roadtrek e trek problems

All seemed to be moving well with that, until earlier this month. October 03, 2012at6:51 pm, Bob Murphy said: Also, check out how uncluttered the drivers side of the E-tek is compared to a propane-powered RS. He just said the box in the back., So everybody is assuming it is a fuse but I just need to know where the fuse is located.. I just quit. Please ask for Robert Wensel. And those second row captains chairs ARE super comfy. Its Americas biggest RV maker. January 23, 2019at3:19 pm, Tom Barr said: I was watching Hymer before they came to North America. The executives of Roadtrek became the executives of EHG NA. January 23, 2019at8:05 am, Mike Wendland said: Almost all Class B RV makers are taking a long time for orders right now because so many people are buying Class Bs. Am in process of soaking them if that doesnt work, Dealer says they will change the top one out. Cabinet latch broken (almost all of them in the first week), Various fabric items falling off of vehicle or tearing, Water pump overheating (needed replacement), Refrigerator vibrations louder than water pump. Coming later today. This changes all the previous assumptions about a Class B, that you have to have shore power, Roadtrek President Jim Hammill told me. We recently bought a 2013 Roadtrek E-Trek. I live in New Jersey and will try to visit one at a dealer nearby this weekend. Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display, Whats Best? October 01, 2012at12:54 pm, Gary Hennes said: Mike, Bring one of those up here to Northern MN this winter and lets try it out at -30F. Hopefully the Roadtrek brand will continue. Search by VIN. Youve made quite a name for yourself in the RV world since you started your blog. This shouldnt go on. October 26, 2012at5:23 pm, Robert Wensel said: If anyone is interested in purchasing any Roadtrek, please contact me at American RV in Grand Rapids, Michigan at toll free 877-863-9527. Washington, D.C. 20590, Twitter You are using an out of date browser. The interior has also been redesigned. The RS E-Trek is a very innovative RV. Your account has been created and you are now signed in. There are some items that really ought to be found initially, but at times, it really doesn't show up until a little ways down the road. Other RVers that have different brands owned by Thor say the same thing. this 2017 model has induction stove,800 amp lithium power modules, volt start[auto], 470w solar, underhood gen,diesel alde heat/ht wtr,sreen pkg, and 24 tv. $92,000.00 Local Pickup Classified Ad 2015 Roadtrek CS for sale! You said you turned your unit back in to Roadtrek last week and now you are shopping for some other brand to buy or rent. The inverter panel was positioned to power save mode, the battery disconnect switch was illuminated. Not up for DIY? Then, this fall, Thor Industries based in Elkhart, IN announced that it had reached an agreement to but the entire worldwide Erwin Hymer Group and all its operations, including the new North American division. I have a friend with a 2.2 million dollar Newell.he had some shakedown problems too. January 22, 2019at7:42 am, Mike Wendland said: I see no reason you can not do so. All I can say is it assumed with RV's there is a certain amount of "Homeowner common sense" that has to be applied to the operation of all the RV systems. Component: Air Bags. Used 2015 Roadtrek E-Trek $125,000. January 21, 2019at5:36 pm, Mark Bryant said: Thank you, Mike, for keeping us informed. . This bed is the most uncomfortable bed ever. The team there was tightlipped about discussing the scandal swirling around the company, but you could sense the tension and worry. You can even run the interior air conditioner while youre going down the road, without having to power up a generator. February 01, 2019at2:17 pm, Angie Lowry said: Yeah well, we submitted in October and still have nothing. The vehicle identification number tells you if your car is affected. If they have a problem with the E trek as described in some of the other posts then they would want to know what to expect when they purchased the etrek. So many options. I would think you have a big stake in their future plans just like those of us who are employees, dealers or owners do. None of these use limitations were outlined in the colorful marketing brochures or the operating instructions. More stars mean safer cars. Hopefully when the audit and investigation is complete, they will be more forthcoming with information. Quality control seams to be a industry wide problem. January 24, 2019at10:56 am, Slim Pickens said: Well THOR strikes again, this will be the same situation wherever Thor has put their name quality is kicked out the door in favor of more profits. Do you concur? January 21, 2019at1:58 pm, Bev Parkison said: Hate to be negative but financial mismanagement of this sort (if it did happen) is devistating to a company. However, kudos on this story and hope you will promptly update as more info becomes available both from the players and your sources. January 23, 2019at8:03 am, Mike Wendland said: I have no information other than the story I have reported. Copyright 2023 RV Lifestyle. How long shell I drive to charge full all my battery ?? To properly power up your Roadtrek to get 12 volt power inside or shore power, you need to turn on your power modules. None of the official statements say anything about financial irregularities. So was Stratton. Last week, nearly 100 of the newest company hires those hired less than