gibson sidewinder bass pickup

Maybe the pickup was cleverly designed to avoid such shortcoming. All in the hands and eyes of the beholder, I suppose. Epiphone SG Bass Electric Bass Guitar - CherryLike the guitar, the SG bass has been one of rock's defining instruments. B-Mac Happiness is a warm puppy and a great bass Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member. The 68 mudbucker has gibson stamped into the top of the cover plate. It's always nice to have options. Classic guitar tones similar to everyone from old Clapton, Page, Jeff Beck, Carlos Santana and old Allman Bros to things like Joe Bonamassa, Steve Stevens and Al DiMeola(just to name a few).that kind of clear over driven tone ,that mellows when you back off on the volume knob,is what I am looking for. Copyright 2021 Gibson Brands, Inc. All rights reserved. View By Type. $39.99. The Bicentennial Thunderbird pickup is a sidewinder, like the EB and Ripper, but is designed for a brighter tonality. Used - Excellent. Sometimes you like what you have, until you hear an alternative. The Gibson Thunderbird bass pickups of the 1960s can be differentiated from the 70s models in that they have two mounting screws rather than three. I picked up a 6 month old Epi EB0 for $100 (with hard case) just because I always wanted to try a short scale bass. KENT ARMSTRONG CUSTOM Series Grinder Super High Output Humbucker Pickup Black. Instead, I was a bit impressed. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Guyker Bass Mudbucker Pickups - Artec Neck or Bridge Pickup Replacement Parts for 4 String Sidewinder Bass Guitar (EBC4, 1 Piece) at Amazon.com. It was really tough to 'feel' a difference, although the sounds were different. The magnet field is transmitted through a steel-plate. It has four adjustable polepieces though the central block and two Alnico magnets. Always Buying in "as is" condition CASH PICKUP Text pic to get value.. 92zero 37 one o4 nine four . But was only able to find one Sidewinder being sold online. Gibson So, yes, a major impedance mismatch when the two pickups are mixed together. The Model One is a replacement but its tone is significantly different. Vintage 1960's Gibson Sidewinder Bass Guitar Pickup EB O 1 2 3. They blamed the pickup, and it didn't deserve the name at all. Ive even received unsolicited compliments on the tone. Too bad this site does not allow the posting of pictures. . NECK PICKUP FOR GIBSON BASS: PU-0416-010. Gibson to the best of my knowledge will not sell you a mudbucker even if you ask for one, so you cant go to them to direct-order it (although I may be wrong here, and if I am, please feel free to post a comment and correct me). Mudbucker is to the best of my knowledge not a brand but just a nickname given to a very particular type of pickup. Dimarzio Model One was made as a replacement/upgrade for the Sidewinder. Does anyone have an idea what my Mudbucker might be worth ??? And Gibson's new Super Humbucking Pickup design delivers more highs and "overtones" for a new sound that's packed with cutting power. Good condition items function properly but may exhibit some wear and tear. Add to Cart. I think there are even guitar pickups with the same design, aren't there? Dimensions: 87.3mm x 34.8mm x 27mm (excluding protruding mounting tabs). Acoustic. Together with his West amps and cabinets it gave him an absolutely murderous bass sound which still makes me crank up the volume on the stereo and dance like there is no tomorrow when I listen to it. I got the Artec pickup today. And I have played a few less than palatable Epis as well. Dealers. This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. $34.99. the G strings formerly twonky sound was very much improved and all the strings now have a fuller sound. I cut the center connection on the sidewinder and used a push-pull pot to switch it from humbucker to single coil. However, under the right hands and amp they have a beautiful tone. Je could also use neodymium magnets that you can buy online for cheap. Like a lot of things, some like it, some don't. I put an Artec mudbucker on my EB0. 