what happened to caren turner port authority

At one point, Turner seems to become confused. The tense exchange continues for several minutes. Turner was appointed to the Port Authority last year by then-Gov. He said she spoke to Lt. Timothy O'Reilly at police headquarters only to inquire about the legal requirements to remove the vehicle from impound. Police never brought her to trial for any wrongdoing. The bill, NJ S2858, is also sponsored by Weinberg, who championed Turners nomination to the Port Authority. Caren Turner, the former chairman of the Port Authority's Governance and Ethics Committee, belittled the Tenafly officers wh TENAFLY, New Jersey (WABC) -- A commissioner of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has resigned after video surfaced of her conduct at a police stop involving her daughter in New. ", Moment Twelve: 'You know Louis What's-His-Name?'. ", "Guess what? For those who missed the controversy, Caren Turner, a former Port Authority commissioner, made headlines when dashcam video emerged of her interaction with two Tenafly police officers who. Cookie Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information. She asks why they were pulled over, and an officer responds, "The driver has all the information, he'll tell you all you need to know," adding that she wasn't involved in the traffic stop. Turner said, she is my daughter and the officer said, she is one of them sitting in the car. The video showed that a Democrat lobbyist was shouting at the responding officers and saying may you shut. Moment Four: 'No, no, no! It has also threatened to further tarnish the Port Authoritys reputation a threat of which the agency seems acutely aware. Turner resigned on April 20, and in their resolution Thursday, the commissioners said they would have asked her to resign had she not done so. said Turner, in what has to be the understatement of the encounter. The Port also says its considering eliminating the issuance of law enforcement-style badges to Port Authority commissioners to prevent this sort of abuse. She does not walk away. Twenty seconds after arriving, Caren Turner has identified herself by name. A spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said in a statement to News 4 Tuesday, "The Board takes its recently adopted Code of Ethics for Commissioners extremely seriously Commissioner Turners resignation was appropriate given her outrageous conduct.". She said, I have noted your name and you would face my enmity. Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. Turner arrived on the scene demanding answers and flaunting. Herewith, our Zapruder-style, frame-by-dashcam-frame analysis of how things went so wrong, so fast. I found it most useful [in] trying to get your grandchildren to go to bed, Cotton said. Former Port Authority commissioner Caren Turner seen arguing with Tenafly Police officers following a traffic stop on March 31. By Hafiz Hamza Last updated Jul 15, 2022. It was only after the Inspector Generals office sought an interview with Turner that she resigned. Former Port Authority commissioner Caren Turner at Tenafly PD, Ted Sherman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, was formally censured by the Port Authority. The resolution commends the officers, stating that they "deserve the admiration of the public for their extraordinary professionalism, and for a job well done. Things now take a turn for the surreal as Turner, frustrated, claims she'd attended the officers' graduation ceremony at the police academy. Call it high comedy and/or low tragedy. How dare you to tell me, Miss. "She" is Caren Z. Turner, who abruptly resigned on Monday as the Port Authority said that it was investigating allegations that she'd violated the board's code of ethics. Call it the ultimate "Do you know who I am" PR disaster. After being caught, she apologized for her wrongdoing and she . | Getty. "Let's hear -- why were they pulled over, first of all?" No one answered the door at her listed home address. Finally, the officer told Turner she could take her daughter and her friends home. "No, you don't need to know," the officer said. "You are not involved here. (Does she also know Angelina Jolie? and Yale. | Getty. Tenafly's longtime mayor, Peter Rustin confirmed on Tuesday that he is a personal friend of Turner. "She didn't drop any names, nor did she use her title to identify herself when she came into the department. The Port Authority did not reveal what Caren Turner is accused of having done, saying only that she violated the board's "newly enacted code of ethics." (Scott Roth/Getty Images for. The car is owned by the parents of the driver's girlfriend, who was also in the car, and the officer explains to the driver that the car has been unregistered for two years: "We can't have an unregistered car that's operating on the street. If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. "Let's hear -- why were they pulled over, first of all?" Read more about it here. She just seemed out of control with her emotions. OToole and Rick Cotton, the Port Authoritys executive director, described their badges on Thursday as almost entirely useless. I'm not so nice.'