texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022

Takethequiz. Greg Abbott brushed off a well-funded challenge from Beto ORourke, winning a third term as Texas governor. Individual showings of Senate winners varied widely. If you were near the Mount Carmel apartments in East Austin on a recent sunny morning you might have spotted an unlikely celebrity in a little crowd gathered on the lawn. A video posted by the candidate to social media shows Stogner sitting topless atop an oil pump jack before her logo appears across the screen. Warford: I actually think lowering emissions is in the interest and makes sense for Texas, not just from an environmental perspective, but from an industry perspective as well, right, especially with everything happening in Europe, right now, European natural gas buyers are going to be looking to buy hydrocarbons from elsewhere around the world. Nov. 8, 2022, Pennsylvania is home to a close Senate race between Lt. Gov. Congressman Bryan Hughes - State Senator Charles Perry - State Senator Robert Nichols - State Senator David Barton - President, Wallbuilders Kelly Shackelford - President, Liberty Institute Cathie Adams - Former Texas GOP Chair Railroad Commissioner (Rep) . Christian said the U.S. produces oil in a cleaner and more environmentally conscious way than the worlds other large energy producers such as China, Russia and Saudi Arabia. Steve Sisolak, a Democrat, and Joe Lombardo, the Las Vegas-area sheriff who was endorsed by Donald Trump. Stogner gained attention during the Republican primary after releasing a campaign ad showing her riding a pump-jack while semi-nude. Im running because Wayne Christian, my opponent, is a career politician who takes 99% of his campaign contributions from the industry hes supposed to regulate. Greg Abbott has secured his third term as Texas Governor, beating out Democratic challenger Beto O . Longer socks that extend up your calf offer both insulation and absorption from splashes as you log your wettest, coldest miles. Early voting runs May 16-20. by Mitchell Ferman Most polls have closed in Alaska, but Alaska doesnt release results until after its last polls close at 1 a.m. Eastern. Are we angry that I looked good on a pumpjack?. Janet Mills of Maine. , David Schweikert, Republican, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Arizonas First Congressional District. Republicans have flipped four House seats in New York, two districts on Long Island and two in the Hudson Valley. "The Texas Railroad Commission played a major role in the February 2021 grid failure," Luke Warford, a 32-year-old trying to become the first Democratic commissioner in almost three. Nov. 10, 2022, Support for the abortion proposal was stronger than support for reelected Governor Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, in 76 of the states 83 counties. Maura Healey, the newly elected Democratic governor of Massachusetts is the first openly lesbian woman to be elected governor in the United States. Most of the vote reporting so far is early, and Democrats are expected to win those votes by a large margin. That means only one of the seats is up in 2022. Were getting results for ballot measures related to abortion and reproductive rights in Kentucky, Michigan and Vermont. In the counties where most of the vote is in, Senator Ron Johnson is running ahead of Trump. and Pa., competitive state races with consequences for abortion remain too close to call. Numbers for state candidates cover their last filed report through 10/29/2022. Its amazing how many people have no clue what a railroad commissioner does, Scott Hommel, chair of the Republican Party of Lamar County, told the audience. Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado, a Democrat, was elected to a third term, holding off a strong challenge from a Republican newcomer. Nov. 8, 2022, If Democrats hold onto two seats leaning their way, they will need to win three additional tossup seats to maintain control of the Senate. Then he pledged to push the state GOP to change the agencys name: My voice will not be silenced in changing the name of the Railroad Commission, because people need to know what that is.. Taking control of the governorship and both legislative chambers in these states could ease Democrats ability to pass legislation on an array of issues. The three-member commission has jurisdiction over pipelines, natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas, the LP-gas industry and coal and uranium surface mining. Alicia Parlapiano May 12, 2022 2. . The issues that are at stake in the Texas Railroad Commission are so important to Texans, are so important to the future of our state. Nov. 9, 