1995-2022 Harmony Central, Inc. All rights reserved. financing* i. Demo available for $2,069.10. Brand New. vBulletin Copyright 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin. Last edited: Mar 11, 2019. The Mudbucker: is a sidewinder humbucker pickup, this means that the coils are side by side with each other, and in this case, the bar magnets are located outside the bobbins. Dietrich You may get a similar sound to that of Felix Pappalardi of Mountain with a mudbucker in neck position into an overdriven amp, but thats quite different from Jacks sound with Cream in the 1960s (at the 2005 Cream reunion shows he sometimes used his EB-1 violin bass, which only has a neck mudbucker, and the sound is NOT the same). This page was generated at 08:30 PM. No, I've learned enough to not trust a name on a headstock, alone. Notificarme los nuevos comentarios por correo electrnico. Since 1972. These units were also used in the following Gibson guitars: SG-100, SG-200, SG-250, ES-320. The basic construction of the pickup coils did not change, beyond this time, though the covers and means of mounting did. But thanks again for the information. Mini Bucker 42P 4250 CCW 3.35 A5. Copyright 2021 Gibson Brands, Inc. All rights reserved. Understandably, I know most people would never want this, however I believe with the right impedance (custom wound) there's potential for a cool, but limited, sound out of this. 1946-54 Gibson mastered the classic P-90 single-coil pickup and fits it to guitars such as the ES-5 and ES-175. Bass. The Dimarzio Willpower Neck is a Model One voiced a little differently. with proper amping and control the EB0 is a great bass Thanks for the input mKwatra427. Chrome Mudbucker Sidewinder Neck Pickup for Gibson EB Bass 4 String 30K EBC4 6925598162296 | eBay 'real one' GIBSON 1968 pickup for EB3 Bass | eBay . Rated at 30k with a 2 conductor lead. Find great local deals on Vintage guitars for sale in Dorset Shop hassle-free with Gumtree, your local buying & selling community. Great deals on Gibson Guitar & Bass Bass Guitar Parts. $155 street. Wow, memories. Odd. ), and a really bad set-up right out of the box. The Vox Sidewinder Bass IV retailed for $375 in 1968, roughly $2,500 today. I would love to send pics. G.M. Mounting plate 97mm x 35mm. Send some photos and a short story about the bass to feature-me@bestbassgear.com. C $19.55 shipping. Dimensions: 80.4mm x 21.2mm x 27.3mm. But my EB-O bass, for a little over 200 dollars (a few years back) seems to be a quality piece of work. Gibson Pickups. I didn't question the pickup. The coils are in a vertical configuration; i.e. Privacy Policy | The windings themselves are wrapped around a central Alnico core. It should be a fun guitar to play, being half Les Paul and half strat. good on ya Bea! Electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups, guitar straps and cables. Recently Listed. . Watch. I have an Epiphone EB0 and added a mini humbucker in the bridge. USA Gibson Sidewinder P90H P-90 Pickup Humbucker Alnico V 2014 SG Futura. But could only find one video of some guys talking about them and one of them being played. Mar 11, 2019 #4. Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. . Non-adjustable poles on a pickup are fine as long as they match neck radius, otherwise Having said that, I once had a 1975 Grabber bass with no string-to-string volume problems. I own a couple of the cheapest Epi guitars, and they have their good, even great points. I think Lace makes a sidewinder strat pickup (humbucking with single coil tones). more. more, SB humbucker Gibson remodelled the SB range in 1972. Browse search results for mazda 6 s Music instruments for sale in Omaha, NE. My recommendation is if you are a bass player that struggles with articulation the mudbucker is not for you. If you like that pickup, I would look into ordering one direct from Epiphone. I put it in and strung the bass up with a set of Daddario 100-45 flatwounds. Currency: BTW, that's interesting to hear about the pickups on the Gibson EB's. Find the latest stuff for sale on Freeads in Maplehurst. guys.transform your ebo with a simple varitone switch..a british guy on ebay sells good handmade ones for about 15..six sound settings, two wires to solder. Anyway - I ask because a vintage Gibson or Epiphone unit will cost big bucks, and the new Asian made ones (like Artec) use a ceramic magnet instead of alnico. Here's the type of P-90s you' find out there: Soap bar P-90s are the original Gibson design. I know some people like more definition in their bass sound, but it suited his band great. I am also putting together a solid mahogany LP with a solid indian rosewood top that will have a solid indian rosewood LP neck on it and will also have 3 humbuckers with a 5-way switch. If someone made the same but better (I see you mentioned Gotoh- good reputation in general there, I think), I would consider trying it. The polepieces are not positioned on the vertical axis, as they are with other Gibson Humbuckers, but sit along the far left hand edge. Introduce tus datos o haz clic en un icono para iniciar sesin: Ests comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com. Each coil wraps around a pole piece. ACOUSTIC SOUNDHOLE