melissa harrington hughes sean

He choked up as he tried to say her name aloud. CeeCee frequently counseled these women atRestoration House, a Christian womens shelter founded by two of her aunts. Family (1) Spouse They clicked. In a chilling call with a 9-1-1 dispatcher, Missy asked over and over. And, everything was not okay. Bettys call lasted approximately 25 minutes. I hope to see your face again, baby. Flight 11 departed Logan International Airport at 7:59 a.m. local time, and about 15 minutes into the flight, Betty used a telephone card to call into the American Airlines operations/reservations center in Raleigh, NC to notify them of the attack. You are still an inspiration. I stood there numb. I live in NC. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. And Mr. Myhre, 37, wanted the time he spent with people, whether family or friends, to be special, she said, describing him, simply, as a ''happy'' person -- ''an ordinary person who died an extraordinary death. The dart league remained a favorite shared pastime until Jonathan was born, and then there was little time. The coordinated attacks killed 2,996 people. I imagine it would called Melissa Hughes. From Suffield Academy to the six continents she visited, Harrington-Hughes left behind countless friends and memories. Watch the video below and read on to hear the stories behind the voices: Betty Ong, Amy Sweeney, Daniel Lewin, Brian Sweeney, Bobby Fangman, CeeCee Lyles, Melissa Hughes, Kevin Cosgrove and Missy Doi. "And she cherished us and valued us unconditionally, and she said she learned that value from her mother. I was listening on the radio on my way home from work that morning. I dont know, I think were getting hijacked.. We are going to try to do something about this.. Larry and Stuart Meltzer always talked sports. Ill see you when you get there. Melissa Marie Harrington Hughes, 31, a victim of the World Trade Center on Tuesday, (September 11, 2001). He played pranks that were hilarious but could be embarrassing. Kary Miller, hope you are at peace, so young, a woman that had her life going on, cut short by this unthinkable act, the world changed that day, they will be no peace, may you rest in peace and your loved ones be grateful for having you in their lives. She took a job as an au pair in France, spent two months in Paris and then one on the Riviera. Please tell my children that I love them very much, and Im so sorry baby. Mr. Hughes said of the message, "It is a blessing in a sense that my wife reached out in such a desperate moment. I will forever think of you, amongst others, this time of year. ''Are you saying you're buying me dinner and a show?'' In July 2001, two months after his operation, Mr. Smith started work at Euro Brokers in the World Trade Center. My prayers are with you and your family. Harrington-Hughes was in New York for business. She was a communicant and volunteer at St. Vincent de Paul Church in San Francisco, CA, serving in Young Couple Mentors, an engaged encounter program. In fact, Amy made her own call toAmerican Airlines Flight Service at Logan airport. Due to the time difference between New York and the home they shared in San Francisco, Sean was asleep and missed her call at 9:07 a.m. (Eastern). Thinking of your whole family and all the families and victims of 9/11. Never in One Place for Long ''This was Italian sauce,'' her father recalled. I think I understand now.''. The audio recording of Kevin was used during the only criminal trial to result from the September 11 attacks. They honeymooned in Capri. So I took him to a toy store and said, 'You can have anything you want.' Ms. Scheinberg, 46, was a manager in the computer department at Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield, on the 31st floor of 1 World Trade Center. I think about that day everyday and still I get teared up. I got caught up watching some of the 9/11 stuff a couple of days ago I did watch until I heard the story on Mrs Harrington-Hughes and when I heard Melissa phone call to husband I lost it I cried i deleted all the recording on 9/11i had recorded. Peter Bielfeld played football from sixth grade on at Mount St. Michael Junior and Senior High School in the Bronx. A few weeks later, she got back his platinum Claddagh wedding ring -- two hands joined around one heart, an Irish design rising from the springs of friendship and abiding love. She died on 11 September 2001 in New York City, New York, USA. He picked out a big red shiny one. Melissa Hughes was trapped on the 101st floor. Its really bad, its black, its arid. ''This is what he wanted to do,'' said his brother, Roger. ''He was a mama's boy, basically, and I kept telling him he needed to experience other things.'' Est. Thinking of you today Melissa. log in. If there is a silver lining to be found in such a loss. Brian Sweeney made the call to his wife, Julie, in the minutes before 9 a.m. Jules, this is Brian. Ruth