white spots in pool pebble tec

The high FC will give you false high pH, so no worries about that. Hopefully it won't worsen. If dry fertilizer comes in contact with the pool decking area, it is recommended to use a leaf blower to remove all fertilizer. You are using an out of date browser. with the Worlds Most Trusted Pool Finishes. JavaScript is disabled. This pool plaster is blended with tiny river aggregate to form a hard, long-lasting, stain resistant pool surface that is unique and versatile in appearance. After 30 days, the pool water must be maintained at all times per the National Plasterers Council for recommended ranges for pH, carbonate alkalinity, calcium hardness, cyanuric acid/stabilizer, and total dissolved solids. Go beyond the waters edge, and transform your entire backyard with our stunning outdoor elements. I went down with a mask and it's not on top of the pebbles - it's like there are no pebbles there. For simple resurfacing projects, it will cost you around $6K to $7K. Water-soluble salts, acids, or ions such as sulfates, chlorides, and carbonates, can be transported into a cementitious surface coating and react with the cementitious compounds. Some people also call these light surface cracks craze cracks. A Natural Look for Pools, Spas, and Water Features, CLICK AND DRAG CENTER SCROLL TO SEE FULL IMAGE. Greetings, just joined, this is my first post. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Failure to engineer it correctly or construct it as per the design will result in leaking water from the pool and structural fail. Previous pool owner who use to have chemical only service. Yes, it can a bit rough on the feet if installed incorrectly. After 30 days, we recommend you follow the National Plasters Council (NPC) guidelines. While vacation plans have been disrupted, many homeowners have decided to improve their family homes and build a custom swimming pool and create their ultimate dream backyard. You can find lots of complaints saying the Pebble Tec surface is rough on foot. Because this is a normal phenomenon, imperfections identified through this method are not covered under our Limited Warranty. The trouble in filling a swimming pool with softened water is that soft water may seek to balance itself by leeching calcium directly from pool wallscausing the pool's plaster or tile grout to dissolve, corrode and eventually crumble. My Pebbletec is sand speckled, blue as it goes under the water. If you want the durability of a pebble finish but like the classic look of white plaster, choose White Pearl pool finish. Maybe they just over did it on the acid wash, maybe an acid startup was too aggressive. Post that and a current set of numbers and we can advise you better. Each pebble affects the reflections and . Where can I find start-up instructions for my pool? You mention low PH. By structural cracks, I mean cracks in the pool shell. I have random white dots, I have always thought they were where individual "pebbles" chipped off revealing what I believe is a plaster base of Pebbletec. PebbleTec White Pearl: A warm white finish with an earthy assortment of white, grey and golden pebbles produces a light blue to teal water color. It could have be a problem with the application process and or start up of the new finish. Scale can also trap dirt and debris, further discoloring your finish. No way to know. How are you testing? Thanks, a lot of all these questions is in the interest of learning. Copyright 2023 California Pools Franchise, Inc. | Privacy Policy, An earthy textured finish comprised of the largest pebbles in our pool finishes, Offers a durable, non-slip and stain-resistant surface, Utilizes slightly smaller pebbles than those found in PebbleTec pool finishes, Offers the smoothest texture in our product offering, Our unique technology provides increased density and resistance to etching caused by fluctuations in water chemistry, This distinctive blend offers long-lasting durability with a lavish texture, Fortified with proprietary additives providing a uniform composition and vivid color, All colors incorporate Shimmering Sea for added elegance. The water chemistry in your swimming pool and/or spa must be maintained at certain levels to prevent scale build-up. Salt Water Hayward Aqua Pro system. The spots are normal. I love gardening a lot! I haven't heard back, but plan to follow up with my PB this week. I'm not saying you have imbalanced water, or that you did, but I would certainly want to know about that. (Daytime sun shines down onto the finish surface from above, while the pool light shines horizontally across the surface.) If you have pebbles coming out regularly it could indicate a problem with your pool chemistry past or present. This same effect can be observed by laying a flashlight onto the surface of a driveway or sidewalk at night. Meanwhile, a pebble finish, like Pebble Tec or Pebble Sheen, can easily cost $10 or more per square foot. Privacy Policy. Also, since PH is related to TA, I believe, are TA readings suspect too? You ve found the most dependable, natural looking pool plaster available. If we were to assume these are calcium spots or deposits, and they are only just now appearing from the winter, you may have success scrubbing them as you would hope they wouldn't be too thick or require aggressive treatment. I had a pool installed this Spring with a pebble sheen finish and also have large white spots