magwell for 1911 double stack

Guuun 1911 Magwell Grips Full Size 1911 G10 Grips Aggressive Sunburst Texture H3-S. MADE IN THE USA! If you have always loved the slick lines of the 1911 platform but limited capacity held you back, here is your chance to get the best of both worlds. More weight means less recoil. Some blending may be required. This is a block of extra material in a key location at the rear of the magwell, which allows a seamless, gap-free blend with the pistol. Rock Island Armory M1911 A2 FS Tactical 5 inch 9mm, series 70. Maku mozo! I run a Dawson magwell on my STI Trojan Single Stack's for competition. Good stuff! The eXperior system uses the EDC 9 magazine that Wilson developed for their modern carry pistol. Looked all over for a main spring housing and Mag well flare to upgrade my Sig 1911 RTSS. Stan Chen Custom will directly supply and install the Gen2 Magwell on any quality, customer supplied 1911, with impeccable craftsmanship and reasonable turnaround time. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Its magwell opening is also slightly larger at the rear of the funnel than the Gen1. To me, its just more 1911 to love. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 2 of 2 Posts . Chambers makes geometry changes to the classic 1911 double stack magazine frame. $11.99 $18.99 -25% Guuun 1911 Grips G10 Fit Full Size Government and Commander 1911 Me. Other than the changes required to make a double stack magazine fit, it's still a 1911. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. The Staccato P makes the list as one of the most approved for duty use double stacks 1911s out there. Basepads for Chip McCormick Power Mags also worked well, although basepads for Wilson Combat needed some fitting. Since then, the industry and has grown, and double-stack 1911s are seeing acceptance in all realms. Im personally gonna roll with 9mm if I had to choose. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, 1306 W. Trimble Avenue, Berryville, AR 72616, Aircraft Grade Solid Billet Aluminum Grip, Texture and Profile Matched MSH for 360 deg. On our magwell, the entry angle constantly changes, and is optimized, at every point along the contour of the front of the funnel. I BEEN CARRYING 1911"s FOR OVER 40 YEARS. The PHAT WMG is a true custom gun outfitted with Chamber Custom parts almost exclusively. My little Sig Sauer P365 holds more rounds and is less than half the size. Really helps with barrel nut removal when cleaning. The DP Ice Magwell dominates Action Shooting, and if you shoot a single stack, now you can find out why. Made from G10 T he Slash and Burn pattern on these grips provide a secure grip and are sure to dress up your favorite Rock Island pistol. 2.) Even compared to normal 1911s, they are rare. Rock Island 17 Round 9mm 75 Detachable Magazine, Black - 45204 . A slab slide 1911 slide mates perfectly with the CZ 75 frame and allows for a railed option. Remington 1911 R1 Tactical Double Stack 45 ACP 5" Barrel, 15rd Mag From $999.99 in 3 stores Caliber: .45 ACP Capacity: 15+1 Barrel Length: 5" Rounds: 15 (0) Remington 1911 R1 Limited Double Stack 9mm 19+1 Round Pistol, Satin Black Oxide - 96713 From $1,127.88 in 3 stores Caliber: 9mm Luger Capacity: 19+1 Barrel Length: 5" Rounds: 19 (0) $33.98. Wilson Combat developed the TRAK texture and its lives on the eXperior compact as well. With the addition of the Chen Magwell, the pistol is the same length as it was in its stock state. free shipping on orders over $250 for members / excluding firearm shipments, Free Member Shipping PHAT WMG is a mouthful and sounds like early 90s slang, but its an acronym. What you cant see is the WAVE frame rail clearance cuts. Greatly increases magazine well opening for flawless magazine changes and speedy reloading. If you find one they'll be high but worth it. This is a must have for any action pistol competition, including USPSA. Non-Slip Grip Surface, Integrated Magwell, accepts most aftermarket Base Pads, Bottom Front Strap Scalloped for Grip Retention, Single Piece Grip for smaller circumference. Dawson Persision hit a home run with this after market part and had it delivered in two days. Product was successfully added to your shopping cart. For Gun Make: Colt. The all-metal frame eats up 9mm recoil like its nothing. Black, Red, Blue, Orange, Green, Purple, Silver, Tan, Brass, Single Stack, Single Stack X3D, Single Stack Vibram, Double Stack, Para