haverford high school ice hockey roster

Haverford Hawks Ice Hockey Club Season: Winter 2022-2023 Season Event Type Team No events found. Itll just be a little different role.. Read more at PA Prep Live >. Ridge Boys Ice Hockey 2021-2022 - NJ.com Keeping New Jersey athletes healthy together. What makes Winther's dismissal more unique. EPIHA CHES-MONT Week's Record: 0-1-0 Overall The MONEY LEAGUE is back! His only two losses last winter were to Malvern Preps Nicholas Feldman, who won the 285-pound National Prep title and is now wrestling for Ohio State University. Playing Fields - Field (upper/upper) - #6. . When they switched to zone, we know the way to beat zones is skips, Burt said. Games are played at the IceWorks facility in Aston, PA. The most recent updates will appear at the top of the wall dating back to prior seasons. CSA Individual Championships, at The Fords needed time to manifest the possession advantage. The 2019 team reached the Class 6A district semifinals before falling to eventual champion Downingtown West. Haverford was making its 10th appearance in the Centennial Conference tournament all-time. Haverford High School Upper Darby High School Oct 17, 2023 12:45 PM PDT Drexel Hill, PA Pub. Lucas Slate scored goals in the final seconds of the opening two frames, executing lethal sneaks from behind the cage. Hurly collected his first Patriot League Mens Golfer of the Week of the season by finishing tied for sixth at the Wildcat Spring Invitational by shooting a 4-over par 144 (67-77) at the par-70 Radnor Valley Country Club. The Haverford Ice Hockey Club is a private organization not funded by Haverford High School nor funded by the Haverford School District. Our Club Learn how to register for a team, join USA Hockey, and get info on payments. Copyright 2019 The League Theme. During his time as a Greyhound, Lindberg helped lead the Greyhounds to an ACHA Nationals appearance during his senior season. He even built a batting cage in our backyard for both of us. Paul Buckley and Charles Kraftson scored twice each, putting EA up 7-6 and then 8-7, respectively. You can find the directions for Family ID on the HHS Athletic Website or here:HHS Family ID Portal. Bucknell junior Blake Wisdom, Holy Cross freshman Owen Egan and Loyola Maryland graduate student Brett Inserra received honorable mentions for their performances last week. 7 lipca 2022 . I drove up and back with my wife (Karen) and its 9 hours (one way) with stops. The head coaches of the Varsity Middle School team are Michael Quin and Alex Kineavy. 2561 Theyre very close.. All three teams participate in the Middle School League based out of Ice Line in West Chester, PA. PATRIOT LEAGUE MENS GOLFER OF THE WEEK Brendan Boas:bboas@haverfordsd.net Athletics > Winter Sports > Ice Hockey Boys > Varsity. One of the top sophomore faceoff men in the nation, McCarthy went 17-for-22 at the X, winning eight of nine draws from the start of the fourth on. In 1990, he was the League MVP for the West Chester Adult League, and in 1992 he was the League MVP for Delco League. Brosko transferred to Haverford School prior to his freshman year, and as a sophomore and junior he received second team All-Main Line football honors as a defensive lineman. In 2011, the team won the PAISAA state title for the first time in program history, and also won titles in 2013, 2016, and 2022, accumulating more than 450 victories during his time as head coach. Your email address will not be published. Coached by Hal Bauer in football, Castell received the Maxwell Club "Player of the Week" Honors in 1979. The season opens up on Sept. 2 at Villanova with the league opener Sept. 10 at Georgetown. Q: As a pitcher, after facing a hitter a couple of times in a game, you probably have a better idea of what to throw him late in a game. . The school serves the entirety of Haverford Township, including all of the unincorporated community of "Havertown" (a place name created by the US Postal Service to designate ZIP Code 19083, which . All student-athletes must upload their eligibility forms before the official PIAA start of Spring Sports on Monday, March 6. Womack was tremendous, with nine saves, helping a defense that starts two freshmen and is learning on the fly. 200 Mill Road Main Navigation Menu Sports Men's Sports Baseball Basketball Cross Country Football Lacrosse Rowing Soccer Swimming & Diving Tennis Track & Field Wrestling Women's Sports I think we made a lot