the temple and your spiritual foundation

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures.. Make temple covenants your goal and strive to live worthy to enter His holy house. Now when the builders had laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests stood in their apparel with trumpets, and the Levites, the sons of Asaph, with cymbals, to praise the Lord according to the directions of King David of Israel. Thanks. The temple will become a place of safety, solace, and revelation. Those spaces of purity and holiness are going to get refilled with junk before long (see Matt. (About 2 minutes play background music or have quiet time). And what reinforcements to your testimony and understanding of the gospel are needed? The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings of the temple to Gods faithful children. Latter-day Saints must take unprecedented measures to strengthen their spiritual foundations like the extraordinary effort to reinforce the original, pioneer-era foundation of the iconic Salt Lake Temple, President Russell M. Nelsonsaid Sunday morning. 12:43-45 for an example).Its imperative that we ask that the Holy Spirit fill our cleansed vessels so that evil cannot reenter. President Camille N. Johnson, Primary general president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaks during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. This is a Institutional post. I may not have even made the same covenants as my parent's generation. He truly believes in your divine destiny and ever since January 2018 spends a lot of time and energy prophesying how to get you there. He asked listeners to consider how firm their spiritual foundations are and what reinforcement their spiritual lives and understanding need. We too, may be exposed at timesvictim to the breaking waves of mortality and adversity, leaving us exhausted and stripped to the core. I need to work even harder to understand what is being taught in the temple and to see if there are places that I can improve my keeping of the covenants so that I am doing so with more exactness and honor. Policies, methods, and procedures may change the underlying truth does not. I think the example of the sacrament that he gives is disingenuous. My dear brothers and sisters, when renovations on the Salt Lake Temple are completed, there will be no safer place during an earthquake in the Salt Lake Valley than inside that temple. Let us never forget that if we omit them from our lives we may be found unworthy to come into His presence. Its where you hide things. Elder Gerrit W. Gong, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, with his wife Sister Susan Gong waves to attendees after the Sunday morning session of the 191st General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. I thought you would appreciate seeing what my wife Wendy and I saw. In every age, the temple has underscored the precious truth that those who make covenants with God and keep them are children of the covenant. The takeaway for me is that the Restoration is a process because WE are a process, and more fullness comes as we can handle it. Strive to stabilize your nations economy? He noted that the Restoration of the gospel and church is an ongoing process, and the same applies to individual lives. This is top-down spiritual restoration that would affect not only him and his family, not only his nation at the present, but the nation of Israel in the future. All Rights Reserved, Temple and spiritual foundations need to be strengthened, President Nelson says, Major seismic strengthening, more trusses, headline Temple Square renovation in September 2021, Salt Lake Temple to close for four years as Temple Square undergoes seismic change, 191st Semiannual General Conference talk summaries and photos, A day of pure doctrine to build faith that heals the world, What this church leader learned about mental illness after seeing his own sons personal struggle, A touching moment between President Nelson and the multicultural choir that performed at conference, Gospel living brings security, comfort in times of heartache, leaders say Saturday afternoon, Familiar venue, voices return for October general conference, A surprising fact about President Nelsons list of new temples, Conference ends with a call to remove a personal conflict in your life by Easter, April 2022 general conference talk summaries and photo galleries, In my lifetime, I have never seen a greater lack of civility. Be prepared to share something personal if no one volunteers immediately. THIS. We studied this talk in elders quorum. Fifth, follow the current admonitions of the prophet, President Nelson. ", Worlds Most Premature Baby Beats 0 Percent Odds of Survival: God Has Given You All You Need to Do All You Need to Do. Have you ever received revelation in the temple regarding your own life? His essential ordinances bind us to Him through sacred priesthood covenants. If individuals are going to withstand the forthcoming perils and pressures, they must have a firm spiritual foundation built upon the rock of the Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Our hearts should house God. Jointly published by the Deseret News and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its content supports the doctrines, principles and practices of the Church. This He desires foralltemple patrons, no matter where they live.. But thats the place you store stuff that you might not want people to see. Do you believe the prophet can receive ongoing revelations about the temple ceremony? Also, the Mormon temple ordinances are all directed toward the LDS church. Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. How many observe it? And then, there are those miraculous moments that testify to the impossible becoming possible, as in Hezekiahs mission. These are the latter days. The Temple in the nation of Judah had become a junk room, an unused storage room filled with ungodly things. Your email address will not be published. After examining the footnotes, I have decided that President Nelson only spoke about half of his message. Living the Christian life is a journey. 3 And oh, how we will need His power in the days ahead. If you have an immediate prayer need, please call our 24-hour prayer line at 800-700-7000. I am very thankful that I know we have a Prophet to lead us and if we follow the counsel he shares, we can bear these troubling times. Everyone in that entourage knew exactly how King Hezekiah felt about God. That is increasingly difficult, said Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He is the One who wants you to understand with great clarity exactly what you are making covenants to do. 22:38, 39.) Let us uphold the covenant inherent in our discipleship the covenant to be one., Why do we want the Savior to be the author and finisher of our stories? If you dont yet love to attend the temple, remember President Nelsons promise, Go more oftennot less. That Church is the antitype of the ancient temple - a building not material, but spiritual, consisting, not of dead stones, but of sanctified souls, resting on no earthly foundation, but on that Rock which is Christ (comp. Think of it as your personal, daily restoration, he said. Leaders stand at the end of the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. Consider how administering the sacrament has changed over the years. The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation By President Russell M. Nelson President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Whenever any kind of upheaval occurs in your life, the safest place to be spiritually is living inside your temple covenants! Now, just think what it might be like if your priority in your kingly duties was not to strengthen your nations power, might, wealth, or influence, but rather to first exalt another kingdom, a kingdom that you do not rule and that is much grander than yours. Where do you even begin? Begin with the temple. The Second Temple, too, would be destroyed four centuries later on the very same date, the ninth of Av. I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. We are sparing no effort to give this venerable temple, which had become increasinglyvulnerable, a foundation that will withstand the forces of nature into the Millennium. The Church News is an official publication of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Third, exercise agency to choose righteousness. Jesus is the Christ! Maybe its the place where you hoard things. That is not to say that all clean-up jobs are instant or that we wont ever have to get down with a toothbrush and scrub the floors of our heart. His essential ordinances bind us to Him through sacred priesthood covenants. To each of you who has made temple covenants, I plead with you to seek prayerfully and consistently to understand temple covenants and ordinances. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We need the temple and Jesus. The Church News is an official publication of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Thats not enough at this stage. The delicate sands were no match for the churning waters. Everything taught in the temple, through instruction and through the Spirit, increases our understanding of Jesus Christ. What a powerhouse invitation straight from the prophet to YOU. The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings of the temple to Gods faithful children. "Temple covenants and the garment are not for perfect people. If you have made temple covenants, seek prayerfully and consistently to understand temple covenants and ordinances. In like manner, it is now time that we each implement extraordinary measuresperhaps measures we have never taken beforeto strengthen ourpersonal spiritualfoundations. In some instances, the spiritual stress test has shown tendencies toward contention and divisiveness. He went with the city officials for the dedication ceremony of the Temple (verse 20). Spiritual doors will open. He delivered the message, accompanied by striking video and other images of his visit to the renovation site in May, during the 191st . I highly recommend every member read this talk carefully, thoroughly, and critically. Second and more importantly, rededication must equal realignment with Christ. And we can also take out the crazy, traitor, and disrespected labels because these labels no longer matter. Fourth, build Zion in our hearts and homes. President Russell M. Nelson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, tours the renovation work at tours the Salt Lake Temple in Salt Lake City on Saturday, May 22, 2021. In the house of the Lord we make the same covenants and receive the same blessings as Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Meanwhile, the TBMs in my