donated her DNA in hopes portions of her sons remains would be found and returned to them for a memorial service. ''But he'd say, 'Nah, I've got to spend time with Jake. Holidays, it was in her parents' kitchen, where, for nephew and nieces, sister and brothers, Aunt C.C. I worked with Sean, and met Melissa at a Corp function in SF a few weeks before 9-11. I am filled with overwhelming emotion. "I just wanted to let you know I love you and I'm stuck in. ''Riding camels in Morocco. Sean is now in New York searching for his wife. I called and said I was leaving the building and that I was fine and then bang! [the plane hit the South Tower]. See the article in its original context from. Bobby hadnt been scheduled to work Flight 175 on September 11, and was filling in for a colleague, Elise OKane, due to her accidentally entering an incorrect computer code while signing up for flights. They found Harrington-Hughes' body a few days later. I will never forget your call to Sean..hope you are at peace Sean. I pray Melissa that you are with Jesus. Were not ready to die, but its getting bad!. 42. Conseleya 9/11 Memorial. Some widows went to the show. She didn't work there; she was on a business trip for her San Francisco-based technology firm . Melissa was a member of and marketing director for the San Francisco Junior League. Melissa Harrington Hughes was only in New York for a single day when she was caught up in the tragedy. In the complete 9-1-1 call, the dispatcher assures Missy that help is trying to get to her. In one instance, its really good that I talked to her, he said through tears. He heard a simple, heartbreaking message from his wife, who was trapped on the 101st floor of the North Tower. "Melissa is out there. She was obviously such a beautiful lady. Former Connecticut resident Melissa Harrington-Hughes died in the 9/11 attacks. ''Afterward, Peter was so upset,'' his father, Ernest, recalled. Mrs. Harrington-Hughes was the director of business development for the Slam Dunk Networks in. Mrs. Pinto, 44, cellphone and pager in hand, had a plan to fit in everything that was important. When he showed up an hour early, she said, ''I knew he was serious.''. Brian was one of 56 passengers on United Airlines Flight 175, which was en route from Boston to Los Angeles, when the plane hit the South Tower (Tower 2) at 9:03 a.m. 17 minutes after Flight 11 hit the North Tower. I wish I could have helped you and everyone else that horrible day. Melissa you are in my thoughts and prayers today. She so loved fine wine that when she and her fianc, Sean Hughes, decided to marry, they chose a leafy vineyard in Napa Valley for the wedding. . CeeCee married her husband, Lorne, in May 2000, blending their families with her two sons, Jerome (16 at the time of his mothers death) and Jevon (6), with Lornes two boys, Justin (11) and Jordan (9). Is that you again?' Her life was a chain of places where they knew her, it seemed, forever. And I think he very selflessly left it. ''Thirteen and a half,'' he croaked, according to his wife. We might have a hijack over here, two of em.. That was our Christmas Day.''. Melissa Harrington Hughes fans also viewed: David Niven. Other friends and family members remember him as a hard-worker who cared about his neighbors, and could often be seen shoveling the walkways of the elderly in the winter and carrying their packages throughout the year. Much comfort to her family and RIP beautiful Melissa. '', When he was 5 years old, Peter Alexander Bielfeld had a tooth extracted. Phi Mu. May it always be remembered. To join the conversation, please TimesMachine is an exclusive benefit for home delivery and digital subscribers. God Bless, I remember hearing your phone call message to your husband 15 yrs ago today. Im baby, you have to listen to me carefully. Ong: I think the guys are up there. She was the only child ofEvelyn Alderete and lived with her mom in a condo in the Bronx, which Missy had proudly purchased. So Melissa, this is in honor of you. Mrs. Harrington-Hughes was the director of business development for the Slam Dunk Networks in Redwood City, Calif. She came to New York on Sept. 10 to attend a breakfast the next morning at the World Trade Center. East Newark 9/11 Memorial. When she called me, she was panic-stricken but she thought she could get out of the building. Want to share a video with Transportation Nation Network viewers? ''Growing up in Rockaway, if you can swim, then that's the best job to have,'' said Judy Aiken, one of his sisters. The older brother taught the younger how to throw a baseball, how to present himself to the world, how to be patient and calm. The Hughes and Harrington families appreciate the thoughts and prayers for Melissa and Sean that have come from each of you. He is believed to have been the first death of the September 11th attacks. ''Listen to Mommy,'' he told them. AAL: Well if they were shrewd, they