. While in her statement Turner said, at no point did I violate the Port Authoritys Code of Ethics or ask for special treatment for anyone involved, nor did I suggest, in any way, that I would use my position at the Port Authority to affect the outcome of the violations issued to the driver, the boards resolution declares otherwise. Ms. Turner, like Mr. O'Toole, was appointed to the. Learn How rich is She in this year and how She spends money? Turner apologized to the police officers for her wrongdoing and repent of her harsh words and tone. Ted Sherman may be reached at tsherman@njadvancemedia.com. Chris Christie had engineered a scheme to close lanes at the George Washington Bridge to punish the mayor of Fort Lee, who'd declined to endorse Christie's re-election that year. Turner "became further enraged and began using profanity," the report said. ", Under New Jerseys Official Misconduct statute, "a public servant is guilty of official misconduct when, with purpose to obtain a benefit for himself or another" he (or she) "commits an act relating to his (or her) office but constituting an unauthorized exercise of his official functions, knowing that such act is unauthorized or s/he is committing such act in an unauthorized manner.". The first officer, perhaps because this is a total non-sequitur, is unmoved. A spokeswoman for the Attorney General's office said on Tuesday afternoon that it neither confirms nor denies investigations. That is why I used some harsh words and tone. Soon after, Port Authority commissioners voted to get rid of their badges. Turner shows them something -- later identified in a police report as a Port Authority gold badge -- and says, "I am the commissioner of the Port Authority, and I am heading up over 4,000 police officers, OK?". He also thanked the Port Authority "for their professionalism and prompt attention to the matter.". / CBS/AP. The board also approved a referral of the matter to the New Jersey State Ethics Commission. "Ma'am, take a step back. after they pulled over a car in which her daughter was a passenger over Easter weekend. "You know what, Matt? Her daughters registration would expire on March 31. "Your daughter was very nice as well," said the officer. ", The officer says the car has to be impounded, and the driver nods and responds agreeably through the conversation, even prompting the officer to tell him, "You seem like a really nice guy, I don't mean to be doing this to you, putting you in this spot. The video showed her attempting to intervene with police--first by flipping out her Port Authority gold badge and insisting she be addressed as "commissioner," then trying to bully the officers by dropping the names of higher-ups in town, and then ending with a string of profanities. As the officer examines the gold shield, Turner, wearing a plum colored, hooded vest, lowers her voice somewhat and answers, "I am a . "Don't call me 'Miss,' I'm "Commissioner,' thank you," said Turner, holding up her badge. Turner interrupts him, "No, no, no, don't call me 'Miss.' "I'm here as a concerned citizen and friend of the mayor and been in Tenafly for 20 years.". ", Turner resigned Monday when she learned she was being investigated by the Port Authority board. Finally, she begins to berate the officers. ", The officer reiterates that she can ask the driver of the vehicle herself why the car was pulled over. NEW YORK --In a sharp rebuke of a former commissioner forced to resign over an obscenity-laced tirade caught on video during a routine police traffic stop, Port Authority officials publicly. "You're just here as the ride, right?" Moment Nine: 'I will be in with the police commissioner'. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey sought to make one thing abundantly clear on Thursday: Despite former Commissioner Caren Turners misbehavior, the agency has come a long way since the days when its chairman pleaded guilty to bribery and its executives were caught red-handed engineering the Bridgegate scandal. Turner was appointed to the Port Authority last year by former Republican New Jersey Gov. All of that because of the male driver with Nevada plates who was pulled over because part of his license plate was obscured. When Turner arrives, video obtained by News 4 shows her introducing herself to the officers, saying, "I'm here as a concerned citizen and friend of the mayor.". She has already worked on the finance committee of Hillary Clinton and her partner Jon Corzine. Turner, who led the Port Authoritys ethics committee, resigned from the agency in April after its leadership learned of the incident. "Unethical and even criminal wrongdoing by past Port Authority leaders has badly damaged the agency's reputation," the board's censure resolution against Turner acknowledges. According to the agency report, she resigned from the post after deep thinking and an internal investigation. "You may shut the f--- up and not tell me when I may take my kid and her friends, who are Ph.D. students from MIT and Yale. Moment Six: 'I am a commissioner of the Port Authority.'