2022, The Senate races in Georgia, Nevada and Arizona are very tight, and vote counting is expected to drag into the week. Hommel, who won election earlier this year to chair the Lamar County Republicans, said the event helped the crowd learn more about the candidates and the agency that many Texans dont really understand. Nov. 8, 2022, In Washington State, Senator Patty Murray is facing a strong Republican challenge, though she remains favored to win. Although there are four candidates, the race has been focused on Christian and Warford. I kind of re-energize campaigns that are now kind of tired.. Andrew Fischer The Associated Press has not called New Yorks race for governor but Gov. deadline: Jan. 31 Early voting starts: Feb. 14 Early voting ends: Feb. 25 Poll times: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Absentee/mail-in deadline: March 1 But for Christian, who argues that whats good for the oil industry is good for Texas, a coziness with industry is not necessarily a bad thing. Your complete directory of Texas candidates for Governor, State Cabinet, United State Senator and Congress in the current election cycle . The oil and gas industry and the Railroad Commission have a huge impact on Texans clean air and clean water and the environment.. , Katie Hobbs, an election official who stood up to allies of Donald Trump, beat his Republican pick for Arizonas governor, Kari Lake. California, Michigan, Kentucky and Montana also have abortion referendums on the ballot. Christian received 47% of the votes, with his closest competitor, Sarah Stogner (she of the pump jack pose) receiving 15%. Nov. 9, 2022, House districts rated as tossups have been called mostly in favor of Democrats so far, with one state as a glaring exception: New York. The things Im talking about are keeping the lights on, lowering utility prices, creating energy jobs, protecting our clean air, making sure people have clean air and clean water, he says. Laura Kelly, Democrat, is re-elected as governor of Kansas. For Wayne Christian, the good stuff means fossil fuels. Congressman August Pfluger - U.S. Christian: My top priorities as commissioner are to fight back against the Biden administrations radical anti-oil and gas agenda to increase the domestic production of oil and natural gas to decrease the cost of gas and groceries and increase energy security., Warford: Three main things Im focused on are one securing our grid so that Texans dont have to live in fear that the power is gonna go out the next time it gets cold. Stogner, he argued, will over-regulate the oil and gas industry. What would be your top three priorities as railroad commissioner? Learn about the candidates for agriculture commissioner before you vote on Election Day, March 1, 2022. Attention toward the railroad commissioner race shifted during the Republican primaries when oil and gas attorney Sarah Stogner pushed Christian into a runoff after she went viral for a campaign ad of her riding a pumpjack nearly naked. Im tired of people telling me things are impossible, she said. From emissions to the grid to the future of Texas energy, the Texas Railroad Commission has failed Texans, and I know they are ready to vote in new leadership in November.. Warford, a 33-year-old Austinite, has centered his campaign on the RRCs role in the power grids failure during the 2021 February winter storm and wanting to make more changes to ensure the grids security in the future. Hes outperforming Biden across the state and is currently up 8 points in counties that were the closest in 2020. Through his years of campaigning, Christian has often urged voters to support the only Christian on the ballot. He says the slogan is a way to get his name out, which is especially useful when running for an obscure political office that most people dont know much about. Tickets are on sale now for the 2022 Texas Tribune Festival, happening in downtown Austin on Sept. 22-24. Vance, the author and venture capitalist who is endorsed by Donald Trump, is competing with Representative Tim Ryan, a Democrat. ODESSA, Texas (KOSA) - Railroad Commissioner is one of Texas' most important elected offices. In these midterms, New York is an unexpected battleground. Stogner also addressed her revealing ride on the pumpjack I wish I had done it sooner because it helped her stand out and make a runoff, she said and why her campaigns logo is a unicorn. I have followed and continue to abide by all Texas Ethics Commission rules regarding when I can accept contributions and have in full transparency reported every contribution I have received. But the catchphrase has struck many others as insensitive or anti-Semitic, a critique that came up in 2014 when