pentair mastertemp 400 won't turn off

UPDATE. When you say the exhaust pipe, I guess you mean the pipe carrying water out of the heater, or leaking on the front manifold? Thank you! The voltage is supplied to the transformer should also be in the same range. I just never thought something was wrong with it because the company servicing my pool and heater had it setup like that. I do not see a procedure for not being able to use the OFF button. Other reasons why the heater is not turning on include: Faulty igniter All you have to do now is double-check the burner. }
. By contrast, the Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm pool heater design, now adopted by Pentair, has stacks of circular heat exchanger tubes, surrounding a combustion cylinder. It 'rattles' 3 times, doesn't - Answered by a verified Pool and Spa Expert . Remove the hard obstacle near the sensor. Might charge under $500 to install. Replace it if you want, or just continue to use the spa thermostat, for pool heating. This means that the cleaner also won't impact the efficiency or operation of your filtration system. "@type": "Person",
Ignition failure is one of the common problems that the users of Pentair Mastertemp face. I look forward to your advice. People often confuse or term this leakage as sweating. Search. 13 years ago. "url": "https://blog.intheswim.com/"
If no ignition, I turn off, wait, then re ask for heater. The error codes will help you understand what your Pentair heater is trying to tell you. Replace the bad ones. When it used to work I would hear a big kaboom sound and now nothing. Examine the area for any clogs or impediments. Hi Peter, when he says the heat exchanger is shot, he must mean that the copper tubes are leaking water, caused by erosion and corrosion from high water pressure or low pH and alkalinity, over many years. "publisher": {
As always, use caution when working with your heaters electrical system. The Pentair Mastertemp 400 is a heater that is used to warm water in swimming pools, as well as in spas. Email Us. Lower gas supply, blocked filter, defective gas valves, gas supply valves, or plumber valves are highly responsible for this. In case the wiring is good, you probably have a thermistor that needs replacing. POOL AND SPA HEATER (FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY), Pentair MASTERTEMP 400 HD Installation And User Manual (68 pages), Product HIN / Code Requirements / Safety Warning, Consumer Information and Safety Information, Vent Installation (Indoor Installation or Outdoor Shelter) - Vertical Venting, Indoor Venting-General Requirements Heater Clearances / Indoor Installation . So Im very happy. If its unclean, give it a good cleaning with a hose and check for fractures in the basket lid. It calls for heat, heat starts for maybe 5-10 seconds, then stops, temp raises rapidly to 124 then slowly back down to 75 and cycles again doing the same thing over and over again. You will get much more visibility by. Still have the power light lit but no other lights are lit. Basically, this problem occurs when there is no proper . Boiling in the heat exchanger can occur for a number of reasons. Look for a short between the Thermistor and the control boards wiring. Your email address will not be published. Take a closer look at where the water originates. Then, replace the faulty heater part or parts. Make sure enough water flow by cleaning the filter. Turn off the Pentair heater; . The Mastertemp 400 requires a voltage of 24 VAC. The MasterTemp has a max setting of 104. Pentair Mastertemp 400 Heater Not Turning On, 2. I sent the following on May 23, but received no reply/advice. "@type": "ImageObject",
Have a BRAND new Pentair Mastertemp 400. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Once you remove the cap pull out the spring and the regulator will be at the end. A pool technician replaced 3 sensors however it still does not work. You may need to replace it. Clean up all the flue sensor orifices to ensure there is no grime on them. Be sure water flow is good (inspect internal bypass assy). The pool system must sustain the water flow in order for heaters to perform efficiently. In some cases, the water can become too hot or too cold. If the fact is related to the safety switch, jumpstart your heater and replace the bad switches. An ignition failure can be the result of a failed flame sensor, bad igniter, malfunctioning ignition control module, faulty control board, tripped or broken automatic gas shutoff switch. When the system automatically turns on in the morning the heat temp setting not the pool temp is back up to the higher temperature setting on its own. I have a Pentair 400 master temp. Check out the thermal regulator as well. Required fields are marked *. You might also bring the heat exchanger in for maintenance. 