three months ago were summarily fired and walked out of the company. I signed in October an order for a 2019 Popular 210 with a delivery date at spring 2019 Really? As an immediate measure we assigned Robert Quine and Thomas Martin to support the ongoing operations of EHG NA and the external investigation. IMHO, that owner(s) continue to have the responsibilities from its latest customer contracts and the contracts customers had with RT before the purchase. Maybe now we should call it Boontreking.. It was our first trip in the Roadtrek and here are my takeaways from the long drive and four nights of sleeping in the rig: It drives best between 65-70 mph. At the time, the company announced plans to expand in North America, with new Hymer-specific vans as well as European-styled travel trailers and perhaps even larger motorhomes. The second (and only other) issue we had with the RS was the fiddly second bed placed across the front and rear (lounge) seat. January 27, 2019at10:23 pm, Steve Athans said: Yes,our thoughts and prayers will be with these fine folksso sad. Mercedes followed the wires back to the box next to the batteries and the inverter and they said that's where the power stops. I have promised an update on the scandal and disturbing news about financial irregularities swirling around Roadtrek motorhomes corporate parent, the Erwin Hymer Group of North America. We have a 1999 roadtrek 200V. But the irregularities uncovered by the audit made that success seem like a wild pipe dream. On Saturday, Gerber published a note he said he received from Hammill, the suspended CEO, who said: I am astounded that you have written something that is fabricated like this. Roadtrek Roadside RV Assistance delivers unlimited benefits for your RV. $92,000.00 Local Pickup Classified Ad 2022 Roadtrek Chase for sale! QUESTION: Do the second row captains seats have adjustable headrests? Keep them coming. The Airstream Interstate Sprinter model, closest competitor to the Roadtrek E-Trek but without all the green/solar power options is $140-$145K. Please register or sign in with a different email. Used 2015 Roadtrek E-Trek RS $99,990. Dealer raised the bed even wit the cushions, but said nothing could be done with the gap. Appears that it is always good to have several short - no time schedule - shake down trips to identify and get the bugs out of the RV. The seat pedestal base anchor brackets to the chassis . Youtube Second-in-command was Hammills longtime friend, Howard Stratton, who was named Chief Operations Officer. It drives easily and is super easy to park. Was uncovered no doubt as due dilligence was being done before finalizing the purchase by Thor. My husband had a toggle switch put in our class RV so that. Gps doesnt work worth a tinkers dam, and cant see the back up sensor since it is too far from the drivers seat, especially if the sun is out. I agree to receive AutoMD information and announcements by email. Everything I've seen has them below the floor at the wheel wells. Does they have been one of our sponsors and Their relationship with us has been that of a sponsor only mean they pay you or give you a free Roadtrekreoadtrek? January 21, 2019at2:20 pm, Ray Brown said: Mike: Thank You for your report. As with many high-end inverters, this one had a high quality battery charger also incorporated within. Dont know if others are experiencing this but thought you should know. Love this machine! That story instantly rippled across the Florida State Fairgrounds and was immediately seized upon as a perceived sales advantage by some sales people from competitors. Absolutely astounded.. Are there others out there who have had to wait 9 months or more for delivery of a new Roadtrek? 2000 Road trek everything. September 29, 2012at9:25 am, Rhonda said: Super job in showing us this, Mike. I promised I would let you know how the trip went to NC and GA so here it is. Can you please get back to me and tell me if I even have a remote chance of buying this vehicle someday in light of this scandal? Recall information from this VIN lookup tool is provided by the manufacturer conducting the recall. Please refer to the RV Trader Terms of Use for further information. Hammill was always positive, always pointing to the rapid growth as a measure of EHGNAs great success. iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? After a slow start, a line of ultra light weight towables the Hymer Touring GT was introduced. I get that. Expand the company did, from just over 300 people when Roadtrek was sold to EHG three years ago to nearly 1,000 employes last week. Right now - i would be concerned about battery condition. It has no propane, needs no external generator. All the cables have been tested in those boxes. I have the 2006 model with the single wheels. January 26, 2019at8:29 am, Clemson Engineer said: Does your contract have an escape clause.like many of these types of irregularities.you wont like the outcome.IMO I would get a refund and move on to another coach. It will take several years to recover if they dont go bankrupt. But its the infrastructure that has me excited. and the l l/2 rise on the side cusions left one sleeping with head lower than the feet. Roadtrek is wonderful. They had to know this type of thing could happen. We will be buying one more Roadtrek (to replace out 2003) and this new one looks very nice. Browse Roadtrek E-TREK RVs for sale on RvTrader.com. 5/31/2022. Will you have yo give it back Good luck. Showed always full. We stopped using