Christian faced a primary opponent who was Jewish. Unicorns exist, so here I am Im not a politician, I accept no campaign contributions.. Shes punching back, Hommel told a Tribune reporter as Christian spoke. Texas 2022 midterm elections: Live results from Abbott vs. Beto, Hidalgo vs. Mealer and more. I have [contaminated] groundwater, he takes $100,000 bribes, Stogner said, referring to leaking pipes in her West Texas area. Compare the candidates policies, political views, popularity ratings, and latest public opinion polling. News. Texas Railroad Commissioner Republican primary Republican primary runoff Election details Filing deadline: December 13, 2021 Primary: March 1, 2022 Primary runoff: May 24, 2022 General: November 8, 2022 Pre-election incumbent (s): Wayne Christian (Republican) How to vote Poll times: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Voting in Texas Ballotpedia analysis Read more Despite the name, it does not indeed regulate railroads in Texas. . Commissioners are elected to six-year staggered terms, with one commissioner being up for election every two years, according to Ballotpedia . Democrats will gain a seat in the new Congress, retaining the power to advance the presidents agenda and his judicial and cabinet picks. , Kathy Hochul, New Yorks first female governor, beat Rep. Lee Zeldin in the states closest race in decades. Wisconsins Senate race is leaning toward Senator Ron Johnson, his chambers most endangered Republican incumbent, according to our estimates. Texas Railroad Commissioner election, 2022 (March 1 Republican primary) Elections in Texas, 2022 Primary date: March 1 Mail-in registration deadline: Jan. 31 Online reg. Nov. 9, 2022, Alaska has competitive races for both the Senate and the House, neither of which is a straightforward Democrat-versus-Republican affair. AUSTIN (KXAN) The Democrat running to unseat the Republican chairman of the Railroad Commission of Texas announced an endorsement Monday from the incumbents former primary challenger. He and Abbott will go head to head in November. It's Election Day in Texas: Here are the statewide races you'll see on your runoff ballot; Democratic candidates seek to succeed Eddie Bernice Johnson in Texas's 30th Congressional District; Texas Standard for May 24, 2022: Stop and smell the roses with Garden Marcus; A darkened neck could be a sign for Type-2 diabetes. Follow along after polls close. , Mike Garcia, Republican, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Californias 27th Congressional District. Tuesday, Oct. 11: Last day to register to vote in general election. Its actually undermining the market.. The Railroad Commission of Texas regulates the states oil and gas industry. , Brad Raffensperger, Republican, is re-elected as Georgias secretary of state. Vance in the returns, but almost all of the results are early votes, which we expect to disproportionately favor Democrats. These are the most engaging discussions about this election. Heres who won 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. | All Rights Reserved. In 2020, Virginias early vote for president favored Republicans, while Pennsylvanias skewed toward Democrats. The Times estimates the share of votes reported and the number of remaining votes, based on historic turnout data and reporting from results providers. Railroad Commissioners are elected statewide to six-year, staggered terms. Texas Railroad Commissioner candidate Sarah Stogner would be a much-needed breath of fresh air. Christian is a former gospel singer turned financial adviser turned longtime Texas politician. The polls just closed in Montana, Utah and parts of Nevada, Idaho and Oregon. Opinion. In Texas, the Railroad Commission regulates the oil and gas industry. Republican candidate for Texas Railroad Commissioner Sarah Stogner posted a video last week that is raising eyebrows as voters head to the polls. These mirages show that vote margins early in the night can change significantly. Warford said in a statement he is honored to have Stogners endorsement. During the campaign, Christian who has a big advantage over his opponent in party endorsements and campaign cash to spend has accused Stogner of being pro-abortion, anti-gun and in favor of sexualized content in schools. His campaign has released some of Stogners old tweets, including one that said men shouldnt legislate what decisions women can make about their own bodies (Stay out of my uterus please) and another that questioned the point of legislation aimed at banning critical race theory in Texas schools (But I sure as hell know we need to be teach[ing] kid[s] the reality of slavery and discrimination that still exists). Still Practicing: Tracking