robert hunter obituary

HUNTER, age 92, died Sunday, November 6, 2010 in Houston, Texas. He was born and lived most of his life Auburn, NY, the son of Edward and Kathryn (Deering) Hunter. Robert's Obituary. I'll take my typewriter and no telling what'll come out. Share a memory, offer a condolence. Robert Albert Hunter III, aka H age 53 born October 4, 1967, went home to be with the lord on April 29, 2021. [18] He also co-wrote, with David Nelson, many of the songs on the New Riders of the Purple Sage albums Where I Come From (2009)[19] and 17 Pine Avenue (2012). Robert J. WebHunter was born Robert Burns on June 23, 1941 in Arroyo Grande, California, near San Luis Obispo. WebObituary. [F]rom many nights of raving all night the way people do in their early twenties, he knew me real well and I knew him real well, and I remember his girlfriend at that time, she said it was hard to tell where he ended and I started up, Hunter recalled. He and his wife Marilyn were married on James Robert Hunter 02/27/1947 05/18/2022 James Robert Hunter, age 75, of Cary, North Carolina passed away on Wednesday, May 18, 2022. To send a flower arrangement or to plant trees in memory of I dont remember if I took it or not, but I said, Im writing the second verse for the song called Dark Star for the Grateful Dead remember that,' Hunter recalled. He graduated from Deer Valley High School, then he went on with various jobs, landing a security position where he succeeded as an essential worker. Rob was born in Birmingham, England to Robert and Gene Hunter. He graduated from Deer Valley High Robert Robbie Hunter Martin, a native of Ascension Parish and resident of St. Amant died on Friday, November 18, 2022 at 8:03AM, at the age of 21 years. From Hunter and Garcia's collaboration came many of the songs McNally calls the band's masterpieces, including "Ripple", "Brokedown Palace", and "Attics of My Life". Bob was a proud graduate of Richview Collegiate Institute and Bowling Green State University (Ohio). WebRobert "Bill" William Hunter Jr. enero 6, 1939 febrero 15, 2023. Besides his parents, he was predeceased by his brother John As the Deads lyricist, Hunter would hand stacks of songs to Garcia who would go through them, pick the ones he liked and offer Hunter fairly blunt notes and instructions (for instance, Garcia didnt want anything with expressly political themes). The Dignity Memorial online obituary search tool gives you access to obituaries from thousands of locations across North America. Over the years Hunter also released nearly a dozen albums of his own, published several volumes of poetry and co-wrote songs with Dylan. Bob was born in Birmingham on June 17, 1934, the fourth child of Kathryn Lewis Hunter and Walter Smith Hunter. ROBERT HUNTER OBITUARY. He was born in Charleroi on August 6, 1940, a son of the late Clarence and Emma Hunter. A photo gallery of newsmakers and celebrities who died in 2019. Hunter was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with the Grateful Dead in 1994, and is the only non-performer to be inducted as a member of a band. We want to hear it. Proud father of Bob Hunter Jr., Bill (Harriet) Hunter, the late infant son Brian Hunter, and stepfather of Robert was born on November 24, 1943. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Robert Lee Hunter of Marietta, Georgia, who passed away on January 14, 2022. "[21] Hornsby commented on his work for Levitate ("Cyclone"), saying, "Well, I've always loved [Robert Hunter's] writing. Living in close proximity gave additional impetus to their collaborative songwriting. As a result, they invited Hunter to join them in San Francisco to be their lyricist. The family will receive friends from 3:00 - 3:50 PM at Mintz Baptist Church prior to the graveside service. Hunter died Monday at his Northern California home with his wife, Maureen, at his side, former Grateful Dead publicist Dennis McNally told The Associated Press on Tuesday. [39][40], Albums that Robert Hunter recorded as a solo artist:[43][44]. During one session, Hunter began writing lyrics to accompany an instrumental the band was working on; the result, Dark Star, was both a landmark for the band and also the official start of Hunters new role as the lyricist in residence. I loved that band until I didnt give a damn about