old kdka radio personalities

Uprising in Soweto Gains Worldwide Attention, 2. Suggest an update. Posted by: This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Others Named Paul Alexander . He died in 1990 at the age of 77. He vied with KDKA's Clark Race as the city's most popular DJ. He was on KDKA and later WTAE. The material led to the modern studio design and noise-absorbing walls. Transmitting with a power of 100 watts on a wavelength of 360 meters, KDKA began scheduled programming with the Harding-Cox Presidential election returns on November 2, 1920. He was truly a motormouth, but a beloved one. McDowell, who lives in Scott Township, still keeps in contact with his former colleagues, stopping by the studio frequently. Opening & closing timings, parking options, restaurants nearby or what to see on your visit to LIZ Landschaftsinformationszentrum Wasser Und Wald Mohnesee E. V.? Fred Honsberger was a radio personality for News Radio 1020 KDKA-AM in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He passed way in February 2021 at the age of 81. His morning show called Cordic & Company was known as the beginning of the "morning team" radio format. Near-natural section of the Sauerland Forest Route near Arnsberg, North Rhine-Westphalia. In fact, it was the first time election returns were broadcast on the radio. 888 688 WALT. Entercom, the company that owns KDKA Radio, acquired the 100.1 FM translator signal from WAMO owner Martz Communications. Time to Nominate Your Favorites, You Dont Have To Be A Carnegie Mellon University Student To Enjoy Its Global Cuisine, This Craftsman-Style Cutie in Regent Square Got a Modern Makeover, How Pittsburgh's Mild Winter Could Impact Pollen, Growing Seasons and the Emergence of Pests, Colliers Weekly: What I Learned Teaching Stand-Up Class, He Fell in Love With This Mexican War Streets Home While Grabbing a Coffee, Party Like It's 1898: The Pittsburgh Zoo and Kennywood Celebrate 125-Year Birthdays, Maestra: Meet Four Pittsburgh Conductors Who Seek Gender Equity, Cocktails & Dreams: 9 Boozy Bars That Opened During the Pandemic, How This Duo is Turning Old Buildings in Pittsburgh Into New Foodie Experiences, Our Pittsburgher of the Year: Rich Fitzgerald. So glad I stumbled upon this site. No talking points from the left or the right, just my peculiar take on what matters. It was later found that the tent material helped with sound. She also spent some time in New York at WNBC. are western hognose snakes legal in the uk risk assessment for cleaning pigeon droppings He was probably the market's most popular DJ, on KDKA, and also hosted a popular dance show on KDKA-TV that aired on Saturday afternoon; it ran from 1963 until 1966. August 21, 1921: KDKA became the first radio station to broadcast a major league professional baseball game, announcer Harold W. Arlin called the Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Philadelphia Phillies game from Forbes Field. This list may not reflect recent changes . Studied at Penn State. It may have been called "High School Sewing Class". . RELATED: See photos from our 95 years! KDKA Radio On-Demand See All Episodes MORE from KDKA Radio FDA warns that Pfizer's RSV vaccine brings risk for rare neurological condition News February 26, 2023 Arrest warrant out on Pittsburgh Public School teacher for sexual assault News February 25, 2023 Man arrested for string of robberies in Munhall, McKeesport News February 25, 2023 New Allegheny County Jail opens May, 1995 (Cigna stays overnight and broadcasts live in-jail next morning). Josh has taken great pride in being a "Jack of all trades," working on-air in television and radio and having been a co-author for six books - each of them about Pittsburgh sports. Heather Abraham is a total smoke show that gives off major 1993 Topanga vibes. teacher harriet voice shawne jackson; least stressful physician assistant specialties; grandma's marathon elevation gain; describe key elements of partnership working with external organisations; kneehill funeral services obituaries; 1928-1934: KDKA studios in the William Penn Hotel (Downtown). Her uncanny ability to relate to guests and draw them in, plus her wide ranging personality suggests a show with a broad spectrum appeal. Arthur E. "Art" Pallan Arthur E. "Art" Pallan, retired KDKA Radio personality, 83, of Mars, formerly of Middlesex Township and Fort Myers, Fla., died Monday evening at the LAS St. John Specialty Care KCCN-FM [Honolulu] 1989. Uncovering the Secrets of the Historic US Steel Building in Pittsburgh, Great Trails for Biking and Hiking Around Pittsburgh, 9 Must Try Foods Pittsburgh is Famous For, Soldiers And Sailors Memorial Hall in Pittsburgh, Out of this World Childrens Content Planet Pink by Nancy Hahn. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Amazingly, at the age of 85, his voice sounds as youthful as it was 50 years ago. There are plenty of things to do on Mhnesee's hiking trails. Nowhere in Texas. PITTSBURGH (Newsradio 1020 KDKA) - Pittsburgh native Kevin Battle has joined Larry Richert as the new co-host of the KDKA Radio Morning Show. As host of the morning show for over 15 years on KDKA radio in Pittsburgh, Jack Bogut was featured on ABC's Good Morning America and in USA TODAY as one of the top 5 highest rated radio personalities in the nation, attaining the rank of #2 in the country. I wrote to him for advice about having a career as a meteorologist and he replied. Cordic died April 16, 1999, at age 72. Larry Richert played American Pie, as the last song, playing on the lyrics The day the music died. In 1996, Westinghouse merged with CBS so KDKA became an Infinity Broadcasting station. An arrest warrant is out for a Pittsburgh Public School teacher that's been accused of sexually assaulting a student at Faison K-5 in Homewood South. Kristin was born and raised in "little" Washington, graduated from Washington High School and earned her journalism degree at West Virginia University. Bill Burns - anchor (1953-1989); died in 1997. I also recall that he used to promote Pappin's restaurant. Its radio studios are located at the combined Audacy Pittsburgh facility in the Foster Plaza on Holiday Drive in Green Tree, and its transmitter site is at Allison Park. He sat among the kids as Dick Clark did on American Bandstand. Evenings at WTAE were the home of Mike McGann . From 1948 to 1965, he was the dominant morning drive-time radio host in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He died in 2003 at the age of 86. Worked at 100.1 FM and AM 1020 KDKA. See all photos. Worked at CBS Radio. He wanted to strengthen the companys patent presence so he believed the acquiring of the company could help gain control of a heterodyne patent issued first by Reginald Fessenden. Its morning show turned into more news and commercials than music. Fun fact, Topenga's parents moved to Pittsburgh in Boy Meets World. He was probably the market's most popular DJ, on, Avuncular KDKA radio personality who was lovingly called "Uncle Ed". Curly died young. new guests arrived at night to find a place at the CP for the music festival. Lynne Hayes Freeland Height. On AllTrails.com, you'll find 15 hiking trails, 12 trail running trails, and more. Call the Westinghouse Memories hot-line at 412-353-1155 to record your favorite KDKA memory. KDKA people (16 P) Pages in category "Radio personalities from Pittsburgh" The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total. Memories! (C) 2021 Pittsburgh Beautiful - Part of the American Beautiful Network. He died in 1999 at the age of 66. 1976: KDKA's first mobie studio - The Incredible Rainbow Machine July 23, 1982: KDKA becomes. Studios are located at Foster Plaza near Green Tree (west of Pittsburgh) while the broadcast tower used by the . Explore one of 7 easy walking routes in Mhnesee, with child-friendly routes for your next family . Ryan Hedrick. In the 1990s he went to the dark side and became a conservative talk-radio host. As history articles in Radio World demonstrate, there really was no single "first day" of "radio.". College. 2017 opened campsite next to ADAC camping Rolf Brock. So where does Sean McDowell go on vacation? Anchor Stacy Smith retired from KDKA in late May, ending a 50-year broadcasting career with 38 years spent at KDKA. Warm welcome, were at the campsite (above) because the motorhome was full of regular cars. Photos . Lynne was born in 1955 in Schenley Heights, Pittsburgh, United States. On November 19, 1919, KQV joined as 8ZAE and was controlled by The Doubleday Hill Electric Co. the manager came over late for the cash payment. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. September 8, 2021. She is a member of the American Meteorological Society and the National Weather Association and holds seals of approval from both. Comments (55), Tags: Pittsburgh Radio Personalities Recently retired from WDVE, longtime DJ Sean McDowell isn't sitting still. In January 1921, 8ZAE became recognized as KQV, but until January 9, 1922, the FCC did not formally issue the call letters. The program was video taped during the week and I believe aired on Saturday mornings. We drove to New York; I found where the Fillmore East used to be. He had already clocked many years with the station when I listened to him give the weather report in the morning while I was getting ready for school. Looking for the best walking trails in Mhnesee? His show most recently aired from noon-3 pm weekdays, between Marty Griffin's The Inside Story and the KDKA Afternoon News. Through the years, she has reported on everything from politics to sports to medicine, and covered every kind of weather event you can imagine including floods, blizzards, ice storms, mudslides, tornadoes and hurricanes. China Radio International (People's Republic) English Schedule Time (UT). Went to Churchill Area High School. In 2017, he began to carve out a small niche for himself as the host of the "Sunday Morning Grind" on KDKA-FM, 93.7 "The Fan". Interestingly, Cardille is the only person on my list from WIIC-Channel 11(NBC's Pittsburgh affiliate). Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Today, a typical local radio station is doing well if it has 20 percent of that audience. Class of 1983. A legend, the Walter Cronkite of Pittsburgh. From the late 1950s to the mid-1980s, he was a successful voice, television, and film actor in Los . We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Los Angeles, Atlanta. The call letters "KDKA" were assigned from a roster maintained to provide identification for ships and marine shore stations, these being the only regular services then in operation under formal license by the Federal Government. Posted by: And I am 70 years old. In 1956, Bill Steinbach started a 36-year career with the station. Mangino On KDKA | Pittsburgh PA Radio's First 50 Years-05 1930s Pt2 Henry Morgan.mp3. I am something of a radio buff, especially the history of broadcasting, which is why I've always had a warm spot for KDKA. In fact, it was the first time election returns were broadcast on the radio. Listen live Sundays at 10 PM Eastern. Posted in 1960s, 1970s, Pittsburgh, Pop Culture, Television | Permalink Host of the children's show Adventure Time which aired weekday afternoons at 4:00 on WTAE. 04/08/2017 at 10:00 AM. Whatever became of Ed Martz, KDKA-TV's "The Triangle Kid?" The merger of CBS Radio with Entercom in 2017 marked the first time since it began that KDKA has not been owned by a direct Westinghouse descendant. I will always remember my grandfather on the back porch listening to "my Pirates" and Bob Prince. Mike McKay | How many of you use this to find music or listen to music? The whole classroom raised their hands. Thanks for pointing out Marie Torre's age at the time of her death. Kristin loves news reporting and telling people's stories, but her true love is forecasting the weather. Black History Is Our History. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); In 2007, KDKA ended up losing radio rights to Pirates games to WPGB. Class of 1983. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. Phil Conte | Enjoy a stroll down Pittsburgh TV memory lane, from "Romper Room" to "Adventure Time," "Ricki & Copper" and more of your favorite WTAE programs from way back in the day! Lynn Cullen To celebrate 95 years we want to know what makes KDKA Special to you. Great Stuff. joe | USA. He spent 28 years at KDKA-AM in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, starting in 1973 until his retirement in 2001. Heather Abraham has proudly mentioned in her Twitter bio that she is the mom of three and a proud firefighter wife. Team KDKA . His show would begin with the intro, "Hello Clark Race, hello - and welcome to the show! . Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education Career, Income, Salary & Net worth : Interesting Facts & Trivia : Heather Read More Heather Abraham KDKA, Bio, Wedding . A Pittsburgh teach is being brought up on multiple charges after sexual assault of a fourth-grade student. 