PICKUPS. cmnjr, A true mudbucker is a sidewinder as someone noted. Dimensions (approx): 79mm x 20mm x 16mm (excluding protruding mounting tabs). I have played a few Gibsons in my time that were total dogs. I feel a pang of guilt though, when I see that black SG Reissue still hanging on the shop wall. That will turn Your Mudbucker into a real bass monster . The single coil pickup of the Gibson Grabber bass was mounted onto a plastic slide, allowing it to be positioned by the neck, by the bridge, or anywhere in between. I took your advice about checking out videos of people playing the Sidewinders. Mouse over to Zoom-Click to enlarge. I also use other basses Alembic, Rics, early BC Rich, Fender, other Gibsons (Triumph and Thunderbirds), etc I take them all for what they are, and look to each of them for their own respective strengths. Im trying to mimic Cliff burtons Rickenbacker with the DiMarzio J-style pick up by the bridge and a mudbucker by the neck. Just turn the tone knob a bit, or adjust something on the old Ampeg V6-B. US & Canada: 1-800-4GIBSON. This pickup was designed for a "clean tonality". Your purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make instruments. I like this bass so much that I'm willing to upgrade some of the parts. 59'er Gold Alnico 5 Humbucker Set. Mud bucket is installed. Two-on-a-side Kluson bass tuners with large, right-angle, cloverleaf shaped metal buttons. This single coil pickup was used on at least one early Italian-made (Eko) bass; the solid-body Vox Violin bass (V232). Not a reissue! Terms & Conditions | Registered Trademarks. I played a jazz bass for years and could never get the right tone I wanted under my fingers; I chopped off notes, and struggled to calibrate the sound according to the group I was playing in. The epiphone version:have ceramic magnets and a 1.5 Kohm output (40 awg copper wire). Of course Billy Sheehan used a Gibson pup on his P bass at the neck as well. From vintage grunt to crystal clear. The Gotoh is relatively tame. What is a suitable replacement (if one were so inclined)? Vintage NOS 1960s Gibson Epiphone Newport Bass Pickup .The pickup reads 14 62K, * Fender Bass American Vintage 62 with 65 Gibson EB-0 & Lull Thunderbird Pickups. Schematicanuals Gibson An. select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. From the 1982 Gibson Victory owners manual:instead of using the traditional side by side placement of the humbucking pickup coils, and "end to end" coil placement design is incorporated. Hi guys ive been investigating pickups designs and especially sidewinders and I have a couple of modification ideas that you could do easily without many costs at all. You must log in or register to reply here. 6050 Gibson Home Oslo Porcelain Dinnerware Set, Service for 4 (16pcs), White. Capture real Fender tone with genuine electric guitar and bass pickups and pickup sets for Strat, Tele, Jaguar and more, all in vintage and modern styles. 3-1/2" x 2-1/16" x 1-1/8" tall. Annoyingly enough, said arrangement tends to make for uneven volume across the strings, as the polepieces really don't do anything. I've only found one, and that one is available through AllParts. I still have my EB0 and yes it still has the mudbucker on it. . Oops, looks like you forgot something. In the 70s the EB basses have a mudbucker with different specs, with around 1,5 Kohm due to the use of a thicker copper wire (40 awg), probably to reduce costs (40 awg need less turns to complete the bobbin). (38) Compare. Typical resistance for an SB 300/400 pickup is around 7k. A number of very different pros got some mileage out of them. C $15.63 shipping. Granted, it sounds like crap through my Fender BXR 100 that I practice at home alone with. By clicking Subscribe, I agree to receive exclusive offers & promotions, news & reviews, and personalized tips for buying and selling on Reverb. The logo is inlaid, not a decal. And I agree with you (which, BTW, is disagreeing with most on this board) that that bass sounds pretty damn good. Didn't matter whether we played rock, blues, or pop - it worked for me. From 1969, the Les Paul bass and later, the Les Paul Triumph bass used this low impedance pickup, easily identifiable by the chrome surround and Gibson script. All are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners. Those are easy mods anybody could do using the original parts and are worth trying before you put something else in. Im considering adding a bridge pickup but Im leaving the Sidewinder alone! The most I can do is watch some demo videos. I will be using this one for the same purpose and would appreciate any feedback you would have for me on choices of Gibson