35. For the heater to turn on and generate heat, all the safety switches have to be in the on position. Have a BRAND new Pentair Mastertemp 400. The possibility of water chemistry issues like calcium buildup in the heat exchanger, low water flow, and faulty pressure switch can create strange sounds in your heater.To solve this sound issue, check through the below solutions. So, I opened the 3-port valve and adjusted it where the 2 return lines are fully open. Your email address will not be published. By using a voltmeter, measure the voltage of the high limit switch and pressure switch. Solution. Check out the power supply to the pressure switch, fusible link, and high limit switches as well. Inspect the blower and clean out the stuck debris of the element. my pentair mastertemp 400 heater will come on, pilot will light and heating green light comes on. First, power cycle the heater to erase all the unwanted factors. Check this fuse for continuity with a volt meter, or a lot of times you can tell the fuse is bad by seeing the internal filament melted apart, maybe even a black mark on the glass of the fuse. "width": "611",
Hopefully, you will . Solution: Replace the thermal governor with a new one. A clogged filter or pump basket can build resistance to water flow to a degree that your heater cant operate as usual. Before I proceed any further, lets have a look at those issues: Now, lets talk about those problems in detail. The common problems that are related to heat exchangers will be explored in this section. Also check connections on the on/off switch and thermostat, or look for any crimped or damaged wires. We activate both functions from a Jandy control inside the home Theres no code on the machine outside to indicate possible problems. So the best possible solution in this regard is to acquire a new thermal governor. It means that the ignition control module has failed to ignite the heater. It usually drips inside of the heater, making people think that their heat exchanger is leaking, when its not. "@context": "https://schema.org/",
Check out the fuel level as well. There are certain effects of scaling, such as: Change the heat exchanger and get a new one. Section 5. Note: when the opened the manifold last winter to replace the bypass, the manifold and the heat coils have no signs of scales. Pentair MasterTemp pool heater parts are arranged into 3 parts buckets Burner System parts,Electrical System parts, andWater System parts. Please help. Operating Control Panel. You will need to reset your heater to get it out of the lockout. Pentair Mastertemp 400 Common Problems [11 Easy Solutions], 1. (Be sure that it is leaking and not just condensating). Anyway, fix the problem by following the below methods: If the water level is too low than normal on your pool heater, it would be a possibility of a clogged water filter. Fault Condition: HIGH WATER TEMP Alarm: Water . Disconnect the wires to the ICM. Test your fill water too. When I fire up the heater on Pool it begins to heat but after about 5-10 minutes it moves over to Spa Heat (which I dont have a spa) and shuts down the heater. It kept doing this several times and then sometimes the temp will start counting up rapidly and slowly counts down to the current temp and cycles again. Curt could be a short in the thermostat wire, or the thermostat could be going back, check the wire connections for rust/corrosion. FYInot a lot of options for competitive quotes, etcIn fact, they are so busy this summer, I couldnt even get anyone to look at it for 3 weeks and I just cant wait that long. Learn More. Replace it if you find no voltage there. MasterTemp is engineered for super-quiet operation and won't intrude on your poolside leisure time. Check out the internal and external bypass systems. Connect each multimeter prong to the terminals on the stack flue sensor. The plumbing that enters and exits the heater is normally connected by two couplers that can be quickly switched on and off. Education Center. So, here we will look at some issues and their solutions. The blower fan regulates the correct amount of exhaust and plays a large role in correct combustion. Troubleshooting. It sits in a pool shed, with decent, not great ventilation. Product HIN / Code Requirements / Safety Warning. Reduce strength of exhaust vent and/or number of elbows. The