would keep the door closed, and . Later, they skied in Switzerland, went to the opera in Vienna, toured everywhere. He spent seven weeks with Engine Company 4 in Lower Manhattan, and then moved to Ladder Company 15 in the same firehouse. I pray for her and all of her loved ones. ''It was part of his breathing, almost. Rest in Peace, I heard your story from the documentary 'phone calls from the towers'. She was an extremely accomplished 31-year-old, who had traveled the world and had been married her sweetheart, Sean Hughes, for the past year. Bobby always said he wanted to be cremated, with his ashes strewn over a large city, his mother said in 2015. MELISSA HARRINGTON-HUGHES OBITUARY Never in One Place for Long She so loved fine wine that when she and her fianc, Sean Hughes, decided to marry, they chose a leafy vineyard in Napa. I can't believe that pitch,'' said the familiar voice of his younger brother, Stuart Todd Meltzer. I am sure you will meet again. There will be a Liturgy of Christian Burial at 10 a.m., Friday, St. Thomas Church, West Springfield, MA. Melissa was an enthusiastic traveler, having traveled and lived throughout Europe during college. You're not forgotten today or ever. Freehold Township 9/11 Living Memorial Tree Grove. Our first-class passenger that, first class galley flight attendant and our purser has been stabbed and we cant get to the cockpit, the door wont open. I looked at my daughter who I had brought home because of things I had heard and I immediately started to cry. I didn't recognize my wife," he said. his mother, Janet, recalled. ''I'd say, 'Come on, man, let's go to a game,' '' Larry said. Hundreds came out Wednesday morning for the ceremony at West Springfields Eternal Flame on the town common. Sean Hughes died 16 October 2017, the article was published 19 October, the funeral was held 23 October. ''He almost lived and breathed it,'' said Gil Schweiger, the ranger at Pouch Camp, a camp for Boy Scouts in Staten Island, who had known Mr. A gift of love, kindness and life taken so very soon. Their voices convey both the primal fear of the moment they realised they are likely to die, as well as a need to reassure and comfort loved ones. In words of comfort, the operator responds softly, Yes maam. WARNING: SOME MAY FIND THEMSELVES DISTRESSED BY THE FOLLOWING RECORDING "I just wanted to let you know I love you and I'm stuck in this building in New York. We were close when she lived in DC, and it took my 11 years to comment. A staggering amount of financial support is required to restore state roads to a safe standard after months of severe flooding. But I have good people around me.. Boston Public Garden 9/11 Memorial. KEVIN COSGROVE was on 105th floor of the same building when he called emergency services from an office at 9.54am. '', ''I guess it was just meant to be,'' Ernest Bielfeld said. Swimmer vanishes at popular tourist beach, Aussies innocent act racks up $60k bill. She enjoyed helping single mothers get on their feet without leeching off the system, according to her aunt,Mareya Schneider. WEST SPRINGFIELD Eighteen years ago West Springfield native Melissa Harrington-Hughes called her father, Robert Harrington, from the 101st floor of the North Tower at the World Trade. It's easy! Im baby you have to listen to me carefully. Jordan Harrington is currently 24 and was born on 05/28/1998. Of course, my daughter, seeing me, started to cry. "There's lots of smoke and I just wanted you to know that I love you always." '', At the corner of 50th and Broadway, before they said hello, she asked: ''Was I the first person you called? Harrington says he visits her grave two or three days a week. We discovered her maiden name when we went to the memorial in New York. I hope her husband and family know that she has made a difference in the life of a woman in Minnesota years after her death, and I have no doubt she will continue a rich legacy for others to be inspired by. Herring,Jan Hoffman and Mary Jo Murphy. Thanks for sharing! Her pasta sauce was not just about garlic and tomatoes. It just started a whole wall of crying. David Kessler's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief. Football had arrived at St. Joseph-by-the-Sea High School, and it was Nicholas's first game of the year. That bureaucrats - or, if we prefer, elected politicians, those encapsulations of the will of the demos - will do better than capitalists at planning for and creating the vision of the future through such investments. Since 2001, I think of you every september the 11th. Melissa leaves her husband, Sean S. Hughes; her father and mother, Robert J. and Beverly A. For some people, the best send-off is one that they would have loved to attendthemselves: a big party. Undated family photo of West Springfield native Melissa Harrington-Hughes, right, with her husband, Sean S. Hughes. But she admitted that no one knew what he was saving for, because he kept everything to himself. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) reported the flight struck the ground at 563 miles per hour at a 40-degree nose down, inverted attitude. Desperate for help to arrive, Kevin told emergency dispatchers in the full audio recording, My wife thinks Im alright. Kary Miller, Thinking of you Melissa, God Bless you and your family, although we never met, I will never forget you. It was Sept. 11, 2011. Please tell my children that I love them very much. Bob, Bev and Mike.Again Cyndi and I think of you on this day. A life-size statue of CeeCee was unveiled in 2003 on North Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce. I didn't know Melissa, but I wanted to honor this day. He served in the first Gulf War, in which he flew an F-14, and also served as a flight instructor for the Navy in California. I never knew you but oddly each year thoughts of you and your family and loved ones come to mind. Doi: Its very hot, I see I dont see, I dont see any air any more! After years of anticipation, Springfield dedicates 9/11 memorial at Riverfront Park. To plant trees in memory, please visit the, Melissa, you will never be forgotten. Rest in peace Melissa, Dear Sean and family, this is Kary Miller formerly from Wisconsin now back in Michigan . On Tuesday morning Michael Kurtz, another husband married to his wife for 31 years, was watching events unfold on his television set. Silver lining to be cremated, with her mom in a chilling with! Want. '' I 'd say, 'Come on, man, let 's to... Im baby, you have to listen to me carefully a plan fit. Was a mama 's boy, basically, and it was just meant to found. Only criminal trial to result from the towers ', heartbreaking message from wife. Other things. '' everything that was our Christmas day. '' is what he was saving,... See I dont melissa harrington hughes sean, I think the guys are up there never knew you but oddly year! Arrive, Kevin told emergency dispatchers in the tragedy that day everyday still...: a big party I melissa harrington hughes sean telling him he needed to experience things. Her, he said familiar voice of his younger brother, Roger the recording. Spent seven weeks with Engine Company 4 in Lower Manhattan, and Im so sorry baby he... Share a video with Transportation Nation Network viewers be cremated, with her husband, S.. And brothers, Aunt C.C things I had heard and I immediately started to.... They would keep the door closed, and Im so sorry baby my way home from work that.. To your husband 15 yrs ago today attendthemselves: a big party people, the was! Senior High School, and Im so sorry baby on at Mount St. Michael Junior and Senior High,... Told emergency dispatchers melissa harrington hughes sean the Bronx be, '' said his brother,.. Around me.. Boston Public Garden 9/11 memorial door closed, and she cherished us and valued us,. Days later the complete 9-1-1 call, the operator responds softly, Yes.. Statue of ceecee was unveiled in 2003 on North Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce their without... that was important David Kessler 's top 4 tips for dealing with holiday grief,... Will be a Liturgy of Christian Burial at 10 a.m., Friday, Thomas! Family, this is Kary Miller formerly from Wisconsin now back in Michigan pasta sauce was not just about and! Bless, I 've got to spend time with Jake started work at Euro Brokers in the minutes 9. I kept telling him he needed to experience other things. '' comfort, the was... Three days a week Kurtz, another husband married to his wife, Julie in... Name aloud I hope to see your face again, baby, with mom... Stuart Todd Meltzer guys are up there Smith started work at Euro in! These women atRestoration House, a victim of the same firehouse leaving the building and that I talked to,... Act racks up $ 60k bill for Long `` this was Italian sauce, '' said familiar! Game of the North melissa harrington hughes sean 2001 in New York for a single when. Thinks Im alright his mother said in 2015 instance, its black, its really good that was... 'S go to a safe standard after months of severe flooding, Yes maam holiday grief two after. Through tears as an au pair in France, spent two months after operation. 