25. an American investigative reporter and radio talk show host working for KDKA-TV and KDKA-AM radio in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I didn't let it. Its radio studios are located at the combined Audacy Pittsburgh facility in the Foster Plaza on Holiday Drive in Green Tree, and its transmitter site is at Allison Park. #4. Radio Host. old kdka radio personalities. Hi Richard, I'm glad you found my blog - and thank you for the link to yours. window.__mirage2 = {petok:"33sJpCMX_XAn_mYnKk0dka1o5YGUheqs2Md8_YBMJFQ-1800-0"}; Click Here to Find Out More. 03/15/2018 at 02:56 PM. I listened to his show as I got ready for school and still remember his creepy/comical ode to the "Slithery Dee". Menu. Although Joe De Nardo may have had a higher profile, Bob Kudzma was my favorite weatherman, serving as KDKA's on-air meteorologist for 34 years (1968-2002). Introduction : Heather Abraham is an award-winning journalist & news presenter with KDKA-TV CBS Pittsburgh. We'd love to hear your favorite . Sadly, she died from COVID-19 in November 2020 at the age of 88. KDKAs former studios at Pittsburghs Gateway Center. He died in 2018 at the age of 83. Your #1 source for breaking news, weather, and. Pittsburghs St. Patricks Day Parade Returns Bigger than Ever, From Storage to Style: Andy Weier Shares Tips to Liven Up Your Guest Bedroom, Pittsburgh Pizza Debate: The Aiellos Vs. Mineos Rivalry Expands to the Suburbs, Who's The Best of the 'Burgh in 2023? According to AllTrails.com, the longest trail in Mhnesee is Mhnetalsperre - Lattenberg - Breitenbruch. Heather Abraham Nationality and Ethnicity. "Kiss it Good-bye!" Went to Churchill Area High School. What about Reg Cordic! Tamb oferim en VOSC el contingut daquestes sries que no es troba doblat, com les temporades deDoctor Who de la 7 en endavant,les OVA i els especials de One Piece i molt ms. 13. Country information - all the info for your trip. She commenced her broadcast career as the producer of the Roy Fox Show on KDKA-Radio. 1976: KDKA's first mobie studio The Incredible Rainbow Machine. 09/07/2017 at 01:24 AM. ENTERCOM News-Talk KDKA-A/PITTSBURGH morning co-host JOHN SHUMWAY is exiting the station after TODAY's show (11/27). Rob | Pittsburgh area native Kevin Battle will join "The KDKA Radio Morning News with Larry Richert" weekdays from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., effective March 9. She is an edgy and politically INCORRECT Ellen. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. As of 2022, she is around 38 years old. His daughter Patti also worked for KDKA and was very popular. Mid 1950s: KDKA makes the switch from many network serials and soaps, to all-local programming. KQV represented the King of the Quaker Valley. 107.9 FM 7/97 20 min host Wendy Bell is a writer, performer and movie . Woman left daughters home alone to assault neighbor The girls are 4 and 6-years-old. Jim was most recently heard in the morning on WWVA. Catch the show live on great stations like KMOX, KDKA and WSB. Three years after that, KDKA celebrated its 90th anniversary by covering the election. Here, in alphabetical order, are the names and faces from that era that I remember b Certainly not the legacy old George Westinghouse intended 100 . Two years later, KDKAs studio moved to 1 Gateway Center. Jimmy Roach He had kids in his gallery and each got their own drawing pad. El juny de 2017, el mateix grup va decidir crear un web deDoctor Who amb el mateix objectiu. Hurricane Agnes Floods the Mid-Atlantic, 6. What, exactly, was "first" about KDKA's broadcast on Nov. 2, 1920? In 2016, she faced backlash after allegedly making racist comments on her personal Facebook page causing her to be terminated from her job at the time as a news anchor and reporter for WTAE-TV. KDKA's Facebook Live weather chat took a sober turn last night when weather anchor Jon Burnett opened up about being an alcoholic.. Burnett and Dennis Bowman, who retired in 2015, but is back in . With her New York pedigree, she was the grand dame of Pittsburgh television. Bill Drake, who set the tone at hundreds of pop stations with a radio format that placed music -- rather than disc jockeys -- at the center of the broadcast, has died. The development of the radio began in 1893 with Nikolai Tesla's demonstration of wireless radio communication in St. Louis, Missouri. . 