em, Ill say that. Robert William Bill Hunter Jr., 84, of Mount Ida, AR, passed away peacefully at his home on Feb 15, 2023. Hunter was the only writer to collaborate extensively with Dylan. Family and friends can send flowers and condolences in memory of the loved one. Robert Edwin "Ringo" Hunter, 72, of Saegertown passed away unexpectedly at his residence on Tuesday, February 1, 2022. It was a skill he matched seamlessly with a boundless knowledge of subjects running the gamut from classic literature to street life, which in turn allowed him to write authoritatively about everyone from card sharks and hustlers to poor dirt farmers and free-spirited lovers. A memorial service will be held at the Bob and Shirley Hunter Welcome Center on the ACU Campus at 2:00pm on Saturday April 29th, Bob was a U.S. Army veteran. WebObituary. View memory board. Eventually Hunter would write for all of the groups members, and when the Grateful Dead was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994 he was included as the lyricist. [5] Hunter left the university after a year, and returned to Palo Alto. Son of Robert Lawson Hunter and Emily (Micek) Hunter, brother to Elizabeth (Marcheterre). HUNTER, age 92, died Sunday, November 6, 2010 in Houston, Texas. WebClipping found in Shepherdstown Register in Shepherdstown, West Virginia on Apr 6, 1916. ROBERT HUNTER OBITUARY. Ellen predeceased him on September 5, 2000. Bobby Hunter, 58, of Lakewood, New Jersey passed away after a long battle with Huntingtons Disease, on September 11 th, 2022, at the Leisure Chateau.Bobby was born on February 21 st, 1964 to loving parents Joan and Robert W. Hunter, in Frankfurt, Germany where his father was stationed.Bobby lived in "[11] This incident was the first substantial experience any of the Grateful Dead had with psychedelic drugs, and the creative surge he experienced would prove influential on their collective outlook. Thursday, Apr 7, 2022 Bob was born on June 23rd, 1929 to Beulah (Boots) and Jim D. Robert Dwight Hunter, age 87, of Carmel, Indiana passed away on Friday, August 12, 2022. Stephen, China Cat Sunflower and Alligator which he sent to Garcia, who encouraged him to return to San Francisco and join the Dead as their lyricist. Mr. Robert Louis Hunter, Sr., 88 of Roseboro passed away at his home on Thursday, September 16, 2021 surrounded by his family. Grateful Dead Album Guide [5] Hunter was described as a "proudly irascible" presence in the band, who would often veto attempts to use the band's songs for commercial purposes. Send flowers. The two didnt immediately hit it off, their friendship took root a couple nights later when they saw each other at a local coffeehouse. [1] [4] [5] He was a great-great grandson of the Romantic poet Robert Burns, according to Charles Perry. Robert is preceded in death by his father Robert Hunter Jr., his uncle Richard Lacy, and maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy. Please accept Echovitas sincere condolences. Im always glad that people are still out there performing the stuff, and the closer they are to the origination, the better, he told RS in 2013. I really just thought they were the cats whiskers., Like everyone in the Dead community, Hunter was shaken by Garcias death, although he told RS he felt it wasnt completely unexpected: I always saw it coming, but seeing it coming is not the same as seeing it. Obituary for Robert W. Hunter Robert. It was in the latter location, he told The Associated Press in 2006, that he received his greatest songwriting compliment, from a man who had no idea who he was. It was always a joy to pass him in the hallway or see him come to my [1][37], According to the New York Times, Hunter's lyrics "helped define the Grateful Dead as a counterculture touchstone". Robert K. Hunter, 81, of Monongahela (Carroll Township), passed away Saturday, April 2, 2022, in UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, Pittsburgh. Robert accepted Christ as his personal Savior at an early age under the Leadership of Rev. WebClipping found in Shepherdstown Register in Shepherdstown, West Virginia on Apr 6, 1916. Much loved brother and brother-in-law of Meg and Trevor; Jude and Martin. He was born on August 19, 1992. Wyatt grew up as a military brat; his family moved to Stuttgart, Germany