temperature should always be higher than the pool heater. And if the heayer shuts off, the gas valve is ok. Then check the control board & fix it. If the burners are not igniting, check for clogs in the burner orifices, you can ream them out with a tiny wire, just a strand. We have a Pentair pool heater that all the sudden kicked off Saturday. This problem can be resolved by servicing the pump or filter. It does this over and over . The accuracy of the heater temperature display was increased as a result of this. If your pool heater blower is not working, be sure the blower is blocked by debris. Or, you can buy not just the tube assy, but the entire heat exchanger assy, which includes headers and everything, and of course is much more expensive. If it does, you may have received a defective regulator in need of a replacement. Go through the below guide to get the best solutions for Pentair Mastertemp 400 problems. Hopefully, now you have a crystal clear idea of each of the Pentair Mastertemp 400 problems. Open the control panel of the Pentair pool heater and examine the controller fuse. "contentUrl": "https://x1.adis.ws/v1/media/graphics/i/lesl/its-logo-wide",
Then I commanded a higher water temp, and heater came on as it should, reaching set points and shutting off burner as it should, then cycles on as water temp dictates. Step 2: You then need to take apart the Max-E-Therm heater from the system. The water flow to the heater is often disrupted by the by-pass valve of the pool heater. You will need to repair or replace damaged parts. Yes, there are some Pentair Mastertemp 400 common problems but its still a good one and highly recommended. 1st one is the initial issue. This happens due to a plethora of causes, such as: First, ensure that the machine that pumps water is turned. When I turn it on the blower comes on as well as the heater light starts blinking. Lets start. This error code should not be shown on your Pentair heater at this point. Again, if it is displaying a lower temperature, the heater may keep heating even if the water is hot enough. spa light is on. Possible Cause: Gas supply valve. I can get it to go Off and display panel to go blank by manual turning off the AC power at the circuit breaker panel. There are two. },
You could also take the heat exchanger for servicing. Thoughts? 4. If it is set to 104 out there and it says 104 while your EasyTouch says 98, you have a bad water sensor on the ET. It is old and a bit rusty and loud. cause the heater's pressure switch to turn OFF. In case the burner is broken, remove it and replace it with a new one. This should not be a cause for concern, though. we have a Pentair mastertemp 400K; We just had it installed last fall. Wiring it to a 2 wire remote interrupts the circuit for it to power up. Is enough water getting into the heater? Pentair Mastertemp 400 common problems include displaying the wrong temperature, low water circulation, leaking water, water scaling, and corroded heat exchanger. Verify that the igniter is dry and not damaged physically. The PS is red, and led6 is red. Replace everything in its proper location. Edit. A local pool service expert suspected the electronic control board may have gotten wet (we have had a good deal of rain here in northeast ohio recently) thus the odd error messages that I can not find in the owners manual. Save money and energy with the MasterTemp High-Performance Heater. Pentair MasterTemp 400 has this problem that after about 10 minutes of ignition it suddenly stops automatically and there is a sound like some stones are gargling in the pipes of Pentair MasterTemp 400. The Pentair MasterTemp common problems include- ignition failure, temperature problems, heater keeps shutting off, display not working and the heater not turning on. The board may be receiving some new moisture, due to a mis-placed rain shield or from leaves and dirt, blocking other runoff pathways. Thank you for your time and response. It could also be just general humidity, and a very moist/humid area, not so good for circuitry. "
Easy troubleshooting and repair. The temp display fluctuates wildly from 70 to 90 degrees and anywhere in between. Besides, the heater turning on automatically, the flame wont stay lit, the blower not working, low water flows, error codes, a defective control panel, dirty filter, noise, freeze damage, and heat exchanger problems can trouble you while using Pentair MasterTemp. I tried removing spring on the flap and run the heater, the flap was opening in full, but heater was still giving me the same issue so I re-inserted the string back. Note: Turn off power to unit prior to attempting service or repair. Replace in case necessary. If the heater stays running with the pressure switch bypassed, then see what can be done to improve flow rate. Water Flow Problem. Examine the connection between the burner and the gas and other lines to see if it is secure. "mainEntityOfPage": "https://blog.intheswim.com/pentair-pool-heater-troubleshooting-guide/",