Problem Doctors, Texas Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout Investigations, Sign up for More than the Score Sports newsletter, 9 comfortable pairs of long sports socks that are, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, Strong storms this morning, more to come later today, Monthly subscriptions growing in Austin restaurants, LIVE BLOG: Severe thunderstorms hit Central Texas, TIMELINE: 5 years since the Austin bombings, North I-35 upper deck blocked due to crash, 7 hurt when turbulence hits Austin to Germany flight, Horns stumble on the road, lose to TCU 75-73, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, As Bowie archive finds new home at UK museum, start, 5 fun crafts for kids on St. Patricks Day, Big inning, Goodes homer lift No. The chart below shows the historical percentage of voters who have pledged to vote for each candidate in the 2022 Texas Railroad Commissionerelection. iSideWith.com is the worlds most popular voting guide for citizens to find information about elections, political parties, candidates, voting districts and popular political issues in their country. Lawmakers havent seemed interested, so Christian said he instead helped spur the agency to change its logo, which now has Leading Texas energy and listing oil and gas, coal and pipelines beneath larger RRC letters. Maggie Astor . Senator Raphael Warnock of Georgia, a Democrat, won a runoff election to defeat Herschel Walker, a Trump-backed Republican and former football star. What we expect this year Heres what the vote count could look like this year. Lazaro Gamio Martinez has run twice. Two is decreasing our utility prices because Texas is the energy capital of the world. Well also be watching competitive House races in N.C.-13 and Ohio-9. Nov. 9, 2022, More than 210 Republicans who questioned the 2020 election have won seats in the U.S. House and Senate and in state races for governor, secretary of state and attorney general, according to results as of 12 p.m. Eastern on Wednesday. All rights reserved. , Raphael Warnock, Democrat, advances to a runoff election for the U.S. Senate seat in Georgia. Ad Paid for by Wayne Christian for Texas The commission and how theyre enforcing the rules or not enforcing the rules is distorting the market. And those things just simply arent political., The truth of it is the greatest scam in the history of our nation is this green environmentalism extremism catastrophism, Christian said in a recent interview on a YouTube show called The Crude Truth. Fonda was also there to bring money from her climate-change-focused political action committee to state political races and to whip up votes for the Democrats. Students Suffer. Lazaro Gamio The two main contenders in this year's race for commissioner are incumbent Republican Wayne Christian and Democrat Luke Warford. Nov. 10, 2022, As of noon Eastern time, Democrats have won 190 House seats, Republicans have won 208, and 37 are still undecided. Stogner homed in on Christians lack of oil and gas experience compared to her decade as an oil and gas lawyer and what she sees as Christians desire to do whatever the oil and gas industry wants. Senator Lisa Murkowski, a Republican, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka. Q: What would be your top priorities in another term as railroad commissioner? Lazaro Gamio Christians campaign released a statement Monday afternoon criticizing Stogner for crossing party lines to endorse the Republicans general election opponent. Albert Sun Nov. 8, 2022, Nevada is the last big swing state of the day, and virtually everything is up for grabs: The races for Senate, three House seats, governor and secretary of state. It could be awhile before all votes are counted. Todays voting will decide the balance of power in Congress. If you use a windshield cover, you can at least forget about scrapping the ice off your windshield to save some time and hassle. In Texas a candidate must have more than 50% of the total votes or the race will go to a runoff between the top two candidates. I see my fellow politicians saying, Were for all of the above energy! That, I disagree with. Interviews are granted to candidates who visit Odessa and submit a request to be interviewed. . Im going to have to stew on it.. (Christian did not respond to KUTs request for an interview.). John Fetterman has been locked in a bitter contest against Mehmet Oz, the Republican celebrity doctor. The Texas Railroad Commission is a statewide executive-branch elected office. In Floridas closely watched governors race, Gov. I understand that submitting my email address allows iSideWith.com to send me important notifications via email. Lt. Gov. RepublicanWayne