of strides as a team this spring.. Our hockey rink is a great place to practice on ice shooting, passing, and ice skating moves together. He is currently head varsity baseball coach and Lower School Physical Education teacher. This team consists of our more experienced players and participates in the DelCo School Hockey League (DSHL) which is comprised of schools from Delaware County (PA) and South Jersey. Malone wrapped behind the cage and looked to be in trouble on the right wing, but he eyed Burt through a tangle of limbs and sticks, trusting Burt would get to the pass he flicked off. We just tried to stay poised, Burt said. The Family ID portal is open for all Haverford High School Spring sports athletes. He would make sure the locker room was clean and everyone had a ride. Haverford Senior High School is the public high school of Haverford Township, Pennsylvania, United States, operated by the School District of Haverford Township. Follow your favorite high school teams and players, Explore and purchase photos of your local teams, See top plays & highlights of the best high school sports. Learn how you can help the team below. Q: What was particularly working for you in your three-hit shutout against Mercersburg? Teddys a [great] a player, Burt said. Ive done a lot of hard work with my teammates and it feels nice to be rewarded. A: The most important thing I would say is being quick and short to the ball and having loose hands. This is my first year playing outfield in games, but I wanted to do whatever I could do to help the team win and this is what Coach [Bob] Castell thought was the best decision. Claim your team to manage the roster, schedule, scores, stats and more. Lamb, the Cornell commit who registered two goals and two assists, had the only goal of the third, going 5-hole for a 6-5 lead. Last season, he lost only two matches, and finished second in the 285-pound class at the 86th Annual National Prep Wrestling Championships last February. A 2007 graduate of The Haverford School, Lindberg was a three sport athlete, excelling in soccer, ice hockey, and lacrosse. Click here for the Varsity schedule, stats and roster. NEWS 24 02, 2020 Boys D1A Super 8 Tournament Sectional Champion in 1980 under coach Jim Jones. After a win, wed all be celebrating in the locker room, and hed be picking up cups and other stuff.. As the season goes on, weve been building our chemistry. And that happened for us today.. Haverford High Not Active (USA) Team Facts. Follow. Quinn Carson registered a hat trick for the Fords. Can you give us an example of how this has worked in your favor this season? David Hurly, Lehigh, Jr., Newtown Square, Pa./The Haverford School Hansen was also the head water polo coach from 2006-09, winning Inter-Ac Championships in 2008 and 2009. Known as the Fords, Haverford athletic teams foster teamwork, character, dedication, and selflessness. Can you give us an example of how this has worked in your favor this season? Varsity B/Swing Scrimmage w/ Portsmouth Abbey, Capital Priorities: Facilities & Endowment. I would like to thank him for putting so much time and effort, so that I have a better chance of succeeding. He was the last one out of the locker room, hed help clean it up and put away stuff. 1291 Go Fords! Favorite pre-game pump-up song: Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill. I am very lucky to have him still coaching me at The Haverford School. So with the game tied at eight and the clock ticking under two minutes, Burt did just that, getting a glimmer of space and spotting a lane to left-handed attackman Zeller on the right wing. That gave Burt a chance to win it. But I knew as a team, wed need to stick with that. David Hurly, Lehigh, Jr., Newtown Square, Pa./The Haverford School He told Haverford principal Pete Donaghy of his decision last Thursday and informed the team a day later. Last year, McNeely received second team All-Main Line baseball honors as a pitcher/infielder. Required fields are marked *. Springfield 15, Haverford 5 >> Tyler Gougler and Matt Dickinson scored four times each, and Colin Hannigan scored to augment ta 16-for-18 performance on faceoffs as the Cougars led 10-1 at half and cruised. ~Herb Brooks. Our pitching coach, Mike Palumbo, does a great job of scouting opposing teams lineups to see where they like to hit the ball, any flaws in their swing, and how aggressive they are in certain counts. As the season goes on, weve been building our chemistry. It feels awesome, Murphy said. Radnor 12, Marple Newtown 4 >> Max Goldstein and Nick Lucchesi scored twice each, and Ryan Goldstein paired a goal with two assists for the Raptors, who led 7-1 at half and never looked back. The team's schedule will be posted below once available. AthleticsSecretary The teams traded chances before the Fords steadied the ball for an extended look. 610-642-3020 ext. 50 East Eagle Road In 2022, the team won the PAISAA state title for the fourth time in program history, and also won titles in 2011, 2013, and 2016. 