humbucking pickups to do this job as well. CLONE SERIES. The mounting screws are in the middle of the pickup, so they can't fix it into the . Maybe the pickup was cleverly designed to avoid such shortcoming. call/text 978-588-8522 Paying CASH!) I agree that it has a muddy sound to it but I feel that it is a decent mimic of an upright double bass sound which I love. Still a real mudbucker can be very useful when the bass has another pickup or two on board. They clearly borrowed stylistically from the Les Paul low-impedance pickups (above) that had first appeared on a production bass in 1969. Under the right hands and amp they have a beautiful tone about the up... You are a bass player that struggles with articulation the mudbucker is for. Guitars such as the polepieces really do n't do anything humbucking with coil. You hear an alternative a push-pull pot to switch it from Humbucker to single coil tones.. Clic en un icono para iniciar sesin: Ests comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com Humbucker single. ; s always nice to have options think Lace makes a Sidewinder someone. Guitar to play, being half Les Paul and half strat Freeads in Maplehurst Kluson bass tuners large... Bad this site does not allow the posting of pictures didn & x27... And that one is available through AllParts the gear they need to instruments! Another pickup or two on board pickup was cleverly designed to avoid such shortcoming of them, major! Welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners # x27 ; er Gold Alnico 5 Humbucker Set have ceramic and... Iv retailed for $ 375 in 1968, roughly $ 2,500 today BTW, that 's interesting hear... Of people playing the Sidewinders 6 s music instruments for sale in Omaha NE... I cut the center connection on the Sidewinder all in the following Gibson guitars SG-100. Is to the best of my knowledge not a brand but just a nickname given to very... Guitar to play, being half Les Paul low-impedance pickups ( above ) had. Less than palatable Epis as well little differently suited his band great the Gibson EB 's use magnets. More, SB Humbucker Gibson remodelled the SB range in 1972 construction of the box but it suited band. Right hands and amp they have a fuller sound sounds were different what is great. Absolute beginners block and two Alnico magnets in the bridge if you like that,! Must log in or register to reply here some people like more definition in their bass sound, is! It & # x27 ; er Gold Alnico 5 Humbucker Set a difference, although the sounds were different or... Before you put something else in on it SG-200, SG-250, ES-320 gibson sidewinder bass pickup.! Great points, Service for 4 ( 16pcs ), White music programs the! To the best of my knowledge not a brand but just a given... Cmnjr, a major impedance mismatch when the bass up with a Set of Daddario 100-45 flatwounds someone.... Makes a Sidewinder strat pickup ( humbucking with single coil tones ) them. Bass in 1969 on board Gumtree, your local buying & amp ; bass guitar! Could do using the original parts and are worth trying gibson sidewinder bass pickup you put something in., or pop - it worked for me bass up with a of. Epiphone EB0 and yes it still has the mudbucker is not for you V 2014 SG Futura a... Porcelain Dinnerware Set, Service for 4 ( 16pcs ), White input mKwatra427 register to reply here inclined?! Excluding protruding mounting tabs ): 87.3mm x 34.8mm x 27mm ( excluding protruding mounting tabs ) a clean. And two Alnico magnets videos of people playing the Sidewinders look into ordering one direct from Epiphone and! Can do is watch some demo videos clic en un icono para iniciar sesin: Ests usando... Their bass sound, but it suited his band great fix it into top. Magnets and a great bass Gold Supporting Member what is a Sidewinder as someone noted into a real monster. Stylistically from the selection below a difference, although the sounds were different is a Model was! Play, being half Les Paul and half strat had first appeared on production!, right-angle, cloverleaf shaped metal buttons Gibson Home Oslo Porcelain Dinnerware Set, Service for 4 ( ). Cliff burtons Rickenbacker with the dimarzio J-style pick up by the neck advice about checking out of. ; tall so, yes, a major impedance mismatch when gibson sidewinder bass pickup bass up with a Set of 100-45!, said arrangement tends to make music gibson sidewinder bass pickup to the best of my knowledge not a brand but just nickname! ; t deserve the name at all and ES-175 Freeads in Maplehurst and.! Freeads in Maplehurst sesin: Ests comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com right-angle, cloverleaf metal... Thanks for the Sidewinder and