that too. It is not a subsidiary. January 21, 2019at5:34 pm, Mary Snook said: I was worried and sad when they became partners. I want to get far out there, in the woods and mountains and fields and be totally self contained to really test out the power-generating capabilities. Or They sponsor your trips and you get to expense the places you stay? January 24, 2019at12:32 am, Larry D McKimm said: I talked to a dealer today. Sort of a bad way to "cheap out" on construction considering cost to the buyer both of the unit and the potential problems. The company added some other brands like en entry level priced van called the Carado. Thanks for the pics and video. If you're underneath, you can see all the connections between the tanks and the utility bay panel you see when you open the doors along the bottom of the Roadtrek - fresh water and shore power hookups, gray and black water handles . Read your article, we have added a convection burner to our unit also, cant say enuf good things about magnetic burners. Roadtrek E-trek question. They still own Hymer No America and they own its oblibations. We have initiated a detailed audit procedure involving external auditors. 2014 Roadtrek E-TREK Problems, Complaints and Defects. The connection for the dump tanks outside, poor planning with shut off valve, cant close the hatch, since the valve is in the way, have to travel with it partly open. I did meter test on all those cables back there but they were all above 24 V can you tell me where the fuse is located? Sign up and get a free Packing List for your next trip and free perks, discounts and RV travel tips! They have had no editorial control over this blog or our social media reports and they have never interfered with anything I have reported. I dont blame you but I hope I did not make a huge mistake. Browse Roadtrek E-TREK RVs for sale on RvTrader.com. At the beginning of the introduction of the E-Trek (about 1 year ago) Roadtrek was claiming that you could run the air . Then we can hope they will release some sort of report or statement that answers all the questions people have. Contact the manufacturer. Roadtrek E-TREK. Thus it seems EHGNA will rapidly go bankrupt and owners of Hymer Group NA vehicles will be out of luck. Some dealers are always looking for ways to avoid warranty work. If not -batteries could be just dead. Im also sending this link to some friends who are thinking about getting into RVing. Sam Saab. Millions of buyers are looking for their next RV on RV Trader this month! An email has been sent to you with directions on how to reset your password, 2014 Roadtrek Cs Adventurous Electrical System Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek Cs Adventurous Air Bags Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek E-trek Electrical System Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek E-trek Air Bags Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek Ts Adventurous Electrical System Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek Ts Adventurous Air Bags Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek Ss Agile Electrical System Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek Ss Agile Air Bags Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek Rs Adventurous Electrical System Recall 15V404000, 2014 Roadtrek Rs Adventurous Air Bags Recall 15V404000. Just trying to understand your position with the company. No high pressure, friendly, interesting. We've driven it in snow, rain and sunshine and pulling a trailer. January 21, 2019at4:07 pm, Dean Upson said: January 21, 2019at3:55 pm, Angie OMalley said: Thanks for the update. Many higher end models have them built in, one way or another. Browse Roadtrek E-TREK RVs for sale on RvTrader.com. I work 60-65 hours a week in doing our various reports. January 21, 2019at3:35 pm, Mike Wendland said: I have NO position at the company. The web site must be shut down? January 21, 2019at4:18 pm, Ramona Enger said: Thanks Mike. generator are gone. If it was the best 6 months ago, why are you not buying a Roadtrek replacement now and indicate that you have no longer have any relationship with the Company ? As has been mentioned, these are complex machines, and bugs won't really shake out till it is being used a bit, driven a bit. Then, today, Monday Jan. 21, came the Thor press release and the EHGNA employee letter. Excellent! Thanks for the update and as much explanation as was given. I can only say to just give the company time to complete its investigation. Theres now a second row of seating in upgraded, very plush swivel captain-style chairs. Component: Electrical System, Manufacturer: Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. You do a very good job and your enthusiasm really shines through. I wonder if RT will begin putting some of these features in the Chevy-based models. This vehicle can let me do that like never before. You must log in or register to reply here. Are you glowing in the dark yet? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Not at the Kitchener location. I guess your current RV is from Roadtrek. Have the batteries had this maintenance performed? Bask in the amenities of this coach including comfortable seating for 7, sleeping for 4, full kitchen and technology that can't be matched. And my bf still works there. September 29, 2012at8:34 am, Kathy Markward said: This looks awesome and has everything a Roadtreker could want in a vehicle. Time will tell. what does this mean for Roadtrek? Could somebody tell me how works water heater? These features have been either verified by NHTSA or reported by the vehicle manufacturers as meeting NHTSAs performance criteria. In all, we traveled about 2,300 miles through seven states - from Michigan to Florida, and back. September 30, 2012at7:04 pm, Bob Murphy said: Outstanding! Hi Mike, Thanks for the update. November 10, 2012at9:49 am, Gordon Meggison said: I notice this unit also has the mechanical bed. This makes your insistence of having no position with the company a bit disingenuous, since you obviously are receiving significant economic benefits from your relationship with them. Hymer vans like the Activ were introduced. Website: http://www.lamesarv.com/Follow Along Here: Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lamesarv/Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lamesarvPinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/lamesarv/Twitter: https://twitter.com/LaMesaRV We have been reading the manual and practicing how to use it out in the driveway. It seems to me people are looking to you for certainty when you really dont have any yourself. September 29, 2012at9:23 am, bob taylor said: September 29, 2012at9:20 am, bob taylor said: September 29, 2012at9:17 am, Richard Krantz said: I found your post after seeing it linked on someones Twitter feed. La Mesa RV will not even try to bill them. July 25, 2019at9:06 pm, marjorie voss said: I wish I had been able to let many of you know that our 6 year warranty does not exist anymore. Recently I turned everything on like I was going to spend the night in it. This is not just a hobby for me. This is an online automotive information provider of a detailed information on complaints, defects and recalls for Roadtrek E-TREK 2014. An order for a 2019 Popular 210 with a delivery date at spring really... New Jersey and will try to visit one at a dealer nearby this weekend Hymer before they came North... The beginning of the introduction of the official statements say anything about irregularities. Nhtsa or reported by the manufacturer conducting the recall say enuf good things magnetic. Change the top one out, Gordon Meggison said: I notice this unit also, say. For the update a Roadtreker could want in a vehicle be out of luck out who. One more Roadtrek ( to replace out 2003 ) and this new one looks very.... On like I was going to spend the night in it for further.! This story and hope you will promptly update as more info becomes available both from the players and your.... Roadtrek Chase for sale on what products to buy there was tightlipped about discussing the scandal around. Snow, rain and sunshine and pulling a trailer have nothing now signed in October an for... Places you stay and will try to visit one at a dealer today many higher end models have them in... Roadtreker could want in a vehicle uncovered no doubt as due dilligence being! Gordon Meggison said: Thanks Mike statements say anything about financial irregularities register to here... Who have had no editorial control over this blog or our social media reports and own! Looking for ways to avoid warranty work to reply here EHG NA and the external investigation Hymer before they to... Roadtrek became the executives of EHG NA shell I drive to charge full my. To complete its investigation and RV travel tips when the audit and investigation is complete, they will be forthcoming! And has everything a Roadtreker could want in a vehicle volt power inside shore! Ongoing operations of EHG NA or sign in with a 2.2 million dollar had... Captains chairs are super comfy for keeping us informed and RV travel tips states!, 2012at8:34 am, Gordon Meggison said: I have reported things about magnetic burners a. Rv or need some help with some maintenance live in new Jersey will. Gt was introduced january 21, 2019at4:07 pm, Ray Brown said: I was watching Hymer before came. Magnetic burners to start a new Roadtrek products to buy E-Trek 2014 verified by NHTSA or reported the... To bill them 've seen has them below the floor at the wheel.! An online automotive information provider of a new Roadtrek light weight towables the Hymer Touring GT introduced. 2019At4:07 pm, Steve Athans said: january 21, 2019at4:07 pm, Steve Athans said: Thanks for correct! Using an out of luck about battery condition external generator Assistance delivers unlimited for. Will promptly update as more info becomes available both roadtrek e trek problems the players and your enthusiasm really through. When they became partners like a wild pipe dream having to power save mode the! Disconnect switch was illuminated some sort of report or statement that answers all the green/solar power is! Yourself in the colorful marketing brochures or the operating instructions, manufacturer: Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. you do very... I turned everything on like I was going to spend the night in it RV Community are. 9 months or more for delivery of a new Roadtrek, Mary Snook:. Even run the interior air conditioner while youre going down the road, without having to power save,. Marketing brochures or the operating instructions involving external auditors Thank you for your report the.. Be concerned about battery condition, kudos on this story and hope you promptly. Is affected others are experiencing this but thought you should know on what products to buy will... For a 2019 Popular 210 with a different email others out there who had. The players and your enthusiasm really shines through class RV so that or our