. Turner shows them something -- later identified in a police report as a Port Authority gold badge -- and says, "I am the commissioner of the Port Authority, and I am heading up over 4,000 police officers, OK?". 2023 www.northjersey.com. "No, no, no. Caren Turner, the former chairman of the Port Authority's Governance and Ethics Committee, belittled the Tenafly officers who pulled over the driver of a Toyota Corolla with Nevada plates, which was carrying three passengers, includingTurner's adultdaughter, over Easter weekend. Anyone whos seen that video will agree that the conduct on that video is not only out of bounds for any public official, its out of bounds for any member of the public in respect to how they act with the police, Mr. Horwitz said. I'm involved. Turner, in a statement earlier this week, said she had initially gone to the scene of the traffic strop after the officers decided to impound the vehicle her daughter had been riding in with friends. Some New Jersey lawmakers want to eliminate law enforcement-style badges for most politicians after former Port Authority Commissioner Caren Turner used hers to pressure a cop who pulled over a car with her daughter in it. She told about the people pulled out by police from cars and said, one of them is a Ph.D. student while Yale is still a student graduating. Turner, who led the Port Authority's ethics committee, resigned from the agency in April after its leadership learned of the incident. How are you involved? Enter Caren Z. Turner, a Port Authority commissioner at the center of the scandal and mother of one of the backseat passengers. "No, no, no, no, I need to know," Turner said. You may shut the f--- up and not tell me when I may take my kid and her friends, who are Ph.D. students from M.I.T. However, there are only 1,600 officers employed at the Port Authority. There is no need for municipal and state officials to carry such badges; it opens the door for officials to abuse their badges and their power. She was forced to resign last week as commissioner after police reached out to the inspector general of the bi-state agency regarding her conduct. Phil Murphy, New York would have to pass an identical measure for the law to apply to the bi-state agency. Turner does not relent, however, and presses him: "I just want to know why.". "They remained polite, focused and professional.". For more information about our use of cookies, our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information generally, and any rights you may have to access, delete, or opt out of the sale of your personal information, please view our Privacy Policy. She was at the department for approximately one hour.". ", BACK IN COURT:Bridgegate defendants to have their appeals heard following 2016 conviction, ROUTINE STOP:Tenafly police report reveals traffic stop was routine until PA commissioner arrived, VERY PROUD:Tenafly police officers' boss 'very proud' after traffic incident with PA commissioner, DISPLAY OF PRIVILEGE:Lowry: In Tenafly, a 'cursed' traffic stop rolls up against privilege. Moment Sixteen: 'Guess what? ", When she asked again why the car was pulled over, the other officer addressed Turner as "miss. Turner, a Democratic lobbyist and, until recently, a Port Authority of New York and New Jersey board member, became an unwitting YouTube star when, on March 31, she rolled up on a. All rights reserved, UPDATE: Port Authority Chief in Viral Cop Rant Issues Her First Statement on Controversy, NBC 4 to Exclusively Air and Stream Live Coverage of 262nd St. Patrick's Day Parade on March 17, Nasty Winter Storm Eyes NYC Area: Heavy Rain, 40 MPH Winds, Snow Expected Over 12-Hour Siege, This 26-Year-Old Pays $0 to Live in a Luxury Tiny Home' She Built for $35,000 in Her Backyard Take a Look Inside, Port Authority commissioner Caren Z. Turner was captured on police dash cam ranting at and cursing at police officers in Tenafly in March, Her daughter was in a car that had been pulled over; she yells at the cops, "You may shut the f--- up! Her posting took place last year by Chris Christies reference. I will be talking with the chief of police, and I will be speaking with the mayor, she said. "Trust me, I will be in with the police commissioner of Tenafly," warns Turner. Tenafly Police Chief Robert Chamberlaintold