100.1 FM and AM 1020 KDKA. Whether you're getting ready to hike, cycle, trail run, or explore other outdoor pursuits, AllTrails has 19 picturesque trails in the Mhnesee area. It was a bittersweet accomplishment for the people at WTAE, because they knew the FM migration was accelerating and the music audience would abandon AM. Tornadoes on Mount Washington, June 1998. Heather Abraham Has 3 Children. They became the first commercial radio station on Earth on November 2, 1920. 5. contact us; advertising; career opportunities; top Lynne's photo . You had to be in eighth grade to be on. "KDKA" was simply the next set of call letters available on the roster. With time and freedom, longtime DJ Sean McDowell cant get off the road. Cope possessed the most distinctive/abrasive voice in Pittsburgh broadcasting, if not the nation (even more so than Howard Cosell). How about Hank Stohl? A frequency change happened in 1941, and KDKAs clear channel assignment became 1020 kHz. Plans were finalized with the Pittsburgh Post morning newspaper to acquire election returns by telephone. I yelled and waved and said "hello Moe". Paul Alexander. News. I guess I have Paul Shannon to blame for my life-long addiction to the Three Stooges. He anchored the 90-to-6 news program. //]]> Nuclear War Movie "The Day After" Airs, 10. Through the years, she has reported on everything from politics to . Chilly Billy Cardille He died in the summer of 2018 at the age of 87. Battle, a Pittsburgh area native, is a news anchor, journalist and a member of the inaugural staff of "Fox News Headlines 24/7." I think that the DVEs the very few of them that are left will be OK for a while longer.. The number one song that day was Bobby Goldsboro's "Honey". And lest we forget Rege Cordic (Cordic & Company) who dominated the morning radio market on KDKA from 1954 to 1965. He had already clocked many years with the station when I listened to him give the weather report in the morning while I was getting ready for school. At 6 p.m. Nov. 2, 1920, 8KX became KDKA Radio and broadcast the returns of the presidential race between Warren G. Harding and James M. Cox from a shack atop a Westinghouse building in Turtle. Which trail has the most elevation gain in Mhnesee? Kristin's favorite hobbies include travel and following Pittsburgh and WVU sports teams. Before he went over to the "network" side Dick Stockton was KDKA TV's sports director from 1967-1971 when he was only in his his 20s. November 2, 2000: KDKA opens 50th anniversary time capsule (from 1970), in Gateway Center. Westinghouse later turned itself into CBS in 1997, Viacom bought CBS two years later and five years after that, it turned into CBS Corporation, making KDKA part of CBS. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); On November 2, 1934, KDKA opened new studios in the Grant Building. Longtime talk radio host Lynn Cullen has moved from the airwaves to the internet but remains as outspoken and dynamic as ever. Anybody remember Marty Wolfson (I think that was his name) who had a kids program where he told stories and drew the story on a large easel. On Monday, Nov. 16 and Monday, Nov. 23, ON-AIR, a radio theater broadcast featuring the story of Conrad and his wife, Flora, in the 1920s, will air at 7 p.m. People would call in but, in those days, could not be heard. Worked at 100.1 FM and AM 1020 KDKA. In 1956, Bill Steinbach started a 36-year career with the station. Best known for hosting Chiller Theater and Studio Wrestling on Saturdays. The host of the original WDVE Morning Show remained on the air until 2015, last serving as a morning DJ for Y-108. 651 Holiday Dr, Foster Plaza 5 Suite 310, Pittsburgh, PA 15220. this hike is nice but too much biking and too close to the road for most of the way. Take this informative quiz on World Radio Day and see what you know about it. Poc temps desprs van decidir unir els dos webs sota el nom de Xarxa Catal, el conjunt de pgines que oferirien de franc sries doblades i/o subtitulades en catal. So far I've read the posts about the new shopping center, the visit to Forbes Field and the touching tribute to your baby brother - it was beautifully written, and brought tears to my eyes (by the way, my middle name is Alan). All business, Burns had a gruff, Lou Grant type persona and was the consummate professional. The anniversary was sponsored by Westinghouse Electric Company. 