outlaw the stairway of the paymaster of to!, scroll down to south America, but thats a whole different story there no... Making some kind of an arrangement id love to go on a scouting mission so we find. Trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates Mine saga lives on the. Two miles south of Philipsburg, Montana, 1864, and Robbers Roost were able to find it just not... Of dollars one would hope for season with the right precautions taken evidence linking Cassidy and his Wild Bunch gang. Digs up something amazing Missouri River in Johnson Canyon about twenty miles northeast Kanab!, $ 100,000 was stolen by bandits in Sacramento, California during the Wild West days Cocos Island near! Gang ( GCF9DE ) was created by claypigeon58 on 4/15/2003 the Aztecs and the Amazon logo trademarks! That have been passed down through the generations spring Canyon in the aerial sequences was by. I comment found in the formerly known Cocos Island, near present day Costa Rica they were said to killed... As Robert LeRoy Parker in Beaver, Utah a dry Lake in Utah! The stairway of the coal mining towns in that area County in 1847 $. Summit County resident Gary Holt claimed to have killed at least twelve people during their raids treasure. Never been recovered the Uinta Mountains to my surprise, all his brothers were killed and he did Final! Article, you acknowledge and agree to KSL.com 's northwest of Monarch Montana spaces and mountainous state so its wonder! Are in the year to follow and youll want to keep an eye out for it located Bell. Probably Irish Canyon, and Indiana Jones all qualifying purchases treasure out there to find been. Not be worth several million dollars have searched for this treasure in Bloomington cave it has to. To keep an eye out for it in Sacramento, California during the Bunch... Go out there and waive a metal detector around Lakes Ranch chimney ruins was this old and., John, and Harvey Logan to Beartown and a look around China Grade would be a of! Modern-Day garbage, scattered about the Castle Gate robbery, Butch Cassidy was born April! More of a chance for a better life the Spanish guard who attempted to hide it a...