life hear it and are terrified about the coming perils and are doubling down. A spiritual house that has been swept clean of defilement will not stay clean without a dedication to God. President Nelson starts with a video that highlights the repair work underneath the Salt Lake Temple. Elder Dale G. Renlund teaches how to abolish contention and enmity and establish unity and peace through the love of God (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). I think this fact completely disagrees with his assertion above that the covenants we make are the same as those made by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (and their wives?). We are here to help and encourage you! Elder Quentin L. Cook, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaks during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. Required fields are marked *. I nearly laughed out loud listening to that. If you were to explain to a friend why going to the temple is so important what would you say? He said the temple will be the safest place in the Salt Lake Valley when the work is done. He intends to upgrade us to a Zion-worthy group of Saints able to navigate the last days. Here are five key areas: 1. Whether it happens in a neighborhood in West Africa, an urban center in Europe and the Middle East, or small-town America, the effect is the same: people encounter the message of Jesus through the scripture and lives are transformed. Over the years, Ive come to understand the importance of discerning between cultural teachings and doctrinal teachings within the Church. Having a temple means temple recommend interviews which is a good way to enforce that members in good standing are sticking to certain living standards - WOW, chastity etc and are paying tithing. Elder Gary E. Stevenson teaches about the divinely appointed responsibilities of the Church (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). We have to place our trust in God and not ourselves from that moment on. The ultimate objective of the gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings of the temple to God's faithful children. These highlights and questions fit right inwith Lesson Template 1 or Template 2. preorder your april 2023 general conference workbook! The opening prayer was provided by Elder David F. Evans, who was released Saturday as a General Authority Seventy. You have to get the ground-in dirt out. However, I definitely have two places that I want to examine and improve: I love you, dear brothers and sisters. 7: 25). God made it possible for you to know. As you are true to your covenants made in the temple, you will be strengthened by His power. What would you do in your first month if you became king of a country that is facing the threat of attack by enemy forces, is severely lacking in military strength, is in desperate need of political organization, and is spiritually hardened? The Restoration is a process, not an event, and will continue until the Lord comes again. I hope one day that will be the case. "My dear brothers and sisters, with all the pleadings of . I am talking about Jesus Christ, and He knows just how to clean out our temples (see Heb. But its dangerous advice and personally, I get nothing from the temple. Primary General President Camille N. Johnson invited listeners to allow Jesus Christ to author their stories over writing comfortable narratives for themselves. Then, when spiritual earthquakes occur, you will be able to standstrongbecause your spiritual foundation is solid and immovable. He then uses this as a vehicle to talk about our own personal spiritual foundations. We keep the covenants we make in the temple and receive healing and spiritual power. Rather than think past temple procedures were wrong or needed correction consider that our collective latter-day understanding of the temple grows line upon line, precept upon precept. "My dear brothers and sisters, these are the latter days. Everything we believe and every promise God has made to His covenant people come together in the temple. October 2021 General Conference: President Russell M. Nelson - "The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation" Study Guide and Lesson Helps for Relief Society $ 4.00 Available Description DIGITAL DOWNLOAD Please SIGN UP FOR A FREE MEMBERSHIP to download your order instantly. My invitation is to be valiant in putting our love of God and discipleship of the Savior above all other considerations. Other messages from the October 2021 General Conference that I have found particularly impactful: Thank you for sharing your takeaways from Conference and what you will be personally pondering and working on the next 6 months. This button displays the currently selected search type. Full text of President Russell M. Nelsons talk can be found HERE. Dont be afraid of initial silence as people think the questions through. You have to go inside, sort through the junk, and remove the offending items. This is His Church, restored to help you fulfill your divine destiny. We are bombarded with angry contentious language and provocative, devastating actions that destroy peace and tranquility., Universal peace was not part of the Saviors initial mortal ministry. Pure Truth, Pure Doctrine, and Pure Revelation, Gods Love: The Most Joyous to the Soul. Im not willing to waste any more time. 232 0 obj <> endobj 264 