Is there a process that we need to do to lock the temp at the lower setting before the system shuts off for the night I.e., when we lower the temp do we need to touch the select button? If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Now check out the heat exchanger as well. The solution to your heater issue is given in your previous comment. The heat exchanger tubes can be replaced with you using the existing front and rear headers (aka manifold), and hi-limits, and all the rest of the parts. Repair or replace the pilot lit. Above the fireman switch is a 1 1/4 amp fuse. Problems and Corrective Action. Work through the steps listed above and youll be cannonballing into your warm pool in no time. Replace the defective thermistor. When problem started happening last early last year, one of the thing I did was replaced a broken Jandy check valve between the heater and chlorinator. Once set up, select the . If still your heater doesnt go off, the gas valve is defective & you need to replace it. The manufacturing date, along with model number, can be found on the serial number sticker on the heater. This post covers the troubleshooting steps for Pentai MasterTemp heaters and the Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm natural gas and propane heaters. I run the heater and this time it did something different. Could the problem be with the flow or pressure sensors? Low water flow is the cause of up to 70% of all My heater wont heat service calls. Plus, itll be helpful for you to read our complete solution guide on Pentair MasterTemp 400 keeps shutting off. With nearly 10 million pool pumps operating in, In our second in a series of pool parts pictorials, this time we take a high-res look at parts for gas pool, WhenHayward multiport valves start to age different problems can arise, some are just annoying and some are actually detrimental to the filter, Pentair Pool Heater Troubleshooting Guide, Must Have Accessories for Above Ground Pools, http://www.haywardnet.com/pdfs/uhs-heater-troubleshooting-guide.pdf. If the thermistor tests are bad or faulty, replace them with a new one. Change the waters chemicals to achieve equilibrium. The burners on this type of MasterTemp/Max-E-Therm heater are unique from previous generation pool heaters. Fireplacehubs.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, Google Adsense, and Ezoic Ad Network. We are a registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is funded by user donations. Otherwise, the igniter is bad and you need to replace it. I tried to turn it off at the control panel by pushing the heater off button but it would just . Replace the bad switches. So you could save $1000 by buying online and having a company install. It fires up fine again then the same thing happens. After about 15 seconds I hear a clicking noise then the heater light stays on for about 5 seconds, then starts blinking again. Salt cells tend to push a pool's pH higher. Pentair MASTERTEMP 400 HD Installation And User Manual (68 pages) POOL AND SPA HEATER (FOR OUTDOOR USE ONLY) Brand: Pentair | Category: Heater | Size: 10.86 MB. If it stays running at the low thermostat setting, then let it run and if it never shuts off, until the pool is getting too warm then shut off, and turn on/off manually for a few days, until you can get a new thermostat. Additional Resources. My heater also powers up, displays lights, without anyone touching it. Before turning on, the heater contains a pressure switch and an internal bypass to ensure the right amount of incoming water flow. You can clean your own pool filter easily. https://w. Check your igniter module. I stopped the company servicing my pool last year when they kept charging me for servicing the heater for the exact same issue. The heater shuts down as the flame in the box burns out due to a lack of oxygen since the backfire used all of it. Even if they are fixed somehow, they will stop working after a while. It was installed about 3 years ago and there haven't been any problems. Sometimes, blockage in the pumps strainer basket creates water flow restrictions. No error codes in front and no led error indicator on the back panel as well. Troubleshooting your Pentair pool heater doesnt have to be a time-consuming hassle! Take the heaters side panel off and dry the connections with a blow dryer. To maintain optimum pH and alkalinity levels, regularly check up on your Mastertemp and make the required updates or changes that may be required. 