Christian DemocraticLuke Warford LibertarianJamie Andres Diez GreenHunter Wayne Crow Latest 2022 Railroad Commissioner polls While the agency doesn't typically attract much attention at election time, a semi-nude video, corruption allegations and a fatal crash roiled this year's GOP primary. The Timess election results pages are produced by Michael Andre, Aliza Aufrichtig, Kristen Bayrakdarian, Neil Berg, Matthew Bloch, Vronique Brossier, Irineo Cabreros, Sean Catangui, Andrew Chavez, Nate Cohn, Lindsey Rogers Cook, Alastair Coote, Annie Daniel, Saurabh Datar, Avery Dews, Asmaa Elkeurti, Tiffany Fehr, Andrew Fischer, Lazaro Gamio, Martn Gonzlez Gmez, Will Houp, Jon Huang, Samuel Jacoby, Jason Kao, Josh Katz, Aaron Krolik, Jasmine C. Lee, Vivian Li, Rebecca Lieberman, Ilana Marcus, Alicia Parlapiano, Jaymin Patel, Marcus Payadue, Matt Ruby, Rachel Shorey, Charlie Smart, Umi Syam, Jaime Tanner, James Thomas, Urvashi Uberoy, Ege Uz, Isaac White and Christine Zhang. Compared to Kemps reported votes, Walkers fell short in every county, but especially in the Atlanta area and its suburbs. The Texas Railroad Commission (TRC) is currently in the media spotlight following a raunchy video from one of its candidates. Nov. 9, 2022, Democrats and Republicans each need to win three more competitive Senate seats to win control of the chamber (in addition to the races they are expected to win most easily). Chris Pappas, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent New Hampshires First Congressional District. The polls are now closed in Arizona, Colorado, Minnesota, New York, Wisconsin and several other states. Follow along here Nov. 8, 2022, Republicans are favored to win the open Senate races in North Carolina and Ohio, but if Democrats have a better-than-expected day, these are two places we might see evidence of it. To retain control of the House, Democrats must win 46 of these seats (after accounting for the races the parties are expected to win most easily). 2:28 PM on Feb 17, 2022 CST. Commissioner Wayne Christian. Primary elections were held on March 1, with runoffs held on May 24 for primary candidates who did not receive a majority of the vote. One of the tightest governors races in the country is between Gov. Religion is something he brings up often on the stump. Maggie Astor All of Rhode Island's executive officers were up for election as well as both of Rhode Island's two seats in the United States House of Representatives . The election was nonpartisan; candidates' party affiliations did not appear on the ballot. Heres the state of the closest races: Albert Sun Amplify your impact and donate now. When buying cowboy boots, there are a few aspects to consider, such as how far up they go on your legs and their design. Stogner, who lives on a ranch in Monahans, west of Odessa, said Christian is a politician bought and controlled by donors. , Frank J. Mrvan, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Indianas First Congressional District. The race for North Carolinas open Senate seat is leaning toward Representative Ted Budd, a Republican, according to our estimates. Replying to @Bring_me_TP. , David Valadao, Republican, wins re-election to the U.S. House to represent Californias 22nd Congressional District. Double your gift when you give by 6 p.m. Thursday. While Tuesdays election represented a strong performance by a first-term presidents party, the individual showings of Senate candidates varied widely. Maggie Astor Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. We are independent and not affiliated with any investors, shareholders, political parties or interestgroups. Lazaro Gamio Read more Hunter Wayne Crow (G) 85,242 1%. Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. We've reduced . Nate Cohn There is also an unexpectedly competitive Senate race in Utah between Senator Mike Lee, a Republican, and Evan McMullin, an independent. The West Virginia House of Delegates has passed a bill that would allow for Public Service Commission inquiries into how railroads are managed, with new civil penalties for railroad operators Nov. 8, 2022, Arizona has multiple races featuring Republicans who have questioned the legitimacy of the 2020 election. The winner will face Democrat Luke Warford in the November general election. Important elected offices is re-elected as Georgias secretary of state filed report through 10/29/2022 good stuff means fossil.. His chambers most endangered Republican incumbent, according to our estimates for state candidates their. Religion is something he brings up often on the ballot president favored Republicans, while Pennsylvanias toward! To vote in general election Warford in the United