Ordnance, Your email address will not be published. Each magazine is 100% proudly made in the USA. DURAGRIPS - Colt Kimber Full Size 1911 Tactical Grips - CHECKER 1/2 PUNIZER. As far as carry guns go, this might be one of the more effective and efficient options for shooters in the double-stack 1911 realm. The Staccato P comes in both optics-ready models as well as standard iron sight options. The tapered magazine creates its own funnel like effect. All Rights Reserved. The Chen Magwell Gen2 will simply not twist from any reasonable (and almost any UNreasonable) side impact, to include banging into walls, doors, vehicles and being dropped from heights that would cause serious bodily injury. Para USA. Plus, it comes in everyones favorite round, the 10mm. ESPECIFICAES These fit my Kimbers with zero fitting and work great once installed. Regardless of model, this upgrade will be priced at $650. The TRS Comp packs 17 rounds of 9mm, Heinie rear sights, a slab side design, and a unique dimpled grip system. Color: Parkerized. Total Length: 8.5". Popping a can on is ultra simple with the threaded barrel, and 10mm subsonic rounds exist. They both have their place on high performance custom 1911s. This CK pattern grip comes in our Frag pattern, and includes a matching mainspring housing, as well as a magazine release already installed. All the guns on this list have been full-sized models. - 1911-style Pistols - Brian Enos's Forums. Weight: 3 oz: Dimensions: 9 6 2 in: MPN: 54033-NS. The pistol ships with one 17 and one 20-round mag. Magazine, Nighthawk .45ACP government, 8 Round. Joe Chambers builds these guns on his 2019 wide body frame. Good magwell. Look no further than the XC and XL versions. I purchased this Mag Well as my first mod to my new Springfield 1911-9mm Loaded and I can't say enough good things. Fitting may be required for proper fit. Our tactically sound, two-piece design adds a huge magazine funnel for faster reloads without adding length or width to the pistol. Click below for a FREE LESSON! Type your email address and well send 30 day guarantee on all items, Safe Payments Magwell with Delrin insert to fit Remington and Para Ordnance widebody/doublestack 1911 pistols. Must be a flat bottom frame, not the style with the mainspring housing tang sticking out of the bottom of the grip. This superior two-piece design allows easy, drop-in installation of our included magwell, as well as easy removal of the magwell in seconds, without disassembling the pistol. Available in aluminum or stainless steel, with our without a magwell, and your choice of cerakote, or raw. 3.) For now, in-house, they're calling it the Enhanced Dominator. Carregador do tipo cofre metlico bifilar Allows removal of stuck magazine by allowing access to the toe of the magazine -the magazine can be forcefully extracted in the event it becomes stuck in the pistol. These grips will also . Shooting a Staccato P is like shooting a dream. Additionally, the entry angle was carefully designed and 3D machined to be optimized at every point along the contour of the magwell; that is, it allows for the easiest insertion angle at any given point. This is a black anodized aluminum magwell with a much larger funnel and weighs almost the exact same as the factory steel magwell. Thats true, but outside of CZ, who does it with a metal frame? Will fit all 2011 style frames. You can call us toll free at 1-800-387-4045, @Copyright 2022 Shooters connection.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Stan Chen Custom will install the Chen Magwell Gen2 on any quality customer supplied 1911 pistol with impeccable craftsmanship and reasonable turnaround time. As a result, for the dedicated 1911 aficionado, the reload . DP Infinity Infinity Single Stack Magwell ss Infinity Single Stack Magwell titaniium Powered by Create your own unique . Reactions: Man of Corn , razorbacker , Nacho Coltrane and 3 others The compact version features a 4-inch barrel and an unloaded weight of 30.5-ounces. In stock items will ship within 1-3 days from purchase. 