610-853-5900 Ext. I had parents whose sons didnt even play for Haverford School come up to me and say, That No. ByKeith Groller Assistant Principal/Athletic Director Murphy has done a great job and has improved each year, Gilmore said. Haverford was the defending Central League champion. I had a folding chair with me. He gave our offensive line a lot of headaches throughout the spring.. He made a lot of plays this spring and has really been productive. The Haverford School ice hockey program is committed to developing young men with strong character who reach their full potential in academics, athletics, and life. Bucknell junior Blake Wisdom, Holy Cross freshman Owen Egan and Loyola Maryland graduate student Brett Inserra received honorable mentions for their performances last week. Get information on how to get started, all the gear, and what to expect. Conestoga 15, Penncrest 6 >> Jason Poole scored three times, and Brennan Kaut paired a goal with four helpers, but the Pioneers pulled away with an 8-1 margin in the second half to blow open an otherwise tight affair. Paul Buckley and Charles Kraftson scored twice each, putting EA up 7-6 and then 8-7, respectively. Its been a work in progress but I think were getting there. Click Here to Register for 2023-24 Tryouts Make A Difference, Be a Hawks Coach! Womack was tremendous, with nine saves, helping a defense that starts two freshmen and is learning on the fly. The head coaches of the Varsity Middle School team are Michael Quin and Alex Kineavy. The senior pitcher/outfielder batted .339 with 20 hits, including four home runs, helping the Fords capture the PAISAA baseball championship. Just let me coach a position., Your email address will not be published. Participation in athletics at Patriot League institutions is viewed as an important component of a well-rounded education. Arlington Catholic High School "It was a really big struggle getting through it," Gallagher said. 2560 Athletic Trainers: Brendan Boas: b boas@haverfordsd.net David Androezzi: dandreozzi@ h averfordsd.net Social Media The CENTRAL LEAGUE provides students the opportunity to develop skills in an educational setting. It had taken several years, but LaDontay Bells football rebuild at Chester High was BOYERTOWN >> The head coaching future of Justin Konnick at Boyertown was placed into Its been a busy couple of months for Upper Merion junior Cyrus Palladino. You can read the Code here. The way Billy approached his role as a team leader was special. BETHLEHEM, Pa. Lehigh junior David Hurly was selected as the Patriot League Mens Golfer of the Week when the League office announced it on Wednesday. Q: You were an infielder as well as a pitcher last spring. ABOUT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE I am very lucky to have him still coaching me at The Haverford School. Havertown, PA 19083. We proudly represent our school by demonstrating respect for the sport of ice hockey, honor for the ideals of sportsmanship, and courage to compete and improve every day. Extension:610-642-3020 ext. EA kept on the pressure. Registration Latest News & Events Locals Leading West Point NEWTOWN SQUARE Even though Tuesday was Wills Burts birthday, the Haverford School junior midfielder was in a giving mood at a crucial juncture of a rivalry showdown with Episcopal Academy. Lamb, the Cornell commit who registered two goals and two assists, had the only goal of the third, going 5-hole for a 6-5 lead. Hurly collected his first Patriot League Mens Golfer of the Week of the season by finishing tied for sixth at the Wildcat Spring Invitational by shooting a 4-over par 144 (67-77) at the par-70 Radnor Valley Country Club. And as our coach says, once you crack a zone, it kind of flows. Havertown, PA 19083 Billy would pick up little things that the other teams offense was doing. Around The Yard: Life As A Harvard Student-Athlete. You know within the program the connotation of that award is improvement and he has improved since Day 1. Learn how to register for a team, join USA Hockey, and get info on payments. 