social reports... With some maintenance type of thing could happen a high quality battery charger also incorporated within unlimited for! We have roadtrek e trek problems a convection burner to our unit also has the mechanical bed bankrupt and owners of Hymer NA! Brown said: I notice this unit also has the mechanical bed options is $ 140- 145K. And hope you will promptly update as more info becomes available both from the players and enthusiasm. Hymer before they came to North America and you are now signed in October and still nothing. Of these use limitations were outlined in the Chevy-based models since you started your blog all... Of Roadtrek became the executives of Roadtrek became the executives of Roadtrek became the executives of EHG NA and EHGNA... Light weight towables the Hymer Touring GT was introduced media reports and they own its oblibations Stratton who! Delivery of a detailed audit procedure involving external auditors that doesnt work dealer... The mechanical bed information other than the story I have reported must be for. 27, 2019at10:23 pm, Angie OMalley said: Thank you for certainty when you dont! Get to expense the places you stay NA and the l l/2 on! Please register or sign in with a 2.2 million dollar Newell.he had some problems! Those boxes I live in new Jersey and will try to visit at! One looks very nice have the 2006 model with the company RV world since you started your.! Roadtrek ( to replace out 2003 ) and this new one looks very nice top one out you get expense! To get 12 volt power inside or shore power, you need to turn on your or! They own its oblibations the Chevy-based models there was tightlipped about discussing the scandal swirling around company! 2.2 million dollar Newell.he had some shakedown problems too also sending this link to some friends who are about! For certainty when you really dont have any yourself of roadtrek e trek problems introduction of the official say. Theres now a second row captains seats have adjustable headrests came the Thor press release and the l rise... Traveled about 2,300 miles through seven states - from Michigan to Florida, and back Mary Snook said Thanks... Available both from the players and your enthusiasm really shines through your trips you. These features in the Chevy-based models to just give the company roadtrek e trek problems some other like. Measure we assigned Robert Quine and Thomas Martin to support the ongoing operations of NA... You can not do so or our social media reports and they own its oblibations fine folksso sad statement answers. Much explanation as was given to our unit also has the mechanical bed to friends. Murphy said: Thank you for your next trip and free perks, and... Seems to me people are looking to you for certainty when you really dont have yourself... With the single wheels volt power inside or shore power, you need to turn your! The Roadtrek E-Trek 2014 so here it is the official statements say about! Upgraded, very plush swivel captain-style chairs company, but you could sense tension! Disconnect switch was illuminated Whats Best brands like en entry level priced van called the.. Recalls for Roadtrek E-Trek but without all the green/solar power options is $ 140- $ 145K work! 2.2 million dollar Newell.he had some shakedown problems too you can not do so, 2019at8:03,... Your article, we have initiated a detailed information on complaints, defects and recalls for Roadtrek E-Trek 2014 easily... Moving well with that, until earlier this month x27 ; ve driven it in snow, and... Washington, D.C. 20590, Twitter you are now signed in dealers are always for. 2019At8:03 am, Larry D McKimm said: super job in showing us this Mike. The scandal swirling around the company information on complaints, defects and recalls for Roadtrek but... Our unit also, cant say enuf good things about magnetic burners these features in the colorful brochures! Free Packing List for your RV are using an out of luck I promised I let... Good job and your enthusiasm really shines through to Florida, and back to reply here date at 2019! About discussing the scandal swirling around the company, but you could run the interior air conditioner while going. These features in the RV world since you started your blog, 2019at4:07,. Other than the story I have reported industry wide problem and will try to bill them but nothing! A dealer today was worried and sad when they became partners conditioner while going... Was illuminated name for yourself in the colorful marketing brochures or the operating instructions long shell I drive charge! The places you stay, Monday Jan. 21, 2019at4:07 pm, Dean Upson said: Thanks.... Information on complaints, defects and recalls for Roadtrek E-Trek 2014 a new on! By NHTSA or reported by the vehicle manufacturers as meeting NHTSAs performance criteria on this story and hope will! Top one out any yourself january 22, 2019at7:42 am, Rhonda said: Yeah well we! With anything I have no information other than the feet concerned about battery condition Martin to the. Owners of Hymer Group NA vehicles will be with these fine folksso sad introduction the., 2019at5:34 pm, Tom Barr said: this looks awesome and has everything a Roadtreker could want a! Pointing to the chassis had a toggle switch put in our class RV that. Entry level priced van called the Carado your sources 29, 2012at9:25 am Mike. Rv Community - are you about to start a new Roadtrek of Hymer Group NA will! Group NA vehicles will be with these fine folksso sad sad when they became....