and even patches that have appeared. Changing the water temperature drastically on uncured plaster and pebble finishes (can) cause a problem called hydration. I keep mine at 7.5-7.6, but I also read that high CYA and the high FC levels that go with it can cause bad PH ratings. Regardless of the water chemistry, the increased water pressure and often an increased concentration of chemicals can cause greater staining or erosion to occur in these areas. In all cases, allow time for the initial curing process (approximately 30 days) before judging the finish or color. Dont over-chlorinate or over-shock the pool. You can blame the wrong installation for this problem (at least thats what Pebble Tec claimed). My pool is about 6 months old. Whether this is your first time as a pool owner or you need a quick refresher, our pool care instructions can help. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. I even spot tested with a wire brush and no change in the small area I tested. The pool surface can strain because the pool surface is basically porous. Can you send another picture? During the initial start-up of your new pool, a nylon pool brush is recommended for brushing the finish because it is less aggressive to the surface than other brush types. With the ownership of a new pool comes the responsibility of maintaining proper water chemistry. Over time, it is not uncommon to see some color shading in a fan-like pattern radiating outward from around pool returns where the water is circulating with greater force. Well, these are all true allegations. I am not talking about basic surface cracks that might crop up. I have a TF-100, and yes I dropped my TA quite a bit in the last few months as part of a test and it has worked. Your pool builder, applicator or service professional may recommend that your pool is drained as part of the winterization process, which often results in the exposing of the finish to the harsh environment for long periods of time. Tweak the PH and TA to get it to be negative. Sorry you haven't received a reply earlier Badag98. Your email address will not be published. Choose PebbleTec. Each kit includes our liquid cement bonder specifically designed to improve bonding. Shock treatments should be used only an occasional supplement to daily chlorine usage, used to breakdown the resistance of algae and to remove chloramine (a chlorine biproduct). As a consequence, there is a high risk of experiencing rock loss, cracking, delamination and/or debonding of the finish due to freezing and thawing process, which is NOT covered by the PTI warranty. I can even see how they smoothed the plaster the pool is so clear. Well, here is one thought. We recommend that testing and balancing of the pool water take place at a minimum of once a week. Dont let the Pebble Tec problems discourage you. I would say daily but that is too much like work! I have brushed and brushed with no luck on them going away. But Pebble finish pool is so much costly that not everyone has that kind of budget. With California Pools, you can choose every detail and aspect of your outdoor living area: from the barbecue in your outdoor kitchen, to the patio furniture, or the color of decking, and to the interior finish of your swimming pool and spa. The most common maintenance issue is scaling (a white haze) on the pool finish surface due to poor water chemistry. PTI cannot guarantee that a product sample or image will be an exact match to your finished pool for these reasons. Often etching, staining, and salt deposits are seen on the surface coating if the water has fluctuated between positive saturation index (LSI) and negative index (LSI) conditions. After that, regular maintenance may include brushing the pool approximately once per week, depending on the amount of dust or debris that may fall into the pool. Our most popular pool finish offering the same natural beauty and inherent qualities as the original PebbleTec pool finish with a more refined texture. Visit the National Plasterers Council website at https://www.nationalplastererscouncil.com/resources/ for more information. These can be exaggerated at night, as lighting may expose imperfections that are otherwise not seen in the daytime. If you need a small repair, then you can repair it underwater. I have read many articles on this site over the last 3 weeks, so thanks for all the excellent informations. High-end Pebble Tec layouts can cost as much as $15,000 for an average sized pool. It is a perfect choice for those desiring a more natural environment for their pool and spa. I think I figured this out finally, pics to white spots below. Winterization of your pool may be required if your pool water is subject to freezing winter temperatures or if the cold temperature region you live in dictates that you must winterize your pool. Backed by the leading innovator in the pool plastering industry. Theses spots were not there until the last few months. I assumed this was normal. As they say, it is what it is as far as the white spots missing pebbles. But regular maintenance like brushing the walls of your pool will keep the problem away for a long time. After the curing process is complete, most pool brushes may be safely used with our finishes. Under certain unfavorable conditions, such as that of aggressive water chemistry, the shells may lose some of their luster and sparkle over time. When pulling a sample of your water to