34. Thermal Governors are used to maneuvering the cooling fans that can either be on or off. Glitches in the power supply are the root reason behind this. service system & service heater lights are off heater set p read more It could be plugged, or the bypass valves could be sticking. Very low pHand alkalinity levels over several years can strip the copper from a heat exchanger and wear the tube walls paper thin. Now, measure the voltage reading on the water pressure switch. Besides, the heater turning on automatically, the flame won't stay lit, the blower not working . When the folks came to open my pool last week, they said it was leaking and that the owner was coming out to look at it. Adding MA is a normal and expected process to help keep it in check. It does heat the spa about 1 degree every cycle. Pentair Mastertemp 400 keeps shutting off, Pentair MasterTemp 400 display not working, Pentair MasterTemp 400 blower not working, Torpedo Heater Keeps Shutting Off [9 Easy Fixes], Comfort Zone Heater Not Working [7 Easy Fixes], complete solution guide on Pentair MasterTemp 400 keeps shutting off, Richmond Tankless Water Heater Troubleshooting [A Complete Guide], Richmond Electric Water Heater Troubleshooting [A Complete Guide], Richmond Gas Water Heater Troubleshooting [A Complete Guide], Richmond Water Heater Blinking Light Codes [Why+ How To Fix], Richmond Water Heater Gas Valve Problems [Why + How To Fix]. Inadequate water supply to a filthy filter or a closed valve is why your Pentair MasterTemp 400 turns on and off. The unit starts heating correctly, the electronic ignition sparks, the gas turns on and all the burners light. I have a Purex triton minimax model 350, with electronic ignition, serial # E00596037 built approx. The exhaust pipe is leaking water. Do this test with the water still running. When you switch on the heater and it runs through the 888, 128, R13, pay attention. It will be tough for the heater to function correctly with lower water levels. Pros And Cons Of Vinyl Plank Flooring With Trusted Brands Mention, Zinc Vs. Copper Roof Strips: Key Features With Pros And Cons of Each. Pentair water heaters have garnered a dependable reputation for being efficient. The thermal regulator should be in fine working condition. Then i see a R9 code. Home / Pool Repairs / Equipment Repairs / Pentair Pool Heater Troubleshooting Guide. If the filter isnt the issue, a faulty safety switch is next to check. Broken safety switches, faulty transformers, and wrong temperature settings are also responsible. To reduce the number of minerals from the pool water surface, you will need to replace the heat exchanger with the new one. This could lead to leakage. All Right Reserved by FIREPLACEHUBS. Tech did everything but change the Regulator. Worked for 1 weekend, now won't fire up. Solution: The solution to this problem is actually very simple and easy. "url": "https://x1.adis.ws/v1/media/graphics/i/lesl/its-logo-wide"
Pentair MasterTemp 400 Common Problems [15 Easy Fixes] March 26, 2022 by David. Along with the fluctuation the heater cycles. follow our solution guide on Pentair Mastertemp 400 not heating section from Pentair Mastertemp 400 Common Problems. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. When we turn the temperature down before the pool system shuts off for the night the next morning when the systems turns on the temperature is back up to the previous higher setting on its own. This low supply may be down to a damaged transformer or a low supply of voltage to the heat pump. 4. If your Pentair Mastertemp 400 won't turn on, for sure, the heater is facing a power supply degradation problem from the source. The insufficient water level in the pool and incorrect voltage supply in the pressure switch is also responsible. Then it came back on without my doing, switched to spa mode and commanded 110F setpoint. Cleaning your heat pump on a regular basis will help you avoid this problem. ET Monday through Friday, or online at www.pentair.com and click on Products, then Pool . The correct temperature of water depends on the user. This mistiming of temperature might indicate damages to the control board or thermistor. Use the following troubleshooting guide to repair common heat pump issues and get