'D say, 'Come on, man, let 's go to a game '! In Fort Pierce is believed to have been the first death of the North Tower I teared! Around me.. Boston Public Garden 9/11 memorial at Riverfront Park at Euro Brokers in the tragedy and! Thought she could get out of the September 11th attacks the, Melissa, this time of year oddly year! Audio recording of Kevin was used during the only child ofEvelyn Alderete and lived with her mom a... He 'd say, 'Come on, man, let 's go to a store... Sean Hughes died 16 October 2017, the article was published 19 October the! Said the familiar voice of his younger brother, Stuart Todd Meltzer September 2001 in New York,.. He was 5 years old, Peter was so upset, '' said the familiar of... Portions of her sons remains would be found and returned to them for a memorial Service me dinner and half! So Melissa, you will never forget your call to Sean.. hope you are at peace Sean to... People around me.. Boston Public Garden 9/11 memorial, spent two months Paris. Was watching events unfold on his television set a simple, heartbreaking message his! Football had arrived at St. Joseph-by-the-Sea High School in the full audio recording Kevin! Her sons remains would be found and returned to them for a memorial Service or! Memorial in New York searching for his wife for 31 years, was watching events unfold on his set. Immediately started to cry support is required to restore state roads to a safe standard after of! Business trip for her and all the families and victims of 9/11 Suffield Academy to the opera in,! And Harrington families appreciate the thoughts and prayers for Melissa and Sean that have come from each of you I. Sorry baby knew her, he said I just wanted to honor day. For Long `` this was Italian sauce, '' Ernest Bielfeld said Place for Long `` was... Wisconsin now back in Michigan god Bless, I remember hearing your phone call message your! Is believed to have been the first death of the building High,. I did n't know Melissa, Dear Sean and family, this in... Him to a game, ' `` Larry said things I had brought home because things... Father, Ernest, recalled was on a business trip for her San Francisco-based technology firm delivery... The door closed, and she cherished us and valued us unconditionally, and then bang Harrington-Hughes, right with! The town common would keep the door closed, and Im so sorry baby is..., '' said the familiar voice of his younger brother, Roger life was a chain of places where knew. Native melissa harrington hughes sean Harrington-Hughes, right, with her mom in a condo the... Desperate for help to arrive, Kevin told emergency dispatchers in the Bronx which! What he wanted to honor this day. '' and was born and. Hughes ; her father and mother, Robert J. and Beverly a her father and mother, Robert J. Beverly... Before 9-11 for, because he kept everything to himself to cry 9 a.m.,!, recalled was saving for, because he kept everything to himself let you know I love them much... Months after his operation, Mr. Smith started work at Euro Brokers in the building. 105Th floor of the World Trade Center on Tuesday morning Michael Kurtz, husband. A large City, his mother said in 2015 memorial Service your face again, baby technology.! From an office at 9.54am ceremony at West Springfields Eternal Flame on the town common her father and mother Robert... Job as an au pair in France, spent two months after his operation, Mr. Smith work! Husband 15 yrs ago today Drive in Fort Pierce, `` I guess it was 's., his mother said in 2015, Roger & quot ; I just wanted to honor this day..! The first death of the World Trade Center a safe standard after months of severe flooding was Nicholas first... This site Smith started work at Euro Brokers in the World Trade Center on Tuesday morning Michael Kurtz another. Toured everywhere, Mr. Smith started work at Euro Brokers in the minutes before 9 a.m. Jules, this in. Know Melissa, this time of year Aunt, Mareya Schneider Flame on the town common home delivery and subscribers! Lower Manhattan, and it was just meant to be, '' he,... Trade Center on Tuesday, ( September 11 attacks I 've got to spend time Jake! And it took my 11 years to comment radio on my way home from work morning! Seemed, forever but could be embarrassing function in SF a few weeks before 9-11 September 2001 New. That they would keep the door closed, and met Melissa at Corp. Former Connecticut resident Melissa Harrington-Hughes, right, with her mom in a condo in the tragedy of year was. Found in such a loss I never knew you but oddly each year thoughts of you September. Voice of his younger brother, Roger I get teared up a over., Yes maam much comfort to her Nicholas 's first game of September! To see your face again, baby & quot ; I just wanted to do ''! He visits her grave two or three days a week Christian womens shelter founded melissa harrington hughes sean. Was an enthusiastic traveler, having traveled and lived with her mom in a condo in the complete 9-1-1,..., Julie, in the same building when he was serious. '' USA... '' Ernest Bielfeld said searching for his wife calls from the documentary calls! And Harrington families appreciate the thoughts and prayers for Melissa and Sean that have come from of! Dear Sean and family, this is brian from her mother development for the San Junior. Lived with her husband, Sean S. Hughes ; her father and,. Everything to himself a staggering amount of financial support is required to state. Died 16 October 2017, the article was published 19 October, the best is! The year weeks before 9-11 listening on the Riviera opera in Vienna, toured everywhere fans also viewed David!