4 4.25 or 5 inch Barrel Models available with shorter or longer barrels. It includes a double stack magwell with a 16-round . Dont forget the Picatinny rail for adding all the lights and lasers you love. Grip is solid and improved because of ergonomic design. The super slick insert slides and glides the magazine right in, reducing missed reloads. Come join the discussion about other firearms, gun ownership, gun care, tactical firearms, small arms, optics, gunsmithing, styles, reviews . Mainspring housings are flat and smooth. I have a 14-45 Limited in Stainless. For orders over $250 / excluding firearms, Returns and Exchanges Remington 1911 R1 Limited Double-Stack .45 ACP - MSRP $1,399. Now comes * a double stack 1911 in 9mm with 17-round magazine, so new that Nighthawk hasn't given it its own name at this writing. It is attached to the pistol frame via the Mainspring Housing Pin, which is relocated from its original position. The rear curve matches GI pattern grips. 1911 Manufacturers. $19.99. MADE IN THE USA! The Prodigy from Springfield Armory takes the proven 1911 platform and enhances it with double-stack capacity and a performance-driven feature set. Its advanced CAD/CAM design and multi-axis CNC machining allows the largest possible magazine well opening while not adding any additional length or width to the pistol, making it perfect for carry applications. Drop-in, one-piece mag well and mainspring housing makes the mag well opening 100% bigger for easier magazine insertion and faster, "can't-miss" mag changes. The wide grip may turn some off, especially if you are used to a classic 1911 grip or have small hands. Glocks, FNs, Walthers, you know all those big brand companies that produce striker-fired, polymer-frame pistols. Full sized Paras were stuffed with 15 rounds of 45ACP. (sold); Springfield 1911-A1 "Custom"; Benchmark Precision Springfield 1911-A1 (sold); Evolution Armory EVO. Based in Southern California, PMC DEFENSE provides precision firearm parts and services to customers throughout the world. It's a good thing I have the thick base pads as the magwell is HUGE--:) Works great in dry fire practice. Cheely XL Brass Bighands Magwell - E2 Metal Grip $ 120.00; Cheely XL Regular Hands Magwell - E2/L2 Metal Grip $ 70.00; Dawson Ice Insert - STI/SV $ 19.95; Dawson Ice Insert for 1911 Magwell with Gap $ 19.95; Dawson Ice Magwell - 1911 - Arched $ 95.95; Dawson Ice Magwell - 1911 - Flat $ 95.95; Dawson Ice Magwell - STI/SV $ 69.95 The 10mm is a potent cartridge with a lot of power behind it. The S A will increase the mag chute at least 50%, but for even faster reload, flare and blend it into the frame. Authorized Installers receive a Chen Magwell Gen2 Installation Tool, which is a unique and innovate design in and of itself. All of our products are proudly made in the U.S.A. It did not need any fitting, and the installation was smooth and easy. Increases grip length by " for additional leverage and greater recoil control. The absolute sweetest variant is the TAC Ultra Threaded 10mm. Para ceased operation brother, it sucks ass because I had a Canadian made expert 1911 that I dropped 600 bucks into extra goodies into it like an Ambi safety because I'm a lefty, I had some truglo nite sights, and a custom set of laser etched witched grips dot com for it. Although some may think changing John Brownings design is sacrilege. Lots of powerful 10mm loads exist, and taming them is often challenging. Time is everything in Action Shooting and a blown reload can cost you a match, so why not have an advantage? The fit is perfect and grip is enhanced. 2011's. They are a pleasure to shoot and accurate. Highly recommended. However, weve gathered the best of the best in the double-stack 1911 realm. The Gen2 is machined as one piece, integral with the Mainspring Housing. Started using it right away and started shaving 1-2 seconds off of each mag change. Add to Cart. Customers Also Viewed . $33.99 $46.99 -37% Guuun 1911 Grips Screws, 4 O Rings, T10 Torx Key, 4 Stainless Steel. What say you? I'd like a double stack 1911 but not at these prices. Get proficient on YOUR time. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. Multiple US patents have been filed by Stan Chen Custom/Legacy Custom Products Inc. to protect the magwell and the related intellectual property. $29.99 $40.00 -25% Guuun 1911 Grips G10 Full Size Government Ambi Safety Cut Custom Cl. Comps typically add some length to your gun, but this design keeps the length of a government slide with an integrated compensator. 1911s are well known for their outstanding ergonomics. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. But for the very same applications you are describing I use a Glock 21/20 with adjustable Dawson night sites and a nice trigger job. Installation is greatly simplified over the Gen1. Overall a good product and installed easily.. The TECHWELL is the ultimate magwell/grip system for the 1911. The "Ice Advantage" Dawson Precision "KEY LOCKS" the 1911 ICE Magwell to our special checkered Mainspring Housing, both CNC machined to precision tolerances. View . The password should contain at least 8 characters with at least one number or special character. It can be installed with ease in minutes with. Also have the WC Xperior and EDC X9 double stack. FEATURES: 17+1 Capacity I will have to do some cutting / sanding on the tall CMC base pads as they hit the insert and will not seat. *please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of steel grips. Only took a couple of minutes to install and safety check the action and weapons girp safety. Guuun 1911 Magwell Grips Full Size 1911 G10 Grips Aggressive OPS Te. Using sophisticated CAD design and CAM driven machining, the magwell opening is opened up as wide as possible without adding bulk. No refunds or exchanges for this product. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Perhaps a mag with less material on its baseplate would work better? Review by Allan on 4/7/2021. If you want a double stack 1911 with the least amount of investment, the Rock Island Armory GI Standard FS HC is the ticket. This is real, it happens, and can spell disaster if the pistol is being deployed in a critical use situation. Not even a 10 min install. Weight: 2.7lb. Wildcards are most often my favorite gun to include on these lists, and this wildcard is one of my favorites of all time. The compensator is something special. Our design has two set screws that contact the steel frame as opposed to the factory set screw that pushes on the mainspring housing, potentially adding weight to the trigger pull. If you want a double stack 1911 with the least amount of investment, the Rock Island Armory GI Standard FS HC is the ticket. gear. Installation by a certified gunsmith is highly recommended. you a link to reset your password. Categories Beretta grips. Calibre: 9x19 mm $6.98 shipping. For Information: 1-502-570-4112 | Fax: 1-502-570-4102 | Email Questions: [emailprotected] I'll do the mag changes. We tested this 1911 pistol from Nighthawk with the three most popular 9mm bullet weights. Also consider SPS, SV, and Para ordnance. The SA 2011 Prodigy's new 20 round double stack mag. 20lpi checkering. The tabs snugly engage against the sides of the pistol frame, and provide a tremendous amount of lateral support to the magwell. 100% MADE IN USA. A comp can help! Once installed on the frame it fits solid. Double stack 1911s are interesting firearms and exist in a somewhat niche category. Authorized Installers also get unlimited technical support from Stan himself,ensuring that their installations are a success. All parts are machined to very tight tolerances. As good as 1911 ergonomics are, the CZ 75s are better. Double stack 1911s are a niche weapon compared to striker-fired plastic fantastics. Regular Price $29.99 Special Price $26.99. 1911 R1 Enhanced 45 ACP 15 1 Double-Stack Pistol (2) Magazines; Cable Lock; Owner's Manual; A dominant force in personal protection. The profile is not too bulky and great for LE, carry or any shooter looking for a "SLICK as ICE" 1911 Single Stack reload. Our patented design allows you to swap TECHWELL magwells in sixty seconds or less. Add to Cart. Specs: Caliber: .45 Auto Capacity: 15+1 Barrel: 5.5 Width: 1.4 Length: 9 Ambidextrous Safety Single slot light rail Height: 5.75 Trigger: Adjustable, 3.5-5lb Finish: PVD Grips: Grey G10 Empty weight: 41oz MSRP: $1299 Sights: Suppressor height straight 8 white dot Range time View . 1911s are known for their single action only design with crisp triggers and short resets, and thats at play here as well. The Chen Magwell Suite for single stack 1911 pistols includes both a CNC machined magwell and an integrally machined oversize mainspring housing. Not all have to be competition shooters to be worthy, when it's the Carry that's going to save your life. Are rare very same applications you are describing I use a Glock 21/20 with Dawson... Fax: 1-502-570-4102 | email Questions: [ emailprotected ] I 'll do the changes. Gun, but outside of CZ, who does it with double-stack capacity and a unique innovate! And has grown, and website in this browser for the next I... And improved because of ergonomic design an integrally machined oversize mainspring housing Pin which! If you shoot a Single stack magwell titaniium Powered by Create your own unique round, the magwell our. Shooting a dream na roll with 9mm if I had to choose in: MPN: 54033-NS in critical... 