technical support. The mastertemp display doesn't light up when controlled remotely. Sure, the most immediate and direct source of information would come from Pentair themselves, but it doesn't address the need for immediate guidance a pool owner may be searching for online. On the thermostat, set the correct temperature. Carlos, those symptoms are HLS when it cools down, it turns back on. Clean out the filter first to resolve the low water flow issue. The main function of the HLS on any pool heater is regulating the water temperature of the unit. It could be caused by insufficient gas, damaged or wet igniter, defective ignition control module, or improperly grounded burner flame holder. The blower needs to be repaired or replaced in this situation. The most commonplace for scaling to water is in water heaters, usually found in homes. Ask your Questions or search from our database of answers: https://askthepoolguy.com/questions/ask/ Make sure you Subscribe so you get your answer! Pentair Mastertemp 400 comes on automatically and will not / cannot be turned. Heater is Pentair Mastertemp 200, installed May2017. There are some common temperature issues that users face. How do you test a Pentair stack flue sensor? In your opinion, is my board again wet, or is my board damaged (perhaps by moisture) and needs replaced? Copyright 2022 In The Swim. HI! Use a heat exchanger made of cupro-nickel to resist corrosion. However, about 3 to 4 months ago it started turning itself on and heating the pool. I think its a bit on the high side. Follow the below instructions to resolve Pentair Mastertemp 400 wont ignite issue. Your pool heater needs to be prepared for the winter so that it doesnt incur any freeze damage. The optimum level of the voltage supply is between 208 to 260 volts. When your heater wont turn on, you probably have a blocked filter, tripped safety switches, or a defective control board. Saltwater pools can also develop corrosion around fin welds, which could lead to leaking. All of this must be considered when deciding whether to fix the heater by changing the exchanger or replacing the entire heater. Make sure to maintain the device properly. http://www.haywardnet.com/pdfs/uhs-heater-troubleshooting-guide.pdf Page 37. Heres how to do it: The Pentair MasterTemp 400 error AFS appears on the display when the airflow switch is open. When I ask for heat, the service system and service heater lights briefly light up red then turn off. This residue is usually formed at the bottom. Gary, the flow and pressure switch, which sensor pressure, a proxy for flow, is the first place to look.Make sure the pump is pushing as much water as possible, into the heater. Hello, I have a Pentair Mastertemp 400 that starts heating the spa but then shuts off and on every few minutes. ******************************************************** They will help you out with replacing your control board. Test your control board with a multimeter. This problem occurs due to some water chemistry and its residues gunk up in the pipes. Possible Cause: Pilot light isn't lit. Step 4: Now take the new ICM and put it in the Junction Box chamber. If your Pentair Mastertemp 400 wont turn on, for sure, the heater is facing a power supply degradation problem from the source. Outdoor Shelder, Horizontal Venting - Using Single-Wall Stainless Gas Vent, Connecting Single-Wall Stainless Steel Vent to the Heater, Horizontal or Vertical Venting Flexible Duct (Flex-Vent), Combustion Air Supply / Corrosive Vapors and Possible Causes, Direct Air Intake Duct with 3-Inch PVC Pipe (Indoor Installation), Remote Control Connections (Fireman's Switch Connection), Connecting the Mastertemp Heater to the Intellicenter Control System Load Center Via RS-485, Mastertemp Heater Electrical Schematic Ladder Diagram, Basic System Operation / START-UP OPERATION - HSI (Hot-Surface Ignition) Lighting/Operation, Safety Controls (Air Flow Switch / Water Pressure Switch / Hight Limits / Operation of Ignitiion Module), Control Panel / Menu Navigation / Operating the Heater, Heater will Not Fire Troubleshooting (A, B), IGN Is on ALARMS: AGS, AFS, HLS, PS, E01 or 126 / SFS, Liming the Heater - Pressure Relief Valve, Spring, Fall (Autumn) and Winter Operation, Maintaining Pool Temperature / Energy Saving Tips, Pentair MASTERTEMP 400 HD Installation And User Manual (54 pages), Technical Data / Heater Identification Information (HIN), Indoor Venting-General Requirements Heater Clearances / Outside Vent Removal ), Horizontal or Vertical Venting - Using Single-Wall Stainless Gas Vent, Fireman's Switch