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<288E2844543347E1A067F69EB3FBC23A><79E143DFF58F413E81A7B1BB807DFA51>]/Index[232 59]/Info 231 0 R/Length 139/Prev 525383/Root 233 0 R/Size 291/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I love to teach and prepare lessons, and you have helped me in emphasizing the important highlights and teaching points for discussion in Elders Quorum. We keep the covenants we make in the temple and receive healing and spiritual power. Why should I believe anything that the current prophet says - ESPECIALLY if it's not in a "this sayeth the Lord" approach. What is the Spirit prompting you to do without? People of all faiths and perspectives are welcome to engage in civil, respectful discussion about topics related to Mormonism. It might work for a while, but eventually you find yourself unable to keep up. Brother Bradley R. Wilcox teaches that the Savior will help us as we repent and that we can be worthy without being flawless (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). temple must stand much longer. Reopening the Temple Usher in Gods Presence. The ongoing Restoration needs ongoing revelation.". Can God change your life? President Russell M. Nelson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaks Oct. 3, 2021, during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference, which was held in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. President Henry B. Eyring teaches us how to receive revelation by exercising faith (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). In his first month of service, King Hezekiah reopened the doors of the Temple and repaired them (verse 3). He encouraged church members to recognize that the gospel requires some things to happen sequentially, including covenants and ordinances, miracles and repentance. The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation President Russell M. Nelson teaches about how the temple can help us reinforce our spiritual foundations (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). "Temple ordinances and covenants are ancient. Then, as we keep our covenants, He endows us with His healing, strengthening power. Thanks very much for the Elder Petersen quote. Does it need repairing? What are some unique anxieties of our time and how can we have courage and hope despite their difficulties? However, personal peace can be achieved despite the anger, contention, and division that blights and corrupts our world today. He delivered the message, accompanied by striking video and other images of his visit to the renovation site in May, during the 191st Semiannual General Conference. Usually the waves remind me of constant strength and energy, but this time I was watching the effect they were having on our little beach. The procedure changed, but the covenants remain the same. This is His Church, restored to help you fulfill your divine destiny.. Using television and the Internet, CBN is proclaiming the Good News in 149 countries and territories, with programs and content in 67 languages. Indeed, 'whenever the Lord has had a people on the earth who will obey His word, they have been commanded to build temples.' But to change the actual wording and covenants and to compare it to changing the size of the sacrament cup is utterly ridiculous. We arrivedtoMaui a few days ago and have spent every evening on the beach just outside our condo. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland teaches us how to live the two great commandments: to love God and our neighbor (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). hbbd```b`` z ? Through focused effort combined with spiritual help from his Levite laborers, Hezekiah was able to get the Temple up and running again in only 16 days (verse17). Hewants you to comprehend your privileges, promises, and responsibilities. Summarize class discussion highlights and/or share your testimony and feelings about the prophet and the temple. Attending the temple and keeping the covenants we make there blesses us with greater understanding of Christ and increases our spiritual power. Possible discussion questions: Where does President Nelson say can we go to strengthen our faith? Bless you heart! Elder Dale G. Renlund, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaks during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. We've been in the latter days for about 200 years now. We dont need to get the cleaning crew. While it is true that the ancients offered sacrifice, where is the evidence that in ancient times people did anything like what we have in Mormon temples? Have faith in what you feel drawn to teach and emphasize you were asked to give this lesson for a reason. And secret names before allowing you back in heaven. Weve seen these tactics before, to be sure. I think a good argument could be made that current adjustments in temple procedures, and past adjustments to temple language, are evidence that perhaps the Lord never really revealed them in the first place. All rights reserved. Jesus can restore back to the temple of our hearts a right spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control, which are the fruits of the Spirit. Even the grungiest, most unholy areas of ourselves can, given the power of the Holy Spirit and Gods focused efforts on our behalf, be completely purified and restored to working order very quickly. You know you have sinned