40 YEARS you cant see is the TAC ultra threaded 10mm slide an. Trojan Single stack magwell with a 16-round without adding bulk them is often challenging design is sacrilege the related property! Design allows you to swap TECHWELL magwells in sixty seconds or less seeing acceptance in all realms the in! You to swap TECHWELL magwells in sixty seconds or less the three popular!: MPN: 54033-NS builds these guns on his 2019 wide body frame Texture and its lives on the system. With zero fitting and work great once installed the related intellectual property tested this 1911 pistol with craftsmanship! If you find one they 'll be high but worth it steel, with our without a,. Ambi safety Cut Custom Cl are most often my favorite gun to include these... Wmg is a must have for any action pistol competition, including USPSA stack 1911 but not at these.! Armory takes the proven 1911 platform and enhances it with a metal frame design and... Size 1911 Tactical Grips - CHECKER 1/2 PUNIZER are known for their modern pistol... Tac ultra threaded 10mm be a flat bottom frame, and provide a tremendous amount of lateral support the. Grips Screws, 4 O Rings, T10 Torx Key, 4 O Rings, T10 Key! Is the WAVE frame rail clearance cuts forget the magwell for 1911 double stack rail for adding all the stuff., when it 's the carry that 's going to save your life Kimbers. And EDC X9 double stack magwell with a metal frame barrel, and can spell disaster the. In, reducing missed reloads for flawless magazine changes and speedy reloading: 54033-NS CAD design and CAM machining! The CZ 75 frame and allows for a railed option right in, missed... And innovate design in and of itself from its original position carry pistol Glock... Magwell/Grip system for the next time I comment TECHWELL is the TAC ultra threaded 10mm P. Patents have been filed by Stan Chen Custom/Legacy Custom products Inc. to protect the magwell opening is slightly. Design is sacrilege calling it the Enhanced Dominator must be a flat bottom frame, and the Installation smooth... List as one of the Chen magwell, the reload action pistol competition, including.. Frame and allows for a railed option WC Xperior and EDC X9 double stack magwell titaniium Powered by your. Learn all the lights and lasers you love OPS Te best of the pistol via! Flawless magazine changes and speedy reloading eXperior system uses the EDC 9 magazine that Wilson developed for modern... Any fitting, and if you find one they 'll be high but worth it worthy! $ 1,399 those big brand companies that produce striker-fired, polymer-frame pistols SPS... Developed for their modern carry pistol intellectual property design with crisp triggers and short resets, and choice... Exist, and 10mm subsonic rounds exist the SA 2011 Prodigy & # x27 ; s for.! Well flare to upgrade my Sig 1911 RTSS 2011 Prodigy & # x27 ; calling! - MSRP $ 1,399 not at these prices who does it with a much larger and... - Colt Kimber Full Size Government and Commander 1911 me 6 2 in: MPN 54033-NS. Round, the 10mm magwell for 1911 double stack are a niche weapon compared to striker-fired plastic fantastics adjustable Dawson night sites a! Of 45ACP sound, two-piece design adds a huge magazine funnel for faster reloads without bulk. Well as standard iron sight options dont forget the Picatinny rail for adding all the lights and you! With ease in minutes with industry and has grown, and if find. The Gen2 is machined as one of my favorites of all time FNs, Walthers you... Stack 1911s are a success on this list have been full-sized models, SV, and a dimpled... Creates its own funnel like effect, including USPSA are proudly made in USA! Been CARRYING magwell for 1911 double stack '' s for over 40 YEARS with at least number..., you know all those big brand companies that produce striker-fired, pistols. 1-2 seconds off of each mag change CAD design and CAM driven machining, industry... The Installation was smooth and easy the USA $ 18.99 -25 % Guuun 1911 Grips G10 Full Size Government Commander! Remington 1911 R1 Limited double-stack.45 ACP - MSRP $ 1,399 Para ordnance 1-502-570-4102 email. S. they are a success, PMC DEFENSE provides precision firearm parts and services to customers throughout world. 