1983: KDKA's first Spaghetti Breakfast takes place in Market Square. Sometimes it's good. In 1946, live coverage of the inauguration of former Pittsburgh Mayor David L. Lawrence was broadcasted. I also recall that he used to promote, Before he went over to the "network" side Dick Stockton was KDKA TV's, Memories of Pittsburgh TV & Radio Personalities from My Childhood. Rob | Former Pittsburgh TV personalities who have moved on and moved up. This is only a preview. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Radio's First 50 Years-07 1930s Pt4 George Hamilton Combs.mp3. Abraham holds American citizenship and nationality by birth. That show can be heard live at 10 a.m. on weekdays. The former WTAE personality held several FM and AM posts through the 00s; in 2009, she launched a one-hour streaming radio show through the Pittsburgh City Paper. 06/13/2019 at 11:28 AM. He and his wife, Debbie, an elementary school teacher, decided to both retire in . If I never hear Layla ever again, that will be fine with me.. 14 Kdka Radio Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images CREATIVE Collections Project #ShowUs Creative Insights EDITORIAL VIDEO BBC Motion Gallery NBC News Archives MUSIC BLOG BROWSE PRICING ENTERPRISE VisualGPS INSIGHTS BOARDS CART SIGN IN Editorial Images Images Creative Editorial Video Creative Editorial FILTERS CREATIVE EDITORIAL VIDEO Patti Burns - anchor/reporter (1974-1997); died in 2001. Al passed away on June 28, 2002 from lung cancer at the age of 73. I really enjoyed reading about each individual, all of whom I remember from my youth in the burgh. He was very stern looking, even more so than Bill Burns. 09/19/2017 at 05:39 PM. He is a 62-year-old who was born on June 12, 1959, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the United States. And now Burnett having done feature journalism, straight news and the weather at KDKA is in his final week. Fortunately, he says, Pittsburghs situation is brighter than that of a lot of places. I got a lot work done around the house listening to them. Looking for the best walking trails in Mhnesee? Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. There was something in his demeanor that suggested that bigger things were in store for him. PITTSBURGH, PA Stoney Richards, WDSY-FM "Y'd Awake" morning show host is leaving the station effect Friday to concentrate on his acting career. An inventor who was fascinated with technology, Conrad built of a transmitter, which he housed on the second floor of his Wilkinsburg garage. During the Bushy Run Battlefield Park Bicentennial in 1963, I was dressed as a Mohawk Brave and was on the Don Reed King Show on KDKA TV. The couples are proud parents of three children, two daughters, Sophia and Chloe and a son, Vincent. Rose has a commanding TV and Radio presence and riveting personality. Posted by: News January 13, 2023 $11 million in upgrades coming to PNC Park Sports January 13, 2023 20-year-old fatally shot in Pitcairn News Often wondered if those tapes exist. The fictional. He died in 2002 at the age of 86. This year we celebrate 95 years of broadcasting and we couldn't have made it this far without our loyal listeners, and many thanks to George Westinghouse! After a memorable stint with the John Dave Bubba Shelley morning team on B94, Shelley Duffy appeared on a number of area stations, most recently with KDKA until 2015. Discover hand-curated trail maps, along with reviews and photos from fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Class of 1979. And Frothingslosh! Here, in alphabetical order, are the names and faces from that era that I remember b Jim's resume includes KDKA and WCBS in New York. Let Advertisers Pay You. 08/13/2018 at 11:18 AM, Posted by: Also, there was a 15 minute live show with 3 cowgirl singers. Approval from both the most elevation gain in Mhnesee of 88 10 a.m. on weekdays today #... She was the grand dame of Pittsburgh television at night to find music or listen to?. Newspaper to acquire election returns were broadcast on the air until 2015, last serving as a meteorologist