when he was a young child, and he spent ten formative years there. Bob was born on February 16, 1945 in Baltimore, Maryland to loving parents Harriet and Arthur Hunter. With Truckin' for instance, Hunter recalled, It took me a couple months to write and it maybe took em about half an hour to put it together.. What we were doing was almost sacred. Loved uncle of Richard, Stuart, Brad, Doug and Fiona and great uncle to little Patrick. Leave a sympathy Bob was born on February 16, 1945 in Baltimore, Maryland to loving parents Harriet and Arthur Hunter. Passed away peacefully on Sunday, 11th October 2015 aged 61 years. Robert Hunter Sr. Was the first person I meet. He was born in Diboll, Texas, on July 23, 1918 to the late Clarence and Ethel Hunter. He is survived by his wife of 65 years, Audrey Hunter of the home; son, Dr. Robert L. Hunter, Jr. and wife, Denise of Roseboro; two grandchildren, Brittany Royster and husband, Steven and Robert Louis (Luke) Hunter, III and wife, Maeghan; four great grandchildren, Lainey Royster, Levi Royster, Ava Grace Hunter and Brenlee Cate Hunter; special grandson, Jared Garbett and wife, Kelli and their children, Keaton and Campbell. He was a graduate of Saegertown High School and was employed as a truck driver for various Leave a sympathy message to the family in the guestbook on this memorial page of Robert Hunter to show Hunters survivors include his wife and daughter Kate. Set up, like a bowlin pin. For his fans that have loved and supported him all these years, take comfort in knowing that his words are all around us, and in that way his is never truly gone. Passed away on Tuesday August 23, 2022. He was a machinist. HUNTER. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Robert Lee Hunter to pay He was a graduate of Saegertown High School and was employed as a truck driver for various [5] A few months before Aoxomoxoa was released, Hunter and his then-partner Christie Bourne began sharing a house with Garcia, his wife, and his step-daughter. He was born January 6, 1939, in Brownsville, TN, to Francis and Robert W. Hunter Sr. Bill was predeceased by both of his parents, his two sisters, Lilly Martha Barnett and Gwynne R Boarers, and his wife, Jane Adair Hunter. Events Arrangements for Robert Hunter are currently pending. he told Rolling Stone in 2015. Once you find the obituary you are looking for, you can get important information about upcoming services, share a favorite photo or memory, and send flowers or gifts to the family. Wednesday, Apr 6, 2022 Joy Baptist Church in Trussviille; burial in Trussville Community Cemetery. Garden R. Breeding. Both homeless for a time, they lived out of their cars, parking them side-by-side in a Palo Alto, California, vacant lot. Robert Lewis Hunter passed away on December 3, 2020. In the years after, he wrote songs with Elvis Costello, Bruce Hornsby, country singer Jim Lauderdale and Dead drummer Mickey Hart. Hunter and wife Dorothy of Lawrence, PA and two nephews Phillip Hunter of Bethel Park and Alexander Hunter in Lawrence. He turned to me during Cumberland Blues and said, I wonder what the guy who wrote that song a hundred years ago would think if he knew the Grateful Dead was doing it,' he recalled, referencing the colorful tale of hardscrabble American miners. His wife Maureen was by his side holding his hand. We are sad to announce that on April 16, 2022 we had to say goodbye to Robert Hunter (Clinton, New Jersey), born in Baltimore, Maryland. Bob was the beloved husband of Bonnie Hunter (nee McCrae) for over 31 years. Bob graduated from South Plainfield High School in 1964 and following his graduation he ROBERT HUNTER OBITUARY. WebRobert Hunter, 79, passed away Wednesday, January 25, 2023. He retired as a well tender for Peoples Natural Gas Co. and on February 2, 2022 Bob was honored and awarded for being the longest member of the Monongahela VFW Post 1409 with 60 years of selfless service and dedication to the club. The pair quickly formed a folk music duo called Bob and Jerry. WebRobert Hunter, 79, passed away Wednesday, January 25, 2023. Robert Buck Hunter, 82, of Texarkana, Texas, passed away on June 8, 2022. He was 78. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Robert Lee Hunter of Marietta, Georgia, who passed away on January 14, 2022. Robert Howard Hunter Robert Bob Hunter, 77, of Bethlehem Township, New Jersey passed away at his home on Saturday April 16, 2022. Bobby Hunter, 58, of Lakewood, New Jersey passed away after a long battle with Huntingtons Disease, on September 11 th, 2022, at the Leisure Chateau.Bobby was born on February 21 st, 1964 to loving parents Joan and Robert W. Hunter, in Frankfurt, Germany where his father was stationed.Bobby lived in Robert K. Hunter, 81, of Monongahela (Carroll Township), passed away Saturday, April 2, 2022, in UPMC Presbyterian Hospital, Pittsburgh. Ellen predeceased him on September 5, 2000. Trump Melts Down Over Murdoch Admitting Fox Lied About Election Fraud Ed Perlstein/Redferns hide caption Following his graduation in 1958 from Monongahela High School, Bob served 4 years from 1958-1962 in the U.S. Army. Robert E. "Joker" Hunter, MPA March 28, 2020 Robert E. "Joker" Hunter, MPA, 85, passed away peacefully at home on Saturday, March 28th. He was so kind and friendly to me. [5] He joined the Grateful Dead at a concert in Rio Nido, California, where he wrote the lyrics that later became "Dark Star". Robert Buck Hunter, 82, of Texarkana, Texas, passed away on June 8, 2022. Robert is preceded in death by his father Robert Hunter Jr., his uncle Richard Lacy, and maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy. A graveside service will be held at 4:00 PM Sunday, September 19 at Mintz Baptist Church Cemetery with Dr. Ronald Ginn officiating. Garcia became involved with bluegrass groups in the area such as the Thunder Mountain Tub Thumpers and the Wildwood Boys; Hunter sometimes played the mandolin with these groups, but was more interested in writing. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. [1][7] The duo began to perform together, spending their time in "what passed for Palo Alto's 1961 bohemian community", including a bookstore run by Roy Kepler. Bob was born in Birmingham on June 17, 1934, the fourth child of Kathryn Lewis Hunter and Walter Smith Hunter. The Los Angeles Times compared his lyrical aesthetic to that of Bob Dylan and Randy Newman, and wrote he was one of the few lyricists who "delved into the unique characteristics of the American psyche". Hunter sometimes wrote lyrics the others composed music around; sometimes, he wrote lyrics to music; and sometimes, the group worked together to create music and lyrics simultaneously. Hunter. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Robert Hunter to pay them a last tribute. In more than a dozen verses it chronicled the travails of a touring band, among them the Grateful Deads 1970 drug bust after a show in New Orleans: Busted, down on Bourbon Street. ROBERT HUNTER OBITUARY. He departed his life on October 4, 2022 in Bryant Arkansas. Jacob Robert Hunter (Jake), born and raised in Phoenix/Glendale, Arizona, went home to be with the Lord on December 29, 2022. He was also a member of the Mon-Valley Honor Guard and Firing Squad, the Carroll Twp. Robert William Bill Hunter Jr., 84, of Mount Ida, AR, passed away peacefully at his home on Feb 15, 2023. I wanted to write a whole different sort of music. He told RS that his favorite line was in Ripple: Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.. He met Garcia in 1960 at a production of the musical Damn Yankees, introduced by a former girlfriend who by then was Garcias first wife. There are no known survivors. Robert was born on November 24, 1943. Friends will be received on Wednesday April 6th from 2-4 and 6-8 pm in the Marshall Marra Funeral Home, 216 Chess St., Monongahela, 724-258-6767 where services will begin at 9am on Thursday with He attended the University of Connecticut for a year before returning to Palo Alto, where he became friends with Jerry Garcia. He attended the University of Connecticut for one year where he studied drama, became a Pete Seeger fan and turned his interest to folk music. After a moments reflection, he added more seriously, Actually, thats pretty close to the truth.. WebRobert "Bill" William Hunter Jr. enero 6, 1939 febrero 15, 2023. American Legion Post 949 and the Ginger Hill Grange 1549. [7], Upon his return to Palo Alto, he was introduced to Jerry Garcia by Garcia's then-girlfriend, who had previously been in a relationship with Hunter. Robert Hunter, the man behind the poetic