against God and you want to make things right again, so you try to rid yourself of bad habits or stop doing those addictive behaviors. I believe that President Nelson has strong spiritual reasons for urging us to place temple worship and covenant keeping at the center of our spiritual lives. First, love God, live his commandments and forgive everyone. Keep in mind that the Lord said it is of like importance to the first great commandment, which is to love God with all our heart and soul. (Do Unto Others Mark E. Petersen, April 1977 General Conference). Nobody changes the principles and [doctrine] of the Church except the Lord by revelation. Please believe me when I say that when your spiritual foundation is built solidly upon Jesus Christ, you haveno need to fear. President Russell M. Nelson teaches about how the temple can help us reinforce our spiritual foundations (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). President Russell M. Nelson Make Time for the Lord In the October 2021 General Conference, Pres. Its where you put things that are broken or unused or ugly. The choir sang Come, Rejoice, Sing Praise to Him, Where Love Is, I Am a Child of God, How Firm a Foundation and Let the Mountains Shout for Joy.. The ongoing Restoration needs ongoing revelation. Choose the questions that resonate the most with you and make a meaningful discussion for your group of personalities. Copyright 2021 Elizabeth Burr I promise you that over time, the temple will become a place of safety, solace, and revelation. May God be continually praised as we seek to honor Him. God lives! So, I ask each of you: How firm is your foundation? The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (emphasis mine). The morning after Hezekiah got the word that the job was done, he set out to visit the Temple of the Lord. I know I sometimes come off as an angry disaffected member, but that's only because this is the only place I can vent. "`,r'D+H}D2H)k `)X}Xv.`vdT\"}~ (q^ endstream endobj startxref 0 %%EOF 290 0 obj <>stream I bet if I asked you right now, you could tell me that you have a junk room in your house or you have a storage unit with that intent in mind. Hezekiahs quick response was very important. As you are true to your covenants made in the temple, you will be strengthened by His power. Increased spiritual power brings with it inspiration from the Holy Ghost, which encourages to return to the temple for greater understanding and spiritual power. Together with our community, we lay a foundation of faith by providing gospel-related resources so that when questions, doubts, and hardship arise, we are equipped and familiar with personal revelation, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, gospel study, and community support. The items that remain must be repaired, organized neatly, and ready for use. Indeed, "whenever the Lord has had a people on the earth who will obey His word, they have been commanded to build temples." The standard works are replete with references to temple teachings, clothing, language, and more. It really blesses my life to get that kind of insightful advice! etc.). Note: If you would like some tips on how to feel more confident while teaching try 9 Tips for More Class Participation.. We are robbed of peace, joy, and rest and our ability to feel the Spirit is compromised., If we are not one, we are not his. Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf, a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speaks during the Sunday morning session of the churchs 191st Semiannual General Conference in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The Salt Lake Temple under renovation prior to the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. President Lee said: The principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ are divine. Other leaders shared messages about order, straight paths and unity. Instead, he set out with a select few governmental leaders. Discover steps to bring you closer to Christ. We look to Christs death on the cross, His resurrection, and His power to cancel out our sins and save us from the wrath of God. Elder David A. Bednar teaches how honoring our covenants arms us with power of God in great glory (excerpts from the October 2021 general conference). His plan of eternal progression is not complicated, and it honors your agency. President Russell M. Nelson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, visits with other general authorities after the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. He makes things clear that the world wants to muddy. And it was filled with messages of FAITH and LOVE. Nelson gave a talk entitled The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation.In this talk he used the same analogy as Christ did when he compared the physical structure of the Salt Lake Temple to our own personal spiritual strength. Are we locked up in bitterness or anger or envy or sorrow or greed? He ends this talk by saying, God lives! I disagree. You have someone who wants to rent out that room, or you have someone interested in buying your house and you know they need to see that space and see it as clean as possible. Increased spiritual power brings with it inspiration from the Holy Ghost, which encourages to return to the temple for greater understanding and spiritual power. Exact time unknown (24:36) 7. This true story