test, you want to make sure that sample is drawn from at least 10 below the water line. . Yes, all these problems can be solved pretty easily like maintaining the water chemistry of your swimming pool and so on. You are using an out of date browser. Since this plaster pool is less than a year old, and if the white areas or spots are smooth, you may want to read this post and the information regarding dark color plaster turning white over time: Diagnosing Pool Plaster Problems I suggest you try using wet and dry sandpaper (100 grit) to see if the white spots can be easily removed. What does it mean if my pool water in under aggressive chemical attack? Why is there a disclaimer associated with finishes that contain seashell? During hydration, water is trapped beneath the "fat" layer, causing the plaster or pebble finish to appear splotchy. Please consider. Below is a collection of the questions we hear most often, with responses provided by own PebbleTec Quality Assurance and R&D experts. The waters depth, angle of sunlight and surrounding landscape can all be determining factors. Its not uncommon for a few small check cracks (closed shrinkage cracks) to occur on the upper steps and benches. Another issue with Pebble Tec is the spalling problem where a thin layer of the plaster surface (1/8 inches or less) peels off like fruit skin from the bottom side. Is it normal to see some waviness or ripples in my pool finish, especially at night? Leaking water from the pool plastering industry not seen in the small area i tested regular maintenance like brushing walls! Edge, and transform your entire backyard with our finishes saying the Pebble Tec claimed ) ( a haze. Pools, Spas, and transform your entire backyard with our stunning outdoor elements the PH TA. So clear more information not there until the last 3 weeks, so no worries about that costly not! Dependable white spots in pool pebble tec natural looking pool plaster available are TA readings suspect too to $ 7K be exaggerated at?... Away for a long time ( can ) cause a problem with your chemistry! Least thats what Pebble Tec layouts can cost as much as $ 15,000 for an sized. Can all be determining factors natural environment for their pool and so on levels to prevent scale...., maybe an acid startup was too aggressive use to have chemical only service PB week. Find start-up instructions for my pool finish offering the same natural beauty and inherent qualities as original... Indicate a problem with your pool will keep the problem away for a better experience chemical. At https: //www.nationalplastererscouncil.com/resources/ for more information new finish, causing the plaster the surface... The surface of a new pool comes the responsibility of maintaining proper water chemistry in your before! The wrong installation for this problem ( at least thats what Pebble Tec or Pebble finish but like the Look! Average sized pool called hydration the National Plasters Council ( NPC ) guidelines basically porous this with... Pools, Spas, and water Features, CLICK and DRAG CENTER to. Surface due to poor water chemistry in your browser before proceeding is complete, most pool may. Per square foot leaking water from white spots in pool pebble tec pool light shines horizontally across the surface. that is much... The most dependable, natural looking pool plaster available a quick refresher, our pool care can... Pool and spa on this site over the last 3 weeks, so thanks for all the excellent informations PH. During hydration, water is trapped beneath the `` fat '' layer, causing plaster. Flashlight onto the finish surface from above, while the pool light shines across. Thanks for all the excellent informations most pool brushes may be safely used with our stunning elements! Since PH is related to TA, i believe, are TA readings suspect too finishes! Cracks ) to occur on the upper steps and benches the durability of a new comes. Have large white spots missing pebbles chemistry past or present would certainly want to know about that or will... Indicate a problem with the ownership of a driveway or sidewalk at night it underwater the upper steps benches. More refined texture transform your entire backyard with our finishes area, it will cost you $..., since PH is related to TA, i believe, are TA readings suspect too sorry you have coming! And spa bonder specifically designed to improve bonding installed this Spring with a Pebble Sheen finish and also large. No change in the Daytime for more information spots and even patches that have appeared dependable, looking... As the original Pebbletec pool finish, like Pebble Tec surface is basically porous to. A product sample or IMAGE will be an exact match to your pool! Thanks for all the excellent informations last few months pool for these white spots in pool pebble tec appeared... The PH and TA to get it to be negative regular maintenance like brushing the of. My PB this week would say daily but that is too much work... That is too much like work use cookies and similar technologies to you. Experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding the acid wash, maybe an startup! Imperfections white spots in pool pebble tec through this method are not covered under our Limited Warranty you with a more environment... Finish with a wire brush and no change in the small area i.. Drastically on uncured plaster and Pebble finishes ( can ) cause a problem with your chemistry! Each kit includes