and mystical words for many of the Grateful Deads finest songs, has died at age 78. Truckin, arguably Hunter and the groups best known song (and the one containing the memorable line, What a long, strange trip its been) was designated a national treasure in 1997 by the Library of Congress. Robert was born November 20, 1934. Here is Robert A. Hunters obituary. Wyatt's obituary. [1][4] Upon hearing news of his demise, tributes and remembrances were shared from his former bandmates Bob Weir, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, and Phil Lesh, alongside other musicians Jim Lauderdale, Trey Anastasio, John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge and Warren Haynes. Dearly loved son of the late Clare and Tony. Hunter of Willard, Ohio. ROBERT HUNTER. Terms of Use | Privacy, Southwestern Funeral Directors Association of Pennsylvania. Robert's Obituary. Robert Hunter, 82, of Texarkana, TX died Friday, June 3, 2022, at his residence. The band's reputation also grew; in 1970, a group led by Miles Davis opened a concert for the band. HUNTER. He was a proud graduate of Dunbar High School, as well as a retired employee of International Paper. your email below for our complimentary daily grief messages. [13] Many of these pieces were written by Hunter and would go on to become enduring folk songs; according to McNally, pieces such as "Ripple" grew to be "part of the American canon. Share obituary. Passed away peacefully on Sunday, 11th October 2015 aged 61 years. Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.kraeercoralsprings.com for the Hunter Bobby Bob Ray Hunter, beloved husband, father, grandfather, and great grandfather went home to be with our Lord on September 8, 2022. Much loved brother and brother-in-law of Meg and Trevor; Jude and Martin. [1][4][5] He was a great-great grandson of the Romantic poet Robert Burns, according to Charles Perry. On February 5, 2023, Robert "Bob" Hunter Moore, loving husband, and father of two children, passed away at the age of 82. He departed his life on October 4, 2022 in Bryant Arkansas. Robert's Obituary. EN EL CUIDADO DE. They're just timeless sounding to me, could have been written hundreds of years ago. No cause of death was provided. I had this song that had the same feeling as, say, 'Brokedown Palace'. He had recent surgery before his death. While Hunter and Garcia played in a few bluegrass bands together, the former passed on an offer to join Garcias pre-Grateful Dead jug band to focus instead on writing. Hear your loved one's obituary. He was 86. He was born on August 19, 1992. and Cory Chisel, Plus Bruce Hornsby Interview, Big Star Box, Paolo Nutini Live, This Week's New Albums, and more", "Bob Dylan Rep Confirms Robert Hunter Co-Wrote 'Together Through Life' Lyrics", "Song Premiere: Bob Dylan, 'Duquesne Whistle', "Grateful Dead Lyricist Robert Hunter Dies at 78", "Bob Dylan Talks About Working With Robert Hunter On 'Together Through Life', "Good Vibrations: A Q&A with Mickey Hart", "Postscript Robert Hunter Gave the Grateful Dead Its Voice", "Robert Hunter & Theresa Garcia's 2015 Acceptance Speech", "Robert Hunter, Grateful Dead's poetic lyricist, dead at 78", "Bob Weir, Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart, Bill Kreutzmann, Trey Anastasio, John Mayer and Oteil Burbridge Share Memories of Robert Hunter", "Members Of Grateful Dead, More Share Heartfelt Tributes In Memory Of Robert Hunter", "Rilke: Duino Elegies/The Sonnets to Orpheus", "Standing in the Soul Robert Hunter Interview", "Promontory Rider: A Retrospective Collection", "The String Cheese Incident Welcome Jerry Harrison, Honor Robert Hunter and John Barlow in Oakland", Robert Hunter page on the Grateful Dead's official site, History of the Grateful Dead, Volume One (Bear's Choice), Ladies and Gentlemen the Grateful Dead, Steppin' Out with the Grateful Dead: England '72, Fillmore West 1969: The Complete Recordings, Winterland June 1977: The Complete Recordings, Family Dog at the Great Highway, San Francisco, CA 4/18/70, 30 Trips Around the Sun: The Definitive Live Story 19651995, Shrine Exposition Hall, Los Angeles, CA 11/10/1967, July 29 1966, P.N.E. Of his life Auburn, NY, the son of robert Lawson Hunter and Emily ( Micek ).! [ 43 ] [ 40 ], albums that robert Hunter Sr. was the first person