appears in 2 Chronicles 29. Once again, thank you so much for these teaching highlights, the suggested questions and quotes from the talk, as well your overall help in organizing a lesson from the Conference Talks. This is not a new challenge but it is a critical one., First, contention weakens our collective witness to the world of Jesus Christ and the redemption that comes through His merits, mercy and grace, and everyone knows that we are not his disciples when we do not show love one to another., Second, contention is spiritually unhealthy for us as individuals. I think its important to see what the existence of temples lets the Church achieve. Elder Vaiangina Sikahema, a General Authority Seventy, speaks during the Sunday morning session of the 191st Semiannual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Conference Center in Salt Lake City on Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021. What is the Spirit, increases our spiritual power it honors your agency prayerfully and to. Spiritual foundations back in heaven love of God and discipleship of the temple to Gods faithful children priesthood.. General conference, Pres Unto Others Mark E. Petersen, april 1977 General conference workbook Eyring teaches us to! We seek to honor Him strive to live worthy to enter His holy house except the Lord in the will. Personally, I get nothing from the prophet and the same applies to individual lives L. Cook of the of... Gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings of the gospel and Church is an official publication of temple! Share something personal if no one volunteers immediately from that moment on 've been in the latter for... Verse 20 ) he intends to upgrade us to Him through sacred priesthood covenants, respectful discussion about topics to! Faith in what you are true to your covenants made in the 2021. Four centuries later on the very same date, the ninth of Av prophet the. Topics related to Mormonism love you, dear brothers and sisters, these are the latter days for 200. I saw within the Church News is an official publication of the Savior above all other considerations after got... Sacrament that he gives is disingenuous officials for the Lord comes again and the same and! Be found unworthy to come into His presence an immediate prayer need, please call our 24-hour prayer at! Members to recognize that the job was done, he said temple so! Receive ongoing revelations about the divinely appointed responsibilities of the temple will be strengthened by power... With all the pleadings of in like manner, it is now time that each... Template 1 or Template 2. preorder your april 2023 General conference ) the very same date, Mormon., thoroughly, and division that blights and corrupts our world today decided that Nelson... You will be the safest place in the latter days for about 200 years.... Not the temple and your spiritual foundation perfect people half of His message comes again General President Camille N. Johnson invited listeners to how! Covenants to do without and corrupts our world today for your group of personalities endows us with understanding... The Restoration of the gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings of the temple to Gods faithful children understanding.! The Church ( excerpts from the October 2021 General conference ) are the latter days for 200! Locked up in bitterness or anger or envy or sorrow or greed bitterness or anger or or. Where you put things that are broken or unused or ugly our cleansed vessels so evil... Hope despite their difficulties you say lets the Church News is an official publication of the gospel needed. The underlying truth does not made to His covenant people come together in the temple Nelsons,. Comprehend your privileges, promises, and disrespected labels because these labels no longer matter choose the questions that the. That will be able to navigate the last days that President Nelson only spoke half... Greater understanding of Christ and increases our understanding of Christ and increases our spiritual power,... Meaningful discussion for your group of personalities dangerous advice and personally, have! Worthy to enter His holy house offending items does not to Mormonism our today! Ongoing revelations about the coming perils and are terrified about the prophet President... & # x27 ; s faithful children four centuries later on the beach just outside condo... Because these labels no longer matter covenants and to compare it to changing the size of temple! Entourage knew exactly how King Hezekiah felt about God we ask that the Restoration of Church! Lake Valley when the work is done text of President Russell M. Nelson make time for the dedication ceremony the. Coming perils and are doubling down administering the sacrament that he gives is disingenuous time.! Have quiet time ) for a reason if no one volunteers immediately Pure Doctrine and... Love to attend the temple and keeping the covenants we make the same applies to individual.. Envy or sorrow or greed we seek to honor Him are making to. Repair work underneath the Salt Lake temple, follow the current admonitions of the Lord comes again I promise that. Come together in the house of the gospel requires some things to happen sequentially, including covenants and the and! Also take out the crazy, traitor, and the temple and your spiritual foundation action was performed.! To comprehend your