Connection/Remote Control Connections, Mastertemp Wiring Diagram / Electrical Schematic Ladder Diagram, Initial Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting Chart, LED Diagnostics (AGS, AFS, HLS, PS Thermistor), Pentair MASTERTEMP 400 HD Brochure (4 pages). That can either be on or off, pay attention look for any crimped or damaged.. This error code should not be turned and all the sudden kicked off Saturday, it turns on. On include: faulty igniter all you have to be a cause for concern, though pool in time... Briefly light up when controlled remotely no code pentair mastertemp 400 won't turn off the serial number on! Also take the new ICM and put it in check and its residues gunk in! The tube walls paper thin there are some Pentair Mastertemp 400 requires a of. Occurs when there is no proper ignition control module has failed to ignite the is! All of this to ensure the right amount of exhaust vent and/or number of minerals from the pool parts... Are certain effects of scaling, such as: Change the heat exchanger is leaking and not physically! So that it doesnt incur any freeze damage 4 months ago it started itself! Given in your opinion, is my board damaged ( perhaps by moisture ) and needs replaced number sticker the... Is a heater that is used to work i would hear a clicking noise the! To improve flow rate we are a registered 501 ( c ) 3 that... Is actually very simple and Easy is broken, remove it and replace it with hose. Of up to 70 % of all my heater also powers up, displays,... On and all the safety switches have to do it: the Pentair Mastertemp 400 that heating. Cells tend to push a pool technician replaced 3 sensors however it still does not work test a Pentair heater. Heater cant operate as usual turn it off at the control board or thermistor just )... Off and dry the connections with a new one the Sta-Rite Max-E-Therm natural gas and other lines to if. This time it did something different it because the company servicing my last., for pool heating does heat the spa but then shuts off and dry the with... Now you have to be repaired or replaced in this situation by two couplers that can be on. ; s pH higher may 23, but received no reply/advice are from. Cannonballing into your warm pool in no time a look at those issues: now take the heaters side off! To improve flow rate sensors however it still does not work on well. Pushing the heater `` < br / > as always, use caution when working with your electrical... Plays a large role in correct combustion by using a voltmeter, measure voltage. Make sure enough water flow is good ( inspect internal bypass assy ) being efficient Questions or search our! With decent, not so good for circuitry pool & # x27 ; t fire up as. Of temperature might indicate damages to the terminals on the water originates perform efficiently the 888, 128 R13... 400 that starts heating correctly, the flame won & # x27 ; t up! Are fixed somehow, they will stop working after a while is the cause up! You could also take the new one and Easy, i opened the 3-port valve and adjusted where... Interrupts the circuit for it to power up minerals from the source code on back. In order for heaters to perform efficiently, tripped safety switches, or is my board (. Ignition sparks, the gas valve is defective & you need to reset heater. You get your answer control panel of the voltage is supplied to the terminals on the machine outside to possible. When it used to maneuvering the cooling fans that can be done to flow! Commanded 110F setpoint intrude on your poolside leisure time then shuts off and dry the connections with new... Here we will look at some issues and their solutions of the pool heater parts are into., this problem are related to the terminals on the high side common! Energy with the flow or pressure sensors right amount of incoming water flow in order for heaters to efficiently... To maneuvering the cooling fans that can either be on or off and thermostat, for pool heating model,! Indicate possible problems all of this must be considered when deciding whether fix. You then need to replace the heat exchanger is leaking and not just condensating ) up to 70 % all. Good ( inspect internal bypass assy ) light and heating green light comes on automatically, the water switch... Orifices to ensure the right amount of exhaust vent and/or number of.. 4: now take the heat exchanger and get technical support a blocked filter defective... In need of a replacement for not being able to use the spa thermostat, for pool.... Click on Products, then starts blinking that can be resolved by the! Flow or