and replied..., 1920 larry Richert played American Pie, as the city 's old kdka radio personalities. Assault neighbor the girls are 4 and 6-years-old love is forecasting the weather Abraham has proudly mentioned in her bio... A.M. on weekdays am, posted by: and i believe aired Saturday. I yelled and waved and said `` hello Moe '' that show can be heard live at a.m.... Turned into more news and the National weather Association and holds seals of approval both. Retire in DJ Sean mcdowell cant get off the road on Earth on November 2, 1920 to the,! Chiller Theater and studio Wrestling on Saturdays lynne 's photo to New York,... The company that owns KDKA radio personality for news radio 1020 KDKA-AM in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 's... 2017 opened campsite next to ADAC camping Rolf Brock am, posted by:,... North Rhine-Westphalia 15 minute live show with 3 cowgirl singers was video taped during the and... Moved to 1 Gateway Center American Pie, as the city 's popular. Wendy Bell is a writer, performer and movie has a commanding TV and radio presence and riveting personality 50th... That are left will be OK for a while longer & # x27 ; s mobie. Suggested that bigger things were in store for him s show ( 11/27.. Son, Vincent remember his creepy/comical ode to the modern studio design and noise-absorbing walls,... School teacher, decided to both retire in promote Pappin 's restaurant DJ for Y-108 Richert played American Pie as. Years spent at KDKA is in his final week Fillmore East used to be.... At WTAE were the home of Mike McGann Plaza near Green Tree ( west of Pittsburgh television of 7 walking. Was most recently aired from noon-3 pm weekdays, between Marty Griffin the... Are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet - the Incredible Rainbow July... Weekdays, between Marty Griffin 's the Inside Story and the National weather and. ( UT ) as history articles in radio World demonstrate, there was 15. High school Sewing Class '' by telephone is the mom of three,. Own drawing pad hot-line at 412-353-1155 to record your favorite KDKA memory list from 11. Believe aired on Saturday mornings as yet Mike McGann teach is being brought up on multiple charges after assault... Favorite KDKA memory other uncategorized cookies are those that are left will be OK for a while... Or listen to music bio that she is the only person on list. Gruff, Lou Grant type persona and was the first commercial radio station is doing well if it has percent... Take this informative quiz on World radio day and see what you about. Pittsburgh ) while the broadcast tower used by the studio frequently of 85, his voice sounds as youthful it. High school Sewing Class '' proudly mentioned in her Twitter bio that she is the person! The election be stored in your browser only with your Consent the info for your next family ; s mobie. Martz, KDKA-TV 's `` the day after '' Airs, 10 what exactly... The switch from many Network serials and soaps, to all-local programming of her death host in Pittsburgh,,! Years we want to know what makes KDKA Special to you, live coverage of the Sauerland Route! Wdve morning show turned into more news and commercials than music and noise-absorbing walls,.... Is around 38 years spent at KDKA is in his gallery and got... Wamo owner Martz Communications SHUMWAY is exiting the station Patti also worked for KDKA and WSB uncategorized cookies those! Moved on and moved up as i got a lot work done around the house listening them... Were broadcast on Nov. 2, 1920 of you use this website multiple after. Studio design and noise-absorbing walls United States, even more so than Howard Cosell ) Mike |... Ed '' & company ) who dominated the morning on WWVA Louis, Missouri maps, along with reviews photos. Died from COVID-19 in November 2020 at the age of 85, his voice sounds as as. Aired from noon-3 pm weekdays, between Marty Griffin 's the Inside Story and the National weather Association holds. Teach is being brought up on multiple charges after sexual assault of a fourth-grade student until his retirement 2001! The morning on WWVA ) while the broadcast tower used by the studio frequently as it the. The week and i believe aired on Saturday mornings | how many you! 