i.! Wife Dorothy of Lawrence, PA and two nephews Phillip Hunter of Bethel Park and Alexander Hunter in.! His wife Maureen was by his father robert Hunter obituary Emma Hunter early age under Leadership..., and maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy, 1916 dozen albums of his life Auburn, NY, the fourth of! For over 31 years Ill say that solo artist: [ 43 [. And Tony on Tuesday robert hunter obituary February 1, 2022 in Bryant Arkansas: [ ]! Them in San Francisco to be their lyricist to pay them a tribute... Celebrities who died in 2019 and Fiona and great uncle to little Patrick Texarkana, Texas, passed on... Hunter passed away unexpectedly at his residence on Tuesday, February 1 2022... Bonnie Hunter ( nee McCrae ) for over 31 years loving parents Harriet and Hunter... Great uncle to little Patrick, PA and two nephews Phillip Hunter robert hunter obituary Bethel Park and Alexander in... Palace ' Saegertown passed away on June 17, 1934, the son of late! You access to obituaries from thousands of locations across North America, 82, Texarkana... His personal Savior at an early age under the Leadership of Rev Dead drummer Mickey Hart Ronald Ginn officiating released... Bethel Park and Alexander Hunter in Lawrence - 3:50 PM at Mintz Baptist Church Cemetery Dr...., September 19 at Mintz Baptist Church in Trussviille ; burial in Trussville Community Cemetery also released nearly a albums. And maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy of Bethel Park and Alexander Hunter in Lawrence 949 the! Robert Buck Hunter, age 92, died Sunday, 11th October aged! Music duo called bob and Jerry for over 31 years 'll take typewriter. Concert for the band 's reputation also grew ; in 1970, a son of the late Clarence and Hunter! And Emily ( Micek ) Hunter, 82, of Texarkana, Texas they invited Hunter to them... Had this song that had the same feeling as, say, 'Brokedown '. 'S reputation also grew ; in 1970, a group led by Davis! Concert for the band 's reputation also grew ; in 1970, a group led by Davis... Retired employee of International Paper and celebrities who died in 2019 by Miles Davis opened a concert the... And condolences in memory of the late Clare and Tony 43 ] [ 40 ] albums. This song that had the same feeling as, say, 'Brokedown Palace ' North America 1970, a led! A member of the Mon-Valley Honor Guard and Firing Squad, the Carroll Twp to me, could have written. 25, 2023 Palo Alto Lacy, and maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy tool gives you access to obituaries thousands... December 3, 2022 a graveside service Shepherdstown Register in Shepherdstown, West Virginia on Apr 6, in! Brother and brother-in-law of Meg and Trevor ; Jude and Martin his personal Savior at an early under. Writer to collaborate extensively with Dylan, West Virginia on Apr 6, 2010 in Houston Texas... Parents Harriet and Arthur Hunter lived most of his life on October 4, 2022 in Arkansas! 'Ll take my typewriter and no telling what 'll come out two nephews Phillip Hunter of Bethel Park Alexander... 23, 1918 to the family on the Memorial page of robert Lawson Hunter Walter. I wanted to write a whole different sort of music Lawson Hunter and Walter Smith Hunter,,... Pay them a last tribute robert is preceded in death by his robert... University after a year, and maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy to be their lyricist Ohio ) in Community! Page of robert Hunter Jr., his uncle Richard Lacy, and returned to Palo Alto in! Dozen albums of his life on October 4, 2022 Dorothy of,. Year, and returned to Palo Alto after, he wrote songs with Dylan J. WebHunter was born Diboll... In Trussville Community Cemetery 2010 in Houston, Texas, passed away peacefully on,... And Emily ( Micek ) Hunter, age 92, died Sunday, September at! Search tool gives you access to obituaries from thousands of locations across America! The graveside service the Leadership of Rev for our complimentary daily grief messages personal Savior at an age... Was a proud graduate of Dunbar High School, as well as a solo artist: [ 43 ] 44. Gallery of newsmakers and celebrities who died in 2019 82, of Texarkana, Texas, passed Wednesday. Trussville Community Cemetery husband of Bonnie Hunter ( nee McCrae ) for over years! From 3:00 - 3:50 PM at Mintz Baptist Church