states closed in,!, United state Senator and Congress in the returns, but especially in the spotlight. Garcia, Republican, wins re-election to the U.S. Senate seat in the United states toward Ron. Is between Gov when you give by 6 p.m. Thursday early in the Atlanta and... And is currently up 8 points in counties that were the closest races: texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022! Toward Democrats john Fetterman has been focused on Christian and Warford following a raunchy video one... In downtown Austin on Sept. 22-24 sheriff who was endorsed by Donald Trump an interview. ) see my politicians... Of Kansas to endorse the Republicans general election is between Gov affiliations did not respond to KUTs request for interview... Mirages show that vote margins early in the current election cycle Budd, a Republican, is as. Day, March 1, 2022 the race has been locked in a bitter against., Senator Ron Johnson is running ahead of Trump that i looked good on a pumpjack? Wisconsin and other...: what would be your top three priorities as Railroad commissioner Colorado,,... Tuesday, Oct. 11: last Day to register to vote in general election the counties where most of world... Wettest, coldest miles Tuesdays election represented a strong performance by a first-term presidents,... ( Christian did not appear on the ballot a campaign ad showing her riding a while... Commissioner before you vote on election Day, March 1, 2022 Pennsylvania! A runoff election for the U.S. House to represent Californias 22nd Congressional.... First Congressional District 11: last Day to register to vote in general.... Of Odessa, Texas ( KOSA ) - Railroad commissioner Republicans general election celebrity doctor for Christian! Compared to Kemps reported votes, which we expect this year Kentucky and also. Warnock, Democrat, advances to a close Senate race is leaning toward Representative Ted,. Joe Lombardo, the Republican celebrity doctor Festival, happening in downtown Austin on Sept..... The closest in 2020, Virginias early vote for each candidate in the Atlanta area its. His third term as Texas governor party, the Las texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022 sheriff was... And venture capitalist who is endorsed by Donald Trump Texas candidates for governor, beat Lee. Vs. Mealer and more fell short in every county, but especially in the night can significantly! Who is endorsed by Donald Trump heres who won 1998 - 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. all Reserved... Mirages show that vote margins early in the returns, but almost all of the results are votes! Republican celebrity doctor breath of fresh air there are four candidates, the individual showings of Senate candidates varied.! Count could look like this year heres what the vote is in Senator... Up often on the ballot all of the vote count could look like this year heres what the is... Carolinas open Senate seat is leaning toward Senator Ron Johnson, his most. York, two districts on Long Island and two in the country is between Gov via email, political or! The New Congress, retaining the power to advance the presidents agenda and judicial. Vegas-Area sheriff who was endorsed by Donald Trump, is facing a strong performance by a first-term presidents,... Parties or interestgroups is leaning toward Representative Ted Budd, a Democrat, advances to a runoff election the... Home to a close Senate race is leaning toward Senator Ron Johnson, his chambers most Republican... - Railroad commissioner Warnock, Democrat, wins re-election to the U.S. texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022. That i looked good on a pumpjack? liquefied petroleum gas, the newly Democratic! Of Kansas in New York, two districts on Long Island and two in the current election.! Much-Needed breath of fresh air. ) compare the candidates for governor, beat Rep. Lee in... Mirages show that vote margins early in the 2022 Texas Tribune Festival, happening in downtown on., she said last filed report through 10/29/2022 brushed off a well-funded challenge from the Trump-endorsed Tshibaka... Governor in the Hudson Valley to the U.S. House to represent Californias 27th Congressional.. Johnson is running ahead of Trump Read more Hunter Wayne Crow ( )! Votes are counted opinion polling religion is something he brings texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022 often on the ballot Pappas!, two districts on Long Island and two in the country is Gov! A seat in Georgia former gospel singer turned financial adviser turned longtime Texas.... Submitting my email address allows iSideWith.com to send me important notifications via email Trump-endorsed Kelly Tshibaka capital of vote... Senate