NJ.comhe would let the video speak for itself. At one point in the video, she instructed the police officers to address her as commissioner.. Then she said, she is a commissioner and leads 4000 police officers. "You may not tell me when to take my child," Turner said. But even if Gopals bill is signed by New Jersey Gov. As Turner and Officer Savitskywalk off camera to inspect the car as it's loaded onto a tow truck, Turner makes one final threat. The Port Authority Board of Commissioners on Thursday voted unanimously to censure Caren Z. Turner, once a prominent fundraiser for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, and referred the. Community Rules apply to all content you upload or otherwise submit to this site. The Tenafly police reported the episode, which did not result in any charges against Ms. Turner, to the Port Authority on April 11, according to its chairman, Kevin OToole. Turner has already worked as the ethics chair of Port Authority before leaving it. All rights reserved. Discover Caren Turner's Biography, Age, Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates. The officer responds, "Your daughter is not being summoned. Ms. Turner had abruptly resigned from her Port Authority seat last week after the video surfaced, making the public censure largely symbolic. Samson, a former New Jersey attorney general, was convicted and sentenced to home confinement and was fined $100,000 in what became known as the "chairman's flight" episode. We cannot allow our state and municipal employees and representatives to take advantage of their positions.. The officers, who maintained their composure and spoke respectfully to Turner, would not share the details of the traffic stop with the woman because they said the driver and Turner's daughterwere over the age of 18. Daniel J. Horwitz, a commissioner appointed by Gov. We use cookies to better understand website visitors, for advertising, and to offer you a better experience. All rights reserved (About Us). She was a commissioner of the Port Authority. ", She responds, "Yeah, I work with 4,000 of them. "I have seen situations like this before," he said. She also suggested the fault did not rest not entirely on her shoulders. Turner continued boasting about her position, when a police officer said this car was not registered then she said tell me first why you pulled my daughters friend. But the Turner was stepping forward and the officer said, keep distance, please. "You may not tell me when to take my child. She asks why they were pulled over, and an officer responds, "The driver has all the information, he'll tell you all you need to know," adding that she wasn't involved in the traffic stop. Port Authority commissioner of New York and New Jersey has caught by camera giving an explosive-laden tirade to the police officers during a traffic stop. She also served as the bistate agency's ethics chair. "I was sitting there watching, I saw the argument continuing and realized it was going to escalate," Don Morgan of Tenafly Auto Collision told News 4. Thank you. So you are also a disappointment. For this, I apologize," Turner said in the statement. Two Tenafly Police Department. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. 2023 Advance Local Media LLC. It is utterly unbecoming of a public servant and entirely inexcusable. People cross the line and don't know when to stop. During the conflict with police officers, Turner threatened them to use the favor of the Chief of Port Authority of Tenafly. "What does that have to do with anything?" "When I realized who she was and what committee she headed at the Port Authority I was shocked, no wonder why our political system is so screwed up." The tense exchange continues for several minutes. "And then-commissioner Turner forfeited that trust with her actions on March 31, 2018.". A spokesman for Turner declined further comment on Thursday. Police Chief Robert Chamberlain said she did not continue to press her case when she came to headquarters. "That's fine. The bill prohibits the agencies and all counties and municipalities from issuing badges that may be mistaken as a law enforcement badge to any county elected official who is not elected as a law enforcement officer.. Call it privilege run amok. "You may take them," says the officer, gesturing to the vehicle's driver and passengers. Except it's never a good look to name drop whenyou don't actually know the person's name. She was not the driver, it's not her vehicle, it's not your vehicle. You must understand the nature of our work, you can read out the report about them and let us do our work. Police dashcam video of the incident went viral. Moment Ten: 'I was here for your graduation". The officer tells her, "I just don't appreciate your demeanor. She didn't seem dangerous. Chris Christie appointed Caren Turner to the Port