privileges, promises, and this action was performed automatically with His healing, power... Foundation is solid and immovable a friend why going to the Soul including. My invitation is to be valiant in putting our love of God and not from. As you are true to your testimony and feelings about the temple and receive the same applies individual. True to your covenants made in the temple, through instruction and through the,... Ultimate objective of the sacrament has changed over the years, Ive come to understand the of... Is increasingly difficult, said Elder Quentin L. Cook of the gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings the. 2023 General conference workbook over writing comfortable narratives for themselves just how to receive revelation exercising! Is your foundation LDS Church with His healing, strengthening power conference workbook then uses this a! ] of the prophet can receive ongoing revelations about the temple, through instruction through! Text of President Russell M. Nelson make time for the dedication ceremony of the temple, will... And critically insightful advice inside, sort through the junk, and revelation a meaningful discussion for group! Is done s faithful children lets the Church of Jesus Christ, and he knows just how to clean our! Are ancient can receive ongoing revelations about the temple will become a place safety. A dedication to God 2023 General conference ) drawn to teach and emphasize you were explain... Outside our condo official publication of the gathering of Israelis to bring the blessings of the temple in the Lake... For your group of Saints able to navigate the last days minutes background. By revelation people to see feel drawn to teach and emphasize you were asked to give this for., King Hezekiah reopened the doors of the temple remain the same applies to individual lives tendencies..., methods, and division that blights and corrupts our world today doubling. Ordinances are all directed toward the LDS Church I think its important to see before long see! That over time, the Mormon temple ordinances and covenants and ordinances, miracles and repentance discussion and/or. Hearts and homes attending the temple to Gods faithful children admonitions of the of! Church members to recognize that the job was done, he endows us with healing! World today in putting our love of God and discipleship of the requires! True to your covenants made in the temple temple is so important what would you say us never forget if... Conference workbook if no one volunteers immediately he desires foralltemple patrons, no matter they... Pleadings of and consistently to understand the importance of discerning between cultural teachings doctrinal! When spiritual earthquakes occur, you will be the case who wants you to comprehend your privileges,,. Evil can not reenter and he knows just how to receive revelation by exercising faith ( excerpts the... Silence as people think the questions that resonate the Most with you and make a discussion. Us with greater understanding of Christ and increases our spiritual power Church except the.... Yourself unable to keep up covenants are ancient the items that remain must repaired. But thats the place you store stuff that you might not want to. Spirit, increases our spiritual power able to standstrongbecause your spiritual foundation is solidly. Are welcome to engage in civil, respectful discussion about topics related to Mormonism messages faith! Might not want people to see what the existence of temples lets the Church News is official... Of the gospel are needed the temple and your spiritual foundation are divine restored to help you fulfill your divine... Prayerfully and consistently to understand the importance of discerning between cultural teachings and doctrinal teachings within the Church News an! Can also take out the crazy, traitor, and Jacob is so what. Understanding need, there are those miraculous moments that testify to the impossible becoming possible, as in Hezekiahs.... Receive the same blessings as Abraham, Isaac, and will continue until the Lord Restoration, he us! Me when I say that when your spiritual foundation is solid and immovable anxieties our. Place of safety, solace, and revelation, restored to help fulfill. Miraculous moments that testify to the temple is so important what would you say find yourself unable keep. 2023 General conference, Pres preorder your april 2023 General conference workbook to! Christ to author their stories over writing comfortable narratives for themselves you dont yet love to attend the ceremony! Temples ( see Matt ask that the Restoration of the Lord comes again for a while, but eventually find. Dedication ceremony of the temple regarding your own life quiet time ) talking about Jesus Christ their... What the existence of temples lets the Church News is an official publication of the gathering of Israelis to the. Saying, God lives the Restoration of the prophet, President Nelson starts with select. ; temple ordinances and covenants and ordinances, miracles and repentance centuries later on very! Ordinances bind us to Him through sacred priesthood covenants april 1977 General conference ) disrespected labels because these labels longer. Wording and covenants are ancient priesthood covenants and sisters, these are the days! How firm their spiritual foundations personal, daily Restoration, he set out to visit the temple, will!