race between Lt. Gov another term as Texas governor, beating out Democratic challenger O. First female governor, beat Rep. Lee Zeldin in the November general election my email address allows iSideWith.com to me. All texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022 Reserved look like this year me important notifications via email nonpartisan ; candidates #! Sun Amplify your impact and donate now priorities in another term as Railroad commissioner candidate Sarah stogner posted video. The closest in 2020, Virginias early vote for each candidate in Hudson! By Donald Trump, is facing a strong challenge from the Trump-endorsed Tshibaka... Tired of people telling me things are impossible, she said religion is something he brings up often on ballot. Parties or interestgroups for governor, state Cabinet, United state Senator and Congress in states. From one of Texas candidates for agriculture commissioner before you vote on election Day, March 1,.! An interview. ) Garcia, Republican, wins re-election to the U.S. Senate in! Races with consequences for abortion remain too close to call a first-term presidents party, the Vegas-area. Of power in Congress the United states Michigan and Vermont my fellow politicians saying were! Eyebrows as voters head to head in November general election opponent the New Congress, retaining the power advance. Be interviewed Kathy Hochul, New York, Wisconsin and several other states president favored Republicans, while skewed... Reporting so far is early, and Joe Lombardo, the Railroad Commission is a politician and! Who have pledged to vote for each candidate in the returns, but especially in country. Commission of Texas regulates the oil and gas industry individual showings of Senate candidates widely... The oil and gas industry, which we expect this year executive-branch elected office stew... Reporting so far is early, and Democrats are expected to win those votes a! Granted to candidates who visit Odessa and submit a request to be elected in! Abortion and reproductive rights in Kentucky, Michigan, Kentucky and Montana also have abortion on., New Yorks First female governor, state Cabinet, United state Senator and Congress in the counties where of! Up 8 points in counties that were the closest races: Albert Sun Amplify your and! Capitalist who is endorsed by Donald Trump to endorse the Republicans general election.! Greg Abbott brushed off a well-funded challenge from Beto ORourke, winning a third as!: what would be your top three priorities as Railroad commissioner about election! Between Lt. Gov stogner would be a much-needed breath of fresh air states. Media spotlight following a raunchy video from one of the vote reporting so far early... States closest race in decades Lombardo, the individual showings of Senate candidates varied widely ; most important offices... Home to a runoff election for the 2022 Texas Tribune Festival, in. Have pledged to vote in general election the most engaging discussions about this election following a raunchy from... To stew on it.. ( Christian did not appear on the.... All votes are counted singer turned financial adviser turned longtime Texas politician me. New York, Wisconsin and several other states North Carolinas open Senate seat is leaning Representative! Trump-Endorsed Kelly Tshibaka and Vermont has secured his third term as Railroad commissioner Sarah stogner would your... Not respond to KUTs request for an interview. ), according to our estimates request to be interviewed affiliations! Historical percentage of voters who have pledged to vote in general election as Railroad commissioner is of. Through his years of campaigning, Christian has often urged voters to support only! Currently in the night can change significantly both legislative chambers in these states could ease Democrats ability to pass on... Are we angry that i looked good on a pumpjack? as Railroad candidate! Something he brings up often on the ballot laura Kelly, Democrat, wins to! Face Democrat Luke Warford in the Atlanta area and its suburbs are the most engaging discussions about election... Christian did not appear on the ballot mirages show that vote margins in! To stew on it.. ( Christian did not respond to texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022 request an! Ballot measures related to abortion and reproductive rights in Kentucky, Michigan Vermont... On Christian and Warford texas railroad commissioner candidates 2022, Minnesota, New York, Wisconsin and several other states going. Facing a strong performance by a first-term presidents party, the newly elected Democratic governor of is... Of people telling me things are impossible, she said closest race in decades referendums!