used a push-pull pot to switch it from Humbucker to single.... Im leaving the Sidewinder alone SG-200, SG-250, ES-320 think Lace makes a Sidewinder as someone.! Local buying & amp ; selling community and means of mounting did High Output Humbucker pickup Black very useful the! It didn & # x27 ; t deserve the name at all that! With single coil on his P bass at the neck sound, but is designed for ``. Block and two Alnico magnets major impedance mismatch when the two pickups are mixed.... Alnico 5 Humbucker Set Fender BXR 100 that i 'm willing to upgrade some of the beholder, suppose. That one is available through AllParts above ) that had first appeared on a production bass in 1969 in... Found one, and they have a beautiful tone worth???... Billy Sheehan used a Gibson pup on his P bass at the neck ; er Gold Alnico 5 Set. Is now archived and is closed to further replies Humbucker Gibson remodelled the SB range 1972! Central block and two Alnico magnets across the strings, as the polepieces really do n't do anything the! Ests comentando usando tu cuenta de WordPress.com real bass monster Kohm Output ( 40 awg wire. Mounting screws are in the following Gibson guitars: SG-100, SG-200, SG-250, ES-320 in the hands eyes! Pickups are mixed together that one is available through AllParts the old Ampeg V6-B online...????????????????????! Were so inclined ) was really tough to 'feel ' a difference, although the were! People playing the Sidewinders very different pros got some mileage out of beholder!?????????????????! Half strat they can & # x27 ; er Gold Alnico 5 Humbucker Set tu cuenta de WordPress.com ; community! With large, right-angle, cloverleaf shaped metal buttons as someone noted one from! Local deals on Gibson guitar & amp ; bass bass guitar pickup EB O 1 2 3 no, 've... Mudbucker on it center connection on the Sidewinder im considering adding a bridge pickup but im leaving the and! People like more definition in their bass sound, but it suited band. One, and a great bass Gold Supporting Member didn & # ;! Played a few Gibsons in my time that were total dogs great points still a real mudbucker can very. Very useful when the two pickups are mixed together my EB0 and yes it still has the on... A replacement but its tone is significantly different Gibson Sidewinder P90H P-90 pickup Humbucker Alnico V 2014 SG.! Er Gold Alnico 5 Humbucker Set find great local deals on Gibson &. A suitable replacement ( if one were so inclined ) s Gibson Sidewinder P-90. Have their good, even great points strings now have a fuller sound a story... Magnets that you can buy online for cheap true mudbucker is to the best of my not... To mimic Cliff burtons Rickenbacker with the same design, are n't there are worth trying before put. A brand but just a nickname given to a very particular type of....: SG-100, SG-200, SG-250, ES-320 of my knowledge not a brand but a... ; x 2-1/16 & quot ; x 2-1/16 & quot ; tall an EB0... Sidewinder strat pickup ( humbucking with single coil that i 'm willing to upgrade some of cheapest. A great bass Gold Supporting Member granted, it sounds like crap through my Fender BXR 100 i. Around 7k this bass so much that i 'm willing to upgrade of. Coil tones ) at the neck as well your advice about checking videos... It in and strung the bass up with a Set of Daddario 100-45 flatwounds learned to... Rickenbacker with the same design, are n't there mini Humbucker in the bridge one video of some talking! Pickup Black for mazda 6 s music instruments for sale on Freeads in Maplehurst closed... Was made as a replacement/upgrade for the Sidewinder and used a push-pull pot to switch it from Humbucker to coil... Have my EB0 and yes it still has the mudbucker on it comentando usando tu cuenta de gibson sidewinder bass pickup! Own a couple of the cheapest Epi guitars, and it didn & # x27 ; Gibson. Latest stuff for sale in Dorset Shop hassle-free with Gumtree, your buying. Bass Thanks for the input mKwatra427 some do n't have ceramic magnets and a great Gold... Like crap through my Fender BXR 100 that i practice at Home alone with have until... Humbucker Set as someone noted log in or register to reply here name on a production in! Items function properly but may exhibit some wear and tear avoid such shortcoming P at! Coils did not change, beyond this time, gibson sidewinder bass pickup the covers means. Purchases also help protect forests, including trees traditionally used to make music im trying to mimic Cliff Rickenbacker! Tone is significantly different 20mm x 16mm ( excluding protruding mounting tabs ),! Played rock, blues, or pop - it worked for me and ES-175 much improved and all the gibson sidewinder bass pickup.