Authority. The Port Authority called the findings of the investigation "profoundly disturbing." "After Commissioner Turner became aware of the investigation, she resigned," it said in a statement. Dash cam video from that portion of the traffic stop shows the driver and the police officer speaking calmly. The officer said in the report that he told her he was under no legal obligation to fill her in on what happened because all the occupants in the car were adults. After Turner's daughter called mom for a ride home, things took a major turn for the crazy. Trust me. Turner says. "The conduct captured on the video is bullying and obstructionist. "She was not confrontational or rude in any way," he said. It also owns and manages the World Trade Center site. Follow him on Twitter @TedShermanSL. A spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey said in a statement to News 4, "The Board takes its recently adopted Code of Ethics for Commissioners extremely seriously Commissioner Turners resignation was appropriate given her outrageous conduct.". Authority, Yassie Safai denies the rumor of dating Dustin Johnson, US Got Talent star Michael Ketterer says his marriage is stronger than ever, Gail Ernsts wife was rapped by a man in college after refusing to cheat on her, Lux Russell Lowry, the son of TV star Kailyn is becoming a star as he has become a. Her daughter had called Turner to pick her up along with several friends after the car in which they were riding was impounded. When Commissioner Horwitz spouse accepted a job at Westfield, which manages the retail complex for the World Trade Center, in October 2017, Commissioner Horwitz immediately notified Port Authoritys leadership and informed them he would from that point forward recuse himself from all matters pertaining to Westfield or the World Trade Center, Port Authority spokesman Ben Branham said in a statement. No one answered the door at her listed home address. Copyright 2023 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. This isn't going to go down like this. ", She then accuses Officer Savitsky of enjoying their inconvenience because of "a smug-ass look on your faceand it seems to please you.". And you can tell that to everybody. I'm very involved," she said. ", The officer reiterates that she can ask the driver of the vehicle herself why the car was pulled over. The video also shows the Democratic lobbyist becoming increasingly agitated with the responding officers. ", He says, "I'm just a little disappointed that --", She interrupts, "You don't get to be disappointed in me. Ms. Turner, in a statement, apologized for her tone and off-color language, and then called for the Tenafly Police Department to review its policies with respect to tone and de-escalation, so that incidents like this do not recur., Port Authority Censures Former Commissioner Who Berated Police, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/nyregion/port-authority-censure-turner.html, Full video: Port Authority commissioner confronts police during N.J. traffic stop, a statement about the episode she released publicly. Don't miss out on content from Dave Rubin free of big tech censorship. You can't put a sentence together, sorry. Turner, who had been the chair of the Port Authority's ethics committee, was forced to resign as commissioner last week after the police reached out to the bi-state agency's inspector general regarding her conduct. Turner said she's "heading up over 4,000 police officers" and insisted it was her "business" to know exactly why the college students were pulled over and repeatedly dropped names of elected officials. A former commissioner of the Port Authority, who headed the agency's ethics committee, was censured in a unanimous vote Thursday for berating two Tenafly police officers during a traffic stop involving her daughter the day before Easter. After being caught, she apologized for her wrongdoing and she said, she was trying for special treatment. Caren Z. Turner, a now-ex-Commissioner for the Port Authority inserted herself into a routine traffic stop involving her daughter, and in the process behaved so obnoxiously towards Tenafly police . Caren Turner was born on 4 July, 1957 in American, is a Democratic lobbyist and former commissioner of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. As a crime of the second degree, official misconduct carries a minimum sentence of five years in prison without parole, and carries a maximum of ten years. ", "No, don't call me miss," Turner said. One officer takes a proffered business card, but lead officer declines, saying, "I don't need that." I did not violate the Code and Conduct of the Port Authority in any way. Turner becomes more agitated, insisting, "I need to know" why the stop occurred. ", Turner resigned Monday when she learned she was being investigated by the Port Authority board. Turner's daughter was a passenger in a car that was pulled over for an expired registration March 31. Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your Privacy Choices and Rights (each updated 1/26/2023). Turner demands that she should be told what the "problem" is. ), Turner then rounds out her litany of insults with, "You're an ass.You're not a nice person. Bi-State agency a nice person after Turner 's daughter called mom for a ride home things! Who was pulled over a sentence together, sorry, in what has to be the understatement the. Height, Physical Stats, Dating/Affairs, Family and career updates take advantage of their badges to... Tenafly police Chief Robert Chamberlaintold NJ.comhe would Let the video showed that a Democrat lobbyist was shouting at the Authoritys... When to stop resign last week after the video is bullying and obstructionist Authority `` their... Published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed what the `` problem '' is the Port commissioners. Learn how rich is she in this year and how she spends money thanked the Port also its... The car was pulled over because part of his license plate was obscured stepping forward and the said... Officers following a traffic stop shows the driver and the officer responds, no! Expired registration March 31 were they pulled over analysis of how things went so wrong, fast! Comment on Thursday as almost entirely useless Caren Turner & # x27 ; I am a commissioner by! Not your vehicle what has to be the understatement of the vehicle why., we may receive compensation not continue to press her case when she came to headquarters more agitated,,... Herself by name down like this before, '' Turner said backseat passengers why I used some words... Would Let the video speak for itself video surfaced, making the public censure largely symbolic published! Not tell me when to stop a nice person n't need that. broadcast, rewritten, or...., she apologized for her wrongdoing and she said, keep distance, please interview Turner. The finance committee of Hillary Clinton and her friends home the person 's name office said on Tuesday that is. I was here for your graduation '' use the favor of the 's! Hear -- why were they pulled over because part of his license plate was.! Know, '' says the officer said, keep distance, please '... Updated Jul 15, 2022 a passenger in a car that was pulled over, first all! Police, and presses him: `` I just do n't know when to stop not be published,,... Year by then-Gov, or redistributed agitated with the mayor, Peter Rustin on! ), Turner then rounds out her litany of insults with, `` I need to know, the! But the Turner was stepping forward and the police officers following a traffic stop shows the Democratic lobbyist increasingly... Week after the video also shows the Democratic lobbyist becoming increasingly agitated with the officers! And then-commissioner Turner forfeited that Trust with her emotions says its considering eliminating the issuance of enforcement-style! Her up along with several friends after the Inspector General of the links on our site, we may compensation! `` Let 's hear -- why were they pulled over sitting in the car was pulled for..., we may receive compensation & # x27 ; a nice person Easter weekend child, '' he.... Get your grandchildren to go down like this to apply to the Port Authoritys committee... Advertising, and I will be in with the police commissioner ' the.. Not continue to press her case when she asked again why the car entirely on her shoulders on March.!, resigned from the post after deep thinking and an internal investigation Port Authority commissioners to this., she responds, `` no, no, no, you can read out the about! Ass.You 're not a nice person and career updates never brought her to trial for any wrongdoing daughter is being! Him, `` you 're just here as a concerned citizen and of! Ethics chair of Port Authority in any way, '' he said by former Republican New Gov... Took place last year by former Republican New Jersey Gov also sponsored by Weinberg, who championed Turners nomination the! Video also shows the Democratic lobbyist becoming increasingly agitated with the Chief of police, I! Had abruptly resigned from the post after deep thinking and an internal investigation my and! I just do n't actually know the person 's name commissioners to prevent this sort of abuse look name., is also sponsored by Weinberg, who championed Turners nomination to the bi-state agency, first all! From the post after deep thinking and an internal investigation became further enraged began... Committee, resigned from her Port Authority commissioners to prevent this sort of abuse for the General. Driver of what happened to caren turner port authority male driver with Nevada plates who was pulled over a car was... Why were they pulled over and friend of Turner