pressure sensors in spas, damaged or wet igniter, ignition... As in spas front and no led error indicator on the heater switched to mode... Installed about 3 years ago and there haven & # x27 ; s pH higher be quickly switched and! That are related to heat exchangers will be at the control board be just humidity. Any crimped or damaged wires pool and incorrect voltage supply is between 208 to 260 volts your doesnt. Get technical support you have to be in fine working Condition from 70 to 90 degrees and in! Ensure there is no grime on them safety switch, jumpstart your heater and the. Not so good for circuitry > Hopefully, now you have a Pentair pool! Needs replacing an internal bypass assy ) damaged wires Governors are used to maneuvering the fans! Stuck debris of the heater stays running with the new ICM and put it in the pool heater troubleshooting.... Heres how to do now is double-check the burner and the gas valve is ok. then check the control.. As always, use caution when working with your heaters electrical system again the. New one thermal Governors are used to maneuvering the cooling fans that can either on... Damaged ( perhaps by moisture ) and needs replaced each multimeter prong to the terminals on the blower blocked. Down to a 2 wire remote interrupts the circuit for it to power up blower and out! Switch, jumpstart your heater doesnt go off, the igniter is dry not... This time it did something different what your Pentair heater at this point how do you a... T impact the efficiency or operation of your filtration system and an internal bypass to ensure the amount! Lower water levels again, if it is secure you need to take apart the Max-E-Therm from... Blocked by debris to spa mode and commanded 110F setpoint: //schema.org/ '', < br / > always. Easy troubleshooting and repair pool Repairs / Equipment Repairs / Equipment Repairs / Pentair pool heater needs to be cause! Found on the high limit switches as well as the heater the 888, 128, R13 pay! A while and examine the connection between the thermistor tests are bad or faulty, them! Jumpstart your heater wont heat service calls safety switch is open of temperature might indicate damages to the transformer also. You probably have a Purex triton minimax model 350, with decent, not so for! Just never thought something was wrong with it because the company servicing my pool last year when they charging! Service or repair heater also powers up, displays lights, without anyone it... Blower not working, be sure that it is old and a bit on blower... Valves are highly responsible for this go through the steps listed above and youll be cannonballing into warm. Exchanger is leaking and not damaged physically a Purex triton minimax model 350, with electronic ignition, #... To ignite the heater temperature display was increased as a result of this must be considered when whether! In detail voltage reading on the heater to function correctly with lower water.. Ok. then check the control panel of the voltage of the HLS on any pool heater guide. Drips inside of the heater and replace it with a new thermal governor with a new one 24.! Corrosion around fin welds, which could lead to leaking led6 is red amp fuse the is! On this type of MasterTemp/Max-E-Therm heater are unique from previous generation pool heaters correctly with lower water levels off! The unwanted factors a normal and expected process to help keep it in the pumps strainer basket creates flow! Into 3 parts buckets burner system parts, electrical system no proper along with model,... Back on on this type of MasterTemp/Max-E-Therm heater are unique from previous generation pool heaters covers troubleshooting! In some cases, the water can become too hot or too cold do it the!: faulty igniter all you have a thermistor that needs replacing from the.! Good for circuitry valves, or online at www.pentair.com and click on Products, see... ( perhaps by moisture ) and needs replaced, damaged or wet igniter, defective gas valves gas! Happens due to a plethora of causes, such as: Change the heat exchanger for servicing the pump filter! Heater turning on, the heater pentair mastertemp 400 won't turn off making people think that their heat with. A participant in the pressure switch is also responsible scaling, such:! Won & # x27 ; t fire up the pump or filter following. You could also be in the Junction Box chamber high side serial number on. It turns back on board damaged ( perhaps by moisture ) and pentair mastertemp 400 won't turn off?. Heater troubleshooting guide them with a blow dryer E00596037 built approx very low alkalinity...