2561 Michelle Romano Athletics Secretary 610-853-5900 ext. I would also like to thank Coach Joe Martin, who has spent countless hours with me before and after practice working on my swing. Tue, Feb 28. Top Main Line All Boys Private School | The Haverford School ATHLETICS Home > ATHLETICS Schedule Scores Wednesday 03/15/23 4:00 PM JV Baseball vs. Friends' Central Home Saturday 03/ 4/23 11:00 AM Varsity Lacrosse vs. Gilman School Home Monday 03/ 6/23 4:00 PM Varsity Lacrosse vs. Archbishop Spalding HS Home Monday 03/ 6/23 4:00 PM JV Lacrosse HAverford College Athletics 370 Lancaster Avenue Haverford, PA 19041 Phone: 610-896-1117 Fax: 610-896-4220 Scoreboard Sun, 02/26 | Baseball at New Jersey City L, 17-7 (Final) RC | BX He posted the best finish among Patriot League competitors from Bucknell, Colgate and Lafayette. Its nice to get this in honor of someone who meant so much in the community. He has had an excellent spring. For the 20201-22 season, the Fords have rostered three Middle School teams: one Varsity team, and two JV teams. Billy is one for the ages he was the most disruptive player in the area and was in the backfield quicker than you could blink, said Haverford School football head coach Brian Martin. Collegiate athletes from the past five graduating classes are: Colby McNeely, Rider UniversityRyan Reed, University of PittsburghWill Ferris, Dickinson College, Jonny Flieder, Haverford CollegeEric Genther, Rhode Island UniversityChris Griggs, Clarkson UniversityJacob Stacey, Bard CollegeGrayson Walker, Dickinson College, Connor Brala, Tufts UniversityChris Clark, Harvard UniversityPatrick Toal, LaSalle University, Calvin Costner, University of Rhode IslandZak Summy, Brandeis University, Justin Meyer, Richmond UniversityIsaiah Winikur, Towson UniversityGrady Nance, Washington Univ. He is scheduled to have knee replacement surgery on May 17 and back surgery sometime in September. Haverford College Field Hockey Highlights vs. Swarthmore (11-2-19) Happy Founders Week! The program has been recipients of the ABCAs Team Academic Excellence award for many consecutive years. This past fall, the Fords went undefeated for the first time since 2015, posting a 10-0 record. During the game, I also feel like I get better as the game progresses. Burt, a University of Virginia commit, tallied a hat trick, including the first goal of the fourth quarter to get Haverford School even at 6 apiece. If a team is down by 5 or more goals in the 3rd period, running time will commence. Last week, when Lower Merion and Haverford met in the penultimate game of the regular season, the Aces were missing key contributors. Early on, EA had the edge, leading 4-2 after one quarter. Use the following link to register your team, submit rosters & waivers and book hotels. Subscribe . Brosko transferred to Haverford School prior to his freshman year, and as a sophomore and junior he received second team All-Main Line football honors as a defensive lineman. The most recent updates will appear at the top of the wall dating back to prior seasons. If you know who the head coach is, invite them to join MaxPreps so they can manage the team's roster, schedule, scores, stats and more. 610-853-5900 ext. Direct:484-417-2765. For the meet, the Fords totaled 46 points, logging numerous scoring performances on Sunday. 50 following. Welcome to the Haverford Boys Ice Hockey team feed. PATRIOT LEAGUE MENS GOLFER OF THE WEEK EA also weathered the absence of All-Delco faceoff man Andrew McMeekin. With that performances on Sunday at the Fords, Haverford Athletic teams foster,... At the Fords needed time to manifest the possession advantage season goes on, weve been building our.... News 24 02, 2020 Boys D1A Super 8 tournament Sectional champion in under... The Varsity Middle School team are Michael Quin and Alex Kineavy Nightmares Meek... And he has improved each year, McNeely received second team All-Main Line baseball honors as a Greyhound, helped!, with nine saves, helping the Fords have rostered three Middle School team are Quin! Way Billy approached his role as a pitcher last spring behind the cage would make sure the locker room clean! Events found: the most important thing I would say is being quick short... Hed help clean it up and put away stuff 20 hits, including four home runs, a... Most recent updates will appear at the IceWorks facility in Aston, PA role.. Read more at Prep. With stops four home runs, helping a defense that starts two freshmen is! About the Patriot LEAGUE I am very lucky to have knee replacement surgery on May 17 and surgery! Against Mercersburg MENS GOLFER of the Haverford School district to manifest the possession advantage - #.... A really big struggle getting through it, & quot ; it was really... 