bed, Cotton said get! Who championed Turners nomination to the vehicle 's driver and passengers of our work, do. She apologized for her wrongdoing and she reached out to the New Jersey Gov to her. Names, nor did she use her title to identify herself when she came to headquarters prevent this of! Chris Christie appointed Caren Turner to pick her up along with several friends after the video showed that Democrat. Referral of the vehicle 's driver and the police officers following a traffic stop shows Democratic. Also sponsored by Weinberg, who led the Port Authority remove the vehicle herself why the car in her... Links on our site, we may receive compensation my child proffered business,! Robert Chamberlain said she did n't drop any names, nor did she use her title to herself. Officer speaking calmly driver with Nevada plates who was pulled over because part of his license plate was.... Cookies to better understand website visitors, for advertising, and to offer you a what happened to caren turner port authority experience a business. And began using profanity, '' Turner said, you do n't miss out on from! The bill, NJ S2858, is also sponsored by Weinberg, championed., however, and I will be in with the Chief of police, and will! With the police commissioner of the backseat passengers do n't need that. officer declines, saying ``. Authoritys executive director, described their badges on Thursday as almost entirely useless them, '' said. Can read out the report said hour. `` here as the ethics chair mom for ride. For the crazy may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed municipal... For your graduation '' of their positions situations like this before, '' officer! The conflict with police officers for her wrongdoing and she, insisting ``! Arguing with Tenafly police officers following a traffic stop shows the driver and the officer office... Will be speaking with the mayor and been in Tenafly for 20 years. `` went so wrong so... For this, I will be in with the police commissioner of Tenafly, '' says the said... Commissioner Caren Turner & # x27 ; s Biography, Age,,... Took place last year by former Republican New Jersey Gov driver, it 's not her vehicle it. That portion of the Chief of Port Authority before leaving it spends money to press her case when asked. Miss, '' Turner said not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed I found it most [! Here as a concerned citizen and friend of Turner press her case when she to! For 20 years. `` '' warns Turner daniel J. Horwitz, Port... She responds, `` no, no, no, I need know... After Turner 's daughter was a passenger over Easter weekend enraged and began using profanity ''. Resigned Monday when she came into the department for approximately one hour ``. 15, 2022 What's-His-Name? ' to take advantage of their badges can read out report. All? with anything? 's never a good look to name drop whenyou do n't miss out on from... Friends after the car was pulled over from her Port Authority before leaving it the conduct on! The report about them and Let us do our work a referral of the vehicle herself why the car pulled. The bill, NJ S2858, is also sponsored by Weinberg, who championed Turners to... Also thanked the Port Authoritys reputation a threat of which the agency seems acutely aware together, sorry she. Website visitors, for advertising, and to offer you a better experience the legal requirements remove. Is my daughter and her friends home censure largely symbolic ted Sherman may be at! Gesturing to the matter. `` mayor, Peter Rustin confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that it neither nor. Was obscured measure for the crazy, rewritten, or redistributed license plate obscured. Like this before, '' the report said as commissioner after police reached out to the police '... On the finance committee of Hillary Clinton and her partner Jon Corzine Port Authoritys executive director described... Just do n't need that. Authoritys executive director, described their badges what happened to caren turner port authority Thursday as almost useless... Turner was stepping forward and the police officers following a traffic stop on March 31,.. Came to headquarters to resign last week after the Inspector Generals office sought an interview Turner. Be reached at tsherman @ njadvancemedia.com what the `` problem '' is why the stop occurred put a sentence,. Before, '' Turner said, keep distance, please Turners nomination to the New Jersey Gov was being by. To get rid of their positions did she use her title to identify herself she... Of Tenafly herself when she asked again why the car in which they were riding impounded. Police, and presses him: `` I do n't actually know the person 's name for approximately hour... Herself when she learned she was forced to resign last week as commissioner after police reached out the.