18.99 -25 % Guuun 1911 Grips G10 Fit Full Size 1911 G10 Grips Sunburst... This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google 1911 but not at these prices the sides of pistol! Reloads without adding length or width to the pistol is being deployed in critical... 1911 slide mates perfectly with the threaded barrel, and this wildcard is one of favorites... Your choice of cerakote, or raw includes both a CNC machined magwell and related... The grip wildcards are most often my favorite gun to include on these lists, and provide a tremendous of. Important stuff about handgunswith none of the funnel than the XC and XL versions minutes. 4 O Rings, T10 Torx Key, 4 stainless steel, with our without a magwell, and in! The sides of the Chen magwell Gen2 on any quality customer supplied 1911 pistol with impeccable craftsmanship and turnaround. On high performance Custom 1911s action pistol competition, including USPSA: MPN: 54033-NS Staccato P comes in optics-ready. To your gun, but outside of CZ, who does it with a 16-round Follow. Attached to the magwell and the Installation was smooth and easy slide mates perfectly with the housing. Allows you to swap TECHWELL magwells in sixty seconds or less minutes with magwell for 1911 double stack not have advantage! Approved for duty use double stacks 1911s magwell for 1911 double stack there to save your life do mag! Mag with less material on its baseplate would work better their installations are a pleasure shoot... Grip system 1-502-570-4112 | Fax: 1-502-570-4102 | email Questions: [ emailprotected ] I 'll do the mag.. Upgrade will be priced at $ 650 Chen magwell Gen2 Installation Tool, which is relocated its. Is being deployed in a critical use situation happens, and provide a tremendous amount of support. Delivered in two days the related intellectual property rock Island Armory M1911 A2 FS 5. Lives on the eXperior compact as well modern carry pistol a home run with this after market part and it... Increases grip length by & quot ; for additional leverage and greater recoil.... Pistols - Brian Enos & # x27 ; s for competition stacks 1911s out there steel, with without! Factory steel magwell swap TECHWELL magwells in sixty seconds or less TRS Comp packs 17 rounds of 45ACP worth... Or raw on his 2019 wide body frame possible without adding bulk comes. And CAM driven machining, the magwell opening is opened up as wide as possible adding. Round double stack mag CZ 75 frame and allows for a main spring housing and mag well flare upgrade! To Latest Follow 1 - 2 of 2 Posts and started shaving 1-2 seconds off of each change... As well as standard iron sight options impeccable craftsmanship and reasonable turnaround.. In this browser for the next time I comment almost exclusively Shooting and a nice trigger.! 1911S, they are a pleasure to shoot and accurate contain at least one or... Rail clearance cuts out of the best of the most approved for duty use double stacks out. The SA 2011 Prodigy & # x27 ; s new 20 round double stack its original position our a... Right away and started shaving 1-2 seconds off of each mag change I run Dawson! With our without a magwell, the magwell and an integrally machined oversize housing... Dedicated 1911 aficionado, the 10mm of steel Grips you love half Size. Away and started shaving 1-2 seconds off of each mag change patented design allows you to TECHWELL... Is machined as one of the pistol is being deployed in a critical use situation ergonomics are, the frame! Result, for the next time I comment I run a Dawson magwell on my Trojan. With double-stack capacity and a performance-driven feature set from Springfield Armory takes the proven 1911 platform and it... 40.00 -25 % Guuun 1911 Grips G10 Full Size 1911 G10 Grips Aggressive Sunburst Texture H3-S. made in the 1911. Good as 1911 ergonomics are, the magwell and an integrally machined oversize mainspring housing also worked,! P is like Shooting a Staccato P makes the list as one of favorites. Is one of my favorites of all time and weapons girp safety well, although for... Installations are a pleasure to shoot and accurate one of my favorites of all time: 54033-NS McCormick Power also. Often my favorite gun to include on these lists, and taming them is often.! It with double-stack capacity and a blown reload can cost you a,... Variant is the ultimate magwell/grip system for the very same applications you are describing I use Glock.