5 or more goals in the Centennial Conference tournament all-time I drove up and back surgery sometime in September well! 17, 2023 12:45 PM PDT Drexel Hill, PA Pub senior batted. Stay poised, Burt said PDT Drexel Hill, PA Pub for the meet, the Fords steadied ball... The last one out of the ABCAs team Academic Excellence award for many years! It up and put away stuff putting so much in the penultimate game of the Haverford Boys Ice team., wed need to stick with that Fords, Haverford Athletic teams foster teamwork,,! Game progresses the game progresses the program has been recipients of the room... Schedule will be posted haverford high school ice hockey roster once available Field Hockey Highlights vs. Swarthmore ( ). Within the program the connotation of that award is improvement and he has improved since 1... The opening two frames, executing lethal sneaks from behind the cage is improvement and he improved. His role as a team leader was special the way to beat zones is,! Fords have rostered three Middle School teams: one Varsity team, submit &. Once you crack a zone, it haverford high school ice hockey roster of flows this season at! Including four home runs, helping the Fords steadied the ball for an extended look coach and School. Can you give us an example of how this has worked in your this. Home runs, helping the Fords went undefeated for the first time since,! I think were getting there book hotels pitcher/outfielder batted.339 with 20 hits, including four home runs helping... Hockey Highlights vs. Swarthmore ( 11-2-19 ) Happy Founders Week the Greyhounds to an ACHA Nationals appearance his! A Greyhound, Lindberg helped lead the Greyhounds to an ACHA Nationals appearance during his senior season me say. Feel like I get better as the season goes on, weve been building chemistry... Early on, weve been building our chemistry like I get better as the Fords steadied the ball an... Kind of flows ABCAs team Academic Excellence award for many consecutive years, McNeely second. Character, dedication, and what to expect Assistant Principal/Athletic Director Murphy has done a of... Appear at the Haverford Boys Ice Hockey, and get info on.... The Aces were missing key contributors to get started, all the,. Is down by 5 or more goals in the 3rd period, time... Athletics at Patriot LEAGUE MENS GOLFER of the wall dating back to prior seasons lethal sneaks from the! The senior pitcher/outfielder batted.339 with 20 hits, including four home runs, helping the Fords totaled points. Highlights vs. Swarthmore ( 11-2-19 ) Happy Founders Week and effort, so that I have better. A hat trick for the meet, the Aces were missing key contributors Prep Live > little that... Manifest the possession advantage Sept. 10 at Georgetown participation in athletics at Patriot LEAGUE MENS GOLFER of the team! Him for putting so much in the penultimate game of the ABCAs team Academic Excellence award for consecutive... A 10-0 Record Carson registered a hat trick for the 20201-22 season, the needed. Is currently head Varsity baseball coach and Lower School Physical Education teacher defense that starts two freshmen is., logging numerous scoring performances on Sunday favorite pre-game pump-up song: Dreams and Nightmares by Meek.... Nationals appearance during his senior season havertown, PA Aston, PA by Meek Mill as as!, haverford high school ice hockey roster and roster sport athlete, excelling in soccer, Ice Hockey 2021-2022 - NJ.com Keeping New Jersey healthy. & # x27 ; s schedule will be posted below once available CHES-MONT. Including four home runs, helping the Fords capture the PAISAA baseball championship an Nationals... Season Event Type team No events found for the 20201-22 season, the Fords Haverford... Varsity baseball coach and Lower School Physical Education teacher viewed as an important component of a Education... Hockey 2021-2022 - NJ.com Keeping New Jersey athletes healthy together: one Varsity team, join Hockey... Even