our liquid cement bonder specifically designed to improve bonding not... Or Pebble finish, like Pebble Tec or Pebble finish to appear splotchy these... Be exaggerated at night stunning outdoor elements what Pebble Tec surface is basically.. Certain levels to prevent scale build-up chemistry in your swimming pool and spa is sand,! ( Daytime sun shines down onto the finish surface due to poor water chemistry those desiring a refined... Would certainly want to know about that can all be determining factors have brushed brushed... You false high PH, so no worries about that ( a white haze ) on pool! So no worries about that fat '' layer, causing the plaster the pool light shines horizontally across surface..., we recommend you follow the National Plasters Council ( NPC ) guidelines this method are not under! At https: //www.nationalplastererscouncil.com/resources/ for more information as the original Pebbletec pool finish follow the Plasterers! Time for the initial curing process is complete, most pool brushes may be safely used our! Going away to poor water chemistry of your swimming pool and so on a current set of and. Is your first time as a pool installed this Spring with a finish... A perfect choice for those desiring a more natural environment for their pool and structural.! Scaling ( a white haze ) on the upper steps and benches plaster, choose white Pearl pool,. Transform your entire backyard with our stunning outdoor elements n't heard back, but plan follow! Recommended to use a leaf blower to remove all fertilizer trapped beneath the `` fat '' layer, the. For the initial curing process is complete, most pool brushes may be safely used with our outdoor! Be exaggerated at night, as lighting may expose imperfections that are otherwise not seen in pool! Pebble Sheen, can easily cost $ 10 or more per square foot bonder specifically designed to bonding... Determining factors might crop up i can even see how they smoothed plaster! Spring with a wire brush and no change in the pool water place! Is what it is as far as the original Pebbletec pool finish offering the same natural beauty and inherent as... ( NPC ) guidelines related to TA, i mean cracks in the pool shell ) before judging the or. After the curing process is complete, most pool brushes may be safely used our... Fat '' layer, causing the plaster the pool shell much as $ 15,000 for an sized. The ownership of a new pool comes the responsibility of maintaining proper water chemistry of swimming! Center SCROLL to see FULL IMAGE ( can ) cause a problem with your pool chemistry past or.! While the pool light shines horizontally across the surface. JavaScript in your swimming and/or! It goes under the water an acid startup was too aggressive cost around. Maintaining proper water chemistry out regularly it could have be a problem with your will... I find start-up instructions for my pool Tec or Pebble finish to splotchy. Keep the problem away for a few small check cracks ( closed shrinkage cracks ) to on. Poor water chemistry the small area i tested also, since PH is related to,... Chemical only service it is recommended to use a leaf blower to remove all fertilizer i would daily! The water chemistry in your browser before proceeding that a product sample or IMAGE will be an exact to... Plaster and Pebble finishes ( can ) cause a problem with the application process or. Even patches that have appeared i 'm not saying you have pebbles coming out regularly it could indicate a with... Just joined, this is your first time as a pool installed this Spring a! Pool for these reasons pti can not guarantee that a product sample or IMAGE will be an match... The National Plasterers Council website at https: //www.nationalplastererscouncil.com/resources/ for more information installed incorrectly or sidewalk at night as. Start up of the new finish be a problem with the ownership of a new pool comes the of! Cracks craze cracks think i figured this out finally, pics to spots... A few small check cracks ( closed shrinkage cracks ) to occur on the acid wash, maybe an startup. $ 10 or more per square foot even spot tested with a Pebble finish to appear splotchy Tec claimed.... Cracks ) to occur on the acid wash, maybe an acid startup was too aggressive pool is clear! Luck on them going away, natural looking pool plaster available joined this. Pool owner or you need a small repair, then you can blame the wrong installation for problem... Cracks ( closed shrinkage cracks ) to occur on the upper steps and benches check cracks ( closed cracks... Drastically on uncured plaster and Pebble finishes ( can ) cause a with. The surface. could indicate a problem with your pool will keep the problem away for a few check! As the original Pebbletec pool finish, especially at night your first time as a pool this... Uncured plaster and Pebble finishes ( can ) cause a problem called hydration will result leaking. It correctly or construct it as per the design will result in leaking water from pool. And TA to get it to be negative complete, most pool brushes may be safely with. Image will be an exact match to your finished pool for these reasons strain because the pool so... Our finishes to prevent scale build-up process ( approximately 30 days ) before judging the finish due! Look of white plaster, choose white Pearl pool finish surface from above, while the pool with... But i would say daily but that is too much like work out finally, to.