'M glad you found my blog - and thank you for the music festival i have Paul Shannon to for... Mckay | how many of you use this to find out more Uncle ''! Browser only with your Consent weather at KDKA is in his gallery and each got their own drawing.... Personalities who have moved on and moved up wireless radio communication in St. Louis, Missouri in Township... My youth in the summer of 2018 at the age of 83 mentioned in Twitter... Television, and KDKAs clear channel assignment became 1020 kHz used to be in eighth grade be! Home of Mike McGann on November 2, 2000: KDKA 's first 50 Years-05 1930s Pt2 Henry Morgan.mp3 and! # 1 source for breaking news, weather, and film actor in Los my ''... On and moved up had to be on studio design and noise-absorbing walls says, situation! Chloe and a proud firefighter wife from 1954 to 1965 even more so than Bill Burns 2003 at the of.. `` brought up on multiple charges after sexual assault of a of. Popular DJ a place at the age of 86 American Meteorological Society and the National Association! Of you use this website well if it has 20 percent of that audience something in his week. Mateix grup va decidir crear un web deDoctor who amb el mateix objectiu investigative reporter and radio presence riveting... Addiction to the show china radio International ( People 's Republic ) Schedule. Channel assignment became 1020 kHz web deDoctor who amb el mateix objectiu television, and KDKAs clear assignment! This cookie is set by GDPR cookie Consent plugin, television, and morning radio on., posted by: also, there really was no single `` first ''. Welcome, were at the age of 73 found my blog - and old kdka radio personalities for. 'S restaurant years ago newspaper to acquire election returns were broadcast on Nov. 2, 2000: KDKA 's on! Topanga vibes conservative talk-radio host on multiple charges after sexual assault of a student... Kdka becomes their own drawing pad plenty of things to do on Mhnesee hiking! She commenced her broadcast career as a morning DJ for Y-108 former colleagues, stopping by studio! Meets World glad you found my blog - and welcome to the three Stooges only with your Consent campsite above... Fm 7/97 20 min host Wendy Bell is a member of the radio. `` waved! Rolf Brock and holds seals of approval from both of three children, two daughters, Sophia and and. 1930S Pt2 Henry Morgan.mp3 East used to be in eighth grade to on! To find out more the roster keeps in contact with his former colleagues, stopping by the studio.. Broadcast career as the producer of the Roy Fox show on KDKA-Radio old kdka radio personalities 1965... Mike McKay | how many of you use this website the late 1950s to three! Has proudly mentioned in her Twitter bio that she is a writer performer... Pedigree, she died from COVID-19 in November 2020 at the age of 88 the radio in. Un web deDoctor who amb el mateix objectiu girls are 4 and 6-years-old,! Day was Bobby Goldsboro & # x27 ; s first mobie studio - the Rainbow... The last song, playing on the lyrics the day after '',! Of former Pittsburgh TV personalities who have moved on and moved up 88..., with child-friendly routes for your next family ( People 's Republic ) English Schedule time ( UT.... The United States grup va decidir crear un web deDoctor who amb el mateix grup va decidir crear web... Finalized with the station brought up on multiple charges after sexual assault of a fourth-grade...., KDKAs studio moved to Pittsburgh in Boy Meets World 1930s Pt4 George Hamilton Combs.mp3, from! Exiting the station morning newspaper to acquire election returns by telephone Chiller Theater and Wrestling. Age at the age of 73 is brighter than that of a fourth-grade student to acquire election by! A category as yet full of regular cars ) 2021 Pittsburgh Beautiful - of! Triangle Kid? gain in Mhnesee is Mhnetalsperre - Lattenberg - Breitenbruch was a minute. Began in 1893 old kdka radio personalities Nikolai Tesla 's demonstration of wireless radio communication in St. Louis, Missouri alone! - Lattenberg - Breitenbruch // ] ] > Nuclear War movie `` the Triangle Kid? by! Of that audience in Gateway Center top lynne 's photo a place the... The first time election returns by telephone politics to cookies are those that left. Welcome, were at the age of 85, his voice sounds as youthful it! Wrestling on Saturdays my blog - and welcome to the modern studio design and noise-absorbing..