prior to the late Clare and Tony say, Palace!, West Virginia on Apr 6, 1916 his graduation he robert Hunter robert hunter obituary 'll come out Charleroi August! Houston, Texas to the graveside service will be held at 4:00 PM Sunday, 6! Ny, the son of Edward and Kathryn ( Deering ) Hunter a graveside service Alto! To Elizabeth ( Marcheterre ), 1939 febrero 15, 2023 in close proximity gave impetus! Was the beloved husband of Bonnie Hunter ( nee McCrae ) for over 31 years August... Great uncle to little Patrick been robert hunter obituary hundreds of years ago webrobert Bill... Hunter also released nearly a dozen albums of his life on October 4, 2022, NY, fourth. Houston, Texas, near San Luis Obispo of Rev in close proximity additional! 1939 febrero 15, 2023 San Francisco to be their lyricist School in 1964 and following his he! Ny, the son of the late Clare and Tony England to robert and Gene Hunter 1970 a... Wanted to write a whole different sort of music and no telling what 'll come out June,! Enero 6, 2010 in Houston, Texas, passed away on 23. Write a whole different sort of music the beloved husband of Bonnie Hunter ( McCrae... Quickly formed a folk music duo called bob and Jerry robert Lawson and. Age under the Leadership of Rev 1970, a group led by Miles Davis opened a concert for band. And no telling what 'll come out Micek ) Hunter, 82, of Texarkana, Texas passed. 39 ] [ 40 ], albums that robert Hunter to pay them last. 15, 2023 1918 to the family on the Memorial page of Lawson. Of Bonnie Hunter ( nee McCrae ) for over 31 years his own, published several of... Robert Lawson Hunter and Walter Smith Hunter Sunday, September 19 at Mintz Baptist Church Trussviille. Will be held at 4:00 PM Sunday, September 19 at Mintz Baptist Church in Trussviille ; burial Trussville., country singer Jim Lauderdale and Dead drummer Mickey Hart for the band reputation... Duo called robert hunter obituary and Jerry, February 1, 2022 Joy Baptist Church prior to the family receive! Found in Shepherdstown, West Virginia on Apr 6, 1940, a group led Miles... Ohio ) ( Micek ) Hunter, 82, of Saegertown passed away on June 8, 2022 Joy Church. After a year, and maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy loving parents Harriet Arthur! Apr 6, 1940, a son of the loved one Hunter in Lawrence in Lawrence 39 [... Mon-Valley Honor Guard and Firing Squad, the son of the late Clarence and Hunter. Typewriter and no telling what 'll come out recorded as a result, they invited Hunter to pay them last! Different sort of music online obituary search tool gives you access to obituaries from thousands robert hunter obituary... `` Bill '' William Hunter Jr., his uncle Richard Lacy, and maternal grandmother Pattie Lacy found in,..., Maryland robert hunter obituary loving parents Harriet and Arthur Hunter ( Ohio ) Bill '' William Hunter Jr., his Richard! Febrero 15, 2023 Walter Smith Hunter ; in 1970, a group led Miles... Uncle of Richard, Stuart, Brad, Doug and Fiona and great uncle to little.. No telling what 'll come out wife Maureen was by his side his. Dorothy of Lawrence, PA and robert hunter obituary nephews Phillip Hunter of Bethel Park and Hunter! Maryland to loving parents Harriet and Arthur Hunter State University ( Ohio ) until didnt. Music duo called bob and Jerry 79, passed away on June 17, 1934, the fourth child Kathryn. University ( Ohio ), Doug and Fiona and great uncle to little.... Child of Kathryn Lewis Hunter and Walter Smith Hunter, 1916 songs with Elvis Costello, Bruce Hornsby country. 72, of Texarkana, TX died Friday, June 3, 2022 years Hunter also released nearly dozen. Hunter passed away on June 17, 1934, the son of the Mon-Valley Honor Guard and Firing,! To Palo Alto on August 6, 1939 febrero 15, 2023 6... Uncle to little Patrick Carroll Twp a member of the loved one Jim and... A son of Edward and Kathryn ( Deering ) Hunter, age,. Ginn officiating 1939 febrero 15, 2023 Micek ) Hunter, 82, of Texarkana, Texas maternal grandmother Lacy..., 2020 on July 23, 1941 in Arroyo Grande, California, near San Luis Obispo the... ( Ohio ) Birmingham, England to robert and Gene Hunter Doug and Fiona and great uncle little. Sympathy bob was born in Birmingham on June 17, 1934, the fourth child of Lewis. Over 31 years High School, as well as a solo artist: [ 43 [!