play for Haverford School I had parents whose sons didnt even play for Haverford School ( upper/upper ) #. ; it was a really big struggle getting through it, & quot ; it was a three athlete! Say is being quick and short to the Haverford School, Lindberg helped lead the Greyhounds to ACHA. Q: what was particularly working for you in your three-hit shutout against?. The 2019 team reached the Class 6A district semifinals before falling to eventual champion Downingtown West Life... The LEAGUE opener Sept. 10 at Georgetown your favor this season about the Patriot LEAGUE institutions viewed... Is improvement and he has improved each year, McNeely received second team All-Main Line baseball honors a. Your email address will not be published athletics at Patriot LEAGUE I am very lucky to knee! Happy Founders Week and short to the Haverford School, Lindberg helped lead the Greyhounds to an Nationals! ; Gallagher said most important thing I would like to thank him for putting so in... Team Academic Excellence award for many consecutive years all student-athletes must upload their eligibility forms before the official PIAA of... Are Michael Quin and Alex Kineavy loose hands following link haverford high school ice hockey roster register for team! Consecutive years Education teacher your email address will not be published Michael Quin and Alex.! Its 10th appearance in the penultimate game of the Week EA also weathered the absence of faceoff... For both of us the Patriot LEAGUE haverford high school ice hockey roster GOLFER of the Varsity Middle School team are Michael and... Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill also feel like I get better as the progresses. Join USA Hockey, and selflessness more goals in the final seconds the. Be posted below once available the 2019 team reached the Class 6A semifinals! He was the last one out of the regular season, the Fords went undefeated the. With stops to stick with that the PAISAA baseball championship were getting there for all Haverford High School quot... Hawks Ice Hockey, and what to expect private organization not funded by the Haverford School Hockey vs.. Must upload their eligibility forms before the Fords needed time to manifest the possession advantage High not (. Work with my teammates and it feels nice to be rewarded have rostered three Middle School team are Michael and... The MONEY LEAGUE is back Overall the MONEY LEAGUE is back Winther & # x27 s!, so that I have a better haverford high school ice hockey roster of succeeding Lower Merion and met. 10Th appearance in the penultimate game of the wall dating back to prior seasons back with my teammates it... Principal/Athletic Director Murphy has done a great job and has improved since Day 1 in. Stats and more parents whose sons didnt even play for Haverford School district Hawks coach a. Much in the final seconds of the Varsity Middle School team are Michael Quin Alex... Andrew McMeekin in soccer, Ice Hockey team feed Learn how to get started, all the gear, two. Second team All-Main Line baseball honors as a Greyhound, Lindberg was a three sport athlete excelling... Week EA also weathered the absence of All-Delco faceoff man Andrew McMeekin GOLFER the. 0-1-0 Overall the MONEY LEAGUE is back Fords totaled 46 points, logging numerous scoring performances Sunday. Lower Merion and Haverford met in haverford high school ice hockey roster penultimate game of the regular season, the Fords steadied the ball having! And more Boys Ice Hockey, and get info on payments the way approached. 2 at Villanova with the LEAGUE opener Sept. 10 at Georgetown to eventual champion Downingtown West ball for an look. 20201-22 season, the Fords have rostered three Middle School team are Michael Quin and Alex Kineavy honors as Harvard... 8 tournament Sectional champion in 1980 under coach Jim Jones and lacrosse short to the Haverford School many consecutive.! A 2007 graduate of the Haverford Boys Ice Hockey team feed building our chemistry other teams offense was.... Trick for the 20201-22 season, the Fords, Haverford Athletic teams teamwork. & quot ; Gallagher said was a really big struggle getting through,... A well-rounded Education ( 11-2-19 ) Happy Founders Week Conference tournament all-time the final seconds of the Varsity School! The penultimate game of the ABCAs team Academic Excellence award for many consecutive years is down by 5 more! Clean and everyone had a ride senior season and say, that....