west virginia contractor license classifications

This type of specialty should be obtained by the individual who is going to take projects related to the construction, remodeling, improvement, removal. Renewal Cost: $190. Richmond, VA 23233. Classes are free, taught by certified DPOR staff, and offered once a month at DPOR offices in the Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Board Room 2 (directions here). So must plumbing, electrical, and some other contractors. How to File a Mechanics Lien: the Ultimate Step-by-step Guide for Any State, How Do Mechanics Liens Work? Class A licenses also come with a net worth/equity requirement of $45,000. To get more info about registration contact the WV State Tax Department at (304) 558-3333 or (800) 982-8297. This guide will help, as it sorts through West Virginia contractor licensing requirements, making sense of a complex situation. A person holding this license can carry out the installation, alteration, and repair of earthen material. Any electrical performed for compensation must be by a licensed electrician. All prospective contractors are required to take the 8 hour business class. Overview. The application fee is $300. The course is not specific to any particular classification or specialty. I used to think getting paid in 90 days was normal. Do you need a license to file a mechanics lien in West Virginia? ) You may then fill out your applications and submit them to the licensing authorities identified in the package. Expired Electrician License Renewal Fee: $100.00. I believe a person was impersonating as a licensed general contractor. Virginia candidates can only test at the examination centers listed below. s(\d/My^5f"= lW DPOR stands ready to assist veterans and active-duty military personnel as they maintain or transition to civilian careers requiring professional credentials. No earlier than 60 days prior to your license expiration, send in the renewal fee, make checks payable to theTreasurer of Virginia, and include your license number on your check. This also includes electrical generation projects, pools, harbors, highways, airports, bridges, and more. [CDATA[// >